Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Gay Teachers/Professors Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:13 am
I had a biology teacher I was sure was a lesbian. I don't think she was out to her students, but I did see her with her girlfriend a few times. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:19 am
Yes indeedy.  

Jisatsu_no_Tenshi

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:50 pm
Yes, my high school PD/H/PE teacher was a lesbian, actually her girlfriend was due to have a baby he year after I graduated ^_^

She was out but didn't exactly flaunt it. Like... most of the junior school (grade 7-10 ) had no idea or weren't sure. But she had no problems discussing it with her senior classes (grade 11 and 12 )  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:07 pm
I had a health teacher in ninth grade who wasn't openly lesbian but, a lot of the students found out she was and made fun of her stressed
My friends and I would defend her when we were around but I guess it wasn't enough because she ended up quitting. She did thank us for all that we did for her but I still feel like there could have been more we should have done to help her.
We even reported the kids to the principal but since my principal is homophobic she didn't do anything but lecture them about being more discreet with their opinions stare  

RomeosJuliet1642

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:33 am
My old German teacher (I dropped German when I began my last two years of school and chose my options) was really camp and feminine. Everyone thought he was gay, but he openly dated one of the female teachers. So, he could've been straight or bi...

One of the english teachers is openly lesbian. There's a picture of her and her partner on her desk.

And my english teacher I had for my two years supports gay rights, as she told the class about her two gay friends who had to move away from Africa due to the discrimination and abuse they were given.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:46 pm
yes high school math teacher she was out I also had a gay piano teacher but he was so far in the closet I was jesh come out already everyone already knows  

Raeiko

Hazeldrips

Friendly Poster

6,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:44 pm
One of the professors at my college is gay, although not stereotypically so. We also have a transgender teacher, which is both nice and.. not so nice for her, sometimes.

Even though our college is mostly open-minded and supportive, save for certain students, the transgender teacher gets a lot of often repetitive, offensive and inappropriate questions asked. But she always answers them diligently for the sake of kids who are just genuinely curious or are maybe transgender themselves (or know someone who is). As somebody who also has a transgender friend and has seen just how shitty it can be, I have the utmost respect for her. :<

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:20 pm
I had a science teacher in high school who was very openly female to male transgender, we had a class assignment about transgenderism.

And then my history teacher was a lesbian, she wore the rainbow bracelets and everything.

-Candii_Sweet-

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:04 am
My daughter's English/Writing teacher from Junior High as well as High school (he was promoted to HS), is bi-sexual. He lived two buildings away from us on the same street.

I absolutely loved this man. He is a devoted teacher, student love him very much. He was in a relationship with a man that just didn't go very well. Last I heard (recently), he met a woman, fell in love, and is getting married.

My daughter told me there was a small group of students who were about to conspire against him... one of the girls in this group was reprimanded by this teacher because she was not adhering to the dress code. She wore very revealing shirts, exposing her bra and breasts (we have strict codes in our school systems here in New Hampshire)... and he had sent this girl to the office to be dismissed home to change and come back.

This girl was so angry, she was going to file a false report against this teacher in retaliation by accusing him of staring at her chest. My daughter got wind of this and IMMEDIATELY went to the office to file a report.

The principal called the teacher and my daughter in for a meeting, and when it was disclosed what was about to happen, the teacher was panicked and scared. The principal assured him that nothing was going to be done against him, and that my daughter reported what was going to happen. She loved this teacher!!!! She gave him a big hug... he thanked her up and down...

The girl later was in serious trouble... I dont know what ever happened to her, but she was never seen from there again.

I remember sending this teacher a thank-you for being such a great teacher and friend to my daughter... he would always have a dinner seat at our table... Im happy he is still teaching too!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:36 pm
I had a college English professor who was openly gay. He didn't flaunt it, but brought up his orientation during relevant subjects. Whatever the case, he was great at his job.

He was very intelligent, creative, and had these continental-type mannerisms that were so amusing. The way he spoke was so proper, and he never spoke over students--he wasn't one of those professors that left a student feeling unacknowledged. When someone said something, he would always say, "Thank you for sharing" in such a precise and sincere manner. But when he was making jokes, he could be feisty and playful. He was hard not fall in love with in some shape or form, lol. He motivated my passion for writing, and I'm sure did the same for others. Amazing guy.  

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

Pandasarenotracist

Super Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:39 pm
No but i want to be a history teacher  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers