Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:37 pm
Storm's Last Hope
His existence rests in Lifewater's claws.
Words: N/A  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:18 am
Last Day
Words: 1,001+

If only I had known today would be the day I was to die...

Ekita rolled out of her bunk when one of the alarms started to buzz- it did not matter that it was for all intents and purposes the crack of dawn they had to get up and get work done. One of the rods a few miles out had been damaged, that was the overload alarm. It probably meant a damaged conduit "Get up you guys. Work to do." She moved to silence the buzzers, no sense having them continuously going off. They had hardly gotten a chance to sleep, which meant she was cranky; a fact that never boded well for anyone else. She had a headache and her mouth tasted like fuzz- she was most certainly hung over and no doubt they would regret having given her that alcohol later.

Just yesterday they had celebrated her turning six- that is six years as a climber. If she wasn't a record breaker, she had to be damn close (or so the guys had said anyway). Over half a decade hanging from metal well up into the sky, it was just asking to get struck by lightning. It was a job that tended to shorten your life expectancy to one day at a time and the funny thing about her was she liked it that way. That was how it had always been, much to her poor father's dismay. She was an adrenaline junkie who all too often found herself on the wrong side of the law. So much so that she had been given two choices- exile to the surface, which meant certain death or a job as a storm child, which made it likely but not a guaranteed death sentence.

The amusing thing that she never bothered to mention to her father was that this was the life she would have picked for herself anyway given the choice. He had hoped she would grow up to be a scientist or an engineer who worked below the surface, or even a doctor like her mostly absent mother. But no, the rush of adrenaline won out in the end as it always did. The only decent thing she did was pretend to be upset when they first brought her up here, if only for her father's sake. It did not last long however, the first time they were able to write letters home she told her father the truth. Small wonder the man didn't have a heart attack right there reading it and fall over dead. This wasn't the kind of job you volunteered for, let alone hoped for and dreamed about.

Ekita was maybe half dressed by now, just missing her gear. At least she could give the bunk bed frame a solid kick without breaking any toes. "Come on you lazy assholes. Get up!" Her last few 'coworkers' finally relented and got out of bed. "I should have left the damned alarms on to get you guys moving." Said alarms would have gotten louder and louder the longer they were left unattended.

She rolled her eyes and stalked in the direction of the gear room when they seemed to be on their feet and getting dressed. "Lazy asses." But first, a stop by the kitchen for a couple of pain reliever, caffeine pills and a couple swallows of water. Hopefully they would kick in on the way to the work site otherwise it was going to be a fun climb. After a moment to make sure the pills had gone down the right way she was back on the path to her locker in the gear room. It was the one on the end, with a gap after it before the first layer of outer wall. A prime spot really, it meant she had the end of the bench to herself. Even moreso at the moment since the next locker over was vacant, since the poor b*****d had fried himself about a month back.

Today there seemed to be something fishy about her locker, the door had been left just barely ajar. She always made sure it was closed, clearly there had been someone in there last night during all the ruckus they had been causing. "******** fabulous." Just what she needed right now. Really! Only question was, what had said vandal done last night? The red head stayed as far away as possible and nudged the locker open with her boot. Nothing exploded...right away at least. Maybe she was just paranoid?

It turned out her paranoia was right on target, because when she stepped in front of the locker something exploded- sending a shower of colored sparkles everywhere. "Mother ********!" She jumped backwards and almost fell over the bench. The raucous laughter from the doorway only made her growl. "Seriously. We don't have time for this s**t guys!" Said 'guys' actually consisted of three guys and another girl. Storm children usually worked in groups of six, but their number six had yet to be replaced and likely would not be for a few months yet. "We're a man short and need to get this done."

Her teammates' grumbling had her rolling her eyes again. "Don't blame me, you all are the ones who gave me the booze." That seemed to shut them up for the time being. Now that their 'fun' was over she was finally able to get geared up. The last piece was her goggles, which she tugged up from around her neck to rest atop her head. "Everybody good?" They went out into the garage together and piled into the jeep. Ekita didn't intend to drive today, her headache hadn't dulled enough and the others still had their prank to atone for- so one of them could. She would however hit the switch to open the garage hatch.

It was raining outside, as opposed to pouring, at least for the moment. That was in their favor at least, the work could go quicker that way. This was assuming the storm did not worsen on the way. She pulled down her goggles as they headed out of the garage, the jeep had a roof but it did not stop the rain from coming in when it wanted to. Besides that it was a low light day. "It was the beacon just east of here." That meant lines that went straight down to a city- to Jurval to be more precise. The city she had grown up in, during a life that seemed so far away now. It was strangely surreal, to think that her past life was just below the ground beneath the jeep.

In hindsight it seemed like death down there in Jurval, everything was so sterile and full of machinery. At least up here they the storm, with its wild, primal and unpredictable nature. Which tended to either help or make their lives hell, depending on its 'mood'. Ekita often thought of it as alive, even if it truly wasn't. "Quick and clean, you know how bitchy they get when they loose power."

Today the storm's mood seemed to be shifting....  

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:51 pm
A Dragon in Need
The two water dragons (mostly Lifewater) rescue Chien Tang.
Words: 549  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:44 pm
Climber's Luck
Ekita falls into Lifewater's quarters, quite literally.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:20 pm
Great Storms
Ekita is given, and fuses, Shen Lung's gem.
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:44 pm
Storm's Passion and Fury
Somewhat NSFW

Suddenly Ekita was out in the open of a field, deep red hair unbound and free of clothes, naked as the day she was born. Heavy grey clouds gathered in the sky overhead and opened up, drenching her with their bounty of water. Her face turned up toward the sky as the water ran over every inch of her skin. She would have done this a long time ago on Axant beneath the Great Storm if it had been safe to do so. Her eyes closed and suddenly the rain changed, turning cooler and quickening her blood and sending a shiver up her spine. The energy in the air felt familiar and there was a crack of lightning just off to her left.

You will always be safe with me.

The sound of his 'voice' so close made her jump and silver eyes opened seeking out the source of it. He stood just to the side watching her, having taken the only form he could recall- tall and slender with long light blue hair crowned by two pairs of white horns, aqua eyes, pointed ears and silver-grey scales climbing up his legs and down his tail. He too was clad in nothing and paid no heed to the rain falling on them both. There was a crack of thunder just as a jagged bolt of lightning streaked down from the sky and suddenly he was there beside her. His oddly bright gaze took stock of her, seemingly inside and out, and she felt that smug pleasure radiating from him again.

"I am going to enjoy this and so are you, I think."

"Who....who are you?"

"You know very well who I am, my brother told you."

She drew in a sharp breath and had to bite back a moan when he touched her. It was like how her hand had felt when she touched his gem that first time, except it was all over now. The feeling was wonderful, it covered her mind in a pleasant haze and all she could focus on was his hands and his voice. The former continued to roam as he spoke.

"Bào Yǔ, 'Torrential Rain'. However you will simply call me 'Shen'. Is that quite understood?"

"Bào Yǔ..." She repeated, wanting to see how the name sounded on her own lips. Strange name. But she would not have long to dwell on the thought as his lips crashed into hers and he nipped her lower lip roughly as one hand dropped to her hip to pull her close. He certainly wasn't wasting time.

Shen. It was the only reminder she would receive.

She moaned into his mouth as his tongue darted into hers. Ekita felt his other hand travel down to her hip and she was nudged backwards into a carefully controlled descent to the ground. It was easy to see where this was going, but she found herself not wanting to stop. It had been far too long and everything that he did brought out pleasant noises, some even left her trembling. "Shen...!"

Mine.

The storm had passed its crescendo, but the two of them still lay entwined and he was peppering kisses across her cleavage where his gem rested in her flesh. "You really do have fantastic tits." Not a feature he wanted to keep, but certainly one he could amply appreciate. He pressed one more kiss to the crest of her cleavage before his gaze turned up to regard her. "It is almost a shame you will die." There was no fear in her silver eyes as she looked up at him, none at all. "You are at peace with this, then?"

When his red haired beauty simply nodded Shen leaned down and kissed her, rough and demanding. He would just have to enjoy this while he could- when he took over she as her own being would be gone. The thunder rumbled loudly overhead again, a reflection of it's master's pleasure.

Her weight was resting on her forearms as she looked down at him. Those intense aqua eyes looked up at her with a mix of puzzlement and restrained fury; he was not quite sure just how she had gotten into the dominant position and did not seem too happy about it. She gave him a cheeky smile and he returned it with a warning growl. This was not something he would tolerate for long. "Why was your gem broken?"

The last word had barely had a chance to pass her lips before she was flipped over and pinned beneath him, with her hands held above her head.

"Failure. Something that can not and will not be repeated again." This was literally his last chance. So many poor choices before and he had paid for them all with little bits of self being eroded away. But this woman, this beautiful creature- so feisty and full of fire would fix all that. His hands began their dance over her body again. "You will make me whole as no other can."

"What do-" you mean? The words were cut off by another kiss, it was all passion missing the roughness of his earlier kisses. Perhaps she had reached the eye of the storm.

But like the eye of the storm it did not last forever, they rode out passion and fury together until he was sated and she was all but exhausted. His head rested against her shoulder, the tip of a horn brushed against the skin of her neck and she sighed. To which she felt his head tilt up and his lips brush against her neck.

"I should return you, so you can eat and sleep." He very much loathed to do so, but she needed food and rest. The first of which had been neglected in favor of his gem, which in this case he could not truly complain. She was his now at least so she would not, could not, slip away. Shen gave her one more kiss before letting her drift again, returning her to the waking world.  

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:38 pm
The Lightning Strike
Ekita wakes up and Xun Jiang is still there, waiting.
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:53 pm
Finding Treasure
Graff heads out of town to scavenge and finds something he did not expect.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:19 pm
Shenlei Zhen
Words: 567
Not counting old RP bits from here.

申雷 真...the true god of thunder. That was who he was at his core, no matter what name he gave others. So much had been chipped away over time, both literally and figuratively- the stone that held his essence had cracked and sheared away in pieces, taking bits of himself with it. In some ways it was disconcerting and others it was liberating. He was free to be more raw and primal- to run purely on instinct alone like a newly hatched whelp. But he could not afford to fail again, this was his last chance. One more failure and his master would probably crush the remains of his gem Himself and scatter what was left into all that is. And failing Him was Shen's greatest fear.

The only part that enraged him in all of this process is that he had been enfleshed once and something had simply undone him. His mana had lost its hold on the flesh of the first host and then the string of bad choices began. Shen snarled and paced inside his host's consciousness, while she for her part ignored him. Ekita was busy fiddling with some metal contraption she had gotten and wanted to make it work again. Part of him simply wanted to snatch her whole and be done with it here and now, but the more reasonable part said to wait that now wasn't the time to do so. After last time it seemed wiser to listen to the more patient part off himself. Though said patience would not last forever- water was always in a hurry after all.

A few memories stirred, probably thanks to his frustration, and fell upon him like the first drops of rain...

"But...I trust my other half...the influences and changes brought on by the hosts will be for the better in all of you. "
He stood again, smoothing the chain links at his waist. "And all of you it will be. The last is found a home, Shen. To imagine the pieces tha fell apart
so agonizingly would fit in place again so quickly and smoothly. "

Not so quickly as you had hoped then, my Lord. So many brothers failed, more than once in some cases.

It would have been weird to sit there. He leaned over it and looked at Destruction curiously, peering at the skin, the hair, the eyes.
Shenlei leaned a little forward, inhaling the scent that Harmodius gave off. "Your smell makes me feel at home."

From what little he understood Destruction no longer ruled, which seemed almost a shame; far better than his Lord being dead though, that much was for certain. All that was would have been pulled down with him. Creation and life would beget destruction and death again eventually, if he was patient. And in the meantime he would serve as he always had, once he was able to do so properly again.

"Remember for me our efforts, squalls that rose the seas to the heavens, broke earth to pieces and drowned nations...
storms of our dual making, for I am not all fire any more then any of us are Thought alone. "

Oh to truly remember those things...it would be glorious. Alas most of it escaped the clutch of his claws as soon as it surfaced. Like too brilliant a lightning strike, there and gone in an instant.

"Rain...show yourself to me.."

If only...my Lord, if only.

Destruction lifted his cooled, lightening charge fingers to his dragons cheek, stroking up it and over the fair temple into the damp hair.
He grasped one of the larger, spiraled horns, cupping his fingers around it suggestively as he curled his hand around it to the end near Shen's jaw.
"Everything we are is dreams." He grasped the horn firmly and bent the dragon's head back with no room for resistence, the musclular structure
beneath his skin and lava working and flexing.

The memory- the sensation of it -was so surprisingly vivid it made him shudder to think of it. His host paused momentarily in her work, but chose to say nothing. Which was probably the wisest course at this point. That instant had been so full of temptation, but he had never been one to surrender control. For Him he had come close, but never fully submitted. Destruction had left him in that moment full of temptation and promise, when he had asked Him to watch his claws. Shen grumbled in frustration over the sheer irony of it.

"Your dragons are left with little guidance...but they will return to you.
One by one they will come back. Mang is already well on his way, I've seen to this.
And as for myself, I will never leave you whichever you choose, Creation, Destruction,
or any combination of the two."

He would indeed never leave, unless it was his Lord's will that he die and cease to be. Best to leave these things where they lay though, so to speak, until (or if ever) they needed to be addressed again. Memories were past, not scripture, they could be made new surely as life could be fashioned anew.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:47 pm
Ride the Lightning
Fixed the motorcycle- now time for a ride.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:39 pm
Rain of Ink

Mother ********> Ekita was snarling through gritted teeth as her blunt nails dug into the leather of artist's table. She was beyond furious and confused as hell as to why she had actually agreed to this. It was painful and highly unnecessary as far as she was concerned. Though it was pretty much impossible to get up when someone was repeatedly jabbing a needle into your back and had been doing so for hours now! The worst of it was there was probably still more than half to go. She could not tell for sure, it was a little impossible to see from this angle.

I most certainly am not. Shen snorted- this was an all temper, no humor day it seemed. Plus he was blatantly ignoring the red head's discomfort. And I think this is necessary. And he knew best for his host, no matter what she might think on the subject. You are mine, pet. Never forget that. It would seem to Ekita that he was pacing along her back behind the artist's path, tail lashing back and forth, the tips of his claws piercing flesh not unlike the needle- lucky for her they would not draw blood.

You would just rip your claws into me if you could. It most certainly wasn't a question, though she would get an answer anyway in the form of claws raking across the opposite shoulder from where the dragon tattoo's head rested. She shivered, dug her nails in tighter and hooked her feet beneath the back edge of the table. The smack the tattoo artist gave her on the a** when she moved made the dragon growl, low and rumbling like thunder, and she smirked against the pad where her head rested.

How dare he touch what belongs to me. The invisible claws dug into phantom wounds and his tail lashed back and forth dangerously.

That is all this is about...someone touching me. He may be lodged in her head and her cleavage, but he did not own her...not yet. Not until the day he killed her.

Thoughts of a certain blonde haired young man crashed into her consciousness, like lightning hitting ground.

His back claws kneaded into freshly tattooed skin and she had to bite her lip to keep from screaming, though some small part of her mind wanted to laugh at the absurdity of it. Graff? All this is seriously over him? She might have covered her face with her hands, if she had any willingness left to let go of the table. At this point she probably would have drawn blood from her own palms.

I would not want you marring yourself.

BECAUSE YOU AREN'T RIGHT NOW?! Sometimes she forgot that what he did was only in her head, the pain seemed convincing enough. But there had never been any gaping wounds or blood when he scratched or bit her. His tail slowed and she felt the tip of it brush along a less tender part of her spine. She found herself having to chew on her lip again, but for a much different reason.

There, there now. He nosed against her shoulder here he had clawed at it, coaxing the phantom wounds to close. Storm was not his brother, but she still felt the kiss of rain as he lapped at her skin, soothing the hurt he had caused. You really should remember the line between fantasy and reality...though sometimes I am grateful that you don't.

She squeaked at the less than playful n** at her ear. I bet you are, cleavage dragon, I bet you are.

She did not seem pleased at all by his amused rumbling, which suited him just fine. It seems he is around your tailbone now.

Yes, I can feel that. Thank you for the report.

He better not touch you again. At least any time he did not have to, to see the work through to completion.

It's kind of hard to help other people touching me, or me touching other people you know.

You know what I mean, pet. He wasn't going to fall for that bait.

Unnecessary touching. She sighed internally. I would hardly call anytime Graff has touched me unnecessary.

Given the fact that you might be attracted to him. I would call all of it unneccessary.

The completely distasteful tone Shen used for 'attracted' had her rolling her eyes. He made it sound like it was some kind of a disease! If it was truly a disease it was one the dragon himself most certainly had- he was attracted to her, physically at least. Not that he would admit to such a lowly thing of course. Graff is cute, yes, but he's also clueless - and harmless. He probably would not know what to do with her if she jumped him practically naked anyway. The amount of growling that mental image alone aroused from Shen made her laugh aloud, much the confusion of the tattoo artist. He probably thought she had gone delirious from the pain! (Which she was certainly hoping would happen soon- it would be terribly convenient at this point.)

Oh, I will keep you awake.

Somehow, I don't doubt that...if only just to spite me. He was down to behind from what she could tell- her legs were beginning to fall asleep from laying there in one position for so long. At least overall this would not take as much time as it would with other techniques, once the outline was drawn the color would begin to bleed itself in until it reached the other outlines. It was some form of magic no doubt, but it seemed to work nicely from what he had shown her in the begining and that was what mattered- she had no real want to understand such things.

Without a word he padded his way down her back, deliberately gently scrapping his claws over her behind and down part of her thigh as he moved. His tail brushed along sensitive spots with particular purposes in mind- both to keep her awake and for her to have to focus on keeping still. The fact that she was now growling at him instead of the other way around had him rumbling with laughter.

Jackass.

You know you love me anyway.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:05 pm
Brothers
Shen Lung and Chien Tang shoehorn their way into going to Azeroth.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:57 am
Rush Order
Before Ekita and Shen Lung go anywhere some sort of armor is probably a good idea.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:43 pm
March Out
Leaving for Azeroth.
Words: 535  

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:00 pm
Into the Marsh
To Zangarmarsh.