[PD] Big City Lights (Mariette & Switch) -- [ FIN ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:09 am
Oh yes they should go to the market! What a wonderful idea. They could go and get a nice snack and Mariette could learn what a leek is. It would be a great thing to do so that she would not offend Switch's family, "I would be very glad to go see a leek at the market with you Switch."

She gave a soft hissing giggle at the question of her trainer, "Oh no I don't have a trainer. Carwyn just gives me a place to stay. He says it is not good for a 'sweet thing' like myself to out on my own. So he lets me stay at his home and I help work at one of his clubs. You...you should come by next time your in town Switch. It is call Catch 'Em All." It would be so wonderful to see Switch at the club. They could sit and have a snack and watch other dance or skate. She had no idea that the farfetch'd had though of stealing her away, if she had her little face would have been so flushed that it might have even displayed on her real one. Instead she turned to watch Switch with the jacket. She giggled again, "Carwyn wears clothes you put your head threw the two large wholes and your wings threw the two small ones." she said softly hoping to help the other Pokemon with the jacket. It would make the farfetch'd look so cool she was sure of it.

The little spinarak gave a gentle bob of her head, "Oh yes I am sure it is much easer with lips. A kiss from me is a bit more of a pinch. I have to be careful not to bite or hurt someone if I try to kiss them." She sighed it would be nice to have lips and be able to give a soft gentle kiss to someone she cared for. Swtich's beak might not be able to pucker or move like a pair of lips but the soft press of it was much more kiss like than the pinch of a pair of mandibles. Thankfully before she could get down Switch mentioned preening. "What is preening? I don't know this word. But if it is how you show affection with your family. I...I would very much like to learn...before I meet your family." She said her face displaying a subtle blushing face. "Yes we should get more practice and become great kissers one day." Her face switched to a smiling one as she laughed softly. Who would have thought that the mistletoe that Carwyn placed on her to make her less shy would have worked so well. Here she was talking almost normally with a complete stranger. She felt so safe and happy with they flying type near even if the Farfetch'd could do her some major damage. She wondered what Carwyn would say.

Mariette smiled as she scuttled over to the small feather, being careful not to get her legs caught on anything not wanting to get stuck or to damage the costumes. "Do you think so? I think it would look very nice and then I can always think of the nicely dressed Switch when I feel lonely." She giggled and carefully picked up the metal feather, unaware that on the back of the little feather there was a star marking surely just a insignia of the person who made it. She felt a strange warmth fill her as she picked up the feather but she was not sure if it was from the feather or the thought of having someone like Switch always near by. She was so very cool and easy to get along with. She hoped that this friendship would be one that would last a long long time. As she crawled out of the box and started to carry the metal feather back towards her little wagon she felt strangely tired. Maybe she had used up too much energy in the excitement of meeting a new friend. She didn't want to seem childish and tell the other that she might need a nap. After all she was not exactly a child. But she was feeling rather sleepy now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:45 am

"Okay! It would have to be during market hours though, I suppose. The human I know would understand those sorts of things," she added thoughtfully. Listening to Mariette describe him, Switch decided that this Carwyn human must be like Rocío. Theo had never caught Switch, had never made any demands. She had always simply been her friend. "I think I understand. Carwyn is your friend. Theo is like that, too. She's the reason I came to this place." And that injured little girl was the reason Switch had been so upset earlier. It was never far from her mind, was it?

Switch tried putting the jacket on. She was very fortunate that most of it was fastened already. All she needed to do was to wiggle her way inside, and because her wings were often used like arms with hands, she soon learned how to pass them through the sleeves. She had never moved her wings like this before, but once the jacket was in place, the sleeves felt more natural.
"Ahh!" She showed off the look pridefully. She picked up her stick and twirled it around before holding it aloft: "Bait and Switch at your service Milady Mariette!" She bowed, swept along by the fun she was having. "Your kiss is no such pinch."

When she straightened, she was thinking of how best to explain preening. In the meantime Mariette had moved over to the box where the jacket had been found. "Well, it's something birds do all the time. Very bluntly, it is how we straighten all our feathers. But it's not just that. It's..." Frowning, she pondered. Then an image came to mind, of Theo petting the houndoom, Watch. "When a bird preens another bird, it's like when a human strokes a pet's fur." Then she demonstrated how a bird would do it, holding out her wing in the process. Then she stood next to Mariette (who was now inside the box) and crouched down low, in all intents and purposes nuzzling her. "It's kind of like that."

She grinned a broad ducky grin and peered inside the box. A nice hat had been uncovered that had similar adornments to the jacket. She knew what a hat was and placed it atop her crested head. "See what kind of image you'll have of me now," she chuckled. It was too bad she had nothing to remind her of Mariette like the feather had reminded the spinarak of Switch. But earlier she had found something she wanted Theo to see and now straightened up to go find it. The little gear-like ornament was actually a six-pointed star. She held it up to show to Mariette, but the spinarak had already returned to her wagon. Following after, she noticed that Mariette's movements were rather sluggish. "Mariette, are you all ri-iight?" Before she had finished the sentence, her beak slammed open with a huge, unfortunate yawn. Why was she suddenly so tired? Why did she feel so heavy, like each step back to the wagon was simply too much to manage? "I feel strange."

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:21 pm
Mariette bobbed her head, "Yes Carwyn is a friend. He treats me kind of like his own offspring. He is a good man I think..." She smiled lightly, "Oh then I am very grateful to Theo. And I would like to thank her for bringing you to this place. I am so glad to have met you!"

It had been hard for Mariette not to laugh as the farfetch'd tried to wriggle into the jacket. So the spinarak had focused on the task of looking around the box. She turned to look up at the dressed Pokemon and her face turning to a full on mega blushing on. "Mi..milady?" She giggled and looked down. Switch looked so handsome dressed in the jacket and so much more nobel, just like some knight out of a fairy tail. "I am honored to have the nobel Switch in my service." she stammered before falling back into a gentle fit of hissing giggles.

She listened to the attempt at the explanation of preening. "Straightening out one's feather is important I would think. Feathers are very special and important for birds after all." She shifted to look up at Switch as she demonstrated. It was rather amazing to see such a broad beak doing such delicate work. No wonder the farfetch'd was better at kissing. She thought nothing of the fact that Switch was crouching over her surely it was just to get into the box but then she felt the soft press of the beak against her smooth hard body and the soft action of a nuzzles as well as the motion of the beak as it would, if Mariette had feathers, smooth out feathers. She gave a cute shocked little sound as it happened her two front legs gently turning to hold onto Switch's face so she did not fall back and though the face on her back was nothing but blush lines she giggled and gently with her mandibles tried to mimic the action on Switch's head softly trying to smooth the larger feather's up there. "Preening is very nice. I like it." she said gently with a giggle as the other pulled away.

When asked about the hat Mariette gave a large bobble of her head, "Oh my Swtich is the spitting image of dashing! The charming hero of any story!" She wished she could try on clothes too and try to find something to match the military (nutcracker) outfit. They they really could play out some story. But no one had dresses or clothes for a spider like creature.

Mariette turned slowly at the question of her being alright. She watched Switch give a large yawn which she quickly returned with one of her own. "Me too...Switch...I think we should take a ahhh....nap" she said yawning just before the word nap. She sluggishly made her way over to Switch wanting so to nuzzle up into the warm soft feathers to sleep. "W...would you mind..if I just...snuggle up?" It was getting hard to get out the words now her body demanding her to sleep. She was so close to the warmer body of Switch but she did not make it before her legs gave out and she curled up on the cold ground.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:10 am

Switch wondered if she should introduce Mariette and Rocío. Knowing that Switch had made a friend would make her happy. She nodded, deciding. "Then I will introduce you to her. She is in town with another human, who's taking care of her."

Switch bowed deeply to the spinarak. All of Mariette's laughter brought out some in Switch as well. Wuh, wuh, wuh. "The jacket makes me feel formal. 'Milady' just slipped out."

On the subject of preening, the farfetch'd was pleased that Mariette understood. "Yes, it is very important." She couldn't explain the technical aspect of it now, such as that it not only straightened feathers but kept them well-oiled and waterproof. No, she was too absorbed in the adorable way Mariette reacted to it. Apparently she had either not expected, or simply not realized how it would feel. Switch was chuckling, even when Mariette grabbed hold of her face and she thought she would fall inside the box. But then it should come as no surprise when Mariette decided to try it out too. It pinched a little, but tickled instead of causing any pain. Switch shivered in response, feathers fluffing up all over her body. But because of the jacket, only a ruff around her neck and along her crest were actually visible. She giggled as she tried to smooth them back down again. "It is nice, isn't it? You did a good job your first time!"

It was too bad they were both so sleepy. Switch never once connected the metal trinkets with their lack of energy. Perhaps it was just too much excitement, or perhaps their laughter had made them both light-headed. Dimly she did notice that her yawn lead to one in Mariette, and it left her grinning. She didn't even mind all that much that they were out in the open. There could be danger, but if Mariette had come alone then it must be safe, right? She yawned again and sat down.

"A nap sounds nice. We can lean here against the box," she added and sat down while Mariette came back toward her. Then she opened her wings just like any human wanting a hug might. Mariette didn't get that far however, and Switch tried desperately to scoop her up, though she was only able to drag her a little bit closer. No matter how she struggled, she too succumbed to that unnatural but strangely comforting asleep, her wings sprawled protectively over the little spinarak's back.

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:21 am
Mariette did not want to fall asleep. She wanted to lear more of preening and leeks and her new flying type friend. She could not reach her near feathered friend but as soon as she was about to loose all sense of what was around her and fall into sleep she felt a strange softness that feel over her back it brought a small attempt at a smile to the red mandibles and her back gave a sleepy smile before fading into a sleeping face. She tried to nuzzle into the wing but lacked the energy and fell into one of the deepest and best sleeps of her young life.  
Old and Finished RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff