Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Homeward Bound (Ami + Lex) [FIN] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 pm
Lex grinned at her trepidation with the whole matter and grabbed the second chair in her room, scooting it to the table to make a place for himself. Odd, how someone who seemed so reluctant to have company would have two chairs in their room. He paid the detail no more mind as he unwrapped his cupcake, vanilla, slowly. They weren't much, just a few sprinkles and some frosting, but they were delicious.

"So, birthday girl, what were you going to go shopping for?" He asked nonchalantly, still not touching his cupcake. He would eat it when she started eating hers. "Though, more importantly, where? France, London, Florence, Tokyo, New York, San Francisco..." A slight sigh as he closed his eyes, just imagining all the places. "The fashion capitols of the world, all at our fingertips..."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:12 pm
She didn't like the name birthday girl. It was too close, too endearing. She scowled as she sipped her soup, realizing she'd given info about herself without meaning to. Now Lex knew her birthday. FFFFFFFFfffff-

A dark look came over her face as Lex listed New York and she said, "I'm afraid New York is ... off limits. I miss alley shops." No where had shopping like New York City, not for Ami. Like she'd said though, they'd never let her go. Too risky.

"Paris," she said abruptly, trying to change the subject as she swallowed another bit of the soup. She had to admit that Lex was a good cook- not that she'd say that out loud. She looked down, somewhat embarrassed at her quick response and added, "French fashion has always suited me best." She smiled lightly and added, "You'd look good in Italian- I'm too fair for it."

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm
Mm, that was too bad about New York; Lex had always thought of going there. He probably still would, but it just kind of stunk for Ami, seeing as how she had spent a good deal of time in the city. She'd never told him that, but her speech gave her away - it wasn't a very bold accent, but it was there.

He'd make sure not to mention it again.

Ah, Paris. He smiled at that, opening his eyes and leaning forward. "Mmmm, yes. I can see you being a Parisian." He smiled, thinking of the few French girls that had passed through his clubs. All very fair, and with impeccable taste in clothing.

Not to mention the French girl on-island.

He laughed a bit at the Italian comment, shaking his head while grinning. "Actually, I look great in Italian. Armani made my suits." His voice dropped a bit of happiness at that, though. He had to leave one of those suits behind - a crying shame, really.

"I think you could pull of the London look, though."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:07 pm
She was just about to take another sip of soup when Lex mentioned owning suits. That caused her to do a double take. "Armani?" Ami questioned, somewhat alarmed and somewhat in amazement."How much money did you have?!" It was no secret that fashion was expensive. Ami had always been relatively thrifty though- she never went for big name fashion designers. She was much more suited to little secret alleyway shops and hipster hangouts.

"Ah, I'm sorry," she added, "That was a tad rude." It wasn't polite to question one's income. Come to think of it though, it didn't matter on here at Deus. Everyone was paid the same s**t wages.

She swept her hand across the air, as though clearing it of the subject. "London clothes are too conventional. I look dumpy in them." A sip of her tea, that had been sitting on the desk earlier. This conversation was surprisingly docile.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:41 pm
Lex grinned at her question, amused by her shock. Yes, he shopped expensive - but he used to have the money to do so. Even if he disliked his mother, she paid him an exquisite salary. Then there were the tips that'd he'd earn when he had bar duty. Suffice it to say, Lex used to be wealthy.

He waved off the 'impoliteness', shaking his head. She'd figure it out - she was good at figuring things out. A slight shrug, and Lex carried on the conversation. "Mmm, I'm not too sure about 'dumpy.' Have you tried any mod fashions?"

He didn't expect her to have, of course. She seemed vintage, but not rocker vintage. Just a way to keep conversation going between them. "I imagine you shy away from Tokyo fashion trends?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:24 pm
She finished the soup, leaning back in her chair and pull her legs up, wrapping her arms around her legs. There was an entire plate of cupcakes in front of her, but she wasn't hungry. Honestly she never ate much these days. She'd save the cupcakes for later.

"Ahh no. I'm ... the 50s were far more felicitous for me than the 60s," she stuttered, pulling her jacket down as she realized it was slipping. At least she was in shorts- it didn't feel like anything was showing when she was in shorts. Much different from skirts.

She shook her head. "Their street fashion certainly, but Tokyo has some cute clothing. You just have to stay away from the ... what was it that Wilson called it ... lolita?" She shuddered a little. "Allan has said I should wear it, and that's reason enough to stay away from it, whatever it is." She pulled her tea cup to her lips, sipping quietly.

Somehow ... it was kind of nice just talking about fashion. The normalcy of the conversation was strangely soothing. Maybe it was because lately all they'd talked about was insanity and death. It wore on a person.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:54 pm
Yes, Lex thought, the 50's certainly fit Ami more than anything he'd seen. He was sure if she wanted to she could put on a 40's era outfit and make it work, but the 50's were her definite area.

Odd, how examining someone's fashion taste could bring one to have a civil conversation with the other. No fighting, bickering, or witty comments. Ami was being civil, not making him out to be someone awful.

Maybe they could actually be friends? Well, as close to friends as Lex got, really. Friendly acquaintance was how he always put it in his mind - friendships were a bit too much. There was a level of commitment even in a friendship; acquaintances required no commitment.

The Japanese terminology flew right over Lex's head, never even having heard of 'Lolita.' But, if the Sun lead suggested it...yeah, probably a no.

"I'd personally love to get to Peru and buy some sort of Alpaca wool coat, or something along those lines. Never know when we'll get dispatched somewhere freezing."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:31 am
"Don't," Ami said abruptly, comically serious expression on her face. "The wool you get from peru itches something terribly, and I heard from a sun hunter that they sometimes carry fleas." She whispered the last part, her face clearly showing the disgust she felt at the mere IDEA that her clothing might have fleas.

She realized it was rather bossy and added, "Though ... it is just a rumor. You are free to buy wool from any alpaca in the land." A smile crossed her lips, clearly hinting that she was simply joking. She placed her spoon in the empty bowl that sat in front of her. "I'll wash these tomorrow," she said, gesturing openly to her room that lacked a sink.

Standing up, she pushed her chair into her desk, returning to the comfortable clutch of pillows she'd created for herself. "Do ... do you like reading?" she asked. The book he'd brought with him hadn't slipped her notice. Nothing slipped her notice.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:22 pm
Lex looked a bit surprised at her outburst, but still smiled. Ah, fleas was definitely a big no. Maybe he'd just go to Moscow and get a fur lined coat, then.Moscow would be fun, he supposed.

When she told him she would take care of the dishes, he refused. "No, I'll get them, it's fine." A small smile went with his slightly more serious tone. He messed the dishes up, he would clean them. "No reason for you to be doing your birthday dishes. That's ridiculous."

A chuckle at her question. He...didn't read a lot before the island. He'd read some magazines, mostly Men's Health, and a few crime mysteries. He spent most of the daylight hours either spending time with his acquaintances or managing the current club's finances and trying to keep his mother out of the hole.

"I've gotten more into it since I came to Deus; it shuts Squawker up." He pointed to his head, indicating that he was talking about his partner, "We both like fantasies, so it works out pretty well." He didn't have to ask the same question, one of their previous encounters had taught him just how much she love reading.

His face throbbed a little at the thought.

"Any reason you're asking?" An easy smile, as he turned to face her, finally giving in and taking a bite of cupcake. God, not to toot his own horn, but it was good.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:39 pm
Ami didn't understand why Lex was putting so much emphasis on her birthday. Cleaning her dishes because it was her birthday. Doing this because it was her birthday. This that- all over a day. She frowned slightly, pulling her blankets closer, feeling insecure and invaded all of a sudden.

"I just ... noticed you brought a book." Ami was more observant than she led on. Small details didn't escape her notice. "I haven't read the Hobbit in some time ..." She looked down shyly, glancing to a spot next to her on the bed.

There was something strangely comfortable about Lex. It was probably how much he reminded her of Adam. She pushed it aside. "Since it's my birthday, read to me?" She put her head in hands. "That's so childish and weird, I'm sorry."

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:35 pm
If Lex could hear Ami's musings, he'd give her a very simplistic answer in the form of a shrug and tell her that birthdays are supposed to be special. Birthdays were when his own small part of the world stopped and catered to him for a day, and it should be the same for others.

He noticed the shy look towards the spot next to her on the bed, and allowed a private little smile to pass his lips. Why yes, he would sit next to her. Why not? She obviously wanted him to, and it was her birthday.

He nodded towards her bed, asking "May I?" as he pulled out the book, flipping to the first page. He hadn't read the book in a long while either, since High school actually. He smiled again, shaking his head. "No, it's not that childish, though a little weird maybe. What's normal in this place, though?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:42 pm
To his question, Ami moved some of her pillows aside, creating a little spot for Lex. It was a foot away from where she was, but it was on the bed nonetheless. She thought it rather nice of him to even ask in the first place.

"Just start," she said irritably. She didn't want to be told she was weird, even though she was the one who had brought the idea up in the first place. "Or I will kick you out of my room, and then what should I do? I'll never know how the rest of the story went, and you will have done a cruel, cruel thing."

An impish smile crossed her face, clearly pleased with her own joke, even if Lex wasn't. It had been a long time since she'd used wit on anyone. Most were too dumbwitted to catch on here at Deus. See: Madeline.

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:28 am
When Ami became an irate that transitioned to witty, Lex had so give her a genuine, heart felt chuckle. That was actually very well played, and incredibly tactful. He smiled, shaking his head as the laugh ended. "Well, my dear, you'd just have to make your own ending then. Perhaps even fantasize about it."

He sat down in his designated place, crossing his legs as he held the book at arm's length, and cleared his throat. He was a smooth and fast talker, yes, but story time wasn't something he was entirely accustomed to.

No time like the present to learn, right.

"Chapter I: AN UNEXPECTED PARTY

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort."

A pause as he looked at Ami, snorting.

This story was about a midget, he remembered now. Well, a Hobbit - but they were probably about as tall as the girl.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:41 am
Ami's face fell as he called her "dear," the lilt of his voice feeling too comfortable. Yet he wasn't the one she remembered, so she decided not to put emphasis on it.

He began the tale she knew so well. His voice wasn't even, he lacked the careful reader's emphasis and tonality, but somehow Ami didn't mind. His voice was pleasant- that was the way she would have put it. Yet something about it was comfortable and familiar, too.

Suddenly he paused, looked at her and snorted, which caused Ami to quirk an eyebrow. Was there some joke she was missing about the quality of dirt? "What? What is it?"

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:13 am
Lex shook his head, smile remaining. "It's nothing, I just found your rapt attention rather amusing." A half truth - the way she seemed to be so into the few short lines was rather...endearing? Like when you read a story to a toddler at the library because your father said it was good community service, and the child was smiling brightly at you and clinging on to every single word. Ami was sort of like that, but older and with less bright eyes.

So nothing like that analogy at all. He came back from that three second musing session, snorting at himself. "Ah, sorry. Lost in thoughts." A full truth this time.

"Shall I keep going?"

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces