Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Gays must like everything gay and know everyone gay! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lightsalott

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:41 pm
I swear this only applies to me whenever it comes to music! I tend to find the music I'm extremely into also appeals to many in the gay community I know. It's odd how I don't actually find this music through them, but it always seems to be the gays favorite. I suppose it could do with marketing, but I havent looked into it too much.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:54 pm
Well despite it being true for me, it is sort of annoying. But that's what I get for avidly following Perez Hilton and Unicornbooty.com.  

Jisatsu_no_Tenshi

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Mosher117

Generous Receiver

7,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:50 pm
I usually respond with this.
Oh, you're straight aren't you? Please tell me how Justin Bieber MUST be your favourite musician.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:48 pm
"Oh, Igtenos, you're gay? You must love watching RuPaul's Drag Race!" // "... ... ... Oh, sorry, I haven't seen this episode of The Ultimate Fighter yet. Please excuse me."  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Darkest Hollow

Lonely Rogue

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:13 pm
If it was that easy I'd have a boyfriend by now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:34 am
I tend to like whatever the hell I want, and I'm very selective of the people I choose to call "friends". From what I have seen, the gay parade is too excessive in my opinion. I do not enjoy trashy techno music. I'd rather be listening to punk rock than any show tunes. However, I do like dressing nicely, and going to musicals occasionally. You don't have to follow some sort of code to like who you like.  

Goats Eat Dandelions

Bashful Dabbler

8,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Song of the Century

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:38 am
None of it annoys me as much as the "omg you should be my gay best friend because gays are awesome" thing. I have been asked by someone "will you be my gay best friend?" and they were very upset when I said no. I'm just an average guy... I may not like sports much, but I like movies, video games, and music, I dress in a t-shirt and shorts, I hate shopping, I enjoy cooking... I'll check out guys (and girls) with you, but I think that's about all I fit for the "gay best friend" idea.

And for being trans it's all "Hey I know this other trans person and/or celebrity yay trans people!" I don't care about your trans friends? Unless they're hot, need like-minded support, or we would get along due to similar interests/personalities, I don't really care.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:28 pm
I fall under some stereotypes. Lady Gaga and Adam Lambert are two of my favourite singers. Yes, both of them stand for Gay Rights, but I love them because they're good at what they do.
I also love musicals and theatre, but I love to perform.

I hate shopping. Walking around for hours with sore feet, whilst people try on clothes all the time. I'd rather go for a nice meal or just hang out with my friends.

When one of my friends introduces me to new people, the first thing she ever says is "he's gay". On occasion, someone has said: "BE MY GAY BEST FRIEND OMG." Sorry, no. I already have best friends. They didn't just become my best friends overnight, they earned it. If you can show me how good of a person you are and that you're a liable friend, then I'll be your friend, by all means. My sexuality shouldn't be a reason to be friends with someone. Just because I like guys, too, doesn't make us compatible as friends.

I'm a nerd. I love to read, draw and play games. I love nature, I'm a performer.

And I do go to gay pride in the city I'm from. I go because I enjoy it and it's just fun.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Alice Allusion

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:21 pm
I haven't had that happen to me but I'm not a big fan of people like that either.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff