Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [PUB] Umande'mfuni
[ORP] Pain and Conflict - Kiuma and Tanaka arrive Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:29 pm
She gives a slow nod, before attemting to pull herself out of the water, only suceeding after a few tries. The cold water didn't seem to bother her, sense she was used to swimming around the lake, wich was pretty much as cold. "Kimaji is fine.. " She stammers, shaking her fur to try and get dry. "But why do you look like Uumikaji? Because Uumikaji is not you. " She affirms, before noticing the other cub talk, and looking over to him. She'd managed to catch his name but.. How could you say it? Sitting down, she lookes to the other cub, wich was probably a tad younger than her. "Can Kimaji just call you Suli? " She didn't like big names, that she repeatedly tripped on while trying to say. Kisulisuli.. So many.. u's and so many i's, and l's and s's.

Hearing a bit of sound, she looks in the direction. "Swaii? Did Swaii come find? " But this didn't seem like Swaii, he'd probably be jumping out to scold her or something. Or maybe even think these guys were trying to hurt her and.. roar or something. Swaii mad was scary, so in an odd way, she hoped it wasen't him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:33 pm
The footfalls fell heavy from Taruma, her curiosity aroused, her senses tingling. Barely were the others in sight before she was calling out greetings, though none held the slightests familiarity.
To each in turn she passed a hello, accented with a cheerful grin, before her chirpy introduction was cut short by her brother.

"Taruma," he hissed, "have some sense, girl!"
A reasonable distance was paced out, and with uneasy eyes the lion looked over the gathering. Two cubs, safe enough. A red lion... a memory peeped at his mind of tales unsavoury, but refused to form fully.
And then, rising to his notice, a deity. Strangely, on this figure the male looked with most suspicion. The gods toyede with them, held them as playthings, and he was no puppet for another to hold by the strings.

Naita

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:44 pm
*With a soft smirk upon his dark maw the larger male stood, leaning over Athiri as they stood, gazing out and into the new land before them. The sky seemed to set softly along the dulled sun that laced the clouds. It was almost misty within the Mist lands, so much different from what he was use to. The heat had taken its toll upon him along ago. With a deep sigh the Firekin looked over his muse, before speaking.*

"Now is the hard part. To make sure they take you. I am sure they will, but knowing the relationship with this Pride and my bloodline.. I do not know if they will be as kind to me-- we shall see."

*Akamu spoke lightly, his head moving lower as he started to walk ahead of her, as if to make sure it was safe to move. One could never be too sure. His tail swayed from side to side as his massive paws played along the ground roughly.*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:59 pm
Sadness and frustration swirled with one another and linked arms; together they dripped heavily from Akamu's words. Athiri's ears began a downwards bend, almost as if she did not want to hear him speak in that manner. She did not want him to feel discouraged, although deep within her she knew that there was not much she could do to avoid that. It was not her decision, but it was all set on the shoulders of the other Mistweavers.

"I have heard that they are a kind and wise pride." A slow and hopeful nod was given, as a smile curled upon her maw. Her pace was set directly behind his now, and even though he couldn't see her gestures, she made them anyway. She thudded her tail along the ground, letting dust accumulate along the white and yellow tip as faint clouds formed around the area of impact. Each one was given to the beat of her heart, which slowed along with their pace. "I hope that trouble is not given just because the color of your pelt, or the history of your background. Especially when you never participating in anything malicious." These words were spoken in a matter-of-fact way, although she really had never inquired to see what his past included. Either way, his heart was pure, and she would contest to that with her last breath.

The pair continued, and she flared her nostrils yet again. But this time it was to catch the scent of the other creatures which were located within their vicinity. She noticed them a while ago, but now she could tell they were getting closer. Perhaps these were the ones they had been searching for? Akamu lead in that direction, and she followed even closer. Soon they would peer upon the others gathered around a watering area ... There was a creature that she had never seen before, and this sight made her pause for a moment in slight confusion.  

Allure

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:00 pm
User ImageSuli? That was a new one. For short his mother normally called him "Kisu", but Suli didn't sound all that bad. It might be fun to have more tha one nickname. Another cub- how weird... he wanted to talk to her but there were older lions about, and more approaching. Half of him wanted to stay there and prove that he was brave... the other half wanted to run and get help. His uncle said he was in charge of the place- maybe he could help.

"Red lions are bad." He said sharply, his nose wrinkling a bit, "They did bad things before..." He remembered the horrid tales that he had heard from his mother and father alike. There was that one lion everyone was looking for- but they said he was pink.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Oh my... Barely into the lands, and already they were drawing a crowd. Would it always be like this?

"You're just a cub... who cares who your parents are? Compared to me, you're nothing more than a bug I could squish with one paw." She growled at Kisuliuli. "You should have some respect for lions older than you. Your parents, whoever they are, certainly didn't teach you manners." Of course, she overlooked the fact that at one time, she'd used her own parentage to push around rogues that had entered the Pridelands, claiming she was a 'protector' of it.

At the words of the little female, Kimaji, her ears fell back and she rose with a fluid ripple of muscle to tower over her. "How do you know my brother, you little ball of fluff?" It baffled her. This was a cub, of all things. How in the world did it get to meet her brother? He was notorious for being asocial, and as far as she knew, he never made friends. Uumi was just as sadistic as she was...

The arrival of three adult lions did much to distract her, and for maybe the second time in her life, Kiuma felt the bite of fear. They were quite a bit bigger than she was... and this time, she didn't have Uumi to protect and make her strong. Damn him.

The crimson body tensed and a long tail ending in ebony lashed the air behind it. When she'd come to these lands, she'd wanted to meet the Mistweavers. Now, she wondered if maybe that hadn't been such a good idea. The only comfort she had was the large, solid presence of Tanaka as she took a few careful steps back to his side. Known for only a few days, she was already finding herself comforted by being with him. Strange times made for strange bed fellows, she guessed.

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:21 pm
Tanaka was growing aggitated and the flick of his tail showed it. It wasn't that he was frightened, he sensed not ill intents or malice from the other lions and even if he had, he had faced down other gods before, mortals certainlly weren't going to shake him. But Tanaka was starting to feel crowded, and with each new arrival he felt their eyes fall on him. That was a feeling he did not like, not in the least.

His gaze first fell on the lioness who had shouted her greeting and then to the lion beside her. Tanaka's green eye narrowed, he could see the suspicion in his eyes, he could smell it on him. The corner of the white lion's mouth twitched in a faint sneer, he didn't like that look.

He had no time to react further before his attention was again shifted, ears twitching this time toward the approaching couple, the dark lioness and her dark mate. Now what?

But it was the male cub who captured his attention now and his head snapped back to glare at him with a menacing snarl.

"I'd choose my words much more carefully if I were you, boy."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:30 pm
User ImageKisu jumped, lowering himself quickly into the short grass by the water, his paws coming up to cover his head at the snarl. "I'm sorry...", he said quietly, "I... I just heard bad things... They hurt us before- that's what auntie says..."

He'd only heard stories, the pride loved to hear them. There were quite a few lions in the pride that had rubbed shoulders with rouges and lions from other prides- gained info on them, travelers. It was all interesting but much of it was a warning. Outsiders were dangerous, very much so.

"I ... I didn't mean nothin' bad... I just wanted to say- you're not here to... kill us are you?"

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:47 pm
Expression softening, the white lion relaxed a bit. In reality he wouldn't have harmed the cub, but he had been unable to ignore the comment and in his aggitation he had snapped.

"Don't worry about it kid, just think before you speak next time, alright?"

His tail flicked, green eye focused on the white and brown cub for the moment. He raised a brow at his question and snorted.

"Don't you think that if that were our purpose we would have already done so? We are not here to harm you or your pride."

He shifted his position slightly, placing his larger form between Kiuma and the other lions. Did he feel the need to protect her, to reassure her?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kiuma snorted rather in-elegantly, her lashing tail a measure of her upset. "Not all red lions are bad, just as not all golden lions are good. Keep that in mind, fur ball. It'll help you make it to adult hood fully intact. Don't trust anyone to be what you think they are."

As Tanaka moved before her, the adolescent shifted to stand at his shoulder. It wasn't a conscious effort on her part, meerly a wish to not have him between her and possible enemies. It wasn't in her nature to be protected. All her life, she was the protector. It never crossed her mind to just sit back and let the gold and white lion chamipion her.

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:05 pm
User ImageHis ears perked upwards at this, "There... are golden lions?" It was possible now that he thought on it, but he'd never seen them. His mother was silver, it was possible, "Then... you're not one of the fire ones? That's what I thought... the new ones here say that they're bad. Mama told me." He nodded, shifting on his paws a bit. Perhaps he really should watch what he said more- it was possible for a red lion not to be a fire one.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:07 pm
*Akamu stopped, his black tipped paws played back slightly as he moved to stand before Athiri, as if to cover her. He narrowed his envy colored eyes and let a sight motion of protectiveness take over. The scents of other's filled the air, they must have been close? Maybe not the pride all in all, but with assuming that even a few Mists saw that they meant no harm, maybe they would be set, maybe they would take them in? His body slowly pulled back as he eyed her softly, before motioning for her to follow.

He couldn't help but worry, even if he hated his own pride with an undying passion, would they understand? Akamu only hoped that the Mists needed him, for what ever reason- he needed for his mate to be safe and within this pride she would be even if for a short while. His black and white mane hit just past his sight as he pulled back, eyeing the shadows that moved before them. Maybe his sight wasn't as good as it once was, or maybe it was just his fear taking over? Why Akamu felt so on edge he would never know. His body shifted as they walked on, slowly making way to the others that lay ahead.*

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

Allure

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:27 pm
The others didn't fit the stereotypical Mistweaver look that she had imagined during their long journey. But perhaps what she had thought was wrong all along? Or were these the Mistweavers they had been searching for? She continued to follow slowly behind Akamu, somewhat cautiously. But as her eyes fell upon the adorable cubs, she felt a slight tingling inside of her. Ever since she had met Akamu, she endured this longing for little ones And being able to set her sight upon them reinfornced this feeling within her. She emitted a faint purring sound, moving closer to Akamu, to maybe lighten his spirit a bit. She caught up next to his side, and lovingly nuzzled the side of her neck against his shoulders.

"Ah.. Hello!" She gave a rather warm and comforting smile towards the others, especially making eyecontact with the small cubs. She leaned harder against Akamu for his greeting.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:29 pm
Tanaka felt the red lioness move at his side and his ear flicked slightly. It seemed in all things they would be equal? He couldn't help but smile to himself, he liked that in her, confidence, tenacity, and spirit, even that dark side he could see lurking behind those red eyes. If she wanted or needed his protection he would give it, but this way was fine with him too, perhaps he prefered it.

A bark of laughter, and his green eye was again focused on Kisu. This cub really did have a lot to learn didn't he.

"Of course there are golden lions," he ruffled his mane to emphasize the point. "And more colors than you have ever imagined."

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:53 pm
User Image"I didn't know...I've only seen the ones here." He shrugged a bit, "Uncle Maji's blue, and Uncle Ramses is black, I'm a bit red but we've never seen gold ones... or any other color." He glanced to the red lioness, smiling a bit sheepishly, "I... I've only heard there were red lions- I didn't think they 'sisted...or lions with wings 'neither."

His ears perked sharply- Maji had said that the storm king had wings. "YOU!" He stood up sharply, trying to look decent once more, "Are you the storm king?! You've come to bring us rain again?" What was rain anyway?

[PUB] Umande'mfuni

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff