Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:19 pm
Dear diary,

A-ha! I knew today would be a good day! My senses are right on target as usual! Oh, ho ho, it is good to be intuitive! Just wonderful! What a sunny day, too...

I've transitioned into a teenager! My clothes finally fit my body and I finally match my maturity! I think I look lovely, though my tails are huge! They make a good bed though! Hee hee! I like my hair and my eyes remind me of grapefruit juice. I'm not sure if that's a good thing...

On another note, I still haven't found Alabaster... I hope he's home safe with our par- I mean, dad... But then he'd be bored to tears. Heh. My instincts tell me he's in the forest somewhere. Maybe I need to venture out to look for him. I hope I can find him! I sure thought I had met my end that night in the forest, but if it weren't for those Zoroarks and their kindness to me it would've been! I hope they got away to safety, too. They probably had families to get back to!

I'm off to pick more apples for supper! I'll write more later!

Sunny travels,

Sarah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:55 pm
[PD] Somewhere In The Forest [Heath/Sarah]

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:32 pm
Where Am I Going?

Through the many months she spent in the forest, Sarah never sat still. She was always on the move, always doing something. She had to procure food for herself, she had to find a new place to sleep. She had to move away from the cold, she had to keep herself busy. There seemed to be no time to think, not time to rest. Her instincts told her to keep awake when he body cried for a much needed rest from the world around her. Dissonance and misery were creeping slowly up behind her...

Wandering had become an automatic switch instead of something she enjoyed doing. Curiosity was replaced with restlessness and need was replaced with fear. Sarah was living day to day, apple to apple, sunrise to sunset. There was no joy. She had been sapped dry.

One day she simply walked until she met a boulder. Then, she climbed and climbed and climbed until that boulder became a mountain. That mountain became a snap back to reality. She was lost. Had she truly walked all the way into nowhere without even knowing it? The clutter in her mind cleared, piece by brittle little piece, and she feel to her knees. Had she really lost her mind?

The snow was a bitter sedative that winter morning as she took her first true nap in what seemed like ages. Upon the crack of mid-afternoon she rose to a break in the usual stormy weather on the mountain tops, and fear rattled her bones. She had climbed all the way to the top of the mountain and now she couldn't remember the way back down. Once again, she moved, allowing the sun to be her guide.

Miles of mountain had been travestied before something caught her attention. She had found a route down the mountain and stood enamored upon one of the ledges. A familiar scent, one that filled her with joy, was coming from across one of the lakes. With a renewed force in her legs, she leaped down into the brush, and barreled into the forests. A warm, fuzzy face flashed in front of her eyes, the face of her little brother. She could sense him, she could feel him, she knew he wasn't too far away!

Though still very much lost, by most definitions, Sarah knew she was on the right trail. She knew where she was going, she had known all along. She was going to find Alabaster, where ever he may be.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:17 pm
Sarah Uses Flamethrower!
(Fire type move: The target is scorched with an intense blast of fire. It may also leave the target with a burn.)

"Alriiiight." Sarah huffed as she carried the last of the fire wood into her campsite. She wiped the sweat off her brow and moved the wood into a position she found suitable. "Now, for a match!" She rummaged through her pockets, turning them inside out with a pout. She had forgotten to buy more matches in the city before traveling back to the forest. Now she'd have to figure out another way to light her fire.

Though she was a fire type, Sarah wasn't as proficient at her skills as other Ninetales her age. Her mother hadn't the time to teach her the basics while she was young, so most of what she knew was gathered by watching other Pokemon or by instinct. It was getting very cold out, enough to make her body shake like a tree in a hurricane. She stared at the log pile before her and did all she could think of, blow hot air upon it.

She had seen other Pokemon blow fire out of their mouths in immense blasts and she wondered if she, too, could accomplish that feat. For two hours, she heaved, coughed and even made herself gag without producing a spark. Now the chill was really setting in and her body would soon become too numb to move. "Oooooh! COME ON!" She cried, rubbing her arms furiously. "I don't want to freeze to death out here! Just, PLEASE! FIIIIRE! I NEED FIIIRRRE!"

Then, just as she finished shouting, a brief blaze rose from her throat and reached out towards the log pile. Though it didn't accomplish the task at hand, Sarah squealed with glee and took a deep breath in. This time, as she exhaled, a steady blast of fire was produced. The logs had been set ablaze with one hit, and Sarah couldn't have been more proud of herself. Exhausted from her hard work, she flopped onto her side for a well deserved rest. As she fell asleep, her mind drifted onto the face of her beloved mother, and how she would have been just as proud to see what she had done.

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:48 pm
Sarah Uses Blue Flare!
(Fire type move: The user attacks by engulfing the target in an intense, yet beautiful, blue flame. It may leave the target with a burn)

The night after she learned how to use Flamethrower, Sarah decided to see what else she could accomplish with the same ability. She rustled up some vegetables and left over ham from the city and settled down to cook herself a crock pot of soup. With a steady blow, she lit her fire and boiled the water. Then, she turned to gather shrubs and twigs for kindling.

She waltzed along the forest paths with a skip in her step. She hadn't felt so cheery in a long time, it was almost too good to be true. Though she hadn't found her brother, she had learned how to use a fire type move on her own. Her pride and confidence were renewed, and her smile was back where it belonged. Once she had gathered enough twigs for the evening, she turned to make her way back to her campsite, but something made her pause. Her brother's presence had drifted even closer to hers...

Without a second thought, she dropped her pile of sticks and hurtled towards the source of the scent. Each breath she drew in exhaled hotter and hotter until a burst of flame was produced. Whether she noticed it or not, the fire she had produced wasn't orange or red like the other times before, the blaze had become a bright, stunning blue. Each time her breath reached the needed force, the same blue flame illuminated from her throat. It lit her path and generated a flash of light so bright that it could have been mistaken for that of a blue sun.

Finally, after running for what seemed like miles, Sarah reached the end of the trail. A quaint forest cottage sat before her and she slipped to the ground. While she caught her breath a resident of the cottage opened the front door and poked their head out. Though he looked vastly different than her brother, his scent and presence screamed nothing but everything he was. She rose to her feet leaped forward, enveloping him in a massive hug.

"Alabaster! ALABASTER! I found you! I FOUND YOU!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:56 pm
Meeting The Family pt.1

Sarah had found Alabaster, and the pair couldn't be happier. With eyes wide and brimming with pride, she had been given a tour of her brother's cozy home. The living room was spacious and loaded with the latest electronics. The kitchen was gorgeous and smelled of the food that her brother had prepared for when his family came home. She was hustled around each upstairs room and, after little deliberation, shown to where she would be staying from that night forward. With arms tightly wrapped around Alabaster's shoulders and her heart skyrocketing, Sarah knew she was more than welcome.

"I'm hooooooome!"

Both fire foxes stood at attention as the door swung open. Alabaster heaved a sigh and lead Sarah down the staircase. He gazed over to Crystal, who stood impatiently at the door, and smiled. "Oh, good! Drama queen's back!" He chirped.

Sarah stifled a laugh but froze a little as Crystal approached her, completely ignoring Alabaster's comment. Though a little off put by the girl, she was glad when Crystal began to smile.

"Why didn't you tell me we had a guest, 'Bast?" She asked, eyes wide with excitement. "It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Crystal, what's your name?"

"I-I'm Sarah! Alabaster's older sister!" Sarah replied, shaking Crystal's hand.

Crystal smirked and gazed over to Alabaster, who blushed bright red.
"Older sister, eh?" She said, giggled. "Well, it's wonderful to finally meet you! How long can you stay?"

Sarah grinned and snuggled up to Alabaster before replying.
"I'm going to be staying here from now on!" She exclaimed. "Alabaster and I haven't seen each other in over a year, and I live on my own, so he said I could move in! I can't wait!"

Crystal's eyes widened and she fell silent for a moment. Sarah gulped and Alabaster held his breath as Crystal stared at them. But, soon, a delighted squeal rang from Crystal's mouth.
"THAT IS PERFECT! OH MY GOD!" She squealed. She squeaked shortly afterward, covering her mouth with a light blush. "Pardon me, I-I... I'm just so happy that another girl is moving into the house!"

Alabaster nearly fell to his knees with laughter, to which Crystal replied to with a huff. He stood up and took a deep breath before speaking.
"Ah, good!" He snickered. "I thought you were about to throttle her for moving in on your turf!"

"OH YOU WISH!" Crystal replied. "I would never, EVER, throttle another young lady! That's completely improper! How dare you accuse me of such a terrible act!"

"Oh, cool your jets, drama llama." Alabaster replied. He turned towards the kitchen and wandered away from the girls, only stopping to turn and motion them forward. "Now, who wants to help me start dinner?"

"I do! I do!" Sarah exclaimed. She rushed after Alabaster, sticking close to his side, and followed him into the kitchen. She was given plates to set out on the table and helped Crystal fold the napkins just right. Once they were finished, Crystal left to tend to her makeup and Sarah sat beside the stove as Alabaster cooked. She licked her lips as the mouthwatering scents began to rise in the air around her.

"That smells amazing, 'Baster!" She exclaimed. "I'll bet that everyone is going to enjoy that!"

"This is only the vegetables!" Alabaster replied. "Wait until you see what Damien bought at the market! We're going to have steak with this!"

Sarah just about died. Her first meal in her new home would be steak and vegetables. She was on cloud nine. But, then she began to ponder. Would her brother's boyfriend like her? Would he mind that she lives here with them? She gazed up at Alabaster from her seat and tugged his sleeve.
"Do you think he'll like me, 'Bast?" She asked.

Alabaster paused, smiled, and laid his cooking utensils aside.
"I've already told him all about you, sis." He explained, placing his hands on her shoulders. "He knows about all of our heartache and struggle. He even offered to help search for you and our missing family when we have the chance! Damien has a heart of gold, I don't think he could ever turn you away. He's the perfect boyfriend and the best man I could ever ask for. You have no need to worry about him."

Sarah smiled and reached up to hug Alabaster. But just as she did, the door opened.

"Alabaster, we're hooome!"

"Chiiii! Chiiikooo!"

And Sarah's heart began to throb.

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 pm
Meeting The Family pt.2

Dinner was set out in simple bowls, but it smelled delicious. Sarah could barely contain herself when she witnessed the size of the steak that had been prepared, but managed to wait her turn. While everyone else was serving themselves, she studied Damien from her side of the table. He looked very bright, warm, and he smelled clean, which was a major perk. However, she couldn't shake the fact that his scent was familiar, as if she had met someone similar before. As she eventually served herself her share of the food, she worked up the courage to ask him about it.

"Uh, you know..." She said nervously. "Damien... You remind me of a pair of Zoroarks I met when I was still a normal Ninetales... Did you use to live in the forests?"

Damien's eyes widened a little before looking downcast at his plate. He was silent for a moment before taking a deep breath. Clearly whatever he had to say was going to hurt him a little bit.
"Yes, but when I was very small..." He replied.

Alabaster gasped and leaned over to look at Damien.
"You never told me that you use to live in the forest!" He exclaimed. "Where did you live?"

"Right about here, near Opal Lake." Damien muttered, his eyes growing distant. He finished his plate rather quickly and stood, bowing to Alabaster momentarily. "Well, once again, that was fantastic! I'm going outside for a moment, I'll be there if you need me." Without another word he left the room and sat outside on the front porch.

Sensing that she may have touched a sensitive issue, Sarah's ears drooped. She left her plate on the table and hustled out after him to apologize. However when she opened the door, she saw that Damien looked very sad. She moved quietly to his side and sat down next to him.
"I'm sorry if I upset you, Damien..." She sighed. "You looked so familiar, I just had to ask..."

Damien raised his head and smiled weakly at her.
"It's alright, Sarah..." He said. "It's just... I don't know if I'll ever find them again..."

"Who?" Sarah asked, tilting her head to the side.

"My...My family." Damien replied, tears forming in his eyes. "I was separated from them when I was fairly young. I don't know how, or why, but I ended up in the city and never saw them again..." He paused, choking back his tears. "I've been holding all this back until now... It's something I've never addressed... No one knows this but you."

Sarah's ears perked up as he spoke. He was another baby that got separated from their family! She knew it would hurt him to talk about it further, but she had to know if he could remember anything about his incident.
"Do you remember anything about them, like names?" She asked.

"My father was named Dei, he was a Zoroark." Damien replied. "He had a brother named Dai who was a shiny Zoroark. He had two kids, who I don't remember the names of right now, but they were shiny Zoruas. I was told that I had a twin sister named Diana, but I never saw her. I think she was wandering with my mother, who was presumed dead after our home got attacked..."

Sarah's heart began to race. She knew those names! She had been saved by a pair of Zoroarks name Dei and Dai! With tears in her eyes, she faced Damien again.
"My...My life was saved by a pair of Zoroarks named Dei and Dai..." She replied, shaking slightly. "I didn't see any other Pokemon with them, but I owe them the world for getting me to that Pokecenter the night Alabaster and I were separated from one another. Their quick thinking and kindness is the sole reason I'm here talking to you right now..."

Damien's eyes widened. Tears streamed like waterfalls as he wrapped Sarah in a hug.
"I'm so glad that my father and my uncle were able to help you!" He cried. "They were always kind souls that loved to help others! That makes me so so soooo happy! Praise them for their kindness!"

"Wait! Were you taught to sing praises, too?" Sarah squeaked.

"Yes! Yes!" Damien chirped. "Every night we sang praises for all the wonderful things we saw through out the day! It was our way of thanking the world for another day of life together."

"My MOTHER taught us that!" Sarah replied. "Our father didn't keep up with it, but my mother always influenced it! She always said she learned it from her best friend's family when she stayed with them." She paused, pondering a moment. "I...I think her best friend's name was Monica. They were very close!"

Damien froze, his ears drooping slightly.
"M-Monica...?" He muttered. "Monica was my mother's name..."

"NO WAY! OH MY GOD!" Sarah cried, grasping Damien in another hug. "If my mother were still alive right now, she would be all over you! She would be completely enamored with you! I can't believe it!" She paused again, her eyes growing wide. "We might have even GROWN UP TOGETHER! That's... That's AMAZING!"

"What's going on out here?" Alabaster asked. He scurried between his sister and his boyfriend and quickly found himself stuck in a very tight cuddle. "Okaaay, now I'm confused and unable to breathe!"

"'Baster, 'Baster!" Sarah cried. "Damien's mother was Monica! The Monica that tried to save mom! The one that taught mother to sing praises! Can you believe it?! Oh my GOD! This is HUGE!"

Alabaster's eyes widened and darted up to Damien. He wrapped his arms around his lover and snuggled up to him.
"I always knew you were amazing..." He mumbled. "But to be related to such a heroic Pokemon... Damien... She was an idol! A hero!" He kissed him passionately and held him close. "You are a priceless gem, absolutely perfect. Damien, I'm so blessed to have you!"

Damien grinned through his tears and snuggled up to Alabaster.
"And I'm blessed to have you, Alabaster..." He whispered.

After the tears had dried and the talk had ended, the trio wandered back into the house. Alabaster and Damien cuddled up onto the couch as Crystal and Sarah cleared up the dinner table. As they tended to the garbage, Sarah peered in at the pair of foxes curled up in each others embrace. Her brother had picked himself quite a pure gem out of all of the others in the clutch, one that may blossom into something much more than he thought he could ever be.

(1069 words)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:36 pm
Meeting The Family pt. 3

After dinner, the family gathered in the living room to play board games and chat about their day. Sarah sat in the middle of the rug in the middle of the room while Damien and Alabaster tickled a very giddy Adriana. Her heart swelled with pride for her little brother as the couple rocked their baby and it all began to set in. Her brother was a father and she was an aunt! He had a beautiful home, a beautiful life and she had nothing to worry about. He had survived on his own and she couldn't have been more proud. She gazed over to Crystal, who was carrying a box of card games, and grinned.
"What're we going to play tonight?" She asked.

"Whatever you want to, I suppose." Crystal replied. She set the box down carefully before Sarah and sat beside her, offering her a smile. "Go on, pick your favorite!"

"But..." Sarah muttered. "I've never played a card game before... I don't have a favorite!"

"Don't worry about it, sis!" Alabaster chirped, setting Adriana on the ground. "We'll let Adriana pick!"

Adriana chirped and raised her eyebrow at the box of games. They didn't look very fun to her. In fact, some of them weren't even colorful! She sat on her rump and looked up at her parents, confused as to why she was being made to look at them.

Damien chuckled at his daughter and scooped her up again.
"I don't think she understands what's going on, sweetheart." He said. "She's too young to play card games. They probably look like sheets of paper to her, not a game!"

"Heh, you're probably right!" Alabaster replied, patting Adriana on the head. "Sorry baby, we put you on the spot!"

"Chiiii! Chikooo...?" Adriana piped, tilting her head to the side. The room exploded in aws and laughter, causing the little Chikorita to grin and wiggle. "Chiiii! Chi! Chiiikoo!" She hopped out of her father's arms and ran circles around the room.

"Looks like she wants to play tag!" Sarah exclaimed. She stood and followed Adriana around the room, laughing and making funny noises.

Adriana squealed profusely and ran faster, giggling at the noises Sarah made. Soon, she found that she was being followed by her entire family, which made her squeal louder. She ran and ran until her little legs couldn't run any further, which landed her right in Alabaster's waiting arms. The tired little Pokemon stretched, yawned and snuggled against her father's chest, tuckered out from all the excitement.

"Looks like someone's ready for bed, Damien..." Alabaster whispered, smirking up at his lover. He moved towards the staircase and motioned for Damien to follow. "Should we put our little racer to bed?"

Damien nodded and followed Alabaster up the stairs, his arm moving to pull the other closer to his side. They wandered into their room and placed Adriana gently into her fluffy little cot that sat beside their bed. Warm plush blankets were carefully tucked around her as they knelt by her side. A soft smile grew on their faces as they looked upon their drowsy daughter.
"Maybe Sarah would like to help us sing her a lullaby, Alabaster." Damien whispered.

"She would love to, Damien." Alabaster agreed, turning to fetch his sister from the living room. "When I was little, she always joined my mother in singing to my younger sister and I. She's a natural mother..." He descended the staircase about halfway and whistled to Sarah. "Hey, sis, you want to sing your niece a lullaby?"

Sarah beamed and nodded. Quietly, she followed her brother up the stairs and tip toed to Adriana's bedside. She marveled at how cute she looked tucked underneath all of her fuzzy blankets and gently brushed a fuzzball out of her sleepy eyes. A weak "chi" resonated from the sleepy little baby and Sarah's heart just about melted. She gazed over to her side, where Damien and Alabaster knelt with the same mesmerized expression, and she smiled.
"I'm so proud of you, little brother..." She whispered, tears forming in her eyes. "She's beautiful..."

Wine red eyes filled with tears as they gazed over to Sarah. Alabaster wrapped his arms around his sister and squeezed tightly. The two person hug was quickly turned into a group hug as Damien locked his arms around the pair, and the tears came tumbling down. Though they were tears of joy, the amount of emotion he felt was enough to make his heart pound.
"Just to hear you say that..." He stammered out. "Is... Is... It's beautiful. I never thought I would hear you say that... Never in a million years."

"Well, you've earned it, 'Bast." Sarah replied, drying his eyes. "Both of you have done a terrific job. There's still much more to do, but so far, you're both doing a fantastic job." She hugged them both again before facing Adriana, who was growing closer and closer to sleeping by the second. "What lullaby should we sing?"

"She has her favorite," Damien whispered. "Do you know "You Are My Sunshine?"

Sarah gleamed. That was one of her favorites!
"My mother used to sing that to me all the time..." She replied. "Who wants to start?"

"Why don't you?" Alabaster said.

"Alright then," Sarah said, taking a breath in. "You are my sunshine..."

"Our only sunshine..." Alabaster sang.

"You make us happy when skies are gray..." Damien sang.

"You'll never know, dear..." Sarah sang.

"How much we love you..." Crystal added from the doorway.

"So please don't take..." Alabaster sang, cuddling closer to Damien.

"Our sunshine..." Damien sang, snuggling up to Alabaster.

"Away..." Sarah sang. She finished the song softly and smiled at the now sleeping Adriana. She rose and motioned the others to tip toe out of the room with her. They walked back down into the living room and continued to chat.

------------------------------------------

"Well, I'm off to catch some beauty sleep!" Crystal announced as she headed up towards her room. "I'll see you all tomorrow morning! Sleep tight!"

"Good night, Crystal!" Sarah said, waving. She turned to Damien and Alabaster, who were back snuggling on the sofa, and sat down next to them. "So..." Sarah began. "I'll be heading up to bed soon, too..." She paused and smiled. Her brother and his lover had fallen asleep against each other's chests, which was the cutest thing she had seen in a long time, next to her niece of course. With a lighthearted chuckle she covered the couple in a blanket and kissed Alabaster on the forehead. She stopped to marvel at how much her brother had grown before ascending the staircase and heading to her room. It was spacious and full of room for her to grow into. And as soon as the door was closed, she flopped down upon the bed and squealed against the pillows. She was home! She was home! And life was, once again, filled with that rare, long sought after, sunshine.

(1130 words)

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:23 am
[PD] Life Is A Party, Don't 'Ya Know? [Sarah/Solange]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:05 pm
Let's Talk Wedding Plans!

[Featuring Damien and Alabaster]

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat