Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Tribes
Those Who Walk Between (Shadow Walkers) - Back in the Swamp! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:13 pm
Screams of the Dead and Gaze of a Spectre want to meet this tribe. I dunno about join, but Ghost looks like a ghost and Screams collects ghosts (though really she's just crazy, there are no ghosts) so the RP could be fun.

edit: If Wax & Wane ever run into the tribe they usually have neat little trinkets to give/trade for. Maybe not as good as things made by well trained mongooses but there's thought put into each of them.

Sorrel has lots of plants too and can be persuaded to bump into the tribe while on a seed gathering mission herself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:04 am
Username: Blinded By Silence
Which kin are you trying for? Buck One, Buck Two.
Kimeti name: One Last Breath [ Gasp ]
Give us a hint about their personality! Once a skeptic to his father's teachings, Gasp as seen the light at the end of the tunnel and now lives his life to help others as he was helped before. Gentle and positive, Gasp is a good choice in companions and will always do his best to be there for you when you need him.
Which role has s/he taken? Giftbringer
How have the spirits touched you? Tell us a story!

As a young colt, Gasp scoffed at the teachings of his father. Focusing on death was silly, he thought. The whole idea was off in his mind. That is, until he nearly experienced death first-hoof.

Tired of the preaching and exasperated by their strange, unnatural outlook on life, Gasp deserted the family, wishing to live his life to the fullest instead of focusing on the death part of it. In the wet season of the Swamp, a sickness took him by the throat. Unable to move, hunt, or drink, death road forth on swift wings for the young buck. That is until a beautiful doe found him in the ferns and nursed him back to health. All while the healing process took hold, she explained to him that while death is a part of life, life itself is important too. Having someone help you when you need it makes life that much easier. And so, with that thought in his head and strength in his steps, One Last Breath made his way home, where he belonged.  

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:11 am
venafydan
Screams of the Dead and Gaze of a Spectre want to meet this tribe. I dunno about join, but Ghost looks like a ghost and Screams collects ghosts (though really she's just crazy, there are no ghosts) so the RP could be fun.

edit: If Wax & Wane ever run into the tribe they usually have neat little trinkets to give/trade for. Maybe not as good as things made by well trained mongooses but there's thought put into each of them.

Sorrel has lots of plants too and can be persuaded to bump into the tribe while on a seed gathering mission herself.

Ooh. I would love to have Leaves meet Screams, for sure. They could be weird at each other, which would either be ridiculously crazy or immense fun, or both.

Twilight Sings would be thrilled to meet Wax & Wane and trade trinkets.

And either of them could run across Sorrel for sure. Yay herbalist kin!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:53 pm
Username: Ryuthulhu
Which kin are you trying for? Buck 1
Kimeti name: Brief Bloom
Give us a hint about their personality! Patient and soft, like the delicate bloom that fades fast, Brief Bloom understands that death may bring relief to the dead, but the living suffer. The dead should be honored, the living supported. This brief dance across the stage of life is already hard enough.

Which role has s/he taken? Giftbringer,
Brief Bloom isn't gifted with the ability to hear the dead, which he does envy, but has decided to pursue a more productive path than jealousy, teaching others how to honor the dead. The dead may not need flowers and courtesy, but they're a fantastic salve to those who have suffered loss and are struggling to see that the one they loved is not lost, but their single drop of rain has become part of a larger body of water, in which they'll all eventually find their place.  

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:40 pm
Username: Strawberri Stardust
Which kin are you trying for? Buck One
Kimeti name: Mystic Sunrise (Myst for short)
Give us a hint about their personality! Myst is quiet and often distracted. He doesn't always answer when he is called, and will say he didn't hear the kin calling for him. He tends to be messy and disorganized in his thoughts and actions.
Which role has s/he taken? Guided
How have the spirits touched you? Tell us a story! Myst could remember looking up at his father and hearing more than just one voice. It had been thus since his first memory and still was to this day. Sometimes the voices were overwhelming and he had to just take a moment to sort through them all. He'd never give them up, though. They were as much a part of him as his family was.

Which kin are you trying for? Doe One
Kimeti name: Straight from the Heart (Heart for short)
Give us a hint about their personality! Heart is a sweet doe and is very kind and considerate to everyone she meets. She is very soft spoken and unassuming, she hates confrontation but won't back down if she needs to finish something.
Which role has s/he taken? Giftbringer
How have the spirits touched you? Tell us a story! As a young foal, Heart felt a need to visit one of the members of the tribe. She couldn't say what it was that compelled her so, but she soon found herself at the home of a doe who had recently lost a foal. With nothing to give but herself, Heart nudged the doe and smiled softly, offering her quiet support to the grieving mother.

Which kin are you trying for? Buck Two
Kimeti name: Grave at Dusk (Grave for short)
Give us a hint about their personality! Grave is just that, grave. He is serious in everything he does. Often he is asked if he ever had a sense of humor and his answer is always "no." He doesn't find anything funny, and takes everything far too seriously. Getting him to smile would be quite a feat, indeed.
Which role has s/he taken? Guardian
How have the spirits touched you? Tell us a story! Grave was never as sensitive to the spirits as the rest of his family seemed to be, but even if he thought them crazy, they were still his family and he would protect them at all costs. Hunting was the closest he would ever get to communing with the spirits, and only because he always seemed to know just where to hunt to bring back plenty for the tribe.

((I hope it was okay that I did it this way ;w; ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:35 pm
Username: SilverShieldwolf
Which kin are you trying for? Doe 1
Kimeti name: Twilight's Mystic
Give us a hint about their personality! She talks to spirits at night. Very friendly with others and will tell them when a past family/loved one is around to talk to them.
Which role has s/he taken? Guided
How have the spirits touched you? Tell us a story! The first time Mystic talked to a ghost, she was just barely a filly. She thought for the longest time it was just her friend, until she ran into her dad. He spoke straight to the spirit, without batting a hair. Feeling like a bit of a freak, Mystic strayed from the tribe but no matter what they wouldn't leave her be. Defeated and an adult now, she returned to ask her father to help teach her how to keep them at bay. Now she travels around, speaking for the spirits past, more for those who ask it, but sometimes a persistent one comes along.  

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:48 pm
We have winners!

First, thanks to everyone who entered!

Next, congratulations to:

Ryuthulu

Buck One: Brief Bloom

Strawberri Stardust

Buck Two: Grave at Dusk

SilverShieldwolf

Doe One: Twilight's Mystic

Let me know if you want to keep the names you've chosen (Silver, I don't know if "mystic is a legitimate concept, but give it a shot if you want!), and I'll post these guys for certing.

I am also going to go start a thread for the tribe in general. Please feel free to come and play!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:52 pm
Eeee!!! I do want to keep his name >w<
Thank you so much!!

edit: Gratz to the other winners X3  

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:15 am
WOO! <3333 *dances with Sam*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:01 pm
Congrats to the other winners.

I can go with Twilight's Mystery, just to be on the safe side. Thanks Sam!  

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:58 am
As promised, or threatened, there is an open RP thread here. Feel free to join in and help tell a sentence-by-sentence story. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:34 pm
Just as a reminder: there is an open RP here for anyone who wants to join in.

And, of course, applications are still open. Where are all our ghosty kin? smile  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Your username: Prolixity
Kin's name: Dawn
Position within the tribe: Giftbringer
How have the spirits touched you? The dead, too, need flowers, to watch over them through the long night before the sunrise. My dreams tell me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:20 pm
Your username: Toshihiko Two
Kin's name: Til Dusk
Position within the tribe: Giftbringer
How have the spirits touched you? The night is indeed very long. Ceremony is important for both the dead and the living, and should be treated with the greatest possible amount of care. Dawn and I dream together.  

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:49 am
Iiii...fell off the face of the swamp.

But! I haff returned!

Prolixity