Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matasoga's Disciples

Back to Guilds

Where those loyal to Matasoga can discuss a variety of topics. 

Tags: Matasoga, Disciples, Lovelies, Minions, Friends 

Reply Matasoga's Disciples
Pokemon News and Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanderaa

Winged Abomination

28,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:32 am
Sinful Nana
Shanderaa

They're good for spelling out rude messages. emotion_awesome

XD You see, I never had a use for doing that. My brother played pokemon with me, and I was always trying to be a good influence.

Oh. Yeah thats setting a bad example huh? xp

...*was a very bad example, then* >_>;;;  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:34 am
Shanderaa

I'm really not surprised. But if my brother had been a female, I would have been a bad example that way, too.  

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Shanderaa

Winged Abomination

28,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:38 am
Sinful Nana
Shanderaa

I'm really not surprised. But if my brother had been a female, I would have been a bad example that way, too.

Siblings, gotta corrupt em all! emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:43 am
Shanderaa

Hey, Pokemon was a good stepping stone for my brother into anime. Now he's a geek as well, and I feel like I've done my job. <3 I almost miss watching it, but not paying $60 a month to watch TV is nice.  

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Matasoga
Captain

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:44 am
Shanderaa
Sinful Nana
Shanderaa

You sure do.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:57 am
Sinful Nana
Shanderaa

Hey, Pokemon was a good stepping stone for my brother into anime. Now he's a geek as well, and I feel like I've done my job. <3 I almost miss watching it, but not paying $60 a month to watch TV is nice.

You're not missing much the show hasn't been good in a long time. gonk  

Shanderaa

Winged Abomination

28,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:01 am
Shanderaa

Of course not. XD I think the first two seasons were the only really great ones, but now? Blah.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:18 am
Sinful Nana
Shanderaa

Of course not. XD I think the first two seasons were the only really great ones, but now? Blah.

I'd go as far as to say only the first. And even then only parts of it. The anime... it had so much potential to be awesome, but never got there. :<  

Shanderaa

Winged Abomination

28,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:21 am
Shanderaa

I'd go as far as to say only the first. And even then only parts of it. The anime... it had so much potential to be awesome, but never got there. :<

I think CardCaptors hit the epic collecting anime. Pokemon is so much fun, but once we get into the anime, I seriously want something new!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:04 pm
Sinful Nana
Shanderaa

I think CardCaptors hit the epic collecting anime. Pokemon is so much fun, but once we get into the anime, I seriously want something new!

CCS was something different entirely I thought, though. It had concepts like "character development" and "interesting plot" and "knowing when to freaking end already" that are totally alien to the Pokemon anime.  

Shanderaa

Winged Abomination

28,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:08 pm
Shanderaa

CCS was something different entirely I thought, though. It had concepts like "character development" and "interesting plot" and "knowing when to freaking end already" that are totally alien to the Pokemon anime.

-laughs- Which Pokemon were supposed to have. Even the game needs the "Know when to end already." Which is why I love the idea of "Ultimate."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:16 pm
Sinful Nana
Shanderaa

-laughs- Which Pokemon were supposed to have. Even the game needs the "Know when to end already." Which is why I love the idea of "Ultimate."

The games are different, at least they keep coming up with new things to keep it feeling fresh even though it's been the same basic formula for over 15 years now. The anime on the other hand hardly ever deviates from "Ash needs all the badges! OH NO ITS TEAM ROCKET!!! Ohai legendary Pokemon, lets go on an adventure and then promptly forget it happened!" etc  

Shanderaa

Winged Abomination

28,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:11 pm
Shanderaa

The games are different, at least they keep coming up with new things to keep it feeling fresh even though it's been the same basic formula for over 15 years now. The anime on the other hand hardly ever deviates from "Ash needs all the badges! OH NO ITS TEAM ROCKET!!! Ohai legendary Pokemon, lets go on an adventure and then promptly forget it happened!" etc

But there's always someone putting pokemon in danger, someone wanting to dominate the region. And badges before you can move on. Legendary pokemon. The game is just repackaged over and over again.

Why do I keep playing it? Oh, right, it's freaking addictive.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:16 pm
Sinful Nana
Shanderaa

But there's always someone putting pokemon in danger, someone wanting to dominate the region. And badges before you can move on. Legendary pokemon. The game is just repackaged over and over again.

Why do I keep playing it? Oh, right, it's freaking addictive.

Well yeah theres some things that never change. But they do make up brand new things every generation. Black and white alone had dream world, triple and rotation battles, constantly moving battle sprites, the ability to trade/battle without having to hike upstairs to the Pokemon center, critical capture, that one plot twist the first time you get to the Elite 4... probably a lot more that I'm forgetting even. Not totally a repackage! 3nodding  

Shanderaa

Winged Abomination

28,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100

Djana Nana

Angelic Lover

31,750 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:25 pm
Shanderaa

Well yeah theres some things that never change. But they do make up brand new things every generation. Black and white alone had dream world, triple and rotation battles, constantly moving battle sprites, the ability to trade/battle without having to hike upstairs to the Pokemon center, critical capture, that one plot twist the first time you get to the Elite 4... probably a lot more that I'm forgetting even. Not totally a repackage! 3nodding

They had a dream world with Platinum, Giratina and all that jazz. I still haven't gotten past that sandtrap in Black, so I've got a long way to go. I have to get to the Elite 4 again. Jesus Christ, aren't I the final champion yet?  
Matasoga's Disciples

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff