Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Westboro Baptist Church Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:17 am
The Bodacious Soul Reaper
This made my heart sink seeing this. I can't really comment on this as I didn't even look at the site for more than a second. It's horrible how people say and do such things. All I can say is people like that make me sick.

The site made me gag, literally...  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:08 am
yukiroseful
I do believe I watched something on YouTube about a girl leaving.
She came back to get her stuff and her own little sister said she wasn't her sister anymore. ( or something like that ) The girl was pretty much disowned and her siblings were basically taught to hate her. It was awful D:

You mean this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50r0CnKq7_k
At around 7:00 she talks about her sister saying that. It's awful.  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

yukiroseful

Timid Poster

13,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:32 am
Sunshine Peach-Heart
yukiroseful
She came back to get her stuff and her own little sister said she wasn't her sister anymore. ( or something like that ) The girl was pretty much disowned and her siblings were basically taught to hate her. It was awful D:

You mean this one?

yeah I think thats the one, its just awful..really really awful..
User Image
my mom showed me this photo, it gives me hope :3  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:26 pm
Sunshine Peach-Heart
yukiroseful

You mean this one?

UGH. Hate songs! Why did they have to ruin Hey Jude? gonk

What I saw... that's disgusting. They have no remorse for turning her away... do these people have feelings? It's almost sociopathic, what they do.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:32 pm
I hope this makes everyone feel better. Counter protest, FTW!

This one is even better.

The Foo Fighters are even more awesome than I thought they were. I love these guys!  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:51 pm
yukiroseful
Sunshine Peach-Heart
yukiroseful

You mean this one?

yeah I think thats the one, its just awful..really really awful..
User Image
my mom showed me this photo, it gives me hope :3

Yeah I saw it on Twitter. That kid is awesome and brave beyond belief.  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:01 pm
Belethiel
Sunshine Peach-Heart
yukiroseful

You mean this one?

What I saw... that's disgusting. They have no remorse for turning her away... do these people have feelings? It's almost sociopathic, what they do.

Crazy right? And they picketed at Steve Jobs' funeral despite the fact one of Shirley Phelps' daughters has an iPhone that she tweets with frequently. If iJustine had heard about their picketing at her idol's funeral, she would have gone apeshit. Anywho, they're hypocrites for doing that.
The WBC is one of the only reasons I like Anonymous. They constantly counter-troll the WBC and just creep them out. All in all, it seems like it would be very entertaining to try and push those people's buttons all day.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:31 pm
Oh god, these ******** again. I can't even... I'm seriously about to hurl.  

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:34 pm
Sunshine Peach-Heart
Belethiel
Sunshine Peach-Heart
yukiroseful

You mean this one?

Crazy right? And they picketed at Steve Jobs' funeral despite the fact one of Shirley Phelps' daughters has an iPhone that she tweets with frequently. If iJustine had heard about their picketing at her idol's funeral, she would have gone apeshit. Anywho, they're hypocrites for doing that.
The WBC is one of the only reasons I like Anonymous. They constantly counter-troll the WBC and just creep them out. All in all, it seems like it would be very entertaining to try and push those people's buttons all day.

Why did they do that?

I'm just trying to understand these people.... damn, they're messed up. :/  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:39 pm
Ah, yes, the Westboro Baptist Church. There are very few instances where I have seen so much pointless hate clustered into one infuriating ball. As I recall, they tried to come up to Canada at one point, but I don't rightly remember if they managed to or not. It had something to do with gay marriage being legal though, I believe.

I also believe that this picture is entirely appropriate in this thread:

User Image  

Impy Kun

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200

yukiroseful

Timid Poster

13,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:58 pm
that picture is epic ^  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:00 pm
Sunshine Peach-Heart

indeed

Belethiel

I now, they didn't even care, they just acted like she was dead to them! D:
as for hate songs thats just..sad..  

yukiroseful

Timid Poster

13,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:24 pm
yukiroseful
Sunshine Peach-Heart

indeed

Belethiel

I wouldn't give a damn about what my child did and said, unless if it was criminal and depraved.

I wouldn't care if my kid said, "Hey mom, I wanna be a Hindu now." I'll be like, "Okay, kiddo." Same if they said they weren't straight or if they wanted to be a member of the opposite sex, or an athiest or any change of religion (I don't actually have a religion in the first place). I don't care.Those typical stupid things people disown their children for aren't worth it.

But this... goodness, you could at least talk to the kids! Don't you love them?

Doesn't sociopathy have genetic links or something? D: It's like they have no emotions, only hate.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:31 pm
Belethiel
yukiroseful
Sunshine Peach-Heart

indeed

Belethiel

I wouldn't give a damn about what my child did and said, unless if it was criminal and depraved.

I wouldn't care if my kid said, "Hey mom, I wanna be a Hindu now." I'll be like, "Okay, kiddo." Same if they said they weren't straight or if they wanted to be a member of the opposite sex, or an athiest or any change of religion (I don't actually have a religion in the first place). I don't care.Those typical stupid things people disown their children for aren't worth it.

Doesn't sociopathy have genetic links or something? D: It's like they have no emotions, only hate.

I don't think it's sociopathy, the kids were taught to act a certain way and so were their parents and so on. They were taught that no other way was acceptable so basically they had to do what their parents told them. People do anything to gain their parents approval. So some sociopath started it and the rest all follow. It's sad it really is D:

I'd act the same way honestly, it's not my sexuality or religion so do whatever floats your boat.  

yukiroseful

Timid Poster

13,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:47 pm
yukiroseful
Belethiel
yukiroseful
Sunshine Peach-Heart

indeed

Belethiel

I don't think it's sociopathy, the kids were taught to act a certain way and so were their parents and so on. They were taught that no other way was acceptable so basically they had to do what their parents told them. People do anything to gain their parents approval. So some sociopath started it and the rest all follow. It's sad it really is D:

I'd act the same way honestly, it's not my sexuality or religion so do whatever floats your boat.

Oh, yeah. It's a taught thing that kind of trickled down from a crazy person, then. That makes more sense.

Yeah, you're supposed to love them regardless of what they do. As long as they aren't hurting anybody or acting like the WGC's members or joining hate groups, it's all good.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff