Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012
{ BOSS FIGHT } The ??? Room WAR (EVAC PAGE 23) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Lucyal rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:39 am
Eh…

Molly bit her lip as her hand hovered above a red tile. She saw what was happening to the others as they placed them down…But maybe if she was careful? Molly picked one up as if it would explode at any moment, cradling it in her hand carefully before she moved to go place it. Just as carefully that she picked it up she put it down too, and breathed a huge sigh of relief as it didn’t explode. The Misty straightened and was about to make her way back to the table, but paused as she caught sight of Lance summoning his weapon, and then work through some basic exercises. Molly, admittedly, did take a moment to just quietly observe him, since they did have the same type of weapon.

((OOC: UPDATED GLYPH TEMPLATE: LINK HERE
TOTAL NUMBER OF RED GLYPHS PLACED: 6
TOTAL NUMBER OF BLUE GLYPHS PLACED: 6))  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:13 am
Candace was almost surprised to hear Lance tell them not to waste time healing up, at least until he told them he had bandages himself. Okay, cool. She felt fine though...had the labyrinth really been that bad? Everyone looked so worn out. She couldn't even..huh.

She picked up another tile and placed it beside Molly's.

Candace heard a bit of swishing in the back and looked back toward Lance, watching him practice with his..lance. He didn't look very happy. How had he even gotten down here?

How would he get out? Her heart sank with worry as she looked to the stairs. Oh god. How would Lance get out of here? She saw no portals, no elevators, no handicap accessible ramps. How...how would this work? She couldn't imagine they had carried him and his chair. That would just be...no. How...

Candace stepped away from the glyphs a moment, venturing closer to Lance. "Hey, Lance?" She called out so he wouldn't accidentally hit her. She waited for him to hopefully stop before approaching the man, leaning down enough to reach out and hug him, her arms curled around his neck and shoulders as she pressed a kiss against the top of his head. "Thank you for staying with us." And staying where I can see you. Candace added to herself, smiling down at the man. Aria would be fine. She was their leader.

Then again H had been Life's leader...but..no. Aria. Aria would be fine. She was Aria.

((OOC: UPDATED GLYPH TEMPLATE: HERE
TOTAL NUMBER OF RED GLYPHS PLACED: 6
TOTAL NUMBER OF BLUE GLYPHS PLACED: 7))  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:33 pm
Molly was snapped out of her daze of watching Lance go through exercises as Candace went over to greet him. Shaking her head a bit, she continued her way onto the table and then picked up two runes carefully, a red and a blue. Taking a deep breath, she moved back over to the circle.

((Then I derped the roll for a red, and it's down below : D <3))  
Lucyal rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:34 pm
The Misty knelt at the ring, taking a deep breath as she carefully placed the two glyphs.

Once again, she was thankful that the red one didn’t explode once she set it. After she was done, she stood, carefully backed away, and felt a bit accomplished that one ring was completed already. Now to finish up the rest of it! She made her way back to the table.

((OOC: UPDATED GLYPH TEMPLATE: LINK HERE
TOTAL NUMBER OF RED GLYPHS PLACED: 7
TOTAL NUMBER OF BLUE GLYPHS PLACED: 8 ))  

Lucyal

Eight rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:08 pm
Candace released Lance, watching as Molly went ahead and placed two tiles down instead of just the one. She smiled, patting the girl on the head. "Good idea." The next tile she picked up was red, however. She was careful about it, fully expecting it to blow.

Nope. It was good. And it had a fun squiggly line.

Thank you, squiggly line.

((OOC: UPDATED GLYPH TEMPLATE: HERE
TOTAL NUMBER OF RED GLYPHS PLACED: 8
TOTAL NUMBER OF BLUE GLYPHS PLACED: 8

IT'S DONE, GUYS.))  
DarkHeartedSorrows rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:27 pm
Feng picked up a red and a blue tile to place them in the puzzle thing, but when he turned around, he found that not only had those two glyphs been placed already, but the whole thing was finished. Which meant he was holding glyphs for no reason. More importantly, he was holding an explosive red glyph for no reason.

His first reaction would have been to flail, except Shang chimed in with well-timed advice.

<If you move too much it will explode.>

Oh. Right. He carefully set the glyph down again, cringing as it touched the surface, then waited a second. No explosion. He was safe!

"... Well yay we're done?"

DarkHeartedSorrows

Sparkly Receiver

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:57 pm
"Are we?" Candace stepped back away from the circle to get a good look at everything. "I..think so...Lance? Are we finished?"

Marushii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:08 pm
Cass had taken a few minutes to catch her breath, looking at the others seemed to finish up the puzzle without her. Hey, she'd contributed. She even gave them a thumbs up as she consulted with Nicodemus:

<>

Better than we could be.

<>

Another good blow could wipe this shield out completely.

<>

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:11 pm
Mercedes had laid down plenty of glyphs when the others had arrived and eventually the task proved easier than imagined with all fingers still in tact from the explosive red glyphs.

When Lance had addressed her though she bowed her head aside. It was true, they really just needed to move and as long as Cass could even WALK they were in good shape. Still it was the thought that counted right?

Though watching Candace pucker all over the leader she scratched at her back with Hadjoc's corner and frowned; not at Candace however but the subtle notion that Lance had cast for them to prepare for the worst. She took the other half of Hadjoc and started sighting various corners jetting out of the cavern walls. No triggers were pulled but she was prepared and ready. She and Hadjoc made up some sharp shooting. In truth she was curious how well Syd's aim was by comparison.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:11 pm
Heat began to build in his muscles as he moved through the basics. There were even times where he held his weapon that was more of a stretch than an actual move, such as holding the lance in one hand and guiding it over behind his neck to rest along the length of his arm stretched and held out to the side. It felt... good to go through the simple acts, even if he had to stop mid-movement and shift into something else.

Then came the actual practice of using the weapon. Lance held his weapon steady, ignoring the trainees as he studied his weapon. There once was a time where he resented it, no, her. Now he was grateful for her suggestions as they both considered the current predicament. Before, he would take a step and throw his weight behind his trusts and sweeps. Now? Lance held his weapon in one hand and began experimenting, considering the possibilities of being able to spin the large supporting wheel in lieu of a step.

His eyes fell to the arm of the wheelchair. Were those runes there before? He considered touching them, quelling the urge as Candace called out to him. The acting Mist assistant glanced over to her, lowering his lance until the tip rested against the ground.

Her actions and words drew an arched eyebrow from him along with a bemused smile. "It's-" not as if I have anywhere else to go "- nothing."

Lance turned his attention back to his practice once Candace stepped away. He experimented with maneuvering his chair in one hand and stabbing imaginary opponents with the other, switching his hands often in order to try and get a feel for the movement. His movements were stilled by the trainee's chatter, glancing down at the runes. Lance's weapon seemed to shiver as it transformed into its standby mode, turning into a small glittering object that was swiftly hidden away.

"Good," Lance said with a nod. "Take five. Some of you look like hell. It's not the best place to rest, but..." He shrugged before he began to dig around in his pockets, whistling sharply to catch Syd's attention. Once he had it, Lance tossed a rolled up bandage towards her. "Saw you using it earlier, hold off on using that one 'til you need it. We're not out of the water yet, ladies."

Lance paused, a mirthless grin crossing his face as he nodded towards Feng and Before, "And men. Rest while you can. We're to hold position until Aria and the Mists get back."

Ice Queen

Eight

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:30 pm
"Thank you, sir," Syd said, taking the bandages as if she'd been given the greatest gift EVER. She slipped them into her pack and moved closer, her curiosity kicking in. "Your weapon is extremely impressive," she said. "Is it difficult to wield? I would think it would take a massive amount of upper body strength."

She looked very impressed. "Can you tell me--" She hesitated, looking as if she was going to ask something extremely personal. "What type of personality does your weapon have?" she asked. "I just find them fascinating."

Did she even notice that he was in a wheelchair? She didn't seem to--although she would probably ask about the runes on that, next OTL.

Marushii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:32 pm
Cass pipped up to Lance suddenly; "Can I snag some of those too just to top off Nicodemus's shield a bit? Our..... trip here has him saying that the FEAR shield is in questionable condition." She kind of felt bad admitting that she'd nearly killed herself off in the maze and needed a hand, but...

Ask or die, right?

Marushii

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:33 pm
Molly breathed a sigh of relief. Take five. Most welcomed.

She looked around at her fellow Mists, tapping her fingers against her side for a moment before her gaze drifted back over to Lance. Would now be a bad time for any additional pointers? It couldn’t hurt to ask…hopefully? Molly swallowed anxiously, clenching her coat for a moment before she made her way over to the Division assistant.

“…Um…excused me, sir.” She started, smiling a bit anxiously. “Would you happen to have any other pointers for me?”

Marushii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:57 pm
Mercedes watched as each of the ladies approached Lance and out of some stubbornness to bug him she went on sighting with Hadjoc, making sure they were in tune with one another, despite a foreboding quietness from the ravenmocker.

Finally though she turned to Lance and hoisted Hadjoc against her collar bone. "Ready for orders when ready sir."

marushii
should probably quote you this time lol

Pepzilla

Greedy Capitalist

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:01 pm
Lance was about to turn and return to his practice when Syd stopped him with her questions, considering. "It took... practice," he admitted finally. "She and I -- my weapon, that is. She and I took awhile to get used to each other." He shrugged, internally wincing as he realized that he was now back at square one.

At her next question, Lance leaned back into his wheelchair and studied the Mist trainee. "She is... patient," he said at last. "She thinks before she speaks, and speaks in such a way that makes me think as well. She's pulled me out of a couple situations." I should have listened to you more, Avila.

"What about yourself? Settling in with your own partner all right?" He asked, indicating her weapon.

As Cass spoke up, Lance reached into his pocket and tossed her a bandage. "I don't have that many, so those of you who have a low shield better speak up now while we have a breather. There's no telling what'll happen next."

And speak of the devil. Lance turned towards Molly as she spoke, giving her a grin before shaking his head. "I've got nothing more to teach you right now. Later i-when we make it out of here, we'll go through and see if there's anything we haven't covered. You know the basics; I'm not sure how much advance training we can get in." Especially since he couldn't walk and hadn't been practicing.

The acting assistant looked towards Mercedes as she addressed him. Lance inclined his head towards her in approval. "Stretch. Warm-up. Rest. There's no telling when or if we'll be attacked. The more alert and ready we are, the better off we'll be. It won't do anyone any good to pull a muscle when being attacked, right?"

Ice Queen

demon_pachabel

Lucyal

Pepzilla

{ ARCHIVED } ------------------ Four Clans Meta, April 2012

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items