• Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
raisedpassion
Boundary Challenged
raisedpassion
hey boundry!!!

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread (several times now).

I got another question.

Is there some way we can incorporate a 'mindcraft house' into RAWR?

It depends on what you mean by that.
um..... idk?

I'm not a minecraft player because it looks like one of those addicting games that I'll lose several months of my life to if I get tangled up in.

So the question is rather vague due to my ignorance.

I've heard people can add build and help one another on there..... Could it be the next RAWR hangout or something we could use as a chatroom during raids?

Or maybe some other function for the guild more than a simple contest?

Of course! I could get my server back up and running in no time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:07 pm
Lazy to do coding, but, Minecraft, YES. Love that game, it's addicting....I still need to be the full game though, I have the the free 1.0 version.  

Giraffe Swag

Sparkly Otaku

16,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:08 am
Boundary Challenged
raisedpassion
Boundary Challenged
raisedpassion
hey boundry!!!

I got another question.

um..... idk?

I'm not a minecraft player because it looks like one of those addicting games that I'll lose several months of my life to if I get tangled up in.

I've heard people can add build and help one another on there..... Could it be the next RAWR hangout or something we could use as a chatroom during raids?

ok. I'm asking you this because you are a minecraft player. What can we do with minecraft that would benefit RAWR?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:27 pm
raisedpassion
Boundary Challenged
raisedpassion
Boundary Challenged
raisedpassion
hey boundry!!!

I got another question.

um..... idk?

ok. I'm asking you this because you are a minecraft player. What can we do with minecraft that would benefit RAWR?

Well, we could chat, for one thing. And have contests. BUT the multiplayer mode of Minecraft is only available to people to have bought the game... Which is a major problem.  

Boundary Challenged

Newbie Noob

6,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

thiefboss

5,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:48 pm
raisedpassion
thiefboss
raisedpassion
thiefboss
raisedpassion
thiefboss
I could help I know Python and HTML.
what is python.

how bout CSS?
Nope.
what is python? or rather: What is python typically used for?
http://python.org/
?? that didn't help. It got wayyyyy confusing. I saw something about "cobra" and started singing the GI-JOE song.

So what? Is it web programming? Would you write a blackjack game? Database programming? What's it's nitch? 3D games on the smartphone?

What type of stuff do you usually write?
Mostly utility programs for my personal use though it is used for game creation and other high quality programs.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:42 pm
thiefboss
raisedpassion
thiefboss
raisedpassion
thiefboss
Nope.
?? that didn't help. It got wayyyyy confusing. I saw something about "cobra" and started singing the GI-JOE song.

So what? Is it web programming? Would you write a blackjack game? Database programming? What's it's nitch? 3D games on the smartphone?

Mostly utility programs for my personal use though it is used for game creation and other high quality programs.
the website initially is / will be heavily based on PHP, MySQL, CSS, and some html. The webserver is a LAMP machine.

The next move for the RAWR website is to get PHPBB installed for forum support such as the one we are on now. I might give it it's own URL..... right now it resides on www.hamiltoninformationsystems.com First thing you will notice is that it is an incomplete project from awhile back. The only reason the RAWR site exists today is because I needed the LAMP server to host a website for my business.  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:43 pm
Boundary Challenged
raisedpassion
Boundary Challenged
raisedpassion
Boundary Challenged
raisedpassion
hey boundry!!!

I got another question.

um..... idk?

Well, we could chat, for one thing. And have contests. BUT the multiplayer mode of Minecraft is only available to people to have bought the game... Which is a major problem.
no chance of porting something like minecraft to my webserver?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:58 pm
raisedpassion
thiefboss
raisedpassion
thiefboss
raisedpassion
thiefboss
Nope.

the website initially is / will be heavily based on PHP, MySQL, CSS, and some html. The webserver is a LAMP machine.

The next move for the RAWR website is to get PHPBB installed for forum support such as the one we are on now. I might give it it's own URL..... right now it resides on www.hamiltoninformationsystems.com First thing you will notice is that it is an incomplete project from awhile back. The only reason the RAWR site exists today is because I needed the LAMP server to host a website for my business.
How are you going to run it? What OS are you using? I need to know these things. though I could help. Maybe.  

thiefboss

5,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

thiefboss

5,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:02 pm
thiefboss
raisedpassion
thiefboss
raisedpassion
thiefboss

How are you going to run it? What OS are you using? I need to know these things. though I could help. Maybe.
read the link again it says web programming and databases on the homepage so yes I could help.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:27 pm
thiefboss
raisedpassion
thiefboss
raisedpassion
thiefboss

google "LAMP server"

I usually run it with electricity although sometimes I prefer experimenting with the ol hamster wheel to limited results.  

raisedpassion
Captain

RAWR: Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas