Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
The Cracker of Nuts: Tryouts (SCHOOL PLAY) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:59 pm
Taryn smiled and waved to Mort, having seen his audition and accepted his broad greeting. He had seen her audition? So had Roch! The chimera colored and she dropped her hand shrinking further into herself. Oh no...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:23 pm
Mort's face after Sin's and Rosciel's performance? o w o

Leave it to demons to make even misbehaving minies look like it's part of a scene. When they finished, he clapped a few times and smiled. Ah, he'd be a terrible critic, he thought everyone (even Roch's performance he had not heard) ha done a good job!

"So, how been?" he asked Taryn, who looked like she wanted to melt into the chair for some weird reason. "A-Any luck with homework? Can do partner i-if want."

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:07 am
When the advertisements for the school play began to appear all over the campus, Thackery bubbled over with excitement. The last time he'd gotten in front of his fellow students had been the student council elections, and that had gone so well! He'd made so many friends! And he'd lost the race! Still, the event was somehow one of his most positive memories of Amityville thus far. Compared to detentions, hallucinations, and life-threatening trips, however, it was kind of easy to fill that position.

This would be his opportunity to get back out there and make sure all of the new students knew about him and how important his family was. He couldn't let the Gorgons snake their way into everyone's (beating or non-beating) hearts. He was proud of that pun.

Three nights prior to the tryouts had been spent sloppily sewing together a costume, taking it apart, sewing it together again, removing the seams to release the Boafox tail that had been accidentally stitched to the crushed velvet, and sewing it together once more. He'd also made muckcakes in an attempt to win everyone over, but had eaten them for the extra burst of energy that he needed to peel snot glue out of his hair.

It wasn't an easy life being this awesome.

He walked on stage as if he were Jack Skellington himself, puffing his chest out as he stood in the center of the spotlight. He was wearing an absolutely horrendous hodgepodge of some mysterious color of velvet and what might have been intended to be a crown. A bandaged and patchy Boafox curled around his neck in a pitiful attempt to emulate the luscious fur of a royal cloak.

"I'm Thackery, but you've probably heard of me. And my brothers. You know, we're the Cerberus triplets. But it's no big deal. I'll audition like everyone else. I understand that it's just a formality." He gave a very exaggerated wink, obviously feeling a little more like his old self than he had as of late.

"I'm trying out for the part of the Prince. No, the King. Kings are better...but he's a rat, uh, um. Can I just pick any royalty? Okay. Prince. Definitely the Prince." He took a step backward and made a show of clearing his throat before finally gracing them with his audition. It was obvious that he'd just gathered bits and pieces of whatever information on "princes" that he could find from miscellaneous stories and smashed it all together.

"Hello, loyal subjects! It is quite a lovely day today, yes it is. The army should advance on our enemies! Oh I can't wait to kill my father and my brother and my brother for the throne!" He had very particular gestures for each bit, each exaggerated and painfully obvious. "No, actually, it is an elephant within a snake, everyone can tell that." He scoffed and turned dramatically to the side, shunning the invisible peon. As quickly as he'd pushed the peon away, he turned back to face it, moving so quickly that the Boafox went off kilter. "Wait, wait! I need for you to accompany me to the royal ball tonight! I am without a date and my date also needs to wear a mask! Please, please, can you do this for me?"

Thackery went down on one knee and held out his hand towards the mostly empty audience section, presenting them with the most convincing puppy eyes that he could possibly manage. His tail made a very loud, awkward thump thump thump thump against the stage in a show of true adoration and longing. To the teacher and students watching from below, he looked exactly like a dog staring up at his owner through the door, who had just returned from a quick trip to the store that took approximately seven centuries in dog time. He held this pose for quite some time, as if waiting for an actual answer, only rising again when his eyes began to water a bit too much. The verdict was out on whether or not his tail would bruise.

Remembering that some of the auditions ahead of him had done a bit of dancing, it occurred to him that he might as well show off his truly astonishing movement skills. Though the Cerberus loved to dance, none of it was even close to ballet, and it certainly wasn't elegant. He pranced around the stage. He shook his hips. He did the Shockarena. When he was finally satisfied that he'd shown off a wide portfolio of his magnificent dancing, he took a broad, exaggerated bow, and strode off the stage with as much confidence as he'd shown when he arrived, cloak flowing behind him.

((willing to be backup, or whatever you need filled~))  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 am
Edel couldn't just ignore the advertisements for the school's play because well ... they were everywhere. Barring the pretty pathetic acting experience she had from the previous class with Mr. Rengath, the ghoul wasn't say, completely uninterested in acting. Actually, it was mostly because the play was recruiting to “play snowflakes”. The frost demon simply couldn't see any one actually acting out the part of a snowflake (the ghoul had yet to be enlightened that the school secretary was a such, and a special one at that). Snowflakes, that definitely required a frost demon or an ice elemental right? Right? A-And if no one turned up for that role – wouldn't the play be incomplete?! Such was the heavy burden of obligation Edel felt that she summoned the courage to audition for the random, non-speaking but totally important role.

The ghoul inched towards the center of the stage when her turn came, peering down a little nervously at the drama teacher and the rest who had come to watch / had auditioned before. She stood there for a while, slightly baffled at what she was supposed to do. How exactly was she supposed to audition for a minor non-speaking role again?

Good afternoon, my name is Edel and I'm here to audition for er, snowflakes” She would have definitely face-palmed at how stupid that sounded but she was now in an audition. That would require a certain level of decorum and professionalism no?

Well, I'm a frost demon so .... ” nevermind that now, let actions do the talking. Edel lifted up one of her hands and formed a small pile of snow in it, tossing it into the air. There. Snow. The ghoul repeated the motion a few times for good measure. Just to prove her point. The stage around her was covered in a blanket of snow when she was done. Great, now she would have to clear that up.

I uh... also can do up ice sculptures... and have some dance experience which may help?” Edel fidgeted with her hands awkwardly. “D-Do I need to demonstrate that too?” Might as well. Her audition had been thoroughly boring so far.

With no music and no partner, the ghoul wore a slightly grim expression as she got into position. Figuring that it was just not working out, Edel dropped her hands and headed backstage to get that broom. Which she would dance with. Passionately. The frost demon began to glide across the stage to a Venetian Waltz, the trains of her long dress floating behind her gracefully. It went pretty well she would like to think; ballroom dance was something she was actually good at. For the spectators, the longing glances at the handle of the broom could be done without. When the ghoul finally came to a halt, the stage was swept clear of the snow as well. MULTI-TASKING FTW?!

I might be able to help with the music too, pianoorviolin – oh alright, I mean... I'd like to help out as the backstage crew basically....” she concluded with a sheepish grin. Well, that was the basis of why she came in to audition in the first place. Dipping into a quick bow, Edel gave the audience a quick and awkward smile before disappearing backstage (to put back the broom) and run away from everything make her way out via backstage so she may quietly reappear at the back of the hall....sometime later.

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:55 am
Taryn turned to face Mort and spoke quietly, not wanting to disturb those still in line to audition. She was trying to be polite doing impolite things, and it sort of niggled at her.

"Good! I actually finished my homework, but I feel kind of terrible about it," the ghoul admitted. It was just her luck that it had been someone adorable to fall into her trap. "Have you figured out how to use your beans yet?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:22 am
Behind Taryn and Mort, a figure began to rise from behind the seats they sat in. Two dainty hands slowly gripped the back of their seats, long nails digging into the fabric. A face slowly rose up from behind them; looking a little like this.

OwO

"This audition is delightful. C l a p c l a p ~." Siobhan's hands released the two student's seats, clapping once, twice, and then flopping backwards to actually sit in her seat.

It had taken her that long to get to a seat?  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:26 am
Amarus was constantly and consistently bored, when not facing combat. And since she had learned from Sparrow that it was unusual to approach someone and want to fight, she had curbed that urge. Which meant she wasn't getting anything in that department, either. So when she saw, over and over again, the flyers for some play the school was putting on, she figured it would be a good time to flex her dormant personality.

And she didn't really think of this, but perhaps it would be enough to help her learn how to unlock the things she felt at will. Or at least trick herself into it. One way or another, it just seemed like a wholly good idea. She was confident that dancing was a lot like fighting, anyway. Given the amount of pain possible from either.

In the wings, she had watched the others audition. There were three entries for the prince, and in fact, Amarus clapped for Mort when she saw him go up on stage. She was happy to see someone she knew auditioning. However... She also intended to audition for the role of Prince. How could she not? That was the only role which interested her, apart from Rat King, and she thought she would make a poor rat king. Vermin were not her thing. Amarus was hardly afraid of competition. If she were to lose, which she very well might with so much attention focused on that particular role, she would simply hone her skill to succeed next time.

She had brought Crow, her ghost treat, with her; he would be helping her out, by enacting whatever he could of a battle scene. In fact, that was what her main focus would be on. She had discovered that by some fluke, she enjoyed dancing, based on her previous assumptions that dancing was a lot like fighting. And so she had turned a series of battle strikes into what she gathered was a kind of dance... and she would perform that along with a series of lines from a book she had read in the library which had particularly struck her.

It wasn't exactly a conventional audition, she suspected. But she wasn't very familiar with the audition process, so it was about the best she could do.

Once it was clear that she could go up, she tried to follow the pattern the other students had set out for an audition:

"My name is Amarus," she said, with a bow, her bells jingling. "This gentleboil will accompany me in my audition; this is Crow." She gestured down at the treat, who did not look at the judge, but rather at Amarus herself. It tilted its head with avian-like movement.

"I’ll be auditioning for the part of Prince. I understand the Prince is responsible for a good deal of fighting, and I would like more fighting. Also I can apparently dance. Emotions are a little tricky, but I think I could manage something," she shifted her weight, despite not even touching the stage, as she hovered. Her aura flickered across her skin gently, its calming smoke seeping harmlessly into the stage air, transparent and odourless. Out of range, really.

"I have memorized a monologue from a book I read," she began, "the title was something like… Unlocking… or… You know, I really don’t remember. It had a black cover. " Amarus was not vastly fond of books.

She took a deep breath, and then turned to face Crow. He drew an imaginary sword, a trick which had taken her a while to teach him, and she in turn drew her fictional weapon. She took an offensive stance, and recited: "It was not without great trial I have reached you. I fear that one of us will not leave this in one piece; in fact, I intend to tear your soul from your body, to separate what it is that makes you thirst for blood. " She executed a spin, a thrust of her sword, a dash—Crow matched her as best he could, which was mostly just darting away.

"There is nothing to fear in the darkness, but me. There is no blade other than my blade, no truth other than this one: I will, on this night, conquer you. In my glory, I will give your body to my beloved, and she will know the lengths I have gone to in order to secure her vengeance. "
With this, Amarus delivered the finishing blow, which had Crow sprawled on the stage. It was a little hard to distinguish what was happening, as Crow was not very large, but it appeared that Amarus had become speared as well.

It was at this point she faked her own death, lay there for a moment, and then got up. It was extremely uncomfortable to fake one’s own death, she had discovered.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:59 pm
Chuppi was feeling....mortified when Mort came and sat next to her, but what else could she do? She'd auditioned for a different role than what she originally said she was going to, and now someone else had but...poor Mort had lots of competition too.

"Maybe...I should have said Rat King."

A rat-dig-lizard monster Rat King would have been interesting.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:16 pm
Ulmuka bobbled into the aisle from behind the stage. Why he had been there so long is a mystery but he was clutching his minipet Aurora to his chest. He slid into the row where all the auditioned people were sitting. He waited until the ghoul on stage had finished before he went up and down the aisle in front of them.

"GOOD JOB!" He clapped each of them on the arm with a taloned hand and even leaned over to reach the students behind. "GOOD LUCK!"

He was enthusiastic, a bit invasive, but eventually found his own seat. He sat in front of all of them but his head simple spun on his shoulders so that he could stay included in any conversation.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:12 pm
A snore came from the shadows of the backstage. It wasn't very loud, but it WAS unexpected. The punk boil that had planned on watching the auditions closely had...

Fallen asleep on top of a pile of ropes, his legs sprawled in front of him, his guitar nowhere to be seen. Good job supporting your friends, man, good job.  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:21 pm
That owl student. Was.. was he... a-asking for a high five? Was this what that was? Was it?

Probably not but...

*A*

Siobhan waited anxiously as he clapped many students on the arm, excitedly waiting for her turn.
The moment she was able, Siobhan stuck a hand out as far as she could to meet his hand. Yes! Clap Siobhan on the arm too please!!!

She sat back down, eagerly waiting for more auditions, her gaze sharply turning to Muka as he spun his head around.

"Oh.. oh my.. your neck... f a s c i n a t i n g."

Her attention lifted to the stage, slowly tilting her head. "It appears a pig mini has been let loose?" She had mistaken the snoring for something else.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Zar had told himself since he came to Amityville that he would get involved. That he would do anything necessary to fit in, to participate in whatever events the school staged. This meant that when he was faced with a poster for the school play, he was torn. Torn because his creative capacity outside the realm of paperwork was almost nil, and his clumsiness on his hooves almost legendarily terrible. But still, he had told himself he wouldn't talk himself out of trying a hand at anything, no matter how intimidating it seemed. The main thing that set him on his guard was the small print. He couldn't read it even after placing a hand on the poster and concentrating fairly hard, only able to make out the vaguest hints of what it entailed, something about candy. Well. He didn't mind a bit of candy in moderation, how bad could it be?

Then there had been the issue of the audition.

He had no idea what to audition for. Looking over the list of roles and what the scripts seemed to entail, he found it difficult. He wasn't loud, he wasn't flashy, he completely lacked star quality. It was just a shame that there was no part listed on the script for the role of stage furniture, because he figured, really that would be all he'd be good at. Still, the disapproving voice of his father in his head reminded him that he was a failure and a quitter. His father liked to remind him a true businessman could succeed at anything he turned his hand to, he just simply had to want it.
Right about now that adage seemed like a lot of jack to him.

After staring at the list for a long time and even puttering off to the library for a time to do some research on what the respective roles entailed. He realised that there was probably only about one role he could handle and that looked like a fallen angel one. Couldn't be too hard to stand in the background and look pretty, could it? He suspected he could even mess that up, but still, he had to try, he had to /participate/.

So as he walked out on stage, he felt as if he was walking right to an execution, the clip clopping of his hooves a dirge heralding his public humiliation. If it was possible his posture was even /stiffer/ than usual, and he bowed more out of bafflement than anything else.

"Erm. I'm Zar. Incubus." he offered, as if his race's purported charisma would somehow rub off just from the name.

"I'm erm. Well. I'm auditioning for the role of..fallen angel?" he wrung his claws awkwardly, curling his tail about an ankle. " I'm generally more suited to erm..paperwork and the like. But I'm trying to branch out. And want to join in more with school activities." The ad /had/ said no talent required, right? Because he had none at all, his voice rich and gravelly as would probably be expected of a demon, but always toned in just such a way that the listener was reminded of frustrating arguments over little details. "I just..generally want to be helpful in some fashion." He fidgeted his wings, letting a few pitiful paper feathers flutter to the ground as he ran a hand through his hair, falling silent for a few long moments before he seemed to realise he was just standing there. "Erm. Sorry to waste your time." And with complete and utter embarrassment, he hurriedly trotted off stage.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:14 pm
"Uh-uh," the boil replied. "Still has think . . . B-Beans hard make scary."

Seeing someone begin to peak out behind their seats, Mort watched. And returned her face mildly.

o w o . . .

What . . . What long nails she had. What longer hair she had!

"Yiss, clapclap," he agreed with her and Muka, clapping along with them at the other auditions after high-fiving the strix. More were for the prince too, he noted with a gulp. At the least he was not the only one who had looked a little flustered, noting the demon as he wrung his hands. Guess not all of the upperclass had grace? o3o Though those horns were kinda awesome.

"Is fine n-no matter what," he told Chuppi. "Point is we try like s-said would."

Huh . . . Amarus was there too! ouo A surprise, as she had not seemed the type to walk amongst actors comfortably.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:56 pm
Gene had been wandering the school’s corridors, not really sure of what to do that day. The Maul was getting old, as were Bloodbucks and the Fornever 21. Acting class had been fun and all, but no other teacher seemed to have an open class. Not to mention, her Eyephone was charging. With a disappointed huff she continued her floating, fiddling with the new necklace she purchased on her last visit to the Maul. Who knew that school would have its boring moments?

Suddenly, she felt a small, dirty hand touch her rear. With a snap she turned around, only to see the gnome running away, shouting brags to who she assumed were other perverted gnomes around the corner. Ugh, freakin’ creeps. Inspecting her bottom, she noticed what the peanut gallery had been doing while copping a feel – plastering something to her skirt. She took it off, inadvertently tearing away some of the fabric of her skirt. “Mother of Jack…” She whispered, seething with anger and embarrassment. Gnomes!

One wardrobe malfunction fixer upper later, Gene was quickly gliding down the hallways to the theatre. Her purposes were twofold. One, complain to the professor about his helpers. Two, audition for the play. She thought it would be fun to join in, and she had heard somewhere that a theatre troupe was almost like a family, and she was all about that. Opening the door, she floated herself right next to Professor Renegath, and lightly coughed. A forward poltergeist was Gene.

“Excuse me Professor, but there’s something I need to talk to you about.” She held up the poster for the auditions, straight faced and looking a little irate. “One of your gnomes taped this to my bum, while copping a feel.” Here her silver cheeks flushed, highly embarrassed to admit such a thing happened. At least she left out the part about the poster tearing a piece of her skirt away. “Yet, I’m still auditioning. Please though, sir, get students to do the fliers next time. Gnomes cannot be trusted.” She set the poster on the man’s desk, and then hopped up on stage.

“I am auditioning for the role of Cloodia!” Sure, she didn’t know a single thing about this play, or even who Cloodia was, but she liked her name. A lot. She cleared her throat once more, and began to sing a tune. It definitely wasn’t classical, but not modern. Apparently, Gene had a thing for Grunge.

“Come as you are, as you were
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend
As an old enemy

Take your time, hurry up
The choice is yours, don't be late
Take a rest as a friend
As an old

Memoria, memoria
Memoria, memoria

Come doused in mud, soaked in bleach
As I want you to be
As a trend, as a friend
As an old

Memoria, memoria
Memoria, memoria

And I swear that I don't have a gun
No I don't have a gun
No I don't have a gun”

She tried to make her voice mimic the artists, scratchy and aggressive. Instead, it was more throaty and depressing. Suck.

Bowing slightly, she took a seat, not quite knowing what else to do.

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:04 pm
Charlie skipped back on to the stage. He'd taken the time off stage to go ahead and freshen up a little for the trial. The demon took center stage, took a bow, and held a finger up. Nothing happened. The demons brows lifted some and his arm fell to his side. He took another bow and repeated the same motion only to have nothing happen.

“Masuuuuruuuuuuuuuuuu…” The demon hissed. Then there was a click and music began to play. The music playing was very unfitting for trying out. But the beaming pink haired fallen angel didn’t seem to give a jack either way. His feet began to move as did his body and Charlie began to dance. Not only was he dancing, he was –good- at dancing. Very good indeed. The demon went from one side of the stage to the other, always smiling, always on his best foot.

The whole thing was almost ridiculous. Even mini popper cannons fired in the back ground as Charlie gracefully leapt in the air and landed with perfect grace. It was like the demon was part of a circus act or something. Charlie even went as far as to ribbon dance on one side of the stages curtains.

In the back ground a mini pet shadow could be scene frantically working. Setting off devices on cue and just trying to keep up with the demons movements.

The curtain started to tear. Charlie froze. And for a moment, forgot he had large black feathered wings. There was a ripping noise. The curtains tore more and more until

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!”

Down came the bit of curtain Charlie had been clinging too. Now the large bits of fabric laid on top of the demon. Masaru hurried by his masters side and nudged the Charlie shaped bulge under the curtain. Charlie didn’t move. Masaru swung its tiny key blade and bopped its master hard on top of the head.

“OWWW!.. OH..” And Charlie rose up like nothing happened. He clung to the bit of curtain like it was a cape.

“TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!” He took another bow. Then he paused. “Wait.” The demon looked around. “Wait. Wasn’t there supposed to be snacks..” Masaru tapped his keyblade to the demons head again. Charlie swatted at the mini and clung to the curtain dangled around him. He marched off stage still clinging to that curtain with his head held high. Masaru did its best to keep up with his master. It was still unclear if Charlie knew he had just tried out for a role or not. Very very unclear.

((Trying out for any of the none speaking rolls except the fallen angel bit. Cause thats racist ; D))  
{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff