Scrounging around the Sewers 

Tags: sewer, rats, zOMG! 

Reply Zomg Sewer Rats!
Resizer (powerup) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could you see yourself and others using this powerup?
  Yes
  No
  Unsure
View Results

Kayi Laa

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,550 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:32 am
DrQuint
At the largest sizes, the game likely has some troubles figuring out layering effectively, but as said, to prevent griefing, this should not be allowed. I do not think that any reasonable size adjustments are going to give us trouble with this powerup.

You are also accurate about one-pay vs. repeat-buy powerups, it's largely a matter of cost and player viewed value. Things like fireworks, however, have an unspoken charm to them related to holidays, making it far easier to resell them every year. And let's not forget.... Facebook. I won't comment further on that.

If the powerup does need to be limited, then a daily timer should be used for it, not a limited uses model. On this, we agree fully.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:51 am
Kayi Laa

If the powerup does need to be limited, then a daily timer should be used for it, not a limited uses model. On this, we agree fully.

I'm just trying to figure out whether people would repeatedly purchase "I AM" items were they to have a limited number of uses. Right now the answer in my mind is a big 'NO'!  

Silk Kanishk
Crew

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

Kayi Laa

Shameless Sex Symbol

12,550 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:39 pm
Silk Kanishk
Kayi Laa

I'm just trying to figure out whether people would repeatedly purchase "I AM" items were they to have a limited number of uses. Right now the answer in my mind is a big 'NO'!

That's kinda the feeling I have about it. Gaia has always been about the avatars first, and it's one of the things that animated pieces struggled with (and ultimately failed) by having a buy-per-month-to-activate item.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:32 pm
My only concern on this one is that there may be problems with people covering the screen in a way that prevents others from playing, or entering an instance, or clicking an npc. Maybe it should be optional for players to view resizings?

That said, I look forward to getting our crew of ufos and cows together, and the cows mutating (mootating?) to giant size when the aliens attack them...

(You can never have too many cow puns...)  

RafiCat

Mega Hoarder

Silk Kanishk
Crew

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:23 pm
RafiCat
My only concern on this one is that there may be problems with people covering the screen in a way that prevents others from playing, or entering an instance, or clicking an npc. Maybe it should be optional for players to view resizings?

That said, I look forward to getting our crew of ufos and cows together, and the cows mutating (mootating?) to giant size when the aliens attack them...

(You can never have too many cow puns...)

You were amazing the other day. XD  
Zomg Sewer Rats!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces