Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Academy [RP]
[PR] Use the Limit Breaker attack! (Danica/Straffe) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andraia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:24 pm
User Image

Almost the moment her hand made contact with her new friend’s elbow he began to glow. She realized, somewhat lamely, that he had probably been glowing before, but the light coming off of him now was much more intense. This was why she didn’t touch people.

If she knew what kind of thoughts were going through Straffe’s head at that moment – magic amulet induced or otherwise – she would have let go and walked away right then. Nothing scared her quite as much as the idea of somebody abusing her power again. As it was, she felt only amusement (and a bit of awe) at his reaction to the unnatural power-up.

When he turned back to the target to take a shot, Dani cringed away slightly, bracing for whatever was going to happen. She almost pulled her hand back when the arc of light slashed across the wall behind the target, but she wasn’t surprised this time, and she resisted. Danica met his grin. “Haha! I thought real men didn’t need luck?” Honestly she was still pretty impressed; when she redirected electricity, her aim was a lot worse than that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:40 pm
As Dani flinched away the tendrils of light clinging to her hand seemed to reach out for her, fading away as they lost contact. Straffe laughed a little, his finger twitching just slightly as the odd urge to grab her hand and let his amulet drain her dry. Again, he shrugged it off, because he was the one in charge of the amulet, not the other way around.

Straffe glanced at her. "Well, real men make their own luck, but I believe in full utility." He nodded toward the still barely scathed target, "and to defeat our enemy I think we are going to need all the cunning and luck we have between us."  

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Andraia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:32 am
User Image

“Well then, lets get this sonovabitch, yeah?” Danica joked and stepped a bit closer so that she could rest both hands on his elbow. She was amused by the way the light seemed to jump and dance to where she touched him. She wondered if this happened to anyone he came in contact with, or if it was just with someone like her. There was some interesting things to be learned here; about her powers and his. That was the whole reason she came to this place wasn’t it?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:39 am
The light crawling along his skin flared with delight as Straffe felt Dani's power surging through him. The amulet lit up, luminous energy wrapping around Straffe as he fired again. This time he was expecting the almost ray-like quality the attack had taken and photo radiation blasted through the target, bursting the training target as it did.

This was followed by a pained gasp from Straffe, feeling the rush of the attack surging through his body, it was almost painful being plugged into Dani's arm. He broke away a little, rubbing his chest like it hurt. Then, of course, he wrapped his brain around two facts, it was daytime, so he was absorbing energy anyway, and she was pumping energy too. Like too many circuits on a power-board.

"We got it." He bent over, breathing through his mouth and wiping sweat from his brow. "Man, that is an adrenaline rush, sorry, let me catch my breath. And also, victory..."

He rose after a minute, swallowing what felt like static electricity in his throat. "You are a lucky charm, what did I tell you?" Of course with the sort of ray like blast, it would have been hard to miss, but still, credit where it was due, Straffe felt.  

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Andraia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:16 am
User Image

“Remind me, if we ever do this again, to wear sunglasses.” Dani said, a bit breathlessly. Actually trying to use her gift, rather suppress it, was making her a bit light headed. It felt like she had been breathing stale air before, and someone had just pumped pure oxygen into the atmosphere. She felt… supercharged; which was a bit funny, when you thought about it.

Her new partner seemed to be feeling the opposite, however. She jumped back when he flinch away, because old habits die hard. “What can I say? I’m magically delicious.” She joked weakly, in a Megapolis-Equivilant-to-Irish accident.

“Do your powers usually drain you like this? Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea…” The last thing she needed was to make one of her classmates – for a lack of a better word – overdose on their own powers. She knew that her ability made other people’s powers stronger by effectively making then run in overdrive, but it didn’t usually have this kind of effect. In fact, it had never had this effect before. Was this normal for him? If not, what was different about him -- about his powers -- that caused this to happen?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:14 am
"Practice dummies the world over shall rue the day they messed with our delicious team-work?" He added.

Straffe waved off her concern. Standing once again. "Naw. I've been at this for a while. It's like... I was funnelling for a trickle, not a stream, and I had to compensate for the extra power." It was also more power than he had previously opened to.

The chocolate skinned boy wondered if the reason his powers were only trickling out was the rigid control that he exerted on them? Perhaps he was over-controlling his power; he needed to relax a bit more and let them flow naturally, coax them with a little more zen.

"Well, I'm going to grab a snack and a drink." He announced. "Thanks for the help. We should do this again, y'know."  

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Andraia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:27 pm
User Image

Dani grinned, still a little bit light headed from the whole experiment. She felt bad about possibly hurting her new friend, but he seemed to bouncing back alright. Then again, maybe he was doing it for her stake. “Yeah, definitely.” She said, and gave him a small wave as he walked away.

She was glad she had made a new friend at the academy; you could never have too many friends, after all (although that mentality had gotten her into trouble before). Straffe’s skill set was interesting though, and she hoped she got a chance to practice with him again in the future. Next time she would have to get him to try shooting her with his energy bolts. She had only tried redirecting actual electricity before, but the premise was still the same wasn’t it? They would have to work on him not shooting the heads off dummies by accident when she was around first though. If he was going to shoot her, she would prefer to start small.

Wondering what she should do now, Dani bent down to pick up her fork, which she had dropped in all of the excitement. When she stood up, something red caught her attention. “Oh! An extension cord.” She had definitely seen a plug around the corner, and she could use the cord so that she could still reach one of the dummies. It looked she was going to get to work on energy redirecting after all.

Academy [RP]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff