{FIN} Dream a Little Dream of Me... {Roman} Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:11 am
After gazing at his mother a moment more he laughed and nodded. “I am fine mother, just lost in thought I suppose. “ Looking to Cottus he shook his head. “I did indeed suffer a horrible dream and a bit of disorientation but I am fine right now, just a little dazed is all.” His eyes immediately went to his father as he spoke of what they were to learn today. He couldn’t help but to feel a bit of bitterness rise as his father mentioned their tardiness. He certainly hadn’t changed, always a cold perfectionist. He allowed Cottus to field the question for he knew if he were to answer things would probably get a little rough. Before he knew it he was chuckling again when his brother told him it probably would have been a better idea to have been sick than to have come to this lesson. In a way he also wished he had stayed behind though if he had he wouldn’t have been able to see his mother. The nightmare he had experienced had shown him how terrible his life could have been but now he felt excited to live this one and take pleasure in every moment. He looked forward to seeing his mate and pressing his ear to her swollen belly. The thoughts of this being the dream had all but vanished, he was now convinced that this was the reality and everything else had been a bad dream. “I am better than okay.” He repeated and watched as his mother, father, and brother began walking forward, talking amongst one another. “I am perfectly happy.”  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:13 am
Time Skip: Roman spent the afternoon with his mother, brother and father learning about how best to manage the land his herd would thrive on. As each moment passed thoughts of the nightmare dissipated and he became more and more immersed in this world. The rp will now pick up with the family returning from the lesson.

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:20 am
The lesson had been as boring as he had imagined but he remained listening for he knew it would be best for him to know things like this when he would step up and become the leader of the herd. He had laughed with his brother and mother all the way home but his father had remained aloof and stoic. Even so there was warmth there Roman could sense and he had eased up, talking to his father as a son should. Suddenly the urge to run as fast as he could into the wings of his mate began to build in his gut. He held himself back and enjoyed the company of his family until a cream colored mare with gilded eyes appeared before him, her belly protruding and her gilded hair dancing gently on the wind. His very breath was knocked from him as he gazed upon her. Looking back at his brother he received a forward jerk of the head and an eye roll. “See you!” He called to his family before trotting up to the mare he had heard so much about. “Cleo.” He breathed tenderly, stepping forward to give her a tender kiss. Moving around to her stomach he placed his nose on it and smiled. “And how are you doing this fine day?” He asked the growing life within her.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:27 am
Cleo found herself taken aback as her mate trotted up to her and planted a kiss on her right then and there. It wasn’t as though he hadn’t been this way before but as they had been together for a long while the spark had somewhat lessened. Now it seemed that things were to be rekindled as her mate treated her as though he hadn’t seen her in forever. “Roman.” She spat out in shock. “What are you doing?” Before she received an answer he was addressing their unborn foal and her hard expression melted into one of love. He often surprised her with how he acted, one moment he would be seemingly cold as his father and then the next he would be sweeping her away. “He or she has been kicking all morning, it has become rather exhausting. I can’t wait until next month when I will finally give birth. It figures that one of your children would cause me so much grief!” She sensed something different within him but couldn’t really pinpoint what exactly it was. Rather than questioning it she went along with it, leaning into him as though she were completely exhausted. “You were gone all morning and you didn’t even sleep by my side last night! I was feeling rather neglected.” She added dramatically, seeing just how much attention she could milk from him.  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:35 am
Roman laughed jovially at her speech about his child being so much of a pain for her. “Well I suppose I will have to make it up to you later then now won’t I?” He responded, an evident glisten showing within his eyes. He held her up proudly as she leaned on him and nuzzled her tenderly. “I am sorry my love, I shouldn’t have neglected you so. I will certainly give you more of my attention tonight; I was just in a different world before.” Using his nose to sweep some of the hair from her eyes he beamed. “How was I so lucky to have been bonded to someone such as yourself? At first when I heard it was to be arranged I was sure I would be paired with some unbearable mare but look at me now.” Tugging on her mane tenderly he began walking in the direction of his family, knowing that dinner would be soon and that he was to eat with the others this evening. He looked forward to seeing his niece and nephew as well as his sister-in-law. He couldn’t imagine living any life but the one he was living now; he wouldn’t take any of this for granted. There was no such thing as sorrow here, certainly things would hurt and become uncomfortable but he was sure he would always bounce back. He could see the structure of rock where his family waited and his heart beat even faster. “The others are expecting us for dinner, are you feeling up to a little something to eat?” He asked Cleo gently.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:42 am
Cleo was surprised but pleased by Roman’s innuendo and a smile painted her expression. “Indeed you shall, it has been a while since we last appreciated each other in such a way.” She winked. She was glad to hear he would be spending time with her this evening and felt a new swell of pride about being his Lifemate. It wasn’t as though she hadn’t been proud before but as previously stated things had gotten a little dull. Whatever had happened had changed him for the better and she was enjoying every minute of it. Perhaps he was angling himself away from being exactly like his father, a welcomed relief. She wanted the tender side of him, not the strong leadership side. “You are a pretty lucky stallion; it is about time you admitted to that. I am a catch you know, a beauty like me doesn’t come along as often as you would like to think.” She followed him, intoxicated by his new attitude and anxious to spend the rest of the day and night by his side. She knew he would have to leave her early for lessons but she would snuggle up to him until then and take advantage of their time together. Their relationship had seemingly gotten to an entirely new level. “I think I can manage a bit of grazing here and there. After all, I must gossip with Lisella.”  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:50 am
He laughed along with his mate, complimenting her here and there whilst helping her make her way to where they would be eating. He was uncertain as to whether or not he had always treated her in this way but had made the resolve to always be this way with her. Everything about her down to the scent of jasmine on her skin intoxicated him. She was the perfect mare for him, caring but able to take care of herself and be strong. She wanted his protection but did not need it, he loved her and nothing would ever change that. Now as he looked upon her he could see that pregnant mare glow radiating from her and it made her twice as attractive. “I love you Cleo.” He stated before issuing a greeting to his family, no, their family. As they made their way they passed other members of the herd who bowed their heads in respect and asked him how he was fairing and other such courtesies. Responding to each of them he tugged his mate closer, flaunting her in a way. Foals ran about laughing and the herd looked content, munching on the lush green grass covering the land. If ever he had a doubt about what happiness truly was it was cleared away. This is what one would call true happiness and he felt lucky to be living such a blessed life.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 am
Calixta looked up as her son and his mate approached, both of them looking happily at one another. Smiling tenderly she walked up to them and bowed her head to Cleo then turned her gaze to Roman. “May I have a word with you my son?” Calixta watched as Cleo reluctantly left Roman’s side to go and speak with Lisella. With a jerk of her head she motioned for her son to follow her as she walked away from earshot of the others. She was still curious about this nightmare she had been told about and was still a little worried about the welfare of her son. It was obvious this nightmare had impacted him in a far greater way than anyone initially realized. His entire demeanor had changed and she just wanted to make sure he wasn’t suffering from something else. Folding her gilded wings tightly by her sides she stopped beside a copse of oak trees and smiled at Roman. “You aren’t in trouble my son; I just wanted to talk to you about your night last night. Are you sure you are alright?”  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:04 am
Without hesitation Roman followed his mother, watching his mate walk away with a smirk. Even from behind she looked lovely. After nearly tripping over his own feet he turned his eyes forward and looked upon his mother. He and Cottus looked more like her than their father which had caused Ardus much grief in his nightmare. It was strange to think that a nightmare that had taken place during only one night would change so much for him. It still felt odd to look at his mother and interact with her, she was a wonderful mother and he was glad she hadn’t been killed before he was born. The life without her had been so horrible he couldn’t even imagine it being real. He stopped musing when she asked him about his dream. Straightening up and clearing his throat he began divulging what had happened. “You had been killed before Cottus and I had emerged from our baskets and father had become obsessed with finding your killer. He forced us to travel and would leave us for days on end. He and Cottus both died and I was all alone, nothing to cling to or live for. It really rattled me and made me realize just how horrible life can be sometimes; I am so very glad it wasn’t the truth. I am doing well now that I have woken from that horror…”  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:11 am
She listened to him tell the tale of his dream and shivered at the thought of such a life. She understood now why he had been acting so differently this entire day. Believing he had lost everything would certainly cause him to cling tightly to what he had now. Stepping forward she nuzzled his cheek and used her wing to smooth some of the hair on his neck. “Oh my son, I am so sorry you had to experience something so horrible. You can be relieved in the knowledge that I was not killed and that this has been the life you were raised in to. You will never be alone and that is a fact, I love you and so does everyone else here.” She looked back at her mate who was grazing contentedly. “Your father would never do something like that to you, he is very proud of both you and your brother and though he doesn’t always act like it he truly adores both of you.” Turning her gaze back to her son she smiled. “You had all of us pretty worried about you.”  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:18 am
His mother’s touch felt therapeutic and in that moment he knew everything was alright, that the nightmare would soon be nothing more than a distant memory. Even though she mentioned her father’s pride and love he still felt a small amount of doubt about that. He didn’t voice this of course for he knew it would hurt her. “I love you too mother.” He responded quietly. “The dream was so realistic and seemed to have actually been a lifetime. I am just glad I was able to awake to this world and not the one I had envisioned. In that world I had been torn up pretty badly by the one who had murdered you and I felt like I had lost even more than before.” His gaze turned toward his family and he smiled. “I can’t tell you how happy I am that it isn’t so.” Once again he looked over his mother, taking in her golden coat with white spots here and there. “After watching myself experience such sorrow I can’t help but realize exactly how happy I am. My life is everything I could have ever hoped for. I am an uncle and a soon to be father with parents who care about me and a future ahead of me. I have been raised in the same place and I feel no need to leave it. I am glad I am able to spend my life here.”  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:33 am
The thought of her son being wounded and alone shredded her heart and tears began to well up within her eyes. “I too am glad that isn’t how things went. I would hate to think your life would be so sorrowful.” Shaking her head she smiled and pushed on his shoulder playfully with her nose. “Let us not dwell on such sad things at this moment! Our family is waiting down there for us and there is no reason for us to show up with sad faces!” With a little skip in her step she turned and began trotting to her mate, thoughts still zipping around in her head but reality overwriting them. She didn’t want to think about sad things on a day like this when everything had gone so wonderfully. “Happiness awaits us my dear! Let us take advantage of every last moment!”  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:40 am
Roman smiled and watched as his mother began trotting toward his father. He hung back a moment to look over those grazing not too far from him. Cottus was smiling happily at his mate who was laughing about something he had done or said. His niece and nephew were running around playfully and his pregnant mate was watching them with a motherly glow, her head obviously filled with things to come. His mother had reached his father and was greeted with a loving gaze and an affectionate kiss. A gentle yet warm breeze toyed with his mane and tickled his senses. He had dreamed about meeting others and hearing them speak about happiness and how it truly existed for everyone. Even though in his dream he hadn’t believed them and often spoke of only misery he knew what they meant. He was glad he had experienced something so awful because it had opened up his eyes to what he really had. His life was amazing and nothing would ever change that. His heart was light and his head was full of only light and love. Making his way back to his family he smiled at his brother and nodded his head in masculine affection. Lisella nickered sweetly to him and his niece and nephew came booming up to him, large smiles on their faces. They tugged at him and called him Uncle Roman and he played with them a moment before nudging them lovingly and walking toward his mate. “How is the grass my love?” Taking his place beside her he lowered his head and began grazing on the sweet tasting greenery. Life was simple but it was oh so wonderful, nothing would ever take that away from him.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:39 pm
--> Skipping forward we see the family formed in a circle near where each of them sleep. Smiles paint all faces as the males are pressed closely to their mates and the foals trot off to bed. <--  

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:52 pm
His mate was warm beside him and a smile seemed to have permanently taken residence on his countenance. He had even begun to feel warmth growing within his chest toward his father, something he had never thought he would have been able to do, in his nightmare at least. His eyes went from face to face, briefly resting on each one for a moment, enjoying the happiness within their eyes and the evident love they felt for one another. Life was such a beautiful thing, all the pain in the world couldn’t spoil the utter happiness that was often felt in times like these. He was laughing along with the conversation, feeling completely at ease. In his mind it was hard to believe he could ever feel pain again and if he did his mate would be right there to help him.

Just as suddenly as the warmth had settled in an icy chill ran down his spine as he realized he couldn’t understand what the others were saying around him. They kept on talking as though nothing was different but their voices were muffled and distant. Panic set in and he began to look around frantically, only a small bit of comfort filled him as they noticed his fear. All at once their voices became clear once more. “Stay with us.” They all said in unison. “Don’t go, this is the life you have always wanted.” His ears flicked back and he looked at them with confusion but he soon understood as he felt himself being pulled away. “Just let go Roman and you can stay here with us.” He cried out for them but no one could hear him. They kept chanting the same thing over and over again. “Stay with us.” He tried to cry out once more, how he wished to tell them he would stay. Finally they all were swallowed into the darkness.

Freezing droplets of rain could be felt hitting his body, his sore, cut, and bruised body. He couldn’t move and the scent of blood and mud filled his nostrils. He refused to open his eyes to the truth, just as he feared his happiness was only a dream. He had no mate; his brother was dead as were his mother and father. Indeed he had encountered Barracus and he had lost. Hatred and sorrow filled his heart once again and when he dared to crack his eyes he was overcome by the sight of black feathers.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff