[PRP] Can We Lose Her? (Ili'ella, Laf'lari & Raiquen ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:59 pm
Raiquen shook his head. "I don't know about that." He whispered softly though his own face warmed at the compliment. "But you're welcome." Raiquen smiled warmly at the lioness before looking warily over at her mother. He should be more careful - something told him that he needed to be on guard around the older lioness. Maybe it was just his own uncertainty about the feelings that arose whenever he saw Ili'ella? Was it possible that Lari was trying to get something from him?

No. He was just over thinking things...right? Raiquen smiled at Lari, "You're most welcome." He froze at the closeness of Ili'ella and couldn't help but to blink at her apology. An acquired taste? His mouth twitched upward in silent laughter. "It's fine." He replied softly, stiffling the laugh, "I think she's interesting. Not to mention that she's related to you so-" He stopped. Knowing Ili'ella's mother was a way to getting to know more about Ili'ella. Raiquen shook his head, "Anyway. Should we get going?" Not that he minded guiding by the stars, but the lionesses might not appreciate having to chase after him in the dark.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:27 pm

Ili'ella continued to smile warmly at him, all but ignoring her mother. Perhaps if they ignored her, she would go away? She really, really hoped so. She was surprised at Raiquen's lack of annoyance at her mother though - perhaps he was charmed by her presence, like most other males seemed to be?

"Yeah, interesting," she repeated in a light tone, but was slightly bitter. Of course males found her mother interesting, she attracted them like moths to light. She shook her head, dispelling that bitter thought before forcing a small smile.

"Yes, let's get starting. I'm excited to see your pride," she told him, and would follow him if he started to move, glancing towards her mother.

"Oh, it's a pride?" Lari said, sounding curious. Of course it was, she thought to herself, surprised she hadn't realised it before. "Prides are such fascinating things," she mused, and peered around, ready to follow Raiquen when he began to lead them.

"I'm part of one myself, but it's near the coast. I only visit the rogue lands now for Ili," she explained, unconsciously slipping into the nickname that Ili'ella used as a cub. She shifted on her feet, eyeing the male. "What job do you do for your pride?" she asked, in a purposely flirtatious tone. "Hunter? Protector? Something to use your muscles?" She wasn't sure how strong he was, but usually flattering a man's ego was a good way of flirting. He'd yet to respond to any of hers, which was good. He was passing her test, at least.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:31 pm
"Yes. Of course I would find anyone related to you interesting." Raiquen looked at Ili'ella with a small frown. Did he say something wrong? He had just said she was interesting. Not that he was interested in her mother. Was it possible that she thought that he was? The lion shook his head. That was impossible right? There was no way he would be interested in anyone else when Ili'ella was right there. Not that he would have the courage to say that outright. Still his heart was true.

"Alright." He smiled and started to move forward before looking back to Lari, "Yes, it's a pride. A pride dedicated to hosting shrines for the gods." So Lari was a part of a pride? Did that mean - no there would be no reason for the lioness to leave her pride to visit Ili'ella if Ili'ella was part of that same pride. He felt relieved. So she wasn't tied down to one place. That meant she could visit again. Her mother also called her Ili. It was a cute nickname. The lion smiled to himself before looking up, "I have to be in good health, but none of those are my roles. I'm a guide." He frowned at the phrase to use his muscles, "Though one of the shrine keepers once asked me why I didn't help move the stones though since she kept commenting on my muscles. Then again she likes to comment on a lot of...things." He mused out loud before shaking his head, "But I prefer guiding as I get to meet many others that way and hear their stories."

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:01 pm

"It all sounds very interesting," Ili'ella murmured softly to Raiquen, glancing at the areas they passed through with curiosity. She found prides fascinating, but had never felt the desire to join one before. Perhaps having cubs in the rogue lands, and recognising the dangers of that, had made her grow up a little, she thought but she had a feeling it was just her getting older. The life of a travelling rogue was more suited to the adolescents and young adults - although Ili'ella was barely more than a young adult herself.

Ili'ella looked surprised at his comments of one of the shrine keepers. She kept commenting on...things? Did that mean she was flirting with him? She frowned a little. Oh, perhaps he was taken? She hadn't even thought of that. Not that she had actively thought of them together, but still, she had asked him last time if he had family and he said he did not. Perhaps the lady commenting on things was a new thing.

"It does sound fascinating," Lari told Raiquen with a light girlish laugh.

She did catch her daughter's look at the mention of one of the shrine keepers and cast her a shrewd glance, before refocusing on Raiquen. "Oh? Is the shrine keeper sweet on you?" She asked, making her tone teasing but she was curious. Was he leading on her daughter? Hmph, that would never do.

"Meeting others? Oh, I bet you have a girl from every pride," she said with a wink. Well, she thought to herself, that was hardly subtle but effective, hopefully. This boy really couldn't be clueless about his looks, could he? No one was that handsome and didn't know it.

Her daughter was beginning to look like she wanted to smack her again, and Lari hid a smile.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:54 pm
Raiquen brightened at Ili'ella's comment, "It is." He replied with a smile, "Even if one was torn by the want to travel, to find new things and the want for a home this pride would soothe that. At least for me it did." The lion kept walking forward, but his gaze kept returning to Ili'ella. "Here I feel like I'm always traveling somewhere new for all the shrines are different in their own ways. And meeting strangers all the time is another part I enjoy very much."

Lari's question made the lion stumble, "Sweet on me?" He shook his head, "I don't believe so. She's just really open towards everyone." He paused thoughtfully. It was true. So he never really had thought anything of her behavior before. Thinking he was free from attack the lion had to pause in surprise from her next statement, "I have a...a girl from every pride?" Raiquen repeated. Was that meaning that he and a female from every pride? Or just meaning that he had 'those' type of friends out there?

And she winked! How was he supposed to reply to that? Did she seriously mean -lovers? The thought crashed into his mind and the lion's eyes widened. No, surely not - but then again. He glanced over at Ili'ella from the corner of his gaze before shaking his head. "I don't think so, Lari. Just acquantices of both genders, nothing more than that." He was too sincere being a guide for travelers, he had no time for distractions. Though he couldn't help but to peek at Ili'ella again - was having feelings really a distraction sometimes? She definitely should understand that he hadn't done anything with others before because he hadn't been so affected by a female before...but now... He blinked. Stop being so silly, Raiquen. She's far above you. You'll never be on that level. He sighed quietly to himself before putting on a smile, "So is there any shrine in particular that you would wish to visit? I'll take you two any where you want in the pride."

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Ili'ella smiled back at Raiquen, listening to his words with interest. It would soothe the urge to travel? She was sceptical. She had tried to stay still for a while, but had always reverted to travelling again after growing bored. Perhaps it was simply the new company she had been missing from travel, not the travel itself. She was curious to whether that would work. "Like travelling without ever leaving home," she mused to Raiquen, casting her gaze about the area again.

She longed to smack her mother when she opened her mouth to speak again, shooting her a warning look. However, she didn't protest and stop Raiquen from answering because...well, because she wanted to know. She felt guilty letting her mother question him, but when he answered, some of the tenseness slipped from her shoulders.

"That's enough, Mother," Ili'ella said firmly, warning her mother to stop. "Raiquen is a gentleman."

She shook her head, giving Raiquen a regretful smile as if to apologise again for her mother. "What's your favourite shrine, Raiquen?" She prompted, before her mother could suggest some silly shrine, like the goddess of Love's. "I want to see that one."

Lari took her daughter's warning to heart, appearing to look repentant. "I'm sorry, Raiquen," she simpered. "I did not mean to insult you." She was faintly amused at Ili'ella's attempt to direct them to Raiquen's favourite shrine. Trying to learn more about him, most likely.

"Yes," she agreed, although it probably wouldn't matter if she did or didn't. "Which one is your favourite?"

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:07 pm
Raiquen smiled and nodded, "Exactly." He closed his eyes brieftly as a light breeze passed through. This pride was his home and the lion didn't want to seem too proud. But this was the only place that could tie him down. That was how much he loved the shrines and was devoted to his duty to the gods. Every thing, everyone, even every stone here was treasured by him.

Surprised by Ili'ella's reaction Raiquen looked back. "Thank you." He whispered softly. Though he felt secure in his answers to Lari, the lion was afraid of what the lioness was trying to do. What if he slipped in his answers? Not that he should be worried - he had never done anything concerning such things before.

"My favorite shrine?" The lion looked thoughtful before sighing, "I know which shrine would be my favorite should it be tended by someone, but since its not actually claimed yet I guess I should pick another shrine. The one of seasons is the one I happen to visit the most. The shrine keeper there is a good friend and he works hard to keep the shrine as beautiful as it is."

"It's alright." Raiquen smiled at Lari, "No harm done. Trust me I've been asked many questions. You aren't the first traveler to inquire about me." He nodded, "I guess we shall head towards the shrine for the seasons then." Honestly he wouldn't mind sharing his favorite place in the pride with Ili'ella, but he was kinda embarressed by how untended it may appear compared with the actual shrines. Still maybe...maybe when it was actually later he might show her. It was best to go there at night after all.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Ili'ella gave him a warm smile at the thanks. She needed none for defending him against her mother. Lari meant well, Ili'ella hoped, but she was rather hard to deal with when you hadn't known her your entire life like Ili'ella had.

She was very curious about his favourite shrine, even though he said it was untended. She wanted to ask, but perhaps he was embarrassed about it and that's why he had not mentioned it. Maybe it was something Lari would tease him over, like Fathers or something. She decided not to ask, at least not while Lari was around. "Well then, let's go visit the Shrine of the Seasons then," she told him, brightly, moving forward to nudge her shoulder against his, playfully, before realising her mother was still with them and casting her a warning glance to not mention that gesture.

Lari hid a grin as her daughter bumped shoulders with the larger male and wanted to crow in delight. Ha! Her daughter did like the boy, and it seemed he liked her back - or perhaps he was this clueless with everyone, but she doubted it.

"That sounds very lovely," Lari cooed about the shrines."But I fear my old bones won't keep up that well with you young sprites. I think I might head back and spend some time with my grandcubs before they start to like their babysitter more than their grandma!" She knew that wouldn't happen, but it was as good as excuse as any. Plus, her hip bone was actually sore, she had walked more today than she had in a while, and her body just wasn't made to wander any more.

"Now, now, don't try to offer to walk me back!" Lari barelled on, before he would have offered - if he would have offered, it didn't really matter if he wouldn't have. "You watch out for my daughter! You never know when some unsuitable young male might try to come along and sweep her off her paws! They'll leave me be, of course." She was trying to play up her age a bit. "You'll need to watch out for her, Raiquen." She couldn't resist the opportunity to tease the pair a little more.

Velveteen Angel

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:15 pm
His face warmed at the sight of her smile and he looked away. It was silly...but seeing her smile always made him want to smile back. His heart felt funny as well. Maybe it was just the weather? No, that wasn't it. The lion shook his head. I shouldn't dwell on such things... Feeling the nudge he was shaken back to reality after blinking up at her. He moved to return the nudge before freezing and looking back towards Lari.

"Ah. " Raiquen swallowed and took a step back from Ili'ella and nodded respectfully towards Lari, "If that is the case then I suppose you should head back. Don't want your grandcubs missing you-" He peeked over at Ili'ella. Was she okay spending time away from her cubs then? Surely since Ili'ella was watching them, not to mention that there was another adult there as well. Out of habit the lion had moved forward towards Lari, but froze as she stopped him. "Oh. Alright then if you insist." He smiled with amusement at the lioness. He honestly believed her, though felt that her cubs may not be the only reason for her to leave them. Still he was falling more easily into his normal banter which he often used with visitors. "I'll make sure that your daughter is protected from those many encounters inside the pride." He chuckled softly, a low purr in his throat.

He looked back at Ili'ella with a small smile. "Shall we go then?" Turning back to look at Lari one last time Raiquen gave a polite nod of the head, "It was nice meeting you Lari. May the gods watch over you as you journey back." The words he spoke were the same as he spoke to many of those who he escourted back to the border, "And don't worry. I'll make sure Ili'ella makes it back safely." It took him a moment to suspect that she was teasing them again, but the lion shook it off under his mask as a guide. It was easier after all to treat both as he would any other visitor. Though secretly he was glad to see Ili'ella again and even more so to be able to spend more time with her alone without her mother's teasing. But it was true that Lari was an interesting one. That was for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Thank you, Raiquen,” Lari purred, bowing her head in gratitude. “It shall make me rest easy knowing that my daughter is looked after by such a...competent male.” She smiled at him, amused. She was almost reluctant to leave them, but she didn't want to drive them apart – not when they seemed so nicely fitted at the moment. Plus, she was tired. She really did feel old and that was worrying.

It is a pleasure to meet you,” she said, in response to his farewell. “May the Sun and Moon bless you with happiness when in their gaze.” She glanced at her daughter, giving her a gentle smile. “I'll see you later, Ili,” she murmured to her daughter, before stepping forward to gently nudge her cheek affectionately, and felt her daughter return the gesture.

She cast the pair a final smile, before turning to head back the way she had come. She didn't know the area, but she could still follow her paw prints back the way they'd come.

Ili'ella was glad that her motehr was leaving, but she still smiled and nuzzled her cheek as she said farewell. “Walk safely, Mama,” she told her – and despite her previous exasperation with her flirtatious and often childish mother, there was obvious affection in her voice and the slip of the tongue back to the childish 'mama' instead of mother was clear.

She watched her mother move away, before glancing back at Raiquen – feeling almost shy. Goodness, her mother had gotten her feeling like a youth on her first date again! She gave a soft laugh at her own thoughts, before casting him a warm smile.

Lead the way,” she said softly, ready to follow him and waiting eagerly to see what beauties laid within the pride that was home to the male before her.

Velveteen Angel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces