Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
American McGee's Alice Chat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:00 pm
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
I think I like Pale Realm/Seeing Red the best, the levels are easy but the landscape is just so great.

If they do remake the first game I'll be thrilled, but at the same time I think I'll kind of miss it just being a one platform game, if people can play it for X-box no one will play it for PC, and that was the console I learned on.... I'm getting all nostalgic. Still, it would be some great new graphics opportunities, and worth it.

A while back when they first started talking about making a movie they were talking about getting Sarah Michelle Gellar to play Alice, and as much as I love her I think they need someone younger... again.... if it's even real.

Do you know if they have the same guy back for music, because I really like Chris Vrenna (sp?) and I thought he did an excellent job.

And thank you.... I change my avi a lot but I've kept this one around because I've gotten a lot of compliments. I like yours too (love the hat) My cousin (who actually was the one who let me play the game so young) gifted Wonderland to me for joining gaia. It was my first decent item.

"52 pick-up is a staple of juvenile humor, but when the deck slices and dices it's no laughing matter*

I really hope its the same guy for the music! I loved it soooo mich I went online and found the soundtrack!! blaugh

I just got my Wonderland gear from my BFF recently (My avi is mega poor sweatdrop ) A while ago I had him as the cheshire cat sittin' on my head but changed him to the top hat to go with the new outfit! . . . I need more clothes tho~! LOL rofl

Did you also hear that Alice Cooper was suppose to direct the movie version? (once again only rumor) I think he'd do a TERIBBLE job of directing . . . I mean Tim Burton did a good Alice in Wonderland!! and to be honest when I heard he was directing it I thought it was going to be like American McGee's version! LOL! But he did a really good job (for a Disney movie) . . . I want him to direct McGee's version too tho! That would be epic!! xd Also! I heard about the Sarah thing too! BLEH on her! xp

"Here's a riddle: When is a crouquet mallet like a billy club? I'll tell you . . whenever you want it to be!"

I hope they don't get Alice Cooper, he would do a terrible job. I was actually pretty disappointed with the Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I thought it would be so great, I love Alice, I love Tim Burton, Love Helena Bohnam Carter, Alan Rickman.... I even love Mark Hoppus but I thought the movie was just okay. I loved the cat though.... he was so cute. (I always think the cheshire cat is cute.... even in American McGee's Alice)

"Your knife is necessary but not sufficient, collect what's useful. Reject only your ignorance and you may survive."

The cheshire cat IS cute no matter what! (I want McGee's version as a pet XD) . . . really? you didn't like Tim's version? I LOVED it!! I like how it was like a "revisit to Wonderland" instead of the same story just retold slightly different! I bought it and DVD and watched it soooo many times that I can qoute it just like we're qutoing McGee! LOL!

"Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had 'real' tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!"

Nope, I thought it was just okay. I of course bought the movie, and have watched it on multiple occasions, but I thought it had a lot more potential. There were a few parts I really liked though, like when the hatter recites The Jabberwocky, which was amazing. I also liked how Alice returns to Wonderland because she gets scared about a marriage proposal (as I too am afraid of commitment, this made it feel more real to me) but overall I thought it could have been better. I mean, they took the best movie concept and gave it to the best director and it wasn't even my favorite adaptation of the film, so i was disappointed.

I love the Cheshire Cat, I am proud to say I still use my Cheshire Cat comforter from when I was little, it has the cat from the original Disney movie, and I have painted my walls black, with purple trim to match. The Cat has to be my favorite character, and I agree about the one from the game. For the last art project I ever had (I quit art school last year) I made a life size paper machete cat from the game and then I dressed up like Alice for the art show and stood next to him with a croquet mallet I had carved earlier in the semester. That was actually my best year of art classes, I themed all of pieces around wonderland so that for the end of the year show it would all look nice together. Sadly I never got a chance to go back and pick up the cat, I have no idea what happened to it.

"Only the insane equates pain with success"

DUDE! That must've been one awesome project 4laugh and to cosplay as Alice! Nice!!! whee I got an (Original) Disney's Alice In Wonderland microfiber blanket AND current Disney's Queen of Hearts microfiber blaket! I ove them 3nodding Especially original AiW!!
OH! and if you go to youtube in type in Alice Return to Maddness in the search you can see a couple different trailers for it! They're wicked awsome!! blaugh

"Doors have locks, locks need keys, which you don't have! Let's hope the doors are open!"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 pm
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
I think I like Pale Realm/Seeing Red the best, the levels are easy but the landscape is just so great.

If they do remake the first game I'll be thrilled, but at the same time I think I'll kind of miss it just being a one platform game, if people can play it for X-box no one will play it for PC, and that was the console I learned on.... I'm getting all nostalgic. Still, it would be some great new graphics opportunities, and worth it.

A while back when they first started talking about making a movie they were talking about getting Sarah Michelle Gellar to play Alice, and as much as I love her I think they need someone younger... again.... if it's even real.

Do you know if they have the same guy back for music, because I really like Chris Vrenna (sp?) and I thought he did an excellent job.

And thank you.... I change my avi a lot but I've kept this one around because I've gotten a lot of compliments. I like yours too (love the hat) My cousin (who actually was the one who let me play the game so young) gifted Wonderland to me for joining gaia. It was my first decent item.

"52 pick-up is a staple of juvenile humor, but when the deck slices and dices it's no laughing matter*

I really hope its the same guy for the music! I loved it soooo mich I went online and found the soundtrack!! blaugh

I just got my Wonderland gear from my BFF recently (My avi is mega poor sweatdrop ) A while ago I had him as the cheshire cat sittin' on my head but changed him to the top hat to go with the new outfit! . . . I need more clothes tho~! LOL rofl

Did you also hear that Alice Cooper was suppose to direct the movie version? (once again only rumor) I think he'd do a TERIBBLE job of directing . . . I mean Tim Burton did a good Alice in Wonderland!! and to be honest when I heard he was directing it I thought it was going to be like American McGee's version! LOL! But he did a really good job (for a Disney movie) . . . I want him to direct McGee's version too tho! That would be epic!! xd Also! I heard about the Sarah thing too! BLEH on her! xp

"Here's a riddle: When is a crouquet mallet like a billy club? I'll tell you . . whenever you want it to be!"

I hope they don't get Alice Cooper, he would do a terrible job. I was actually pretty disappointed with the Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I thought it would be so great, I love Alice, I love Tim Burton, Love Helena Bohnam Carter, Alan Rickman.... I even love Mark Hoppus but I thought the movie was just okay. I loved the cat though.... he was so cute. (I always think the cheshire cat is cute.... even in American McGee's Alice)

"Your knife is necessary but not sufficient, collect what's useful. Reject only your ignorance and you may survive."

The cheshire cat IS cute no matter what! (I want McGee's version as a pet XD) . . . really? you didn't like Tim's version? I LOVED it!! I like how it was like a "revisit to Wonderland" instead of the same story just retold slightly different! I bought it and DVD and watched it soooo many times that I can qoute it just like we're qutoing McGee! LOL!

"Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had 'real' tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!"

Nope, I thought it was just okay. I of course bought the movie, and have watched it on multiple occasions, but I thought it had a lot more potential. There were a few parts I really liked though, like when the hatter recites The Jabberwocky, which was amazing. I also liked how Alice returns to Wonderland because she gets scared about a marriage proposal (as I too am afraid of commitment, this made it feel more real to me) but overall I thought it could have been better. I mean, they took the best movie concept and gave it to the best director and it wasn't even my favorite adaptation of the film, so i was disappointed.

I love the Cheshire Cat, I am proud to say I still use my Cheshire Cat comforter from when I was little, it has the cat from the original Disney movie, and I have painted my walls black, with purple trim to match. The Cat has to be my favorite character, and I agree about the one from the game. For the last art project I ever had (I quit art school last year) I made a life size paper machete cat from the game and then I dressed up like Alice for the art show and stood next to him with a croquet mallet I had carved earlier in the semester. That was actually my best year of art classes, I themed all of pieces around wonderland so that for the end of the year show it would all look nice together. Sadly I never got a chance to go back and pick up the cat, I have no idea what happened to it.

DUDE! That must've been one awesome project 4laugh and to cosplay as Alice! Nice!!! whee I got an (Original) Disney's Alice In Wonderland microfiber blanket AND current Disney's Queen of Hearts microfiber blaket! I ove them 3nodding Especially original AiW!!
OH! and if you go to youtube in type in Alice Return to Maddness in the search you can see a couple different trailers for it! They're wicked awsome!! blaugh

"Doors have locks, locks need keys, which you don't have! Let's hope the doors are open!"

Oh yeah, and gameplay footage. I posted links on my blog the day it was released. smile

"I've never trusted toadstools, but I suppose some must have their good points."  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:38 pm
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

Oh yeah, and gameplay footage. I posted links on my blog the day it was released. smile

"I've never trusted toadstools, but I suppose some must have their good points."

ooo! gotta see gameplay clips blaugh

"Were you impolite at table? Did you slurp your tea? Or talk while chewing? Confess your crime."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:11 am
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

"Were you impolite at table? Did you slurp your tea? Or talk while chewing? Confess your crime."

Yeah, I haven't found anything that shows a lot of what the new game will look like but from what I have seen it looks pretty amazing.

"Doors have locks, locks need keys which 'you' don't have. Let us hope the doors are open."  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:19 am
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

Yeah, I haven't found anything that shows a lot of what the new game will look like but from what I have seen it looks pretty amazing.

"Doors have locks, locks need keys which 'you' don't have. Let us hope the doors are open."

Oh! Did you see the IGN gameplay on youtube?

{Hee Hee I already used that qoute rofl }

"I'm afraid I have to expel a rather ferocious hairball. You're on your own, girl."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:24 am
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

"I'm afraid I have to expel a rather ferocious hairball. You're on your own, girl."

Yeah, I found it on the related videos with the trailer.

Man, I was being so careful. *considers making checklist*

"Meta-Essence is the life-force of Wonderland. That of your enemies is especially potent. Collect what you can. Use it wisely."  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:27 am
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

"Meta-Essence is the life-force of Wonderland. That of your enemies is especially potent. Collect what you can. Use it wisely."

LOL! That's exactly how I found it too rofl
"Please don't dawdle, Alice! We're very late, indeed!"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:30 am
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

smile Amazing.

I see we're switching characters now... that makes things a bit simpler.

"You're very cold-blooded for a mammal. I was almost soup!"  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:35 am
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

smile Amazing.

LOL! Well we went through practically all of Chess's good lines xd

"You've gone quite mangy, cat... but your grin's a comfort."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:52 am
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

smile Amazing.

Just about. XD

" The uninformed must improve their deficit or die."  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:56 am
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

smile Amazing.

Just about. XD

10char! LOL!

"Come closer my little chick . . . mmmm properly seasoned you'd make a handsome dish!"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:16 am
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

smile Amazing.

Just about. XD

10char! LOL!

"Come closer my little chick . . . mmmm properly seasoned you'd make a handsome dish!"

XD. So I'm taking a writing class and we have to do an adaptation of something, I was thinking about using this game. I have to make it my own though, so I was thinking about either taking the same clips from one character (other than Alice) and stringing them together as a story by filling in the gaps, or taking a section from the game and do a first person narrative as Alice. I would use the same imagery and dialogue but I could get more emotion from inside her head I think. Opinions?

"To the royal guards of this realm, we are all victims-in-waiting."  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:53 am
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

smile Amazing.

Just about. XD

10char! LOL!

XD. So I'm taking a writing class and we have to do an adaptation of something, I was thinking about using this game. I have to make it my own though, so I was thinking about either taking the same clips from one character (other than Alice) and stringing them together as a story by filling in the gaps, or taking a section from the game and do a first person narrative as Alice. I would use the same imagery and dialogue but I could get more emotion from inside her head I think. Opinions?

Hmmm . . . I'd suggest doing it from Alice's point of view! Its sorta easier to get in her head xd (no pun intended) Also since you know her current situatuin (parents being dead) you can elaborate on that more too!

"Only a few find the way, some dont recognize it when they do, some don't ever want to . . ."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:53 pm
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

smile Amazing.

Just about. XD

10char! LOL!

Hmmm . . . I'd suggest doing it from Alice's point of view! Its sorta easier to get in her head xd (no pun intended) Also since you know her current situatuin (parents being dead) you can elaborate on that more too!

"Only a few find the way, some dont recognize it when they do, some don't ever want to . . ."

It would be easier.... and why make it harder than I have to right? Thanks. smile

"Only the foolish believe that suffering is just wages for being different."  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

ll Fatal Charades ll

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:56 pm
I heart heart heart the first one soooooo much! I'm getting the second one for xmas. I'm super excited to play it FINALLY. I've watched walkthroughs on youtube and it looks really awesome. emotion_awesome  
All In the Golden Afternoon

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff