Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Under the Night Sky (Echo's Song and Dradneos) [FIN] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:56 pm
He was so comfortable. And at a peace. The stallion stirred with a grunt. He looked around blurried eyed until he saw Echo. He watched her for a moment before nuzzling her neck.

"What is it Echo?"" he asked, not noticing when he called her by her real name instead of Little Mouse. He smelled fear... and anxiety in her, and wanted to know why.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:40 am
Echo glanced surprised at Dradneos as he awoke. She assumed that the stallion must have been caught offguard as he hadn't addressed her as "Little Mouse" but by her real name. Taken aback by this the mare was silent for a moment before her train of thought came back. How would Drad react to her fears? There was only one way to find out. Taking a deep breath Echo spoke softly.

"I think I understand your need to expand your family as much as you can but there is something that distresses me. You may have already figured out that you are not the first stallion I've been with. From previous meetings you've seen the other side of my family line. I was blessed with two children. With you I have been gifted with two sons and a daughter. Whatever comes next will be my last chance at more children. I am worried about what happens after that. Will I still have any value to you?"

The last phrase hitched in Echo's throat as she stared intently at Drad ... watching for any reactions. Had she said too much?

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:04 pm
Dradneos watched her as she spoke, taking her in. She'd given him one set of wonderful foals, and would again. He had figured she was coming past her prime, in all truth, but hadn't quite thought about it. His father had had all his children with his mother, though where those siblings were Drad didn't know. His father had stayed with his mare through the end, from what Drad saw. So he had already planned on staying with Echo's Song. There was no choice.

But...

What to do about his last chance? He had to continue his line, to the most he could. If it meant he had to go find another mare for that one event... he would have to.

It was something he -had- to do. The part of his heart who loved Echo, however, rejected this, saying it shouldn't matter because he loved Echo and no one else would be his "Little Mouse."

What to do?

In his musings, he almost didn't realize Echo was waiting for an answer until a while later. The stallion blinked and shook his head, focusing on the mare he'd claimed. He chose his words carefully.

"You will have value to me, Echo's Song. You are "Little Mouse" and my family only ever has one "Little Mouse". However... I do have to continue my line... eventually. I have to. But... you'll always be mine Echo. Mine." He emphasised his point by nipping at her neck gently. He nuzzled her cheek.

"Will you... be alright with that? You'll never have to see the wench or the other foals if you don't want to. Its just... an impulse my father ground into me. I'm... sorry." For the first time, he sounded incredibly humane and incredibly "normal" and just a sad stallion.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:41 pm
Echo had said her piece quite bluntly. It was an emotional speech and she knew that now her world hinged on Dradneos's reply. Silence ringed the clearing as the mare watched her stallion with something almost akin to fear reflecting in her eyes. Why hadn't he said anything yet? Was her assumption right? Should she leave while she could?

Just as she was losing the rest of her composure the silence was broken as Dradneos began to speak. Echo's gaze locked onto Dradneos as the words he spoke sunk into her mind and pierced her soul. The mare understood that there was always a chance that Dradneos would feel compelled to spread his line out after her - but the thought of another mare taking her place -albeit briefly- with Dradneos caused a sharp pain to go through her. Perhaps being honest with Drad would be alright. The n** that Drad placed on her neck was that of possession and it also gave Echo the strength to speak.

"The thought of another hurts in all honesty. I am glad though to know that I am not looking at a lifetime alone after you."

Echo sighed softly as the rest of Drad's speech registered.

"I know that you give me the option of not having to see the other that you will choose or any offspring that will come from that meeting. But even though the foals will be a reminder - I think I'd like to see them at least once. It'd be hard I think. But I can do it."

With that said Echo gave Drad a long searching look and noted his expression before nuzzling him with a tenderness that she didn't know she had in her.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:07 am
Drad nodded, returning the nod. "Thank you, Echo." He was a bit of a loss at what to do now, given that the mare had brought a nicer side of him, that he didn't know he had. His heart swelled and he cuddled up next to Echo and took in her warmth.

"You really are.. a wonderful mare, Echo's Song."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:59 pm
Echo let Drad's compliment wash over her as she tried to let go of the anxiety that had gripped her earlier. Now that she knew where she stood in Dradneos's life the feeling of being wanted and cherished - even by one such as the stallion beside her made her feel complete. The future was something that she could look forward to again. She let her head rest on Drad's flank as she murmured a quiet "thank you." Her eyes closed soon after.

Time had a way of passing by unnoticed. When Echo opened her eyes again weak sunlight filtered in through the thicket's walls. The feeling of a body next to her made Echo grin mischievously before she raised her head and reached over to tug at Drad's tangled locks of his mane. Something about the night before had freed a new side for the mare. One that was slightly carefree. Leaning forward Echo spoke softly into Dradneos's ear. She didn't know if he'd be coherent enough to hear what she said but it didn't deter her decision.

"Thank you ... for everything,"
with that spoken Echo's voice got a little louder, "I think it time for us to rise and shine."

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:13 pm
The bleary eyed stallion groaned as his hair was tugged. But he so cherished sleep! It was the one time he didn't have to live up to the expectations of his father and could just be himself. He rolled his head and squeezed his eyes shut. On any other day, what came out of his mouth would have not bothered him. But with the mare who was slowly becoming the love of his life next to him, it was not okay.

"Mommy... make Daddy stop making me terrorize Sissy! I love sissy and donwanna hurt her! Mommy please!"

Definitely not okay.

His ears registered the words... and the fact that he had just talked over a very very female voice. The appendages snapped up right, swiveling. His eyes flew open and he stared at Echo for a moment, before looking away in embarrassment and shame.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:43 pm
What was this? Echo stared in confusion at the words that came from Dradneos before he glanced at her and turned away. The mare paused and silently recalled what had been said before letting a stunned look appear on her face. Apparently this was a memory from long ago that had surfaced and going from Dradneos's reaction ... he wasn't proud of it.

Letting silence fill the thicket once more Echo tried to work out just what to do about this. It was apparent that talking would probably be useless but would it be too much to try and see what was wrong? With a slow motion the mare sighed before nudging at Drad's side.

"I can't begin to fathom what that was about but if you want to talk about it ... I will listen."

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:27 pm
No. No. No.

She would not know. She couldn't know. Not that. Not what his father did to him... Did to Duskai. Not that. Never that.

He shook his head venomously and lurched to his feet. "No." The word was full of venom, and force, and hate, but not to Echo. It was to his father. A stallion he would never see again. Because he would not allow it.

He passed around the clearing, clearly agitated. Now he wanted to go screw with someone's head. Or mess with someone. Or get into a fight. Just to get out his aggression.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:44 pm
Shrinking back against one side of the thicket Echo watched as Dradneos lurched to his feet with an angry exclamation. What was going on? This was definitely not a good thing after having such an understanding from the night/morning earlier. The mare had no idea on what to do next. It was clear that whatever her suggestion of talking it over was not taken in the best light. Clearly she had to try and make things right. her voice was timid as she spoke.

"Dradneos. Whatever I said - I apologize. It's not my intention to pry. Please ... calm down."

It probably wasn't the wisest move but Echo moved directly into Dradneos's path. She braced her footing for any possible impact before waiting. She didn't like to see her stallion like this ... angry and upset.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:23 pm
He snorted, shaking out his head and mane. He was agitated and need to release his anger. He paused as Echo stepped into his path and almost snorted at her. Drad watched her for a moment, eyes hard. Part of him wanted to reprimand his wench from getting the way. Part of him wanted to hurt her. Part of him wanted to destroy her like Duskai.

Duskai. Duskai... NO

His mind rejected all forms of impact on Echo and he let out the loudest sound he could. The stallion's shoulder and neck sagged, a tiredness falling over him.

"Sorry... Echo..." he said tiredly, looking at her through his bangs. The mare had seen him at his worse (or almost his worse) and now there was no real barrier between them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:52 pm
Echo let out a small sound as Dradneos's motion stopped right before colliding with her. The mare still couldn't fathom want was going on in Drad's mind but it was a relief that he was at least talking with her again. Still, something seemed to be troubling him. Not a Soquili to pry that much after being told that it wasn't welcome Echo moved to lean against Drad.

He would talk if he wanted, but the mare wasn't going to push him to. That would just cause conflict that would undo all that she'd managed to achieve lately. For now it was best to just be there.

"I apologize too Drad. It's not my job to pry into the life that you had lived. I have my secrets too and so I know that it's not always easy to divulge them to others. Just know that if you need to talk ... I can listen."

With that Echo's Song let her leaning contact strengthen against Drad's side in silence.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:24 pm
He nuzzled her neck before slipping away from her. He didn't give her much to go on, simply saying, "Stay here so I know where you are. I'll be back before sundown." and he slipped into the trees, his dark form disappearing almost instantly.

Once a fair distance away, he broke into a run, wanting to be as far away from Echo when he fell back to the darkness in his heart as he possibly could.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:35 pm
Echo nodded silently to Dradneos's odd request before watching the stallion depart. Still uneasy about the exchange that had occurred the mare sighed softly before wondering when Drad would return. Mentally she went over the conversation as it happened before shaking her head. It was a futile gesture. She just didn't know enough about her stallion to figure out what was going through his mind at the moment.

Waiting at the mouth of the thicket the mare lipped at a few blades of hardy grass before retreating into the safety of the enclosure. Dradneos told her to wait ... so wait she would. With the sounds of nature outside the thicket heralding the morning Echo let her eyes drift close. Her ears swiveled back and forth with every snap of a twig or bird call. Opening her eyes again the mare sighed before raising her head. Her gaze focused on the entrance to the thicket ... and she waited. Already Echo knew that sleep would not come to her while Drad was gone. In her heart she knew that he would return.

[[FIN]]  

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash