Lolitas Depicted In The Media Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like seeing lolita on TV?
  Yes, it's awesome!
  It's okay if they do it right.
  Not really, I don't want it to become mainstream! (outside Japan)
  NUUUUU!!!!! $%&*!@
View Results

A Doll Named Mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:19 pm
Princess of Rhymes
Does anyone have a link for the Bones episode?

I can't find it up free-game anywhere, but you can torrent it if you're okay with that sort of thing. Don't trust the tinyurls that the youtube teasers feature. (the "youtube deleted this episode, click here to watch it" links) Personally, I advise buying a boxed set, it's a good series.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:20 pm
Lafu
A Doll Named Mouse
the black heart inertia video your link goes to was taken down. how bout the vevo one? ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1e4nIxSVUk

Fix'd. It's hard for me to tell because they all geo block me XD even that one ;A; but i'll take your word on that it works.

that sucks. sad and yeah, it's working.  

A Doll Named Mouse

Lafu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:21 pm
there are megavideo links of that episode on tvshack (dot) net. I'd link directly too it but I'm pretty sure it's against the TOS.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 am
The Black Heart Inertia video.... Mel Brooks is in it..... confused
Did anybody else notice that?
Anyway I love that song. Incubus FTW.  

MissLavenda

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:46 pm
LavanderLoli
Really? I missed that...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:30 pm
Kittywitch
LavanderLoli
Really? I missed that...

He's in the video towards the beginning, it zooms in on his face. He's got a mustache and he's wearing glasses, kind of frowning, and is wearing a bowler hat (I believe).  

MissLavenda

MissLavenda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:34 pm
That was a good episode of bones, by the way. It was hard to hear, but Booth actually called the lolitas "amalolis" before he called them sweet Lolitas. That made me smile on the inside (Booth knowing about Japanese countercultures? Hehehe...)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:36 pm
I'm not sure if this was on the list or not yet, but did you put the Paramore video on there where the lead singer is wearing a bodyline dress? I think I recall hearing about that video somewhere else on this forum? I dont know what the song is called.

Also, in America's Next Top Model season 3 I believe they go to Japan and have to go on "Go-see's" and have to put together Harajuku looks which involve them going around to lolita shops and interacting with other lolitas.  

vampiredroid

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hunter 50

Lafu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:16 am
vampiredroid
I'm not sure if this was on the list or not yet, but did you put the Paramore video on there where the lead singer is wearing a bodyline dress? I think I recall hearing about that video somewhere else on this forum? I dont know what the song is called.

Also, in America's Next Top Model season 3 I believe they go to Japan and have to go on "Go-see's" and have to put together Harajuku looks which involve them going around to lolita shops and interacting with other lolitas.

I'll look into both and when I find the exact MV and episode I'll add them to the list ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:04 pm
Whoa, that's quite a list. I haven't seen lolita except for in anime. :O  

animelover357

7,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100

Lunacy Savage Dream

Man-Hungry Prophet

14,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:01 am
personally, the only reason i don't want mass media coverage of lolita is because it always gets misinterpreted and then some weirdos end up making us all look bad (seen it firsthand).

i just wish people wouldn't be so impulsive when trying something like a lifestyle (namely lolita)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:29 am
emilee autumn does a song called GOthic Lolita
but its really about when she was raped as a kid stare idk  

science fiction is real

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:54 am
vampiredroid

I loved that episode and I LOVED their final photo shoots. I was super jealous. o.o  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:13 pm
Alpha Drug
vampiredroid

I loved that episode and I LOVED their final photo shoots. I was super jealous. o.o
I hated that episode because the girl who should have one the go-sees didn't because she was to old. The others had outfits that no one in my house liked and in my view did not grasp the idea of the style they needed. The challenge was for lolita because that was the example that they had shown them but a lot of the girls did not understand what lolita was.  

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Raspberry Panic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:27 pm
i dont think i like lolita in the media; its ok i feel if it gets popularized by word of mouth but the media leaves move chances to present lolita in the right way. i mean look at what jessica simson did to lolita's lovely name?  
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff