Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply The Mouseia: ART AND STORIES
Ancient Greek Clothing and Fashion Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

olddaysgone

4,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:47 pm
Aphrodite Philopannyx
saga576
Aphrodite should sport a bikini! that would be awesome! biggrin

Swimsuits are... appropriate attire for me... but back in those days we didn't wear much to swim... lol

redface  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:09 am
I wasnt awear you wore much even when you werent swimming aphrodite... lol! mrgreen
its not a bad thing though, you are ahead of your times in some respects, the 1960's must have been heaven for you. 3nodding
Just that most traditional pictures of you show you as the one of the only goddess' ever portaryed as naked. sweatdrop  

Philo_Clio

4,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Lenimph

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:27 pm
history goddess
I wasnt awear you wore much even when you werent swimming aphrodite... lol! mrgreen
its not a bad thing though, you are ahead of your times in some respects, the 1960's must have been heaven for you. 3nodding
Just that most traditional pictures of you show you as the one of the only goddess' ever portaryed as naked. sweatdrop

I wasnt completely naked; I wore jewelry...

And yes the 1960's was alot of fun... The philosphies of the time really did agree with my own... I really miss the body painting and the suburban swingers...
Dionysus, Apollo and I even went to Woodstock ( I only stayed for one day though, I couldn't stand the smell...)  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:37 pm
Aphrodite Philopannyx
saga576
Aphrodite should sport a bikini! that would be awesome! biggrin

Swimsuits are... appropriate attire for me... but back in those days we didn't wear much to swim... lol

Oh really...? razz  

joshleal

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200

Akherontis
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:34 pm
The first post has been updated with the first article: the Khiton. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:03 pm
Its funny, I mostly see these in Assassin's Creed games. With farmers and a couple mailmen. (which I kill for gold, or steal... mostly kill)
But it also reminds me of the descriptions of Noah, Moses, Adam and Ever after they left the garden. And a few biblical characters.  

Melios the Hoplite

10,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

olddaysgone

4,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:05 pm
LOVE IT!
i always wonder how you could you maake the avatars like that
can you tell me how?  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:06 pm
Melios the Hoplite
Its funny, I mostly see these in Assassin's Creed games. With farmers and a couple mailmen. (which I kill for gold, or steal... mostly kill)
But it also reminds me of the descriptions of Noah, Moses, Adam and Ever after they left the garden. And a few biblical characters.

I think you're mixing up the Greek Khiton with the Italian, Hellenistically influenced Tunica, worn with the Toga.

As for Abrahamic apparel, we don't know what they wore, but most of the artwork we see of them is from the Renaissance period, which portrayed all it's subjects in classical attire, however ahistorical.  

Akherontis
Captain

Melios the Hoplite

10,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:07 pm
Akherontis
Melios the Hoplite

I think you're mixing up the Greek Khiton with the Italian, Hellenistically influenced Tunica, worn with the Toga.

As for Abrahamic apparel, we don't know what they wore, but most of the artwork we see of them is from the Renaissance period, which portrayed all it's subjects in classical attire, however ahistorical.

Yeah but they look similar to me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:09 pm
saga576
LOVE IT!
i always wonder how you could you maake the avatars like that
can you tell me how?

Pixel by pixel. gonk  

Akherontis
Captain

The Mouseia: ART AND STORIES

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items