Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Instead of ... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:14 pm
YuriOfSexyland DIMD
Why allow religion to take away our rights as Americans and human beings in general?

Why don't we "play nice"?

Because it is far better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

-sorry-

I didn't know the "actual" definition for "preach"
I was thinking of the defintion of the the proselytizing word.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:17 pm
Revolutionary Justice
LimeIzMyFaveColor
I don't think that we should preach Atheism. We just have to tolerate other people.

Why shouldn't atheism be preached? You're telling me we have Christians in the world who would have Israel in a perpetual state of war because they think it will bring the end-times closer and you think Atheists should just live to "tolerate other people". I'm not saying we should try and force people to be atheist, but there is definitely dangerous elements in religions worldwide which the atheist community can not just sit idly by and try to tolerate and expect things to just deal themselves out, especially when these religious ideals reach huge amounts of people.

Yeah, go ahead and preach. I'm glad "Question the Answer" gave me the actual definition. I was walking out of Marshall and encountered this man who was selling gospel rap. He asked me if I was interested. I told him no I'm not a christian. He asked me what was my belief. I told him that I was a humanist. And then he talked me about how he's a real christian and blablabla and that there is sin and that evolution was a weak theory. I told him that I respected his beliefs, but I still have my own beliefs that I cling on. He was talking me for like idk it seemed like forever. He didn't mean to but he sounded offensive to me.  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:07 am
User Image

I usually don't initiate a conversation made of religious debates. If it comes up, I'll join in the discussion, but if not, then I don't mention it.

I do sometimes admit in front of people that I'm an atheist, but that's about it. I don't keep on talking about how I'm so proud that I'm an atheist because that makes me "smarter" and not "ignorant bigots" and that "everyone who believes in God must be a moron". No. That is just rude and offensive and immature and stupid.

User Image

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces