Christianity... is it being divided? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:01 pm
Luthien_Shy
The verses that I had posted talk about lustful relationships between people of the same sex. If that's not homosexuality I don't know what is.

Oh, it is, but that's not the sin being addressed. It's... complex. I can't go into detail in this thread since there are guild rules against this discussion, but I suggest you do some research. Don't believe people who say "This is true, trust me on this." and actually reason it out for yourself. It's not nearly as simple as it looks.

Luthien_Shy
I guess I haven't been explaining myself all that well, I'm sorry. I've been trying to say that science can't explain all of how we got here. They get about as far as "The Big Bang" theory and are pretty much stuck.

For some, like myself, I believe that the big bang was actually the action that God took in creating the world and us.

But that's just the God of the gaps. You're taking something we don't understand yet and shoving God in there. It's been done time and time again, and simply leads to a shrinking God as we learn more and more.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:24 pm
I don't take peoples "trust me on this" unless they can prove their findings. I'm not going to continue debating this one, it seems we don't agree on this and I respect that.  

Luthien_Shy

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:44 pm
Sinner
But that's just the God of the gaps. You're taking something we don't understand yet and shoving God in there. It's been done time and time again, and simply leads to a shrinking God as we learn more and more.

I find that it actually makes God greater in my opinion, the more I understand about the scientific workings of things. I mean, any schmoe and just be all-powerful and work up some miracle. But systematic manipulation of things at a molecular level for millenia? Much cooler.

Of course, that could be my near-pathological manipulation of people talking. So don't assume I'm any-where near a normal christian.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:06 am
Edit: So who else thinks that all Americans are going to lose their freedoms?  

Curium

Sinner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:16 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
I find that it actually makes God greater in my opinion, the more I understand about the scientific workings of things. I mean, any schmoe and just be all-powerful and work up some miracle. But systematic manipulation of things at a molecular level for millenia? Much cooler.

Of course, that could be my near-pathological manipulation of people talking. So don't assume I'm any-where near a normal christian.

Cooler, maybe. But it's still the same old fallacy.

Curium
So, who else thinks that America is headed down a road from which it can not return?

That's completely meaningless. All countries are always headed down a road from which they cannot truly return.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:28 am
Sinner
Cometh The Inquisitor

Curium
So, who else thinks that America is headed down a road from which it can not return?

That's completely meaningless. All countries are always headed down a road from which they cannot truly return.

i edited my last post...is that better?  

Curium

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:53 pm
Sinner

Eh, the only thing that stops me from being an atheist is my blind faith.

Quote:

I'd disagree. France went back to basically how it started after it's revolution happened (what with the intervention policy of the other european nations).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:41 pm
Quote:

Well... yeah. Durr.

Although there's plenty of blind faith over on our side too. We just put it in other stuff. (ex: Hey, maybe the Democrats will win next time!)

Cometh The Inquisitor
I'd disagree. France went back to basically how it started after it's revolution happened (what with the intervention policy of the other european nations).

While there are plenty of similarities to go around, things are always different. If you actually want to take this thing seriously, we'd have to determine what constitutes a "road", yadda yadda yadda...

But why take something so ridiculous as "headed down a road from which they cannot truly return" seriously? It's just more poorly-thought-out silliness.  

Sinner

Curium

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:03 pm
Sinner
Quote:

Well... yeah. Durr.

Although there's plenty of blind faith over on our side too. We just put it in other stuff. (ex: Hey, maybe the Democrats will win next time!)

Cometh The Inquisitor

While there are plenty of similarities to go around, things are always different. If you actually want to take this thing seriously, we'd have to determine what constitutes a "road", yadda yadda yadda...

But why take something so ridiculous as "headed down a road from which they cannot truly return" seriously? It's just more poorly-thought-out silliness.

i edited my post if you would care to reread it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:25 am
Okay, umm I just want t say, that the fact and term of "road" would be symblized as the path it follows in its decisions(maker of post correct me if Im wrong), as in America...wait...all of the countries are shoving down a lane thy cant cash...in Iran for example they are once again beggining the construction of Nuclear Weapons...they want to destroy all of Israel (NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! no I dont live there but yea still NOOO) okay, their version of the messiahs said that he would spread around the world and bring repention upon all and then bring total judgement(sounds like us aye?) anyway, I think the goverment misunderstoos what that meant. they were going to destroy...all of...Christianity, the fact that they attack America is discomceeive since America is mixed, but they will attack Israel...I have no clue how someone could misunderstand a text so dramitaclly. but once again the goverment is gonna(excuse the language) make s**t out of everything and gonna attack out of blind fury and reasons, now Israel and Europe are in trouble, the funny thing is that it spoke of this in the Bible...so yea, anyway, it also says that the true followers of God in his lands will be forsaken and saved. So I think despite the numbers Israel will pull through, everyone Expect something, be ready for Nuclear activity, if were lucky, it wont be this year...but it will happen, it states it in the Bible
P.S: yes I did watch the 700 club today ^^  

Alchem_DeRogue

Curium

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:52 pm
Alchem_DeRogue
Okay, umm I just want t say, that the fact and term of "road" would be symblized as the path it follows in its decisions(maker of post correct me if Im wrong), as in America...wait...all of the countries are shoving down a lane thy cant cash...in Iran for example they are once again beggining the construction of Nuclear Weapons...they want to destroy all of Israel (NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! no I dont live there but yea still NOOO) okay, their version of the messiahs said that he would spread around the world and bring repention upon all and then bring total judgement(sounds like us aye?) anyway, I think the goverment misunderstoos what that meant. they were going to destroy...all of...Christianity, the fact that they attack America is discomceeive since America is mixed, but they will attack Israel...I have no clue how someone could misunderstand a text so dramitaclly. but once again the goverment is gonna(excuse the language) make s**t out of everything and gonna attack out of blind fury and reasons, now Israel and Europe are in trouble, the funny thing is that it spoke of this in the Bible...so yea, anyway, it also says that the true followers of God in his lands will be forsaken and saved. So I think despite the numbers Israel will pull through, everyone Expect something, be ready for Nuclear activity, if were lucky, it wont be this year...but it will happen, it states it in the Bible

Where in the Bible does it mention Nuclear War and Europe being in trouble?? Could you quote me specific verses?? Or did you just hear this on the 700 club??? I want some evidence!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:24 pm
Curium
Edit: So who else thinks that all Americans are going to lose their freedoms?

That's ridiculous and barely worth addressing. The rights of Americans are in danger of being infringed upon, but that's absurd.  

Sinner

Alchem_DeRogue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:55 pm
Curium
Alchem_DeRogue

Where in the Bible does it mention Nuclear War and Europe being in trouble?? Could you quote me specific verses?? Or did you just hear this on the 700 club??? I want some evidence!!

Read the Revelations, the warnings of the apocalypse, and the Prophets, then Exodus....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:56 pm
Alchem_DeRogue
Read the Revelations, the warnings of the apocalypse, and the Prophets, then Exodus....

Umm, dude; I've read Revalations and I don't know what you're talking about.  

ioioouiouiouio

Curium

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:20 pm
Alchem_DeRogue
Curium
Alchem_DeRogue

I've read Revelation..several times, in fact. I know for a fact that there is no mention of Nuclear War, nor is there any mention of Europe. I have also read Exodus and a few of the Prophets' books. None of them mention a Nuclear War. If I am missing something, could you please tell me the verses that the people from the 700 club read this all from???  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff