Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ My Japan 私の日本 ~

Back to Guilds

A guild for anybody and everybody who loves any aspect about Japan! 

Tags: japan, language, anime, fashion, manga 

Reply ~ My Japan 私の日本 ~
Underrated Anime & Manga Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinesman Assemble!
  Shinesman Red!
  Shinesman Moss Green!
  Shinesman Grey!
  Shinesman Sepia!
  Shinesman Salmon Pink!
  Who the heck are the Shinesman?! o_o
View Results

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:14 pm
And another goodie:
Manga: MARS by Fuyumi Soryo

Description: HERE

User Image

So I really like this manga because it's not so typical. The characters really have great personalities and have a raw edginess to them. There were a lot of twists in the plot and had me guessing during some of the problems and mysteries. It's a psychological kinda of manga that goes into the minds of characters that are greatly disturbed and distressed, but at the same time there's romance and humor. And the art has a sktetch style to it, but with structure. If you love a bad boy, this one would be good to read.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:17 pm

ooooo! Love Mars! Have to find more volumes though...

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:42 am
mugoi_usagi

Yay~! You know about the series! heart It's so good! Though I will admit, it must be hard to collect the manga now. ^^; I was lucky enough to have bought them as they came out, so I have them all...but yeah. Which one are you on? :3  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:25 pm
Abiding Angel
mugoi_usagi

Yay~! You know about the series! heart It's so good! Though I will admit, it must be hard to collect the manga now. ^^; I was lucky enough to have bought them as they came out, so I have them all...but yeah. Which one are you on? :3

That's a good question. I'm still early in the series. I think on volume 4 or 5. I've found them on Amazon for cheap. All used copies. Once I have more spare money I'll get more. ^_^ I started reading it when it came out but then wasn't able to borrow them anymore and when I finally got to buying them they were hard to find.

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:58 pm
mugoi_usagi
Abiding Angel
mugoi_usagi

That's a good question. I'm still early in the series. I think on volume 4 or 5. I've found them on Amazon for cheap. All used copies. Once I have more spare money I'll get more. ^_^ I started reading it when it came out but then wasn't able to borrow them anymore and when I finally got to buying them they were hard to find.

Yeah, that's the tricky things about manga. If you don't get them around the time of their release they kinda disappear. <_<; Any way, I hope you find them soon! Maybe you can find them online?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:48 am
Abiding Angel
mugoi_usagi
Abiding Angel
mugoi_usagi

Yeah, that's the tricky things about manga. If you don't get them around the time of their release they kinda disappear. <_<; Any way, I hope you find them soon! Maybe you can find them online?

Maybe. I don't think I'll have too much trouble, but I do hope it doesn't wind up like Clover (Clamp) and costing $80+ per manga. That one was SUPER rare.

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100

thegoatzodiac

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:15 am
@Angel: I read Mars! I loved it so much. Unfortunately, my sis (who has the volumes I read) didn't have the last volume, so I need to find that...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:02 pm
I'm adding MARS to my list of to read. <3
It seems really interesting. You guys have really good taste in mangas.
Naruto is good but IT IS OVERATED. D;
The "Kobato" looks like it has really good art so I'm going to look out for that one.

Here are my reccomendations:

User Image

Dengeki Daisy: "Before his death, Teru's brother gave her a phone as a present, which was connected to Daisy. Daisy is a person who replaces him and is always by Teru's side whenever she needs it, just through the phone. High school life sure is hard, but Teru keeps going on because she knows that Daisy will always watch over her. One day, due to an incident, Teru ends up working as a servant for the school janitor, Kurosaki. Inspite of appearance, this scoundrel is not as bad a he seems." This manga is so adorable, you'll never be able to put it away...because I didn't. o_o;

User Image

Paradise Kiss: Very pretty art here (; If you read NANA, this one is a good read for you. Not so sure how to summarize this but here I go: There's a normal student named Yukari who is very obedient. When she meets George, Miwako, Isabella, and the rest of the fashion industry groupies, she becomes their model. This is a tale of coming of age sorts/romance as Yukari, renamed Caroline becomes a model and her relationship with George indfluences her growth as a woman. Awesome read (;

User Image

Chrono Crusade: This one is a MUST read. Well, I recommend watching the anime first though. Truly unforgetabble. The Rosette & Chrono had the sweetest relationship ever. It's just so genuine. The story is about a religous group called the Magdalen Order which fights demons. The story takes place around 1920s. Chrono is a demon specially accepted in the group. Search for the summaries because I obviously suck at these. THIS ONE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. <3

x1Bella1x

x1Bella1x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:20 pm
Oh shoot.
How do you make images smaller? Tehe .__.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:57 am

the easiest way is to save them to your own photobucket then resize them on photobucket using their edit tools. Also, your last picture isn't showing up.

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100

x1Bella1x

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:37 am
Thank You. n.n <3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:04 pm
mugoi_usagi
Abiding Angel
mugoi_usagi
Abiding Angel
mugoi_usagi

Maybe. I don't think I'll have too much trouble, but I do hope it doesn't wind up like Clover (Clamp) and costing $80+ per manga. That one was SUPER rare.

$80?! D: Crazy.  

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:06 pm
TheGoatZodiac
@Angel: I read Mars! I loved it so much. Unfortunately, my sis (who has the volumes I read) didn't have the last volume, so I need to find that...

Yes~! Definitely look for it, made my heart race. Or are you talking about the bonus manga? Any way, I'd recommend an online site for it, I can't seem to find one that has MARS.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:11 pm
@: x1Bella1x
Yes, Naruto is good but overrated and over popularized.

Dengeki Daisy does look cute. I like the artwork.

I've always wanted to get into Paradise Kiss, so I think I'll take a look when I have the chance.

And Chrono Crusade looks good too. I heard it was pretty good, from a few friends, but I never have time for it lately. LOL.

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:17 pm
Abiding Angel
@: x1Bella1x
Yes, Naruto is good but overrated and over popularized.

Dengeki Daisy does look cute. I like the artwork.

I've always wanted to get into Paradise Kiss, so I think I'll take a look when I have the chance.

And Chrono Crusade looks good too. I heard it was pretty good, from a few friends, but I never have time for it lately. LOL.

For some reason Clover 1 was much much more expensive than the other three volumes. It went for around $80 while the others went for $20 or less.

Para kiss is awesome!! I'd totally recommend both the manga and the anime. The anime has good theme music.

And Chrono Crusade is super good. I've seen the anime but not the manga. It's a beautiful story though. ^_^ (That's also where I got the name for my ball joint doll! XD )

~ My Japan 私の日本 ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff