Anyone else think it's bad the Revo downplays graphics? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graphics?
  Yay!
  Tch, only Microsoft fanboys needs ~those~
  Well at least the console looks pretty..
  i r poll whor
View Results

N t e r

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:16 pm
Lets take this whole issue apart. I think I'll sorta prove that graphics aren't everything in this post. o.O;

American Market:
1st - Playstation2 (worst graphics)
2nd - Xbox (Best graphics)
3rd - Gamecube (2nd best graphics)

1st - Nintendo DS & PlaystationPortable
(The Nintendo DS was actually doing better than the PSP for a few weeks.)

Nintendo DS (worst graphics)
PSP (best graphics)

Leading me to conclude something that is already obvious.
It isn't about graphics but the quality of games. As most of us know the DS had a slow start with it's game library, but soon enough games started coming out more and more. (I've probably seen more DS games with better reviews than PSP games.)

We all know that the PS2 has the largest library in the current-gen cycle. Any kind of game from cute and cuddly to gorey and controversial.

And we all know that although most games for the DS don't really use the Touch Screen all that great, they are sometimes the best ones for the DS.

(I'm probably just saying what has already been said. rolleyes )

So, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GAMES!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:34 am
Wait....so now Nter agrees with me? or something?

...maybe I wasn't that clear.... sweatdrop  

TurMacar

ayukichan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:06 pm
Honestly X360 games don't look all that great. And what about the Revolution's supposed "displacement" graphics feature? I heard that it'll at least give Revolution a comparable performance..... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:43 pm
well, it's usually the most advertised, and we all know sony has been shoving it's ads down our throats. everywhere, on TV, on the internet, players guides, your favorite NON-gaming magazine, sony is throwing it's adds so much it's like they're using subliminal messaging to MAKE people buy their 3rd rate garbage.

last time I saw a device made by sony, it fell from the shelf without the shelf being touched and it BROKE, it was a controller, it fell off the shelf and BROKE. I wasnt blamed for it, so I wasnt charged.

Microsofts X360 to my record is large, clumsy, and overall NOISY, making it unsuitable for purchase, because if you wanna play a game in the dead of night, that hung of plastic is gonna make enough noise to call the cops(an assumed comparison), so it's nearly impossible to play when your family or friends are asleep.

the Nintendo Revolution is quiet, small, and otherwise revolutionary. thick as 3 DVD cases, plays Rev and GC games, and supports WiFi, and 4 player on console. if I play online I know I'll be tangling with someone in Japan. ^_^ the ultimate test of skill, I, THE INVINCIBLE RAPTOR 9:48, VS a gamer from Japan, birthplace of the video game.  

RAPTOR948

stythe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:08 am
I don't think so.
They said the Wii will be slightly more powerful graphically then the GC, and the GC was great.

Apparently it doesn't support HDTV either which is fine with me.
Xbox 360 supports HDTV, and that doesn't save half the games from sucking.
Not to mention a great majority of what sells on 360 is the arcade games, which all look like SNES games at best.

I'm just happy they will be focusing on different ways to keep games new.
I'm really getting tired of playing the same games with better graphics.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:43 am
RAPTOR948
well, it's usually the most advertised, and we all know sony has been shoving it's ads down our throats. everywhere, on TV, on the internet, players guides, your favorite NON-gaming magazine, sony is throwing it's adds so much it's like they're using subliminal messaging to MAKE people buy their 3rd rate garbage.

How is Sony making people buy there stuff? Are they coming to peoples houses and putting a gun to your head and threating you families or something? And the PS3 is obviously not third rate since its the best quality system of the three as far as specs go.

Quote:
last time I saw a device made by sony, it fell from the shelf without the shelf being touched and it BROKE, it was a controller, it fell off the shelf and BROKE. I wasnt blamed for it, so I wasnt charged.

I still have my first ps2 from a couple years ago working fine. It does have the occasion disc read errors, butit still works.

Quote:
Microsofts X360 to my record is large, clumsy, and overall NOISY, making it unsuitable for purchase, because if you wanna play a game in the dead of night, that hung of plastic is gonna make enough noise to call the cops(an assumed comparison), so it's nearly impossible to play when your family or friends are asleep.

The 360 is around the size of the PS2, which is not that big. The only thing clumsy about ti is the power box, which was made that way to keep the system from being huge, and its not really noisy. It makes some noise but when playing games it isnt noticable at all.  

Mr._Stabby

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:25 am
I couldnt give a s**t about the graphics, as long as the console kicks a**! it could be N64 graphics, use the Wiimote, and STILL KICK a**! I have faith in Nintendo.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:00 pm
I disagree, graphics are a very important part of a game. Its eye candy, yes, but it makes the game look better. I would NOT want to play super smash bros brawl with N64 graphics. Any game made on the Wii(not counting the downloadable games) that have graphics that look like they belong on the 64 are crap and was just complete laziness. And thats pretty much a fact.  

Mr._Stabby

Rockman JET

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:58 pm
Mr._Stabby
I disagree, graphics are a very important part of a game. Its eye candy, yes, but it makes the game look better. I would NOT want to play super smash bros brawl with N64 graphics. Any game made on the Wii(not counting the downloadable games) that have graphics that look like they belong on the 64 are crap and was just complete laziness. And thats pretty much a fact.

Riddle me this batman, If graphic are important so much how come some classic style games are greater then the now games?

In my opinion, graphics don't make the game succuessful, If that was the reason alot of games would be succuessful, in order to have a succuessful game you need good game play along with good controls and a good story line.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:10 pm
Rockman JET
Mr._Stabby

Riddle me this batman, If graphic are important so much how come some classic style games are greater then the now games?

In my opinion, graphics don't make the game succuessful, If that was the reason alot of games would be succuessful, in order to have a succuessful game you need good game play along with good controls and a good story line.

To answer the first question, is cause that was as far as they could get graphics back then. So they were good graphics, in it there own little way. 3nodding

And I never said that gamplay and a story line wernt important, its just that a lot of people are saying graphics arent important when they are a vital part to a game. Bad graphics in a game now a days is just laziness on the fault of the developers.  

Mr._Stabby

Nintendo Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces