Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplaying Outside of Cons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHUT?
  I'd do it too.
  Your gonna get a lot of stares.
  You crazy foo.
View Results

Casphar

Dapper Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:05 pm
My group and I cosplay at our High School football games, stores, theatres, parks, walking the streets, public places like school or work, practically anywhere. And even when we aren't wearing costumes, the character is stuck to our personalities like glue. - 3-  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:27 pm
A group of my freinds do a "cosplay friday" every other friday in which they wear cosplay to school. Yes, they do get strange looks, but I hang out with them, and pretty much every kid in my school is scared of me. (long story)

I wear a hat with fox ears and a fox tail (both neon orange) to school every single day. A couple guys were jerks about it, but I gave them my patented glare and they walked away. Now, I don't get a whole lot of comments.

One memorable time, we all decided to cosplay on the last day of school then walk down to the local park. I brought a fursuit partial (head, hands, tail) to wear. During advisory period (half and hour of nothing) I put it on and wandered the upper hall of my school waving at people and walking into the classrooms of teahcers I knew.

There are always going to be a couple jerkoffs that harass you. Our usually method is to act like they're complete morons and talk to them in idiot speak. (AKA, talk very slowly and use obvious answeres)  

exdraghunt

UkeSebastian

6,000 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:54 pm
I went to Publix ( Grocrey store were I live) Dressed as Inuyasha, I twas quiet funny because I was getting tons of stares and some one told me I was cute.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:13 pm
I will not if I use difficult costume
I only use my cosplay costume that suitable for daily cloth such as Gakuen School, my long coat from yasha cosplay. But not using fullaccesoris.
But outside con, I use it only for photo session. Like what I will do next Sunday with my Harukanaru Toki no naka de cosplay team. We will go to some garden and take photo shoot there. ^^  

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:16 pm
RikiLeaderOfBison
I went to Publix ( Grocrey store were I live) Dressed as Inuyasha, I twas quiet funny because I was getting tons of stares and some one told me I was cute.

Your avitar makes me extremely happy.

@exdraghunt
I would try to do that but its not always the easiest thing to do. With a school of about 3500+ students your get kind of outnumbered as a "weirdo".  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:42 am
Scientific_erotic

I would try to do that but its not always the easiest thing to do. With a school of about 3500+ students your get kind of outnumbered as a "weirdo".

Ur school allowed their student use costume at school ? 0.o wow. I will get warning if do that. ^^
Amazing courage if you do that ^^  

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:29 pm
shireishou
Scientific_erotic

Ur school allowed their student use costume at school ? 0.o wow. I will get warning if do that. ^^
Amazing courage if you do that ^^
Yeah we're allowed to wear pretty much anything as long as it stays in the school clothing laws. like doesn't show a lot of skin. I had a friend who was anthy from RGU one time. They said nothing about her not being able to wear the puffy skirt. XD

I just feel better not being harassed. I'm fine with it down town, I'm not there everyday and I don't know those people like I do the people at my school.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:12 am
Scientific_erotic
]Yeah we're allowed to wear pretty much anything as long as it stays in the school clothing laws. like doesn't show a lot of skin. I had a friend who was anthy from RGU one time. They said nothing about her not being able to wear the puffy skirt. XD

I just feel better not being harassed. I'm fine with it down town, I'm not there everyday and I don't know those people like I do the people at my school.

Hooooooooooo its cool able to cosplay at school

In college, most people here use Akatsuki coat. Umh.. or tenipuri jacket
I saw some one dye his hair like Hikaru from Hikaru no Go. Its surprissing me  

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:22 am
Well the only time I cosplay outside of a con is during other cosplay events but there is one time I went down to the store wearing my Kisuke Urahara hat, my nephew learned the hard way you don't dare Uncle Lone Wolf  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:27 pm
shireishou
Scientific_erotic
]Yeah we're allowed to wear pretty much anything as long as it stays in the school clothing laws. like doesn't show a lot of skin. I had a friend who was anthy from RGU one time. They said nothing about her not being able to wear the puffy skirt. XD

Hooooooooooo its cool able to cosplay at school

In college, most people here use Akatsuki coat. Umh.. or tenipuri jacket
I saw some one dye his hair like Hikaru from Hikaru no Go. Its surprissing me
I guess. ^_^

That sounds fun. :3 He had hair like hikaru? No way! I love that series.  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

FreakingCosmicKid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:11 am
I cosplayed at home today! :3
I actually do that a lot, but i actually took picutres this time!! biggrin
http://bekazaki.deviantart.com/art/Deidara-s-MySpace-Pose-139024504
http://bekazaki.deviantart.com/art/Deidara-s-Death-Glare-139024630  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:20 pm
@Lone Wolf san : Woah.. I love Urahara's hat. Its cool U always use that. I saw Urahara's cosplayer yesterday too at con

@Scientific_erotic : Hyaaaa U love the series? Me too. My friends cosplay as Sai and she is really HOT!

@DattebayoPrincess : NIce hair ^^ I like the photo angle ^^  

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

The Dream Architect

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:22 pm
I cosplay mostly at meet - ups or anime club, but I cosplayed Beyond Birthday at School once. Teachers really don't care what you do on hat day, really. I carried around a full jar of jam with me that day. >3<
I wore my Lidner cosplay to the Mall today, to see how long my wig can last.
Then there was that one time I wore Snape to the Corn Maze. I was going to wear Jareth, but my wig wasn't done drying. > sad  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:50 pm
Zee Half Blood Prince
I cosplay mostly at meet - ups or anime club, but I cosplayed Beyond Birthday at School once. Teachers really don't care what you do on hat day, really. I carried around a full jar of jam with me that day. >3<
I wore my Lidner cosplay to the Mall today, to see how long my wig can last.
Then there was that one time I wore Snape to the Corn Maze. I was going to wear Jareth, but my wig wasn't done drying. > sad

Huoo U cosplay as Snape on mall
If I meet someone like that on mmall, I'll scream and said "Snape... take a picture with me!!!!! I love you!" weheheh  

shireishou

Newbie Gaian

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:33 am
Oh I forgot about the time I wore the Kisuke hat to work on Halloween last year, everyone looked at me weird and as I was leaving, I got glomped by someone I met at AX 08, she was a crossplaying Toshiro, my Post Commander and co worker both came out and asked if I was ok, I said it was alright and that I knew her  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff