Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
learning japanese Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meriru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:11 pm
I guess if english is your first language, Japanese seems difficult to pronounce. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:31 am
I guess it is. It's really easy to pronounce when Dutch is your first language though. So I don't really know what it is like not being able to pronounce things.... sweatdrop
But I gues listening and practicing a lot helps... I mean.. you can learn pretty much anything if you just put enough effort in, right? ^_^

Shasita

Sontasia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:13 pm
English is my first language and I don't think that Japanese is difficult to pronounce. At the moment, I just don't speak it fast enough yet. Practice does make it easier, but I think it is also important to listen to the spoken language as much as possible because that will make it easier to pronounce Japanese. Even if you are a complete beginner and can't understand a word of Japanese, just listen to the news or watch an anime in Japanese, anything that will get you more acquainted with how the language sounds because it will help.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:06 pm
Sontasia
English is my first language and I don't think that Japanese is difficult to pronounce. At the moment, I just don't speak it fast enough yet. Practice does make it easier, but I think it is also important to listen to the spoken language as much as possible because that will make it easier to pronounce Japanese. Even if you are a complete beginner and can't understand a word of Japanese, just listen to the news or watch an anime in Japanese, anything that will get you more acquainted with how the language sounds because it will help.

I couldn't have said it better myself... xp
Singing Japanese songs would help as well. Probably why I'm already zooming through writing Hiragana... sweatdrop  

Neverending Marchen

Beloved Prophet

Crooked_Imagination_13

5,500 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:58 am
Meriru
I guess if english is your first language, Japanese seems difficult to pronounce. sweatdrop

I have actually learned to pronounce things quite well and i grew up in a family that speaks english and spanish!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:49 pm
I'm actually learning Japanese with RosettaStone myself. I've been listening to J-rock, watching anime in Japanese and J-Dramas for a few years now and I know it helps when you submerge yourself into the culture. If you have a passion for the place you're learning the language of it makes quite a difference.  

WiccanLovely

Meriru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:06 pm
Xxdeadxxsoonxx
Meriru

I have actually learned to pronounce things quite well and i grew up in a family that speaks english and spanish!

I mean if English was your only language and then you suddenly try learning Japanese. It seems pretty difficult. You know Spanish, and since Spanish has pronunciations close to Japanese, it becomes easier for you to pronounce Japanese words.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:42 pm
Meriru
Xxdeadxxsoonxx
Meriru

I mean if English was your only language and then you suddenly try learning Japanese. It seems pretty difficult. You know Spanish, and since Spanish has pronunciations close to Japanese, it becomes easier for you to pronounce Japanese words.

It's the way the vowels are pronounced. English has a mighty plethora of vowel sounds and they are very specific in circumstance but Japanese, like most OTHER romantic languages, have set vowel sounds. More often than not they are much the same sounds. *^_^*

In short, if you are bilingual by any means, it becomes easier to learn a third language.  

Ellembri
Crew

3,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Isha_Neko

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:36 am
English is my first language & I've never and any real problems with pronunciation.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:37 pm
Well I think that with pronounciation, you have to get the vowels down pat. And with the 'Rs' you have to roll the 'L' and the 'R' together, so it would be like saying 'Rlyo'.  

Rizzi Chan

Sparkly Lover

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
Trini Dayana Tsukino rolled 20 100-sided dice: 66, 58, 72, 52, 92, 97, 72, 78, 67, 22, 31, 48, 36, 50, 31, 23, 4, 65, 86, 1 Total: 1051 (20-2000)

Trini Dayana Tsukino

5,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:29 pm
Liru The Werewolf95
I need help I am trying to learn japanese,but i need help pronouncing it.
I already got the basic stuff down like the color, some words, and numbers 1 through 20

its easy. im not native of japan(im hispanic mexican american) but the most R's sound like L's. you can practice by looking up anime theme songs and looking the lyrics up on animelyrics.com. thats how i started. i also started by looking up videos on youtube with the lyrics.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:42 pm
Liru The Werewolf95
I need help I am trying to learn japanese,but i need help pronouncing it.
I already got the basic stuff down like the color, some words, and numbers 1 through 20

a-ah
i-ee
u-oo
e-eh
o-oh

These are basic pronunciation sounds, the best thing to do is to break up the word and take your time sounding it out. heart  

Gabby_lover19

3,750 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Novelo_Maus

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:01 am
here's some local talk you can try out:

ちょっとまって(chot-to mat-te): Just a minute
マジ?(ma-ji): No kidding?
ほんと(hon-to): Really?
いいよ(ii-yo): It's OK.

Fun fact of the day: If you're talking to a native Japanese person, be very careful as to how you present yourself. They will take what you say personally. Also, do not go extreme with your emotions. That includes here in the forums.  
chrisahari_AMC rolled 20 100-sided dice: 94, 80, 29, 23, 98, 71, 22, 62, 63, 9, 49, 87, 2, 98, 56, 15, 69, 51, 3, 1 Total: 982 (20-2000)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:39 pm
the best way to learn pronunciation i watch anime and listened to songs.
I learned that i pronounced like long e  

chrisahari_AMC

Fuzzy Man-Lover

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

akahanasmile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:16 pm
This website has a lot of audio that you can use for practice.
http://www.ncsu.edu/project/japaneseonline/JpOnline.htm  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces