Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Jesus, we seem to have a problem.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ferret658

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:28 pm
You didn't laugh at my "your face" burn. I am extremely offended. How dare you call yourself a conniseur of funny. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:57 pm
Jesus may have been a bit of a prankster xd

He walked with some random dudes on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24) who didn't recognize him and talked to them about... himself. When they realized who it was, he went off on his merry way. Jesus had this appearing/disappearing thing going on too.

Yeah, Jesus was totally awesome. I wish there were more christians with a sense of humor  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ferret658

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:37 am
Amen. I always use the platypus as a great example of His funny. Which begs the question....Did God just gather a bunch of reject parts and snapped and said, "WHOA! WHAT DID I DO?!?!?!?" and then an angel came along and said, "Can I keep it, Father? Can I, can I, can I?" and then God was like, "Eh, sure. It is good."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:26 am
Crimson Raccoon
neutral

I see nothing funny about the platypus, it is a dignified and majestic creature. I also find it extremely inappropriate that you would refer to dodos, parrot fish, and geoducks as mammals. These animals meet none of the standard criteria for classification as mammals, and they should be refered to respectively as a bird, a fish, and a marine bivalve mollusk. Please do not make this mistake again in the future.

lol  

explosionism

Hot lin78

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:36 pm
I do understand ironic humor, but you were not being funny. I think instead of responding in a lighthearted way, it got you a bit miffed instead. (It's okay, we can't all think everyone's idea of funny is our own.)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:04 pm
Hot lin78
I do understand ironic humor, but you were not being funny. I think instead of responding in a lighthearted way, it got you a bit miffed instead. (It's okay, we can't all think everyone's idea of funny is our own.)

Lol me or the Raccoon man?  

ferret658

Hot lin78

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:59 am
I'm sorry, Crimson. You just seemed so serious. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:22 am
It's ok, I was trying to sound serious, but I thought my dropping terms like "marine bivalve mollusk," and calling the platypus a "majestic creature" was enough to make it ridiculous. =P  

Crimson Raccoon

ferret658

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:19 pm
it was. I loved it. We should go into the business of selling Platypuses platypus platypi....? on the black market, Crimson. It would be an exciting endeavor.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:45 pm
As a Christian, I believe we can laugh and have a sense of humor. We are human after all. However, there is a time to laugh and time not to. I believe this when a comment said that is going against the Word of God. If someone made a joke about the Bible or about the Lord or Jesus, it is not to be laughed at all.

Anyways, there is a danger about too much humor as well, or may I sai "Joking around." In the New Testament, it said that we need to be sober in our Spiritual Walk. Sober means "marked by seriousness." Also, in James 5, it says that we need to humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

lordstar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:51 pm
Crimson Raccoon
neutral

I see nothing funny about the platypus, it is a dignified and majestic creature. I also find it extremely inappropriate that you would refer to dodos, parrot fish, and geoducks as mammals. These animals meet none of the standard criteria for classification as mammals, and they should be refered to respectively as a bird, a fish, and a marine bivalve mollusk. Please do not make this mistake again in the future.

Lmao

you are definitely a strange animal dude  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:23 pm
lordstar
Crimson Raccoon
neutral

Lmao

you are definitely a strange animal dude

Specifically I am a mammal, which is actually quite common. Not that we should just start throwing the term around. There are distinctions that need to be made.  

Crimson Raccoon

SUPERSQUIRRELX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:53 pm
Gotta agree with ya there... people sometimes just need to loosen up :.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:56 pm
It's not a big deal whether to say animal or mammal. No one's trying to be that picky! Just flow with the conversation. smile  

Hot lin78

ferret658

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:51 pm
you mammalian poopstick. That's a great insult....*laughs evilly to myself*  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items