Was Jesus a Jew?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:45 pm
LOL

I love the OP.

Its like asking of God is Love and Love is Blind- is God Ray Charles?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:32 pm
Vasilius Konstantinos
LOL

I love the OP.

Maybe?  

lordstar

ferret658

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:33 am
lordstar
diabolical_ferret658
Zahwomen
Jesus couldn't have been Jewish because he was white with long straight hair.
Show me a Jew with straight hair.

You posted in another thread that Jesus was black and had curly hair.

And just so wer're all clear, the only white Jesuses I have seen have been from LDS propaganda.

You do understand the purpous of the post you quoted right? Becuse your response does not show such understanding

Your respsonse makes no sense. Clarify please.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:04 am
Vasilius Konstantinos

Good one. Very good one.  

Imitation Stradivarius

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:54 am
diabolical_ferret658
lordstar
diabolical_ferret658
Zahwomen

And just so wer're all clear, the only white Jesuses I have seen have been from LDS propaganda.

You do understand the purpous of the post you quoted right? Becuse your response does not show such understanding

If you understood why she posted you would not have responded?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:57 pm
Of course Jesus wasn't Jewish, he was clearly a Celt.
Also, he was Irish.
PROVE ME WRONG.  

Xahmen

Vasilius Konstantinos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:57 pm
Zahwomen
Of course Jesus wasn't Jewish, he was clearly a Celt.
Also, he was Irish.
PROVE ME WRONG.

Documents by contemporary scribes was the lineage of Jesus through Mary, which showed that he was born from Mary who was the daughter of Joachim and Anna of the tribe of Judah.

Fact is, Jesus was a Good Jewish Boy, as only Good Jewish Boys can survive the Guilt from a Jewish Mother. Therefore Jesus, having a documented Jewish Mother would not have been able to survive if he was simply a Irish or Celtic Kid.

There is your evidence. I rest my case.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:45 pm
In the past (and some now) the Jewish community is more separate. The jewish people were in a clan and they have special things that separate them from others. One of the most prominent things were that they were circumsized. Basically back then it was the jews and the gentiles. obviously it is more broken up than that but yeah.

John chapter 8 shows an interesting view on this. Jesus is a Jew, but he is also the way, the truth, and the life. John chapter 8 starts when a woman who committed adultery. Jews then started to circle her to carry out the law that moses has created and were about to stone her. Jesus walks in in an amazingly epic fashion and said in John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. Jesus has not sinned but they all have, for romans 3:23 states that for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Jesus then told her to go and sin no more. and she left.

Jesus then goes on in verse 28 that when ye have lifted up the son of man, then shall ye know hat I am he, and that i do nothing of myself; but as my father hath taught me. I speak these things. And it says in verse 30 that as he spoke, many believed him.

Jesus says in verse 42 that if God were your father, ye would love me: for i proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

verse 51: verily verily I say unto you, if a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

verse 58: verily verily, i say unto you, before abraham was, I AM.

they then stoned Jesus, but verse 59 states Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. It was supernatural how he got out.

So, Jesus was a Jew. He was a Jew because he was born a Jew. He did, however, try to convert people to worshiping him. People who started to worship him would still be a Jew, however. People didn't start actually worshipping as christians until after his death.  

Sugarbeary

Sweet Sayori

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:04 am
Jesus was a Jew by birth. the word Christianity was given to his disciples and apostles when they preached at Antioch. time made certain changes in the religion like how we dont celebrate Passover. in that time the Jews of today no longer believe that Christ is the Messiah even though he is. Remember the Israelites and the Jews are God's chosen ppl but because the apostles began to preach to us Gentiles we were given a chance at salvation.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:34 am
lordstar
diabolical_ferret658
lordstar
diabolical_ferret658
Zahwomen

I more than likely would have. She told me that she's the unofficial designated poopstick of the guild. In not so many words....  

ferret658

lordstar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:53 pm
ferret658
lordstar
diabolical_ferret658
lordstar
diabolical_ferret658
Zahwomen

I more than likely would have. She told me that she's the unofficial designated poopstick of the guild. In not so many words....

I am glad we understand  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:09 am
lordstar
ferret658
lordstar
diabolical_ferret658
lordstar

I am glad we understand

Lol yes. *insert maniacal laughter here*  

ferret658

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:03 pm
Well...Jesus was a Jew, but He is also God's son...and the history books call Him the founder of Christianity, though Jesus Christ was also Christ...not only the founder of Christianity, but God.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:52 pm
This is truly a silly question. If Jesus were not a Jew, nothing He did (or didn't do) would have mattered very much. He certainly wouldn't be considered even possible for the role of savior. God dealt with man through the Jews, his beloved. When they had gone so far from Him, He sent His Son to live and die for all. At that point, it was not just the Jews who would be saved, but the gentiles as well. When they rejected Christ, the doors were open for everyone (including gentiles) to be freed from sin.  

Hot lin78

ferret658

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:59 pm
Hot lin78
This is truly a silly question. If Jesus were not a Jew, nothing He did (or didn't do) would have mattered very much. He certainly wouldn't be considered even possible for the role of savior. God dealt with man through the Jews, his beloved. When they had gone so far from Him, He sent His Son to live and die for all. At that point, it was not just the Jews who would be saved, but the gentiles as well. When they rejected Christ, the doors were open for everyone (including gentiles) to be freed from sin.

That last sentence makes it seem like God didn't give a flip about the Gentiles until the Jews rejected Him. He knew full well what was going to happen. He knew He was dying to save us ALL. It wasn't conditional as the way you worded it...  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff