Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Mosaic

Back to Guilds

We discuss a variety of things including but not limited to: other cultures, foreign language learning, teaching and conversation. 

Tags: World, Culture, Languages, Foreign, International 

Reply The World Mosaic
Is anyone interested in going to Israel? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:16 am
Einllikoach
If you would like to visit Tel-Aviv accompanied by a soldier.. perhaps we can arrange that. xd

Whoa :O Awesomeness!

@ Verderbnis:

LOL ;D  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:37 pm
Whooooa, this is getting too much for my brain to handle xd

I'm trying not to get my hopes up right now actually, still waiting on a job and my mother tends to let me dream and EVEN ENCOURAGE IT until my father gets home and she has hIM to crush me dreams.  

In Medias Res III

lili of the lamplight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:54 am
I'm interested in seeing Israel - my grandmother was born in what's now part of Israel, so it'd be pretty cool to see the neighborhood she spent her first few years in... But then, it would create additional difficulties if I wanted to travel to other middle eastern countries (specifically Syria and Lebanon), so I'm not sure if I'll ever go.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:04 am
lili of the lamplight
I'm interested in seeing Israel - my grandmother was born in what's now part of Israel, so it'd be pretty cool to see the neighborhood she spent her first few years in... But then, it would create additional difficulties if I wanted to travel to other middle eastern countries (specifically Syria and Lebanon), so I'm not sure if I'll ever go.

You can go first to Syria and Lebanon, then cross the border to Israel from Jordan/take a fly from Turkey or something. Obviously you will be punctiliously checked in the airport, but anyone does; as long as you don’t have any explosives or drugs with you, you aren’t suppose to have any problem getting in. ;ּ)  

Einllikoach
Crew

lili of the lamplight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:46 pm
But then I wouldn't be able to go back to those countries until my passport expired, which is several years away. If I went to Syria and Lebanon and decided I hated it there and never wanted to go back, it wouldn't be an issue, but if I decided it was some place I might want to visit again, that could present issues.

The other issue is that my family is rather anti me ever going to Israel.  
The World Mosaic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff