Submit

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:03 am
@N.K: They are much harder. So hard, it's easier to solo. Ah, the irony.
Qixter keeps trying to make this game a place where people can communicate and get together. The thing he's forgetting is, we've got a buttload of places people can do that in. People don't want a game they can communicate in. People want a game where they can have fun. Tis, the purpose of a game, no? He keeps tryings to do, what the rest of the site already has potential to do, but is took broken to do. And, it's not working too well. Nonetheless, the rest of the staff needs to take a few examples from Qixter's book.

@Jagged: I don't even think it's users don't care. For me, it's users don't care enough to do all that dang searching just to find out the answer to a simple question no one in the Q&A or Bugs&Assistance forums knows the answer to. Users come on Gaia to have fun, not to do enough difficult research for a Gaia Term paper.

@Nanenna: I don't really think they need an announcement anymore, since they changed the homepage. Maybe they can take off some of that repeated "Spotlight" and "Community Landpage" and "What's Hot" spam off the dang page and put up links to the current happenings on the site in that new forum there. I love that feature on Roliana and Kinsaki. I sign on, and I immediately get the basics of what I missed, just from glancing at the Homepage after I sign in.

@Aeddict: Dangit! I was so curious I went and browsed through the thread, and then I told the staff member who did that off. *headdesk* Why oh why did I look!? gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:33 pm
By having just that little bar at the top telling us they're having trouble, but no announcement, it tells me that they think that we wouldn't know what they were talking about if they told us. Or maybe they're afraid that something simple messed up their systems for a while and they don't want to admit it.
I don't think we're ever going to hear as much from them as we used to, not only because the userbase is inflating by the minute, but also because they think that since the majority of the users are young (and they are), we won't understand why the site is messed up.
As mentioned before, I would rather have the site down for a couple of minutes to hours while they fix things instead of navigate an extremely laggy, buggy site. But what the heck do I know? Apparently, not much, since I'm just a user and they're not telling us.
confused  

Chaos Blue

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm
I agree, Chaos. I also think that perhaps they think that newer users won't care about the glitches/bugs/fixes, and instead just want to spend some time here and have some fun. Kind of like they can't be bothered to know or care.
I can't speak for the majority, but I know that I've seen a lot of newer users complaining about not being notified as well. I just don't know how many of them feel that way.

But I don't think it matters - it's not going to happen, as far as I can tell. D:

Agreed again. I wouldn't mind at all if the site went down for even a week (as long as the fish stopped aging in that time period and such). I just want to see things fixed. I know that taking it down for a week is illogical, but that was just an example.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:46 pm
ok NK. so no explanation about the fake announcement done by fear_bot during Easter. so i now currently am a little worried about my stuff getting hacked. no reassurance at all but we do have a new complaints forum lol.  

moonsmark

Jenova4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:08 am
moonsmark
ok NK. so no explanation about the fake announcement done by fear_bot during Easter. so i now currently am a little worried about my stuff getting hacked. no reassurance at all but we do have a new complaints forum lol.

Flying Dicks posted an inquiry about it in the Q&A forum. She said something along the lines that there is no hacker, and it was probably a joke.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:25 pm
Does anyone know what that announcement read exactly? I heard it had alot of cursing in it but nothing else much.

I do feel like they are somewhat listening as an earlier poster said. With the sudden announcement of a new communication forum (which I am slightly hopeful for) and the new little avatar spotlight was a nice thing to bring back from the gaia waaaay back when (though I have to admit it's a bit smaller than I had hoped.)

THat whole down time thing was for the Aquarium Tutorial that you could get 500 g just from going though it *groans* yet another freebie of gold in an already inflated economy.

As far as the Easter/Skittles thing-I love the concept of the different colored contacts that are FREE to get unlike the Gimpi eye set. HOWEVER, I don't like that the easter bunny isn't more...I guess evil? At least from what I heard about Gaia's Easter Bunny, he wasn't so nice..or maybe I'm just thinking about the whole thing between Jack and Santa...  

kikirin~sakyomi
Crew

Dapper Gaian

4,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash