Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

City Folk's grass?
  Bullshit! >=[
  Eh, pretty bad I guess.
  Not to bad.
  I like it!
  I don't have the game, but hey, I'm a poll whore.
View Results

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:14 pm
GrowingDandelion
Wantcookie
Super Cheesio
Wantcookie
Allegro
Yeah cause petitions will help

I hate to break it to you, but Al's got a point. A petition holds not weight with virtual signatures.

Also, let me break this down for you:
-Problem: Grass dies when you run.
-Running happens when you play
-Grass dies when you play
-So what should you stop doing?
-Give it as rest for a while. Go do something else, like read a book. Or make a flash animation, whatever floats your boat.
Do you have any good books to recommend? I've finished reading Brisingr now...

But back on topic: It's a game that wants you to play it every day... But then the grass shouts 'NO!' ...AHA! I've got it! The grass is Nintendo's way of saying 'Don't get too addicted to our game!'

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...Anyways, you should go read American Gods. It's absolutely amazing if you know as much mythology as I do.

I reccomend "The Bar Code Tattoo" and "The Bar Code Rebellion". It's a good dystopian novel series and not at all a hard read.
Dystopian??? Wuzat?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:18 pm
Super Cheesio
Wantcookie
Super Cheesio
Wantcookie
Allegro

I hate to break it to you, but Al's got a point. A petition holds not weight with virtual signatures.

-Give it as rest for a while. Go do something else, like read a book. Or make a flash animation, whatever floats your boat.

But back on topic: It's a game that wants you to play it every day... But then the grass shouts 'NO!' ...AHA! I've got it! The grass is Nintendo's way of saying 'Don't get too addicted to our game!'

...Anyways, you should go read American Gods. It's absolutely amazing if you know as much mythology as I do.
I'm not into America OR mythology. I want a cool fantasy action adventure novel with battles and magic. Like The Inheritance Cycle (Those books with the dragons on the fronts) and Harry Potter.

Oh god, you're looking for action in a book. Ugh.
Personally, I prefer things like the Discworld series, which are so brilliantly clever, it's really all you need. I recently finished one, and it took me until I was standing in front of the fridge to go, "Wait, what was the plot? Ah, well, it was incredibly awesome anyways."  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:22 pm
I'm not a huge book reader but I like The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (although if you read the original, you'll probably have to look up some words like I did xD), and Fade.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:23 pm
Super Cheesio
Ugh, the grass in Animal Crossing Let's Go to the City/City Folk is a pain in the a**, am I right? As you know if you play the game a lot as I do, if you walk or run somewhere often, the grass pimply dies down and disappears. And after a few weeks of playing it; you have almost NO GRASS! Trust me, your town looks really ugly, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Also, if you hate this as much as I do, check out this video and petition:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Kdme59HSI
http://www.petitiononline.com/accf1357/petition.html

Discuss. Also, does anyone know if running actually makes the grass wear down more than walking does?

You do realize the video is of Animal Crossing: City Folk during it's winter right? You don't usually have nice green grass during ********>  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:28 pm
Regulust
Super Cheesio
Ugh, the grass in Animal Crossing Let's Go to the City/City Folk is a pain in the a**, am I right? As you know if you play the game a lot as I do, if you walk or run somewhere often, the grass pimply dies down and disappears. And after a few weeks of playing it; you have almost NO GRASS! Trust me, your town looks really ugly, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Discuss. Also, does anyone know if running actually makes the grass wear down more than walking does?

You do realize the video is of Animal Crossing: City Folk during it's winter right? You don't usually have nice green grass during ******** class="clear">
Grass and snow are the same thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:37 pm
Super Cheesio
GrowingDandelion
Wantcookie
Super Cheesio
Wantcookie
Allegro

I reccomend "The Bar Code Tattoo" and "The Bar Code Rebellion". It's a good dystopian novel series and not at all a hard read.
Dystopian??? Wuzat?

A dystopian novel is a novel that shows what the future could become if we are not careful with our actions. For example, in "The Bar Code Tattoo", everybody has to have a tattoo of their own personal barcode which shows everything about them when it's scanned, and it becomes the only way to buy or sell something in America. However, there's something else in it which makes it impossible for some people to buy or sell. It has a lot about genetic science in it and it really gets you thinking.

And the discworld series is good actually. I heard that Terry Pratchett's time is coming to an end though.

And how in the hell did we go from a discussion about grass to a literary group?  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:39 pm
Meta_Fish
I'm not a huge book reader but I like The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (although if you read the original, you'll probably have to look up some words like I did xD), and Fade.
I now love you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:41 pm
Wantcookie
Super Cheesio
Wantcookie
Super Cheesio
Wantcookie
Allegro

I'm not into America OR mythology. I want a cool fantasy action adventure novel with battles and magic. Like The Inheritance Cycle (Those books with the dragons on the fronts) and Harry Potter.

Oh god, you're looking for action in a book. Ugh.
Personally, I prefer things like the Discworld series, which are so brilliantly clever, it's really all you need. I recently finished one, and it took me until I was standing in front of the fridge to go, "Wait, what was the plot? Ah, well, it was incredibly awesome anyways."
Hm... *Looks up Discworld on Wikipedia* Okay. I'm gonna go up to the book shop and get The Colour of Magic tomorrow.  

Super Cheesio

Allegro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:08 pm
Wantcookie

Between this and the picture, this post contains incredible amounts of win.

I love you, Cookie.

The petition is incredibly stupid because it's asking Nintendo to fix a product that's already out. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:48 am
Super Cheesio
Regulust
Super Cheesio

You do realize the video is of Animal Crossing: City Folk during it's winter right? You don't usually have nice green grass during ******** class="clear">

That is by far the dumbest thing you've ever said.

No...grass and snow are actually quite different.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:14 am
Allegro
Wantcookie

Between this and the picture, this post contains incredible amounts of win.

I love you, Cookie.

"Well, seeing as today is my day, why don't you call me Mr.Wednesday?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:30 am
Oh, wow. I didn't notice that. Does this actually apply to snow, too? I haven't seen the grass, yet.  

Thanatoast Crunch

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:36 am
Angelic Darknya
Oh, wow. I didn't notice that. Does this actually apply to snow, too? I haven't seen the grass, yet.
Snow and grass are the same thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:48 am
Regulust
Super Cheesio
Regulust
Super Cheesio

It wasn't dumb at all. In the game, the two work exactly the same.  

Orphie

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 am
Orphie
Regulust
Super Cheesio
Regulust
Super Cheesio

It wasn't dumb at all. In the game, the two work exactly the same.
...Does Reg even have Animal Crossing?  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces