[FIN] Silent Night (Nigel Darkwing & Calor) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:52 pm
Calor laughed again. "No no, no personal experience for me." His smile turned mischevious. "Buuuut, I have heard how my sister and I came to be. To hear Mother tell it, Father had an eye for her from the moment he saw her and would stop at nothing to get her into his mountainside cave."

The Soquili snorted to himself and amusement. "However, Father says Mother was nearly dead of exposure and he just brought her in to get her out of the cold, then used his own flames to chase away frostbite."

Calor shrugged, though a horse's body was unsuited to the expression. "Both versions are true, of course, but everyone has a preference."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:52 pm
"It must be nice... To recall your parents enough to tell fond stories of them." He mused, more to himself than to the other male, mind seeming to wander off for a moment. It was something that he thought of from time to time; what sort of parentage could spawn one such as himself.

"Each story seems to have two sides." He murmured as he shook himself out of his momentary daze. "It is up to use to decide which one we will tell, isn't it?"  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:58 pm
"Uh, I guess so," Calor offered. It hadn't occurred to him that not everyone would have had the same sort of childhood he'd had.

"And yes, that's certainly quite true. My father would say that the version we choose to tell is determined by the sort of person we are."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:04 pm
"Is that so?" His brow lofted slightly, head tilting as he glanced at the younger stallion. "I suppose it's true... Some stories do contain more deception than others, even if a bit of it is unintended. Many of the things we say speak loudly about who we are; just as much as our actions do, I believe."  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:16 pm
Calor nodded. "And some stories intentionally contain deception, but tell no lies even so."

He grinned as he looked at the other Soquili. "If I was going to try to figure out who you are from tonight's conversation, I'd say you were a quiet man, who doesn't have anyone he's really close to, but is very intelligent and witty." Calor cocked his head. "Have I got you?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:30 pm
His brow quirked slightly as he listened to the younger stallion, head giving a light toss as he laughed. "Perhaps you have... And perhaps you don't. This face that you see," he brought one wing up to shield his face for a moment before lowering it to peer just over the membrane, "could all very well be an act; a play put on for show on a midwinter's night. It may leave you pondering whether what we see is what it seems."

With that said he turned slowly, tail swishing behind him as he made his way towards the darkened shadows cast by the gnarled trees lit by the moon. "Sweet dreams, Calor... Until we meet again."  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:38 pm
"An act, eh?" Calor chuckled at this display of mystery, or was it perhaps just a touch of humor? Nigel was right, he couldn't be certain.

"Fare you well," he called after the retreating stallion...a new friend? Or perhaps not yet. Regardless, Calor looked forward to their next meeting as well.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff