Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Memorable Threads
[RP].:.Mephisto's Tree.:.[dead/closed] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:43 am
Cub, all that's left is this vessel that carried her soul. You are what's left of what she once was. If you remember that, she will never be truely gone. He fell silent for a long moment, his ocelot ears rotating a little to pick up sounds nearby. Good, there were things moving about, that meant they'd have a meal. He glanced down to the cub, then the dead leopardess in his arms. ...You may stay with me, I will teach you what your mother could not.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:46 am
He watched as he took his mother away. Standing there he comtemplated on what the ocelot said. She was never truely gone. Holding his chest he ran after the stranger and held onto his leg.

"My name is Sirus, what's yours?" he asked softly.  

haythere

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:57 am
My name is Mephistopheles.. He replied, walking even though the cub was latched onto his leg. In this open field, there was plenty of space to bury a body, but he wanted to find a place that could easily be found by the cub, but not near his tree or cave. ... When he finally found a spot, he pulled his leg gently from the cub, and laid the leopardess' body down. He looked around a bit, and then extended his claws, the four inch, razor sharp extensions from his fingers sinking into the ground, and starting to rip it up.. In the process of digging a grave for her.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:04 am
"Mephistopheles..." he muttered trying to sound out the name. "Can I call you Mephi?"

He sat down and watched him dig a grave for his mother. He found a flower and played with it in his hands. He looked up into the blue sky above him, reach around, seemingly endless.  

haythere

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:11 am
Yes, you may. Just don't shorten it any more than that, and it's fine. He continued digging, his tail wagwiggling about as a pile of dirt started to pile up next to him.. The grave getting deeper and deeper until he felt it was deep enough for the mother.. Giving a quick clean to his claws, he retracted them, and picked up the leopardess' body, and laid her gently inside. This vessel, which was spawned by the Earth, has been returned to which it came. Her cycle is complete, and her soul has moved on. Blessed be the lands in which she rests. He looked to the cub, and motioned to the pile of dirt. Help me cover her.. and then we shall move on and hunt for a meal.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:14 am
He nodded and looked down at his mother one last time. He dropped the flower he was holding and began to push the dirt over her body. Once her body was covered Sirus took a stone and placed it at the head. His mother was safe now in the dirt.  

haythere

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:22 am
He was silent for a long moment, picking up the flower Sirus had dropped, and laying it on the mound, before he stood. Do you know anything about hunting, or survival at all? He left the mound, walking on his toes back towards the tree, but keeping his eyes on the cub. He had wandered off before, and Mephisto didn't think it such a good thing if he should wander off again.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:28 am
"Father caught the food. But he couldn't teach me how, he's gone too. So I ate whatever mother brought me," he replied.

He decided to stay close to Mephi, something bad could happen if he wandered off. Though the place was calming and relaxing he felt uneasy to be alone. He needed to stay with Mephi.  

haythere

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:42 am
Mephisto contemplated that. Sirus was now an orphan, since both his father and now mother were gone. Well, he wouldn't simply abandon the cub, that would be unfair. However.. Mephisto's never really seen himself as a 'father figure' so to speak.. He hoped that the cub wouldn't die under his wing. Most hunt staying on the ground. You'll probaby feel more comfortable that way as well.. I usually hunt from the tree, but I'll explain that later if you're interested. He stopped, and ducked down into the high grass, reaching up and tugging Sirus down as well. speaking softly to him. In areas like this, it's best to keep a distance from possible prey, zero in on the sounds of their movement, and silently approach before you strike. The grass is good cover, so focus less on not being seen, and focus more on not being heard..He shifted his muscles, ears at a tilt faceing forward, listening for the movements of prey..  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:47 am
Sirus nodded keeping as quiet as he possibly could. He kept his breath slow and steady trying to listen for whatever Mephi was listening for. Everything was silent around them, eternity passed as Sirus crouched on the ground. He heard something move in the grass, he turned his head towards Mephi.  

haythere

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:54 am
Both ears turned sharply to the direction of the movement, his pale blue eyes sliding in their sockets to look at Sirus. Slowly, and silently he crept, only the shhhhhh of the grass brushing against him heard, but that sound wasn't unusual, it wouldn't alert whatever was in the grass ahead of him. Once close enough to spy his prey, he could identify it as a small gaggle of quail. There were four.. However he suspected that he could only get his claws into one or two, so long as nothing went wrong. Muscles rippling under his fur, he bared his teeth and prepared to strike.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:00 am
Sirus watched in awe as Mephi attacked the quails, taking down a couple. It looked almost effortless as he killed the two instantly. Sirus ran out and looked at the two dead quails in Mephi's paws.

"That was amazing..." he said in awe.  

haythere

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:06 am
One quail fluttered and fidgeted, the head between his jaws, the other was neatly speared on his claws, as his eyes looked up to Sirus. Once both birds were dead, he got up to his feet, and held a quail under each arm. Not particularly. I intend to teach you how to do the same.Come. We can go back to my cave and eat..Nothing will bother us there. He handed off one of the quails to Sirus, and then walked on his toes back towards the cave.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:11 am
He took the quail and held it with both hands. Staying close to Mephi's leg he followed him into the cave. Sirus looked around, hugging the dead quail.

"Is this your home? It's very dark,"  

haythere

Meph!stopheles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:18 am
It's somewhere to sleep. He replied, dropping his food by a stone circle within the cave. Don't tell me you're afraid of the dark.. he picked up a black stone, and in a sweeping motion he scraped it across the floor, launching sparks into the circle of stones and lighting the kindling that had been laying within it.. and then started to fan it a bit to spread the flame through the rest of the wood.  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff