Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply VIP RP
~My Dragon's Heart~(1X1)~(Burningly Filled)~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:58 pm
(T__T *sob* I'm sorry.. And yes, only at night, and only for two hours. No matter what, once he's been human for two hours in one night, he'll revert to being a dragon.)

Karelym watched as the dragon sighed and seemed transfixed on the sunset. What was it about nightfall that would mean she could see Coryn..was she being tricked? Was this the dragon's idea of a joke? Because if so...several thoughts, none too pleasant came to mind before she was startled from the thoughts by the dragon's chuckle. It was an odd sound, but then, the dragon was an odd one. "I don't see why nightfall is so important to you.." Karelym tried to contain her growing agitation..the hope that was rising inside of her.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:04 pm
"Normally it's not . . ." Coryn said, a bit of surprise in his voice. He was surprised at himself. He was actually excited and nervous for night to come for once. Normally he disliked it. As the last of the sun's rays disappeared Coryn sighed and seemed to shudder. One transformation later, Coryn the dragon was gone, and Coryn the half-elf was standing in his place, looking anywhere else but at Karelym. He was almost afraid of what her reaction would be.  

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:13 pm
Karelym heard the surprise and frowned slightly. And then the sun disappeared and the dragon sighed. Her eyes widened as the dragon's shape began to shift and contort, shrinking as scales receded and became skin. In a matter of moments, the dragon was gone and Coryn, her beloved, stood in it's place. "Coryn?" She breathed the name, a disbelieving question. The other didn't look at her and despite all of the questions that sprang forth, her eyes and thoughts went only to Coryn, only to him being before her.

Karelym darted forward instantly, wrapping her arms around the other's waist and hugging him tightly, as though she was afraid to let go. "Coryn.." Her eyes watered, the second time she'd gotten teary-eyed that day. And normally, she rarely ever cried...this was something indeed. Karelym's voice was soft, flowing with ill-concealed joy and remorse, "All of this time..everyone told me you must be dead..but I was certain you were alive..and here you are.." She was tempted to ask some of her questions, but at the risk of ruining a moment she'd dreamed of for so long..she kept silent for the moment, pressing her head against Coryn's chest and keeping her arms firmly around the other.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:22 pm
Coryn's eyes widened in surprize as she hugged him. He looked down at her and gently, hesitantly, wrapped his arms around her in response. "I should have listened to you that day . . . but I let my pride get away with me . . . and I said things that I have regretted all this time . . . I'm sorry . . . you're not a coward . . . I missed you . . ." he said his head bowed as he held her tightly, glad that she hadn't given up on him, a few tears falling from his eyes as well.  

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:29 pm
Karelym felt arms go around her, a warmth that she'd longed to feel returning. Only Coryn could hug her and make her feel warm and protected at the same time, so thoroughly. At the words, she shook her head, "You should always listen to me," she very gently teased before turning serious, "I know you didn't mean what you said..I disappointed you by not giving you the position..but I was trying to protect you.." The elven maiden remained quiet a moment before saying softly, "I have missed you too..nothing has felt right without you, Cor." Karelym used the shortened endearment nickname, reveling in the feel of it on her tongue after so long.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:39 pm
Coryn nodded and only held her tighter. One of his hands moved to pull out the necklace and he let it slide through his fingers before gently placing it back against her chest. "You really haven't taken it off have you Kar . . ." he said in a slightly disbeliving tone, using his own endearment nickname for her, enjoying every moment he spent with her, now wishing that he didn't have the limit of two hours to be human.  

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:44 pm
Karelym felt herself being held tighter as the necklace was pulled forth. She glanced down and watched as it slid through his fingers before being set back. The endearment warmed her and so when she looked up, there was a warm smile on her lips. "Of course not, such beautifully crafted jewelry..crafted by my very own Coryn...I would not part with it for anything in all the world." She reveled in the feeling of being with Coryn that way a moment, before curiosity and confusion warred again. "Coryn..why were you like that? Why haven't you come home?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:00 pm
Coryn could not return her smile. Instead he looked off at a spot to the left. "I'm stuck in this forest. I'm only able to be like this for two hours every night. And . . . the rest of the time I'm a dragon . . . it's because I killed the old dragon that used to live here . . . he was . . . the guardian of this forest . . . and now . . . I've had to take over his responsibility . . . and no matter what I do, I can't leave the borders of the forest . . ." he said wishing to return home, but knowing it was impossible. He then held her close to him. "I never thought that I would see you again . . ." he whispered, both sadness and joy in his voice. It was a very confusing mix of emotions for him to feel.  

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:13 pm
Karelym watched as Coryn did not return the smile, looking away instead. At hearing the other could be human for only two hours every night, her heart sank as sadness entered her again. Coryn killed the forest guardian..and as penance, became the guardian. It made all too much sense.."Oh, Coryn.." Her voice was soft, almost a sigh. What could she do to ease the other's pain? And where would they go from this?

If Coryn was indeed the guardian, then he was trapped, bound to the lands by ancient magicks. Karelym thought back on her friend, who five years past, had been a good-natured if a bit hot-headed lad..he had his flaws, as did she..but that didn't merit his life being taken from him. "Well, my vyallah, *beloved, or dear one*, I am here now..we'll find a way to free you, I promise."

She used her hand to tilt Coryn's face back towards her, leaning upwards as she kissed Coryn's lips softly, wanting to reassure the other and share her hope..her sincerity..and besides that..Coryn had been alone in the cave for so long..it must have been unbearable..treated only as a monster, devoid of friends..of family..simply alone. Karelym pulled away and looked to the other, eyes filled with concern and warmth, and a bit of the fire that made up Karelym's whole being..she meant what she said about finding a way to free Coryn, of that, there could be no doubt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:31 pm
Coryn was in a state of shock. It wasn't from her promise to find a way to free him, but from the kiss she had given him. He stared at her for a while before giving a small smile and then nodded. Pretending that the bit of shock was from her promise. He didn't want to look too far into the kiss after all. "Thank you." he said holding her hands tightly in his.  

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:39 pm
Karelym felt her heart skip slightly as the other managed a small smile and held her hands in his own. "You're welcome, Coryn." She glanced around the room, the endless, gleaming treasures..this wasn't the sort of place the other Coryn would have liked..and now, he was forced to make it his home day after day..but perhaps, the dragon side had made him come to like this place, in a way. "What do you do, Coryn?" Karelym looked back at him, "When you changed into human..you were all alone.." How had he managed to even keep sane all of this time?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:48 pm
Coryn moved his hand to softly caress her cheek. "I thought of you . . ." he said and glanced at the bracelet that still lay where he had placed it earlier. He returned his gaze to Karelym and his smile got a bit wider. "I would explore the forest, and I found out that I could choose to switch between a human or a dragon form as long as I didn't use up my two hours . . . and I was only able to do so at night . . . I trained . . . but mostly I would think of you . . ." he said and tucked a stray lock of Karelym's hair behind her ear.  

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:58 pm
Karelym shivered lightly at the soft caress, listening to the words. Finally, the other began to smile a bit, and he was more like the Coryn she remembered..she tilted her head slightly as the har was put behind her ear, the familiarity was not new to them..they'd always been close. "I've thought of you too, Cor..everything I did..I was hoping it would have made you proud, made you smile.."

She traced a finger gently along his lips before moving it away and holding the hand near her stomach. "Let's go, Cor..you and I into the the forest. I want you out of this cave..we have two hours, correct?" A playful smile turned the corners of her lips, "Perhaps a swim?" Karelym was determined to ensure that every moment, whether as a human or as a dragon, was at least better than it had been before..she would do whatever she could for the other while they tried to find a cure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:04 am
Coryn smiled back and stepped away from Karelym. He changed into a dragon. "Get on my back. I know the perfect spot." he said, and even as a dragon he seemed to smile. He lay down so that she might be able to climb up onto his back easier. If he only had two hours he no longer cared. As long as he had Karelym with him, he felt like he would never experience that heart wrenching loneliness ever again.  

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:11 am
Karelym watched the other step away and blinked in surprise as the other transformed. She felt guilty for suggesting something that made the other transform so soon..surely he wanted to be human now? "Oh really? We'll, I'll have to see that for myself." Grinning a bit, she moved towards the other and steadied herself before partially climbing, partially jumping onto Coryn's back.

The experience was interesting, straddling a dragon..one that she knew was her dearest friend. "I am the only girl you've ever flown, I hope?" Karelym's voice was purposefully prim, teasing the other as she patted his back before taking hold of little scale rifts that would make excellent handles.

VIP RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff