Kyoupiruchi's Tome: Asura Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyoupiruchi

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:35 am
User Image

"Aaaaargh!!!" Kyou screamed and flung his left arm across the table top, causing his coffee mug to fly halfway across the room and shattered into a million pieces, spilling a puddle of coffee on the floor. Bending over his table, he pressed his hands onto his face and closed his eyes in frustration. "Why?? Why wouldn't this work??!" He screamed again. His usual slick black hair is now ruffled into a messy bird's nest.

A single, beautiful glass bottle sat on a small raised pedestal, weird purple smoke was flowing out of it. But when the mysterious smoke touches the surface of the pedestal, or the outer surface of the bottle, pretty lavender buds appeared momentarily for a couple of seconds, before fading off into the thin air completely. A lingering lavender fragrance graced the air where the lavender disappeared. And just as the lavender, the sweet scent only lasted as long as the flower bud.

However, Kyou was unsatisfied. "No!! There should be more to it, this is not the reaction that I'm looking for!!" Slowly, he uncovered his face from his hands and propped himself on the table. His brows furrowed into a deep frown, they looked like they were going to get tangled up together if Kyou frowned deeper.

His eyes set on the bottle for a moment, before his eyes glanced sideways to a thick brown leatherbound book laying on another table to his right. The book looked ancient, with it's hundreds of pages yellowed from age. On the cover, the book title was written in Sanskrit, a classical language from India. Surely there is another way to this, he don't need to resolve to using that technique. Kyou thought bitterly. The book was in fact, a very powerful spell book used to belonged to ancient Hindu magicians and voodoo masters. In the book, it contained numerous spells ranging from dark magic, holy magic, alchemy, necromancy, elemental magic and even voodoo curse, written by the many magicians and wizards that owned the book before. But the book was bound tightly with a magical metal lock, Kyou had tried, and he still couldn't open it. According to trusted sources, the only way to open the book was with the help of a summoned demon, namely an Asura, a powerful being from the Hinduism myths. Even then, a large portion of the spells inside needed the presence or help from an Asura to perform as well. Because it was rumoured that the book was indeed, originally belonged to the Asuras. Every single past owners of the book had an Asura summon.

But the problem is, Kyou had already summoned a demon before, although he was from an entirely different myth group. He had a pact with that demon. The demon granted Kyou's wish and made him a half demon, so that he could research and perform forbidden spells that no one in human flesh could perform. The sacrifice which Kyou had to bear that time was having traits of a demon - demon horns, tails and golden eyes. Which he was quite used to now. But the demon also has the rights to return at any time and demand Kyou's knowledge as he sees fit. Thankfully, he had not appeared thus far.

Though that demon didn't say anything about couldn't have a pact with another demon, Kyou was worried. Because although technically he thinks it's possible, there might still be certain risks to it. And morally Kyou didn't thought it was appropriate, it almost feels like he's cheating on his lover or something.

In order to complete his current research though, knowledges from inside this book was needed. He sighed heavily as he looked up at the bottle perching on the small pedestal. He had worked so hard and had already gone so far for this, can he go the entire length as to summon and bound to another demon?

Cautiously he walked over to the other table where the ancient spellbook sat among his research papers. He picked the heavy book up and moved to another empty table. Surely there must be another way to open the book? Kyou thought. Propping the book on the smooth wooden table surface, Kyou placed his hands over the book. Maybe by using his demonic powers he could force the book to open. His eyes glowed a shining yellow as he started to chant, focusing his powers onto the book. The surrounding of the book started to warp along with Kyou's hands, as if the dimension is not steady anymore. But the Sanskrit writings on the cover suddenly glowed a bright red and with a strong force, it repels Kyou's magic back at himself, causing him to fly backwards and banged into the table the book sat before. "Ugh....." Kyou moaned as he lay on the floor, one of his hands on his lower back. Apparently his lower bach hitted the table edge hard on impact. "This is not good for my frail back..." he mumbled in regret. That spell he used earlier was a warping spell, he intended to warp the lock of the book so that it would fall off. But apparently the book was protected by a much more complicated defense magic than Kyou had thought. Slowly, Kyou stood up unsteadily by holding onto the edge of the table, his lower back still stinging him like a bee. The glow on the book had already faded by then, it just looked like it's usual, harmless self now.

"If I need to summon another demon in order for you to reveal yourself, so be it!!" Kyou spoke in monologue, half out of spite. Still hunched, Kyou walked over to his bookshelf and withdrawn another old leatherbound book. This one was black though, much thicker than the other one too, and the words "Age Old Book of Summons" was written in gold on the cover. Flipping open the index page of the book, he ran his fingers down the first page of the list and found the one he's looking for shortly after - Asura.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:37 am
User Image

Falling back into his arm chair, Kyou groaned in frustration as he shut his eyes. He didn't expected the summoning process to go smoothly, but being stuck before he even had a chance to begin?! This was definitely a first.

Picking up the black "Age Old Book of Summons" sitting on his lap, he flipped the book again to page 620 - the page detailing an Asura and instructions on how to summon one. There were details on the demon, their history; their legacy. There's also the list of materials to prepare for the summoning. Kyou flipped the old pages carefully. The instructions on how to perform the ritual was very detailed and spanned a few pages long. Apparently one of the key materials was a mantra written in Sanskrit. The last page on Asura was supposed to be the mantra that he was supposed to copy down for the summoning. But the chapter on Asura suddenly came to an abrupt end.

As if couldn't believe his eyes, he shut them and opened them again. Half hoping that it was just his imagination from exhaustion. But the missing page remained missing. Upon closer inspection, he realized that the page had been torn out, as the root of the page is still attached to the book binding. This is a very rare and valuable book, probably only 5 or so in the whole of Gaia! How is he going to find another copy?! It's like looking for a needle in a haystack! Moreover, who was the stupid b*****d who tore the page out??!

Shutting the book, he leaned back onto the chair and massaged the bridge of his nose near his eyebrows. He had to find another copy somehow. If the owner wouldn't let him have the book, not like he has the material means to obtain one currently anyway, at least he could try and borrow it to copy down the mantra.

At times like this, there is really only one person to call. Picking up the phone next to the arm chair, he dialed a familiar number. "Hello?" a deep clear voice rang up as someone picked up the phone on the other end. "Hello, Jeremy?" Kyou exclaimed in slight relieve, glad to hear his dear friend's familiar voice again.

"Well that's stating the obvious. What are you doing calling me up so late at night? It's almost midnight." Jeremy said, stifling a yawn. Jeremy was Kyou's work partner in a few occasions. He works as a businessman, selling magical, sometimes rare and illegal materials in the black market. If there is anyone who knows the market best, it's Jeremiah Bartimeus.

"I'll cut to the chase, I need some help." Kyou sighed. "My Age Old Book of Summons is missing a page, I need to find another copy - no need to buy, but I just need to refer to it for something."

There was a paused on the other side. "You're not summoning something again are you?"

Kyou was shocked speechless to know Jeremy saw through him so easily, even on the phone! Kyou always hated that about him, Jeremy knows him too well.

Not hearing any replies from Kyou, Jeremy assumed it was a 'yes'. "Alright, I've heard rumors of this shady shop in Durem. It's called 'Daemonologie' if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what they do, but people say they had a lot of study and dealings with demons, particularly in summoning them. So maybe you could try your luck there."

"That was really helpful of you!" Kyou exclaimed gladly, almost having a tear at the corner of his eye. "Do you know an exact address or something?" he asked, hopeful.

"In fact, yes I do!" Jeremy replied. "But I'm not about to give you, go look for that shop yourself you lazyass, I already told you it's in Durem." He said, teasingly.

"Aaaaw! You already helped me so much, might as well help me until the end!" He can't believe Jeremy is doing this to him!

"A no is a no. Alright now, this old senior needs his beauty sleep. I have a long day tomorrow. Good night!" And at that, he placed down the receiver and cut their conversation abruptly, not giving Kyou a chance to complain some more.

User Image

Kyoupiruchi

Summoners' Tomes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas