Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Outdoor RP Areas
[ORP] The Beach Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 246 247 248 249 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctor Moreau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:22 am
Moreau walked further down, spotting them at a distance "Ahhh! Aubrey! I came out here to join you."

Moreau walked closer and smiled to her, then his attention turned the other people there. "Ohhhh... Ambrose correct? And Pyroth wasn't it? How are you enjoying my island?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:22 am
"Thats an interesting name. Welcome to the Island."

Aubrey looked off in the distance and her face lit up like a child on Christmas. "Speak of the devil, there he is!"

She quickly looked down and adjested her sarong to make sure it was hanging on her hips in the most flattering way possible. "Hello there, Nic - I mean, Doctor! I'm so glad you came down to join me.

Aubrey Lockheart
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:25 am
Pyroth? It certainly was an intersting name. Ambrose had certainly never heard one quite like it outside of fiction.

"Aubrey then" He acquiesed. "But then just Ambrose for me. No 'mister.'" Things certainly were seeming quite laid back here. He was really begining to feel more at ease here, and happier with his decision to try out the study. This really could turn out to be an enjoyable two weeks above and beyond profitable. The staff certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves. He followed Aubrey's gaze and, sure enough, the Doctor himself was heading their way. Perhaps his judgement had been too harsh about him being pent up in his laboratories. While he didn't exactly seemed dressed for the beach, he was out here.

He smiled and kept his mouth shut and stepped back, watching.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:33 am
"No problem at all Aubrey, you know me... I love the beach" Moreau said unconvincingly. "So Ambrose? How have you been feeling lately, I hope the island weather has been... good for your health?"

Moreau wrapped a hand around Aubrey, determined to give the impression that he was out here for no other reason that relaxation and conversation. Moreau knew that soon enough he might not be able to personally interview the guests, not without truth serums and the like anyway.  

Doctor Moreau
Captain

Pyroth Ignatius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:34 am
Pyroth nodded to Aubrey and was once again pre-empted in his attempts to speak by his attention being diverted. He raised a single red eyebrow as yet another figure approached, this time however, the man was familiar. Pyroth didn't trust Moreau yet, there was something about the man that spoke to him of one of his superiors, a cunning man who probably knew all of what went on in his island. Still, he remained courteous and nodded. "Well, yes, can't complain at the moment. Lovely weather here, is it always like this?"

Pyroth had been relaxing a little but now that internal jangling of nerves was back again. He couldn't quite understand his own mistrust of students of science, perhaps it was simply a case of conflict between science and his own upbringing which placed heavy emphasis on the supernatural.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:36 am
Aubrey's eyes widened in surprise as Moreau wrapped an arm around her, but the look of surprise quickly melted into a one of utter contentment. She looked like she was about to melt in to a pile of goo. A slight pinky color came to her cheeks, not knowing how to act, so she just stood there and smiled, enjoying the moment while it lasted. heart  

Aubrey Lockheart
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:39 am
Ambrose shifted uncomfortably at the subject of his health openly in front of other people on the Island. He wouldn't have minded discussing side-effects privately, but to openly talk about such things seemed demeaning. "I've... well... I suppose well enough..." His tone spoke to there being more to it than he let on, and he shot Moreau a "please not now" look.

It's not that he felt that he particularly needed to impress Pyroth (Aubrey was really no concern as she was apparently a head scientist here), more that he was in general concerned about how other people thought of him regardless of who they were. It was an aftereffect of his upbringing that he had a difficult time shaking even now. Even if he sat down and thought about honestly how irrelevant it all was in the long run.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:43 am
"Good to know..." Moreau shot a look back that said we'll talk later. He turned his attention back to Aubrey for a moment.

"And You Aubrey? Are you enjoying your day out here? Hmmm you look like you might be burning." Moreau a bit oblivious to the ways of women and the effect the blushing was having on her face.

Almost not waiting for a response he turned his attention back to Pyroth "and you? How is this tropical paradise fairing you?"  

Doctor Moreau
Captain

Pyroth Ignatius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:48 am
Pyroth noted Ambrose's apparent discomfort at being directly queried about his health and assumed that he must have received a similar "vaccination" to himself. However, that didn't mean that Pyroth himself didn't feel a little edgy himself. The less he thought about that injection, so dark and vicious looking, the better.

In response to Moreau's direct question, Pyroth shot him a defiant glance, one that stated that he would return civility with civility but there was no trust there. "It will suffice I suppose." he stated calmly. "A little remote though."

Almost as a result of his subconcious, he found himself drifting a little bit away from the others, examining the shallows meticulously for any sign of that stupid little supplies pod that seemed to have no chance of showing up anymore.

Pyroth fell easy into daydreams, but never meant to seem rude by doing so.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:54 am
Aubrey nodded. "Doing really well. Its so pretty out here. I was thinking abuot going swimming..."

She raised a hand to her cheek. "Burning? Oh, uhm..." I dare you, her more flirty side told her. "Well, I have some more suntan lotion." She pulled out of bottle of SPF50 and placed it in his hands, turning her back and looking over her shoulder to him expectantly

Aubrey Lockheart
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:55 am
Ambrose noted Pyroth's uncomfortableness to the same question. He must be another research subject here as well. That made sense - Ambrose was begining to wonder - after all, don't medical studies require a great number of subjects? Even High School science had taught him that. Apparently the rather quiet man didn't much care for the location. In fact he seemed quite tense in general since the Doctor showed up. Moreau did give off rather strange vibes... not that that was necessarily indicative of anything, of course. Maybe he just didnt' like doctors. He looked like a Native American and he had heard of clashing views of medicine before. Especially with the markings on his face and the feathers, this was no Native American-by blood only with things like that. But then why would he have agreed to the study.... well... there was the money.

Noting his wandering off he looked back to the Doctor, realizing that he was back in the company of the two scientists again, although Aubrey didn't exactly come off really as a scientist nearly as much as Moreau did.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:58 am
"Ohhh ummm... well I meant just the face really but, I guess." Moreau dabbed some of the bottle into his hand and began to rub it along Aubrey's back. His eyes were more on Ambrose than Aubrey though as was probably easy to tell from the fact that he would continue to rub the same place repeatedly.

"Have you been enjoying the food Ambrose? How have you been eating here? Since the food is all on me." Moreau moved his hands to a different area of Aubrey's back but then continued his distracted suntan lotion spreading.  

Doctor Moreau
Captain

Aubrey Lockheart
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:00 am
Not that Aubrey cared. She blushed a deeper shade of red but smiled contently. If she were a cat, she's be purring. She closed her eyes and wished it would go on forever.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:04 am
If Ambrose had felt a bit awkward before with Pyroth there, he felt equally so, if in a different way, awkward now with Aubrey openly flirting with Moreau in front of him. His mind strayed to Angelina, and a blush rose to his own cheeks as he cleared his throat and returned his attention to to question.

"The food?" Ambrose started as his mind returned. "Well, it's not bad - reminds me of the cafeteria food on campus, actually..." The question itself seemed pointed as Ambrose thought back to his appetite. "I guess I've been eating a bit more than usual..." He hesitated, realizing how much of an understatement that was. But this was a medical study. They needed to know accurate side-effects of the treatments or drugs or whatever... "Well.. rather a bit more than usual, actually" he begrudged, glancing over to where Pyroth was, convinced that he was probably out of hearing. "And still feeling a little bit off... though my arm is feeling better by now."  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Doctor Moreau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:10 am
"Is there anything we haven't been providing you with that you've been craving? Have the meats been satisfactory?" Moreau looked at Ambrose very interested at this point. "What about your sleep here? I've heard that change in climate can cause odd dreams."

Moreau continued to rub Aubrey's back, moving up to her shoulders. "Oh yes Aubrey, wanted to let you know, you've been an excellent help so far. I hope your enjoying the day off."  
Outdoor RP Areas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 246 247 248 249 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff