Relationship question Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divineseraph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:08 am
Max Guevara X452
Okay so I have this kind of complicating situation I would like some advice on.

I have a really good close friend whom I went to Bible School with last year. I'm still at said Bible School and I was talking to him last night. For the past couple of months he has been in a relationship. I was happy for him until last night I started talking to him and I found out that the girl he is in a relationship with is Wiccan and he doesn't want to break her heart because he knows she loves him. So he doesn't want to break up with her.

I asked him if he thought he was honoring God in the situation because that is one of the most important things in life; to be doing what God wants you to do and honor him through all things.

He said he didn't think so.

Then he asked him what he would do with this new found information and he said that he should pray.

He knew she was wiccan before he got into the relationship with her and when I asked him why he was dating her when he knew she was wiccan the only explanation he gave me was, "it happened so fast."

I honestly don't understand his logic behind this because I know he is firmly founded in Christianity and he is a strong Christian, so why would he go and do something like this?

I would never consider dating anyone who had the same religious beliefs as I do for a couple of reasons. I find dating headed towards the possibility of marriage and I would never consider marrying anyone who did not have the same faith as me. Does that make sense?

Also, to lead someone on like that is wrong, don't you think?

Me and my only boyfriend broke up in Febuary and we talked long and hard about the reasons behind the breakup which I am very grateful for because a lot of people don't get that. It had nothing to do with how we flt for each other.. Nothing at all and yet we knew that it was the right thing to do just because of the things that we were going through. I had to learn to rely on God because I relied on him throughout most of the relationship.

The point is; he broke my heart though, even though he loved me and knew it would be hard; he knew it was also right. It was the right thing to do whether he wanted to do it or not.

I don't know, I know the decision is ultimately his and I'm not trying to force him into anything at all; in fact I've very concerned for him because of this relationship because I care about him and I don't want his relationship with God to suffer because of this situation: but isn't there anything I can do to help him? I mean, I know I can pray and I am, but isn't there anything else I can do???

Advice?

God is found in many places, in many forms, in many bodies. The wiccan Goddesses are nothing more and nothing less than pieces of the same God.

What do the wiccan goddesses ask for? Is it not peace, harmony, and respect for what the creator has made? Is this so different from the face of your idea of God?

I see no contradiction, I see no danger for your boyfriend so long as he is a decent person and follows the basic rules of the divine.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:13 pm
We Dont Negotiate
Quote:
If the marriage is equally yoked, the family godly, and everyone is focused on God, then there will be no problems.

Your joking yea, you are joking?

It doesnt matter how "Godly" you all can be, problems can arrise, people can fall out of love, situations can change, a Husband could become abbusive(or a wife).

There are many many interpriations of what could be "Godly"

There is nothing wrong with marrying outside the faith, and that's it

How much nonsense you are spouting! We are specifically told not to marry outside the faith!

2 Corinthians 4:14-15

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?

This even comes from the Old Testament! Israel yoked itself with other religions. Solomon yoked himself with wives and concubines of other religions and as a result he began to fall and practice witchcraft (which is a sin, and yes, it IS stated as a sin in the Bible).  

SloanSage

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:50 pm
SloanSage
We Dont Negotiate
Quote:
If the marriage is equally yoked, the family godly, and everyone is focused on God, then there will be no problems.

It doesnt matter how "Godly" you all can be, problems can arrise, people can fall out of love, situations can change, a Husband could become abbusive(or a wife).

How much nonsense you are spouting! We are specifically told not to marry outside the faith!

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?

This even comes from the Old Testament! Israel yoked itself with other religions. Solomon yoked himself with wives and concubines of other religions and as a result he began to fall and practice witchcraft (which is a sin, and yes, it IS stated as a sin in the Bible).

God is love. Therefore, love is God. If you love someone, you have the power of God between you. Doctrine cannot destroy God, however many times it may try.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:07 am
SloanSage
Dark Angel Rai
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
Dark Angel Rai
SloanSage
lordstar
So she's Wiccan
and she loves him
and...I'm waiting to hear the downside to this relationship

Ummm... they are unevenly yoked?

Check out 2 Corinthians 6:14
a
Also see bible.com and type in the search "yoked" you will come up with many times Israel was yoked with another god and another religion. God is a jealous God. you cannot serve Him in the correct way when your wife will not follow.

A pair of oxen cannot pull a cart anywhere when they are pulling opposite ways.

He cannot be the spiritual leader of his household when others in the house will not follow him (and that means his wife). If he loves her, he will break-up with her, tell her why, and try to help her see who Jesus is from an outside relationship.
You can be in love with someone of a different religion. My dad is an atheist and my mum is Catholic. They've been married for 20 years and have not once had a conflict over their choices in religion or lack thereof. I dated a Christian for year and we didn't have any issues over our religion. Neither of us really cared about what God we worshipped or how we did it. All that mattered to us and all that should matter is that we love each other. That is all God is about is love. I don't think God would really care as long as you love each other. And last I checked the wedding vows didn't state that you have to be a Christian to love. All they say is "To have and to love in this marriage." And regardless of what religion you are it is still "Till Death Do you part".
lack of conflict is not always the case, and the depth of your relationship with god reflects how you see this issue. this sort of thing is hard to deal with, but in the end it is god who you should please. god has a plan for everyone of us, and pleasing him not only follows his plan, but insures that God has something better lined up for us.
Has it ever occured to you why 50% of marriages end in divorce and why many of those marriages are Christians? I think the problem with that is devoting all your love to God and not to your spouse. God may be jealous but a wife can be more jealous. A husband is even more jealous.

Nothing is perfect. No one is perfect. Even if two Christians marry there will still be arguements, fighting, etc. It happens in marriage. It's about compromise. And divine said it best. God is love. And love knows no religion.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:09 am
SloanSage
We Dont Negotiate
Quote:

When Jesus came, he made the OT laws null and void. The OT also says not to wear cotton or eat shellfish, do you do both? If you do then you're sinning according to the OT. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:45 pm
Last time I checked 2 Corinthians was in the NEW Testament.

Yes, God is love, but love from humans is imperfect. God is perfect love. We do not have that.

1 Corinthians 13

Love:

Patient
Kind
Not Envious
Not Boastful
Not Prideful
Not Rude

That is God and His Love

Our love...
full of pride, envy (we get soooo jealous), boasting and pride. We are rude to each other, even when it is a little thing.

That is not the love of God.

And love is not God. Where does doctrine state that?

And I do not eat any fish. Merely because i do not like fish (one too many bad experiences... and it just tastes fishy... ick...)  

SloanSage

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:51 am
SloanSage

Yes, God is love, but love from humans is imperfect. God is perfect love. We do not have that.

1 Corinthians 13

Love:

Patient
Kind
Not Envious
Not Boastful
Not Prideful
Not Rude

That is God and His Love

Our love...
full of pride, envy (we get soooo jealous), boasting and pride. We are rude to each other, even when it is a little thing.

And I do not eat any fish. Merely because i do not like fish (one too many bad experiences... and it just tastes fishy... ick...)

Maybe YOUR love is like that, and if so, you're doing it wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:47 am
SloanSage
We Dont Negotiate
Quote:

Oooh I could'nt resist, Solomon never began to practice withcraft, he started a form of Ceramonial Magic which focuses entirely around God and the divine. Many Rituals in this practice start and end with segments of the Lord's prayer, all of the Rituals call upon Angels to guard you and aid you they all seek to empower bless, pure, and sanctify. Yes he is acreddited to the starting of the Goteia however it's links are very tenuous.

As for your quote i would first like to remind you that it is SIX 14-15 and not four.
The command is literally Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. The verb heterozygew is an agricultural term that refers to the practice of yoking to a plow too unequal kinds of animals such as an ox and a donkey. This would suggest that unequal associations betoeen Christians and non-Christians are what Paul specifically has in mind. Five synonyms are employed to describe the kinds of associations that are forbidden. Metoche ("have in common"), found nowhere else in the Greek Bible, and koinonia ("fellowship") mean to partner or share. Symphonesis ("harmony") signifies to be in agreement with or of one accord. Meris ("in common") denotes a shared lot or portion. Synkatathesis ("agreement") is commonly used of a decision arrived at by a group. Paul is clearly thinking of associations that involve a partnership rather than a casual or occasional working relationship.

The specific kinds of partnerships are left unnamed. A principle is merely articulated and understanding of its application assumed (compare Jas 1:27, "to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"). This may be because Paul dealt with specific instances in 1 Corinthians, so that the Corinthians understand quite well what kinds of partnerships are in view. For example, he had reprimanded them for allowing their legal disputes with one another to be arbitrated by the secular courts ("in front of unbelievers," 6:1-6). He had admonished them for participating with pagans in their cultic meals (10:6-22). And he had rebuked them for approving of sexual unions with prostitutes (6:12-20) and for taking pride in the sexual liaison betoeen a Christian and his stepmother (5:1-13).

So it is unequal partnerships believers form with secular society( unbelievers) that are of concern to Paul.

But even without that the end of the matter is im not going to have anyone tell me i cant marry my Girlfriend just because she isnt Christian, she is far nicer more chartible and loving than "any" chrisitan ive ever met. Just because she doesnt belive in God should have no effect on wether i can marry her or not.(and thankfully it doesnt).

If you still insist on arguing this faltering point, ill try and get some more counter arguments from my Priest im sure He and his Atheist Wife would be very interested in this.  

We Dont Negotiate

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:36 am
We Dont Negotiate
SloanSage
We Dont Negotiate
Quote:

Oooh I could'nt resist, Solomon never began to practice withcraft, he started a form of Ceramonial Magic which focuses entirely around God and the divine. Many Rituals in this practice start and end with segments of the Lord's prayer, all of the Rituals call upon Angels to guard you and aid you they all seek to empower bless, pure, and sanctify. Yes he is acreddited to the starting of the Goteia however it's links are very tenuous.

As for your quote i would first like to remind you that it is SIX 14-15 and not four.
The command is literally Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. The verb heterozygew is an agricultural term that refers to the practice of yoking to a plow too unequal kinds of animals such as an ox and a donkey. This would suggest that unequal associations betoeen Christians and non-Christians are what Paul specifically has in mind. Five synonyms are employed to describe the kinds of associations that are forbidden. Metoche ("have in common"), found nowhere else in the Greek Bible, and koinonia ("fellowship") mean to partner or share. Symphonesis ("harmony") signifies to be in agreement with or of one accord. Meris ("in common") denotes a shared lot or portion. Synkatathesis ("agreement") is commonly used of a decision arrived at by a group. Paul is clearly thinking of associations that involve a partnership rather than a casual or occasional working relationship.

The specific kinds of partnerships are left unnamed. A principle is merely articulated and understanding of its application assumed (compare Jas 1:27, "to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"). This may be because Paul dealt with specific instances in 1 Corinthians, so that the Corinthians understand quite well what kinds of partnerships are in view. For example, he had reprimanded them for allowing their legal disputes with one another to be arbitrated by the secular courts ("in front of unbelievers," 6:1-6). He had admonished them for participating with pagans in their cultic meals (10:6-22). And he had rebuked them for approving of sexual unions with prostitutes (6:12-20) and for taking pride in the sexual liaison betoeen a Christian and his stepmother (5:1-13).

So it is unequal partnerships believers form with secular society( unbelievers) that are of concern to Paul.

But even without that the end of the matter is im not going to have anyone tell me i cant marry my Girlfriend just because she isnt Christian, she is far nicer more chartible and loving than "any" chrisitan ive ever met. Just because she doesnt belive in God should have no effect on wether i can marry her or not.(and thankfully it doesnt).

If you still insist on arguing this faltering point, ill try and get some more counter arguments from my Priest im sure He and his Atheist Wife would be very interested in this.
But we're all equal in God's eyes right? We all believe in the same concept and in the same God. Should it really matter to him who we marry?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:39 am
SloanSage

1 Corinthians 13

Love:

Patient
Kind
Not Envious
Not Boastful
Not Prideful
Not Rude

That is God and His Love

Our love...

Love is not imperfect. It matters not where it came. If it came from humans then would God be imperfect, since he is God and gave us the ability to love. He gave us those feelings. And if I remember correctly, God is a JEALOUS God. Therefore he does get jealous and if he gets jealous then he would be imperfect since Jealousy is an imperfect emotion.

Arguements are what help the relationship. It opens up for communication. God is love. So therefore Love is God. If you don't think that Love is God then you really don't know what love is.  

Neferet -House of Night-

We Dont Negotiate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:59 pm
Dark Angel Rai
We Dont Negotiate
SloanSage
We Dont Negotiate
Quote:

But we're all equal in God's eyes right? We all believe in the same concept and in the same God. Should it really matter to him who we marry?

I was agreeing with you...its completely cool to marry outside of it  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:36 pm
We Dont Negotiate
Dark Angel Rai
We Dont Negotiate
SloanSage
We Dont Negotiate
Quote:

I was agreeing with you...its completely cool to marry outside of it
Oh. Well I made a complete arse out of myself then. -.-  

Neferet -House of Night-

Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out