[PRP] Hesitant Heart (Leon/Gemma) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:53 pm
The nuzzle was appreciated and she let calm wash over her, golden eyes slipping shut as she leaned into it, "If you were bold and self assured and all of that, perhaps I would have been scared away?" She offered. Too much self confidence tended to put her off - Zevach had merely made her twitch inwardly at his tough attitude as a foal, though. Then again he didn't come off as an arrogant sod, either. Arrogance. She hated it.

Leon's next words made her still, though, and a heat come to her face, "Is that what you're trying to do, Leon?" she asked tentatively after a moment, tilting her head upward and watching him nearly trip. She fought a giggle, and coughed to cover it up, "Sweep me off my feet?" A step closer to him. Nobody had ever tried to sweep the gemling off her feet before and while her brothers had dutifully warned her of stallions doing such, she didn't have anything to fear from this shy creature, did she?

The question was if she wanted to be swept off her feet or not. Gemma had never much been one of those little fillies who dreamed of their knight in shining armor. She'd been too busy with things that mattered. A practical gal, even if she didn't mind dreaming. In fact, she found Leon's dreamer quality quite endearing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:07 pm
Startled, Leon's head shot up, eyes wide. "ME? Oh... ah... uh....," and he promptly tripped over his own feet, staggering a step or two. How was he supposed to answer that? Wildly, he thought as hard as he could for the right response. Because after all, he wasn't a forward, aggressive sort who tried to do that... and if he had tried, he'd certainly have failed miserably. But if he said no, it'd be akin to telling her she wasn't attractive and worth lavishing with love and affection.

Miserable in his quandry, he didn't notice a toddler wobbling up behind him. A sudden steady tug on the longest hairs of his curling tail made him snort in surprise and mild dismay. Something held him stock still though, as he turned to see what was accosting him. There the baby stood, small fist tightly wound with his black-tipped hairs. He supressed the urge to switch his tail violently and sent Gemma a silent plea for help.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:11 pm
Gemma hid a smile at his reaction to it and flushed deeply herself - thank god for dark coats - and she shook her head, "No need to answer it, Leon," she said, half afraid of the answer herself! So, when one of the toddlers of the village came and started tugging on the stallion's tail she burst out into a laughing fit.

Ah, saved by a baby! Gemma shook her head and at the look she was given she took a few steps forward. Head bent downward and let her nose gently bop at the little one. A low, soft whinny was given as a sort of admonishment. Another nudge was given, still gentle, trying to get across to the small one that what it was doing was not right.

"Patience, Leon," she murmured, "No moving." Admiring his restraint, yes, but she still felt the need to voice it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:23 pm
He shifted his weight uncomfortably, but never raised a hoof to move from where he stood. Meanwhile, he took advantage of the distraction to think. Should he voice his interest plainly? Honesty did seem to work well for him, and he trusted the truth to generally be the right answer in tough situations.

But this situation was different somehow. He could almost feel the teetering in the balance of what could be and what wouldn't be. He poked and prodded his heart, trying to probe its depths for the right answer. All it did was tell him what he already knew... he did want to pursue this mare, but in his own way. Certainly not the ways of his family, heavens no! Perhaps... perhaps that was the answer?

He breathed a sigh of relief as the babe took the hint and untangled its fingers from his curly tail and smiled his thanks to his companion. He then took a breath and held it for a moment before speaking.

"Gemma, I am not like my family. I do not seek for sleeping partners, nor do I feel proud of conquests." He had to wince at that particular thought. If anything, he'd rather hide and forget his last 'conquest'. "I don't want to bedazzle you into loving me," a gulp at that L word, "or enticing you into wanting me." He sought her eyes, his need to impart his intensity in this was strong.

"What I want isn't something fleeting, nor something shallow." He took a breath, trembling on the insde at his daring to open himself like this. "My answer to your question is that I do want to get to know you, to grow close to you... m-m-maybe to love you." His voice cracked a bit in his nervousness at that L word again. "But I can promise you this. Never will I hurt you." His voice and eyes were tender then, regaining confidence in his deep assurance of this. "I promise not to push you. All it takes is a word from you, and I will leave you alone." Somehow this didn't seem likely, but it seemed necessary to say.

"If that is sweeping you off your hooves, then..... well, I guess yes?" He ducked his head a bit, suddenly bashful again. Now the question was, what did she think of his answer?

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:34 pm
Gemma seemed satisfied when the little one let go of her companion's tail and nuzzled at it affectionately, "That's a good little one," she murmured sweetly, lipping at the child for a moment before it started to toddle off to find something more interesting. Ah, the look the gemling gave. Such sweet little ones in the village. She adored them.

Hearing Leon speak, Gemma lifted her head to look at him while she listened. His words...Well, she already knew he wasn't like his family. She'd heard stories of the cardinal stallion and she could already tell that Leon was nothing like that - and while she hadn't met this radiant sister or his mother, they were like him, weren't they? So obviously, Leon was different. She liked it that way, to be honest. Though at the 'L' word, Gemma's chest tightened just slightly. Oh, dear, this was entirely new territory and she had no map! When their eyes met, Gemma held his gaze by sheer will power. Everything inside of her was screaming at her to run away - she wasn't used to such...things. She didn't know what to say or how to react.

With all the 'warnings' her brothers and father and even her mother gave her nothing prepared her to be face to face with something like -this- in the least bit.

Gemma was quiet for a long time, contemplating how to answer, how to respond. Each word she found somehow didn't fit right but she had to say something before she made it seem as though he'd said something wrong. Lips parted and for a moment nothing came out before she forced herself to speak.

"Leon..." Great way to start it. It sounded like she was turning him down already! Mentally kicking herself, she started up again, "You're doing a good job of it."

There. Simple, wasn't it? But Gemma didn't know what else to say. The mare that generally had some kind of words for any situation was speechless...for the most part.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:42 pm
Well! A moment of confusion as to what "it" was that he was doing well cleared as understanding dawned. He... was courting a mare? The very idea made him giddy, and for a moment, lost in his own world of happiness, he pranced in place like a delighted foal. Forcibly he brought his head out of the clouds and made himself settle a bit. It was an odd situation to be the one feeling excited and a bit full of himself while his companion was the befuddled and tongue-tied one.

Still feeling high on elation, he whickered softly, arching his neck unconciously and blowing warm breath against her shoulder and up her neck, where he nuzzled her. Such a harmless, gentle gesture, but one full of his feelings. After a suddenly brilliant smile at her, he opted to steer things in a new direction.

"Shall we look for your medicine woman? She sounds like a wonderous teacher." His expression turned thoughtful. "Maybe I could learn something from her too." If nothing else, he'd learn more about these bizarre humans.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:58 pm
That. Right there. That was one of the things about Leon that had her so attached already! That simple delight as he pranced around like a foal. So few had the ability to let go and do just that and it warmed her heart. And then he was nuzzling her and sending electricity through her. It was wonderful - even if she was confused as all hell on which way to go!

"Yes, that would be nice. I'm not sure if she's anywhere close, though," she murmured, furrowing her brows and looking around. Truthfully, the woman could be anywhere considering the fair amount of herbs that there were in the lands. Not all of them were in the forest. "She may be with Aelina...I didn't see her around here. Though, it's possible she's off helping someone herself." Nodding her head, she started toward the edge of the village and back into the forest, expecting the other to follow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:17 pm
Very willingly he followed her away from the bulk of two-leggers. Their movement didn't startle him so much now, but he still felt wary. Most of all he despised the noise of them all! With flaring nostrils he shook his head, loosening a single black petal. He respected the place because it was so clearly a second home to Gemma. But he wasn't entirely sure it was a place for him. Not yet, at least.

It was a blessed relief to head into the forest with her, and as he slanted her a thoughtful look, it occured to him to wonder about whether Gemma flew. He'd never seen her, the whole two times he'd met her. Did she stay ground-bound out of deference to him? He didn't mind at all walking while he got to watch others fly. It made his heart soar, made him dreamy. He decided now wasn't the best time to bring the subject up, however. It might come out as a more lewd sort of suggestion, and he wasn't about to chance that.

Instead, he chose to look at the world through her 'eyes'. He examined plants as they passed them, paying infinitely more attention to them than he would have normally. He noticed that the leaves had certain shapes, which differed in both major and minor ways. He mulled about this a bit before he spoke up. "Do the leaf shapes mean anything?" It was rather out of the blue, but he didn't realize that. To him, he was following his line of thought, as always, whether it was daydreamed or not. It just so happened that this time, it was very solidly based in reality.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:24 pm
The question was certainly out of nowhere, but Gemma didn't seem to mind. In fact, that he was taking interest in her field at all made her heart flutter slightly in her chest, "Size, color, shape. Everything means something, though not necessarily the same for each plant. None are the same, but some are very close to each other. Just because two leaves have the same shape doesn't mean they have the same properties." she paused, "There are some very poisonous flowers and plants, and most of them are very pretty and very colorful. But there are also very helpful plants that are pretty and colorful as well. One has to be very careful when working with things because...the wrong plant could cause much damage."

It was probably the first time he'd think of healing as something complicated that could harm instead of help - most didn't understand the dangers posed in the hands of a healer - a non magic healer, mind - that didn't know what they were doing. "Nightshade, for example, can be helpful even though it's a toxin. It all depends on how much is used, and for what. It's a very valuable plant to healing...and a very deadly poison if used incorrectly."

Now she felt like a teacher! But...maybe that was a good thing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:35 pm
He listened closely, filing the information away for later reference. Apparently there was much more to this plant stuff than he'd thought. He tended to think of plants in three catagories. Trees, plants to eat, and plants not to eat. It was surprising to discover there were such nuances to such simple things as plants. He eyed a red veined leaf suspiciously as they strolled past it.

"How would a simpleton like me know what was dangerous to eat, then?" he inquired. After all, maybe his favorite snacks were bad for him in the long run! It boggled his mind that greenery could be good for healing as well. Especially when it didn't appear to be good for eating, like that bitter leaf she'd had him use on her the other day.

Another out of the blue question came flying out of his mouth too, surprising him. "Which is your favorite flower, Gemma?" He didn't mean for using to heal, of course, but for asthetics. Trust his subconcious to nudge him to ask something like that to use later on. This courting stuff was a strange business. He never knew what would happen from one moment to the next, much less what would come out of his very own mouth.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:42 pm
Gemma shook her head, "I...You can't, really," she said after a moment, "I'd stay away from any bitter berries. Generally, the ones bad for you do taste bad. There are exceptions, like the plant you helped me with, but for the most part they don't taste very good. So if you're chewing something and it tastes bitter and unpleasant, stay away from it. It's better safe than sorry, anyway, and you don't want to eat bitter things anyway unless I tell you to." She flashed him a smile. She'd be his guide.

The second question came when she was still in teaching mode and so her brain automatically went to what plant was most useful! "Oh...Well, that would be the snakeroot that we used. It has wonderful properties that kills most bacteria...." Leave her to go science-nerd on the stallion when he was asking about something not medical.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:49 pm
His temperature went up a few notches as she spoke so familiarly with him. The way she'd phrased that had implied she'd be spending more time with him! It made him glow, and he beamed at her happily, his steps turning just slightly bouncy. He'd happily take orders from her, so long as she still wanted him with her.

But then Leon hesitated. Had she understood his question about flowers? Best make sure. "So... you think snakeroot has the prettiest flowers of all the plants you love so well?" He smiled gently, not bothered by it if that was indeed her favorite. If that's what she preferred, at least he knew (sort of) waht it looked like!

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:52 pm
Gemma was about to confirm it when the question repeated itself in her brain and she blushed deeply, "Ahh...Oh, no. I...I think my favorite would be larkspur. It's a very poisonous flower, but...it's beautiful. So bright and colorful." A smile came to her face as she thought of the plant. So many would have said daisies or roses or something...mundane. But no, Gemma was out there and had very odd tastes. She'd seen more flowers than most would have - or at least knew how to identify more.

She took a step forward and nosed at the black roses in his hair, "And I'm assuming these are your favorite, Leon?" she murmured, turning her head to look at him with a look of amusement in her eyes - happy amusement.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:09 pm
Larkspur... it certainly sounded pretty, and like it suited her. He mentally repeated it to himself, so as not to forget. Larkspur. It sounded so... lilting and lovely. His eyes glassed over for a moment, dreaming of what it sounded like to him. Purple clouds and trilling song. A dreamy smile drifted across his face.

The sudden nearness of her, the warmth of her body and the touch of her breath against his neck awoke him to a much more pleasant reality, and he again tingled from nose to tailtip with the electricity of her nearness. In fact, it so befuddled him that he nearly wasn't able to think clearly enough to answer her properly.

"They....," he began slowly, breathing in her scent. "They are a family tradition," he managed finally. "My father wears them, as does my sister." Another breath laden with her sweet nearness and he curved his neck to peer back at the ones in his tail. "Black is a rather odd color for a flower, I suppose, but it suits our coloring."

He chuckled suddenly. "They are ridiculously hard to find, but I think we have the market cornered on their locations." He flashed her a warm smile at his amusement. "So if you have a sudden demand for black roses, you know who to come find!"

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Kyribird

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:32 am
Gemma's eyes sparkled and she held back a laugh at the look that came over the stallion's face. If she was more experienced she would have instantly realized how smitten the other was with her - but instead she was happily oblivious to what it meant. Gemma, in fact, just thought it was part of his dreamer-like quality and kept it to that.

"Family tradition, hm? Ours doesn't have one, I don't think, though it has become tradition to try and annoy Zaris between the three of us siblings." a smirk crossed her lips, "What will it cost me if I want one, hm? If they're rare, they'd have to cost me something!"

In her experience, rare things came at a price. Especially in the village where they used bartering. Some of the rarer herbs fetched a rather pretty penny though Gemma never understood why.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff