Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] The Return of Cheer Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asparegus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:05 am
He opened his mouth to speak, to comment back. And then he blinked a little startled. "Um, uh, yea... yea, I'll stay here." But as soon as her little speech was done, she was gone. He was rather shocked about her comment about being ruled by emotions. Because really, from all he'd been towards her, he probably would have seemed like a creepy lion to another. But she had seen past that, or forgiven him, or whatever it was that made her not hate him the way he was.

He made a small little prayer right then that whoever this Muroki was wouldn't attack him. That this lion Safiya was obviously so happy to be friends with would accept him as she had.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:25 pm
Muroki was dallying behind the others, wary of the fact Safiya had yet to return from her detour. While they didn't travel always side by side, he didn't want anyone straying too far or getting left too far behind. As a group on the move he felt it was safer to keep an eye on the lionesses and he felt responsible for them all - it was because oh him that they were on the move after all.

He sat on a slight hill and kept an eye out for the pale female, washing a forepaw to keep himself busy. Muroki was sure he was just being too concerned, but considering his past? Better to wait for any stragglers.

Successful Edit

Lisirra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:51 pm
Safiya was skipping along at full speed in the direction where she had left the others in the group. Being her usual oblivious self, she nearly ran straight past her friend Muroki without even seeing him. He was a blur of brown fur in her peripheral vision. When she realized her mistake, she quickly backtracked and caught up with the brown male.

"Hi Muroki, how are you?" she greeted him with a breathless smile. "Sorry I was gone so long. I come across this lion named Moyenda and he's really nice and friendly and I like him, and I was wondering if maybe he could come with us to your pride? I think he wants to. It's up to you of course, you're in charge and everything, but I thought maybe you'd meet him. If you don't want to though I understand. He's right over this way, I told him to wait and I'd be right back..."

Out of breath but still talking a mile a minute, Safiya nodded her head in the direction she had just come. While she did want Muroki to meet and like her new friend, she valued his judgment highly and wouldn't complain if he disagreed. She knew he was a pretty smart lion. But still, he was nice as well, and she was fairly confident he would allow Moyenda to come along - otherwise she wouldn't have asked.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:11 pm
"Hello again." As he always had so far, Muroki just smiled and tried to keep up with the bubbly female. She often spoke quickly and leapt from one thing to another, though the sandy male didn't mind. He'd just make sure he listened to her closely to make sure he understood her. In this case he chose to ignore how she'd asked after him and concentrated on the part about her friend.

Another male, eh? Well well. Muroki hated to say he was biased but he would be more cautious of another male. While he was only interested in Johari romantically and as a mate, he didn't want any of his girls pressured into anything. Nor did he wish for a rival as leader. The las thing they needed was lion vs lion. Funny how he'd never been cynical of other males before he became a sort of leader, but maybe it was a good thing...he just wanted them all to be safe...

Still. Everyone deserves a chance and clearly Safiya thought he was an okay guy. Muroki got to his paws and made to follow her if she'd lead the way.

"I'll happily meet your friend, Safiya. And if he'd like to come and is a good lion, he'd be welcome to join us."

Successful Edit

Lisirra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:19 pm
Safiya had been waiting with an almost anxious look on her face. She hoped she hadn't overstepped her bounds; though Muroki was her friend, it was slowly becoming clearer to her that he was in charge of this little band that would become a new pride. She really wasn't anybody special, and was so happy to have this opportunity, she didn't want to alienate herself from anyone and mess everything up.

But when the words she hoped to hear came out of Muroki's mouth, she smiled. Making a visible effort to calm herself down, she said in an even voice, "Oh, good! If you'd just follow me, it's not far away, and we should see him soon. Oh I really hope you like him, I think you will. I'm not much, but I'm a good judge of character. I have a good feeling. You'll see."

Safiya began walking back towards the place she had left Mo, making sure to walk slowly and trying to walk gracefully, like a lady and not a bothersome child.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:27 pm
Mo waited a little anxiously in the clearing. He was about average height for a male lion with a little more meat on his bones from good huntings recently but he still had the look of a whipping boy rather than a male who could take care of himself. He was now rather excited about the whole idea of going but more for slightly selfish reasons: to be able to be almost a new person with only himself to know what he once was.

He heard rustling in the distance. So she had come back. And now he was a little bit nervous too. He tried to calm down and sat down, least his pacing give him away.

Asparegus

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:38 pm
Muroki followed Safiya back to where she'd come from. The large lion was kind of amused she was obviously trying to change her gait to something more elegant and restrained than her normal energetic bounce. Was she trying to impress someone? This male perhaps? Or get on Muroki's 'good side' even though she was already there? SIlly dear.

He remained silent on the walk, thinking. When the other male came into view, he cast an eye over him - average height, not in bad condition, nice brown fur, smelt healthy enough. Nothing bad so far. Muroki offered Moyenda a friendly smile, though he no longer bowed his head to strangers. Then he looked to Safiya expectantly - introduce us?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:46 pm
Safiya wasn't too dense to take Muroki's hint - after all, she was trying to be on her best behavior. This was an important meeting. She wanted to impress Muroki by her good choice of a possible new companion, as well as impress Moyenda with her association with this lion who was going to be a great ruler of a pride.

"Muroki, this is my new friend Moyenda, who I think is a very good lion," she said, turning her eyes from one male to the other. "Moyenda, this is my old friend Muroki, who's very smart and nice as well." Even on her best behavior, she couldn't help but giggle softly. Old friends meeting new friends. It was so neat.

After her minimal introduction, Safiya hushed herself and did nothing more than move her blue eyes back and forth from one friend to the other.

Happy as she was, Safiya was determined to be in the background and be still. This was between Moyenda and Muroki now. She watched and waited patiently, paying attention just in case she was called upon to speak again.

Lisirra

Asparegus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:51 pm
Mo was used to giving him own introductions so he flushed just a little when she did so for him and grappled for something to say. "Just call me Mo," he settled on with a nod. "In our little meeting, Safiya has told me a lot about you. I almost misunderstood your relationship." It was an attempt at being good-humored and he hoped it was working. And he wasn't lying either so hopefully that gave him some points too. "I think the part that interests me the most is the goal you're working towards."

He nodded, dipping it enough below a nod to resemble a motion of respect. He may have only lived the life of a prince for a couple months of his life but it was enough to recognize someone of power anywhere. Diplomatic was his goal but being diplomatic could be taken in a negative light too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:58 pm
"Pleasure to meet you Mo. " Had he known the other male was also royalty, Muroki would have returned the gesture, but Kainda had told him off the last time she'd see him acting like just another guy. Between the wolf and everything else, he was trying to live up to being royalty and all that jazz. Though it did feel rude he was sure he'd get used to it. And Mo did seem alright so far. If this contuned this well, the brown male would be one of the group in no time, with the same three chances to fit in as everyone else who'd joined them since the Unity Walkers had. Would be nice to have another male around perhaps.

"Safiya mentioned you were interested in it. It is a lite out of the ordinary...and also that might like to travel with us?"

Successful Edit

Asparegus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:15 pm
It did not matter that Muroki did not know. As a matter of fact, he preferred it that way. The way he had been separated from his family was a rather disgraceful one. And most of his life, he had been a rogue. The respect of royalty towards him would have made him too uncomfortable.

Little out of the ordinary? Mo didn't doubt that. "Yes, I am." he replied with a nod. "I would like to if that would be ok."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:36 pm
"I don't see why not, you seem to be a decent sort of lion."

"I have only a few requests. Firstly, try to learn a few basics about the clan as we walk, if you intend to make it your home. And secondly, treat everyone with respect and look out for them. And third, let me know now if you won't be helping fight the vultures. I won't ask anyone to fight whose not willing but...we do need all the help we can get." Muroki laid down the few laws he'd come up with clearly and tried not to make it sound pressuring. But that was the code they went by right now. If Mo wanted to come along, that's what it took.

Successful Edit

Asparegus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:43 pm
Mo nodded dutifully. He could do that ....wait. Vultures? There were vultures? They had to fight vultures? This was... unexpected. Fight for a home? Because that was what it must have meant. A large part of him, a cowardly part, wanted to say no, that he couldn't do it. But the rebellious, whiny part actually said yes. He had been fighting to live all his life. He could pour all that figurative fighting into an actual fight and truly win himself a home in the process. "I don't know how much help I'll be against vultures, sir, but I will do whatever I can," he said finally with a nod.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:52 pm
"Thankyou." Muroki nodded, understanding. He wished they didn't have to fight at all...but as they did, any help would be useful. Moyenda would be found a role even if it wasn't fighting. Maybe a messenger or something of the sort. A hunter for food to keep up their strengths.

"Welcome to the Clan, Moyenda." The Dawnwalker prince grinned, and offered a paw, as if to grasp the others in his own. Like a hand shake or a warriors clasp on anothers forearm.

Successful Edit

Asparegus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Mo in return pressed a paw to the outstretched one, the best handshake a lion could provide. "Thank you," he replied with another bow of his head.

((so did not know what to have him do xD;; ))  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff