no
  maybe
  poll whore
View Results

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:51 pm
lordstar
trinity343
i personally would say yes. so much good can come out of a martyr's death stories in the books 'Jesus Freaks' show's proofs of this. besides i would much prefer dying for my faith then just a natural death anyway...i personally would find it an honor to be able to be counted among those who died for Christ's sake

it's ok
the men in white are just trying to help you

stare  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:47 pm
maplestoryjunky
lordstar
trinity343
i personally would say yes. so much good can come out of a martyr's death stories in the books 'Jesus Freaks' show's proofs of this. besides i would much prefer dying for my faith then just a natural death anyway...i personally would find it an honor to be able to be counted among those who died for Christ's sake

it's ok

stare

its only 3 days
just to make sure he's not crazy  

lordstar

nightshade213126

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:01 am
Remember what Christ said "If you deny me here on earth then I will deny you in front of the Father in heaven". "I tell you the truth you must love me more than your own life, he who loves his own life more than me loses it but whoever gives their life for me gains everlasting life in heaven".
If you arre a true Christian then you are left with no option. No one said that being a Christian was easy.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:22 pm
nightshade213126
Remember what Christ said "If you deny me here on earth then I will deny you in front of the Father in heaven". "I tell you the truth you must love me more than your own life, he who loves his own life more than me loses it but whoever gives their life for me gains everlasting life in heaven".
If you arre a true Christian then you are left with no option. No one said that being a Christian was easy.

Good point. I would die anyway.  

Duroonsia

Questionable Quesadilla

Enduring Elder

11,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:29 am
id honestly have to be in the situation, but i hope that id say yes
God gave his life, for us why shouldn't we give our lives towards him?
and even if the situation was just friends saying they wouldnt like you anymore because you were a Child of God, id hope we'd all say yes (lets hope that doesn't happen either...cause that would pretty much tell you that your friends were pretty crappy people lol))  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:31 am
lordstar
maplestoryjunky
lordstar
trinity343

it's ok

stare

its only 3 days
just to make sure he's not crazy

dude, stop being so disrespecful  

Questionable Quesadilla

Enduring Elder

11,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:39 pm
I would love to say I'd say yes, but in all honesty, how can I know unless I'm in the situation? I hope and pray that I would say yes. Because to say no, to deny my faith, what kind of person does that make me? To be so ashamed of God that I'd deny him? I couldn't live with myself if I did that. Jesus could've said "No" when they threatened to crucify him, but he didn't, why should I?
Persecution is one of those touchy subject. You'd like to say yes, but would you really? I literally pray that if I come up against Persecution, I won't turn my back on God. Going on to live another day and serve him, what's wrong with that? right? I just think that to deny God . . .it's not right. After all, Jesus said that we'd be persecuted, and he said that if we were ashamed of him, he would be ashamed of us before his father.

but . . .I can't really say I'd say yes.

and I just spent a lot of time rambling. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:05 pm
thestarthatshines
I would love to say I'd say yes, but in all honesty, how can I know unless I'm in the situation? I hope and pray that I would say yes. Because to say no, to deny my faith, what kind of person does that make me? To be so ashamed of God that I'd deny him? I couldn't live with myself if I did that. Jesus could've said "No" when they threatened to crucify him, but he didn't, why should I?
Persecution is one of those touchy subject. You'd like to say yes, but would you really? I literally pray that if I come up against Persecution, I won't turn my back on God. Going on to live another day and serve him, what's wrong with that? right? I just think that to deny God . . .it's not right. After all, Jesus said that we'd be persecuted, and he said that if we were ashamed of him, he would be ashamed of us before his father.

but . . .I can't really say I'd say yes.

and I just spent a lot of time rambling. xp

You let your thoughts & ideas spill into the keyboard. That's not rambling., silly. mrgreen
I'd agree with anyone who'd say I'd have to be in the situation. Honestly, what we say now.... Would it apply to then, when the time came? It's kind of like knowing "How many licks would it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop?" Just like they said," The world may never know....."  

Mjolnir The Hammer

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:51 pm
well, there's also the reasoning that, if we deny God to our friends and family now, who's to say a gun will make any difference towards the positive answer? If we say yes in that situation, but no in everyday life, then when we die a martyr, isn't that just searching for self glory instead of for God? I do this all the time, so I feel like a hypocrite saying these things, but, shouldn't we die to ourselves each day? I mean, die to our pride and just say yes, everyday, even when there's no threat? I think it almost takes more courage to instate change and make a decision when there's no threat, because we want to keep things peaceful. But shouldn't we technically be figurative martyrs everyday?

just a thought . . .  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:45 pm
thestarthatshines
well, there's also the reasoning that, if we deny God to our friends and family now, who's to say a gun will make any difference towards the positive answer? If we say yes in that situation, but no in everyday life, then when we die a martyr, isn't that just searching for self glory instead of for God? I do this all the time, so I feel like a hypocrite saying these things, but, shouldn't we die to ourselves each day? I mean, die to our pride and just say yes, everyday, even when there's no threat? I think it almost takes more courage to instate change and make a decision when there's no threat, because we want to keep things peaceful. But shouldn't we technically be figurative martyrs everyday?

just a thought . . .

I concur. I find myself doing this sometimes, but no one's asked if I believe in God... At all, in fact. I'm okay with that though, just so long as, when the time does come, I can give the answer I truly, deeply, and whole-heartedly believe: yes. cool  

Mjolnir The Hammer

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:44 am
maplestoryjunky
thestarthatshines

just a thought . . .

I concur. I find myself doing this sometimes, but no one's asked if I believe in God... At all, in fact. I'm okay with that though, just so long as, when the time does come, I can give the answer I truly, deeply, and whole-heartedly believe: yes. cool

Meh, I guess it just bother's me - but I agree with what you've got there as well. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:07 pm
Yes. Think about the hundreds of Christians around the world who face dangers every day for their faith. When you live where there is no religious freedom, the stakes are very high. Yet, there are Christians in those places who face torture, prison and even death for Christ.  

Archon Logos

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:54 pm
maplestoryjunky
Dude you seem like such a cool guy though. Why? Are you just keen on dying to be with God sooner? LoL Go on living and get the most out of it. Don't have the ambition to die. cry

Lol. When I die, I get to go to heaven and be a part of the Heavenly Host. What's not to look forward to?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:12 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
maplestoryjunky
Dude you seem like such a cool guy though. Why? Are you just keen on dying to be with God sooner? LoL Go on living and get the most out of it. Don't have the ambition to die. cry

Lol. When I die, I get to go to heaven and be a part of the Heavenly Host. What's not to look forward to?

Hehe, I see. That deserves an AMEN!

Mjolnir The Hammer

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:44 pm
Well, I don't know what the pressure would do to me... I would say yes, and he would shoot me, and I would hope to wake up in Heaven. Or I would say no, and then when he let me go I would probably fall on my knees and pray for forgiveness, and weep XD I think...  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff