Dean&Luna
Rumes&Tonks

fanfictions:
Snarry
Tonks&Charlie
Rumes&Hermoine  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:51 pm
phreise

They ended up with Teddy, born in a time where theres speculation, fear, and danger, and a father that didn't want him all the way. Lupin had no excuse for what a jerk he was. Just leave tonks and his kid so they'll be better off, even though they're hurt without him too.
White! He did want him, he was just afraid that he may have turned an innocent into a werewolf. Lupin was bitten at a very young age, and he remembered the pain of it, and the teasing of other kids. Also, his situation with not being able to get a job...He was so afraid, and in such a weak state of mind, He ran.

Also remember...The werewolf thing was WHY he didn't want to get married to tonks in the first place...He finally leaped past that and married her, but with the child, it brought up this fear again. With the war and everything going on...well...He just snapped under the pressure...

fourtysecondscarf

The Ghoul In Pajamas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:12 am
Im sorry for reviving dead posts but I am new and these threads are the best ones!

My favourite couple is Ron/Mione. It has been since the very first book and there were definitely signs from the first book. Deathly hallows was so adorable. How Ron was teaching Harry tact, and how he asked her to dance at the wedding. I did slightly feel bad for Harry though, he would have felt like the biggest third wheel.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:58 am
User Image

In all honesty - I'm not really impressed by any of the canon relationships, they were so obvious to me that after 7 books they bore me a little.

What I am a fan of is Luna & Harry (YES!) or Luna & Neville. Seriously, once you read some well-written fanfics of Luna & Harry you'll wish that they were together. smile

[Not in white because not relevant to spoilers!]

Orna

smaw12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:28 am
They were never really together, it was just kind of a one-date thing, but Fred and Angelina really worked. She's very dedicated to Quidditch and where she's going in life, and he's all about having fun but doing something good at the same time. Even though all they did together was the Yule Ball, they even each other out. heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:30 am
I just wanted to point this out... Jo was trying to decide between killing off Arthur, or Remus and Tonks. One side was a middle aged man who'd had a rich, full life, a loving family, and the youngest of his 7 kids was about to enter her final year of schooling, and was obviously set for life with the man of her dreams. The other side was a young, newly married couple with a baby and the rest of their lives together ahead of them.

Clearly, the obvious choice is to off the young couple, so that their infant child is tossed over to his 17 year old godfather before he ever got to know his parents. rolleyes gonk WHAT IS IT WITH HER AND KILLING THE PARENTS OFF WHEN THE KID IS A BABY?!?!?!?!?!?!  

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

AmethystDragon81

450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:34 pm
Even though a lot of people think there was no way it could have happened in canon, I love Draco and Hermione paired together. There were very tiny signs of things that could hvae easily caused things to be romantic between the two in canon and had Jo written certain things differently it definately could have happened. Don't believe me that there are signs? Go to www.contraveritas.com and click Why D/Hr? and read those essays. Those along with a very well written fanfiction helped turn me into a non-reversible Dramione fan.

I also love the thought of Snape being with Lily but then something happening that causes them to have to split, which is why Lily was with James, resulting in Harry. Tonks and Remus rocks, I like the idea of Blaise and Ginny, Harry and Luna or Ron and Luna(not as likely), I love Nevil and Luna together, Harry and Ginny is one of the few canon pairings I actually like, and dang, I like too many ships.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:47 pm
Haha, I liked that site. Some people would say that the person who did that is just overthinking it all, but that is exactly what I do on a regular basis! I found it all very interesting...  

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

AmethystDragon81

450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:02 pm
It is a very great site. I love it and they let me use the stuff in their Why D/Hr page for my own fansite. I don't think they are overthinking things because well, I think like that myself so things that are overthinking to one person aren't to me. Then again, it may be my creative, writer's mind that takes over, which is why I refrain from watching certain kinds of movies cause my mind goes into hyperdrive. LOL....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:04 am
I think we're past the point of needing to put this stuff in white.

I'm a bit of a diehard Ron/Hermione shipper, but I have a feeling I'm going to hate them together in the films.

The whole Snape/Lily thing incites no emotion whatsoever in me. I probably still haven't forgiven Snape for killing Albus, even though it was a premeditated act ordered by Dumbles himself. Sorry, Severus, I'm being totally unreasonable.
I can be very easily persuaded to love most non-canon ships that aren't cross-gen, incestuous or cross-species. I especially like things that have absolutely no canonical evidence backing them. Grubbly-Plank/Hooch, for example.

There are a few relationships (Harry/Draco and Draco/Hermione among them) I've made myself dislike. I overdosed on fanfic involving those relationships and I am now immune to their charms.
I can't stand Harry/Hermione because of the aforementioned love of R/Hr and some long, ultimately pointless arguments with H/Hr shippers.

I love the diversity of the HP fans in this guild and our shipping preferences are just one area where that is reflected. Shipping brings out the creative sides in some and the hyperlogical sides in others.  

avocadopenguin

Minerva the Whore 4 Books

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:52 pm
I'm a fan of Snape's unrequited love because it shows what a passionate person he is. He never lets go of his hate or his love; he's a fascinating person.

In spite of that, James/Lily is my favourite "canon" couple. I adore fan fics about them because it's great to see the various theories on how Lily's contempt for him turned to romance.

I heart Sirius/Remus, too. They are the couple I like best of ALL from any book/anime/movie EVER! If you disagree with me...Well, that's all right, but you absolutely can't convince me that they weren't together, so please don't try.

I don't like Harry/Ginny simply because I don't think JKR developed her character enough. Sure, in the Department of Mysteries we see she's brave, but we don't know her little quirks like we do with the Trio. Actually, I believe Luna's character is explained better, and she's only in 3 books where as Ginny is in all of them (very briefly at the train station in book 1). Honestly, after OotP I was hoping Harry would wind up with Luna and was disappointed when he didn't.

I see Ron/Hermione is very popular. I don't believe Ron is good enough for Hermione, as she's one of my favourite characters and he's...er...*tries not to be insulting*...not. Though I recognise it's canon-ly impossible, I definiely prefer her with Draco since I also dislike him with Pansy.

For Tonks/Remus...I posted this elsewhere at one point, so I'll simply quote it since it's more relevant to this thread anyway:

Quote:
You do know JKR didn't originally intend for them to get together, right? She was going to kill Arthur with the snake in OotP, but decided not to so she could keep Ron amusing and not in mourning. She really wanted to kill off a parent in the war (as if Harry's weren't enough), so she had to put a couple together, make them have a child, and kill them before the series ended. As a fellow writer, I believe it was very poorly done, for nothing in OotP indicated romance between them, so when they go together in HBP it was sooo random. Then, their deaths were so pathetically obviously inserted because in DH Harry just saw their corpses lying there. Everyone else from Lupin's generation (the James-Lily flashback, Sirius, Wormtail, and Snape) all got a death scene; if JKR was going to kill Remus off she should've given him one, too.

I see Mia knew about this, and that there are other Harry/Luna and Draco.Hermione fans out there. Nice to know I'm not alone! whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:59 pm
User Image
These are my posts from the now blocked thread that a new member posted, along with the bits that I was specifically replying to from others:

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Remus is my favourite character, but I honestly don't think he and Tonks are compatible, so they aren't my favourite match. I think he's compatible with Sirius, though. wink Sirius/Remus is my most beloved ship, however, I know not everyone thinks of it as "canon" despite the fact that I do.

ScottieBears MiaKitty
My favorite relationship is one that never came to fruition. While I have nothing against James/Lily, I love Severus/Lily. It was so romantic, so sweet. If only he hadn't screwed up like he did, Harry's last name might've been Snape XD

And I didn't like Remus/Tonks much, either. I don't think anyone liked it, I think people just accepted it because A) Jo's the writer, what are we going to do about it, and B) they liked both characters, so it wasn't as if she was pairing a beloved character with someone everyone hated. I do think that Remus/Sirius is a very good maybe maybe not canon relationship.

And I also like Neville/Luna. I think that the two of them would have been very good together.

Kineka the Warrior

When it comes to this era, I love Harry/Luna. Mostly just because Harry should've never been with Ginny...but I also love Luna/Neville. She has boys fighting over her! -GASP- I also LOVE Ron/Hermione. I know, classic canon pairing, but I love it! Their relationship has been so adorable since the day they met, always arguing...just like an old married couple!

ScottieBears MiaKitty
I do agree that I love Ron/Hermione.

And I prefer Neville/Luna over Harry/Luna because Neville and Luna were both outcasts, people didn't really pay them any mind until they were making fun of them. It seems to me that between the two of them, they would have found a kindred spirit in the other. Both of them were overlooked but turned out to be worth a lot more than others gave them credit for. Harry/Luna is more of a stretch for me, even though they're shown together more. I think it's because when you see them together, you see a very friendly relationship developing, and it reminds me of me and my friend Colton, and we tried that, it was too weird. I think Harry would see Luna more as a silly, sweet little sister. She seems way too out there for Harry.

Harry/Ginny didn't really bother me like it seems to have done to some people. I just never really cared either way about it.

ScottieBears MiaKitty
It didn't say they were in DH, and I think that right after she did all the interviews to clear the questions up, she hadn't said anything about it. I don't recall ever hearing that they were a canon relationship. If they are then YAY! The one relationship I really wanted that actually happened!

And I do agree with that, about Harry and Luna. I guess that it could be because I had this one fanfic I read that was just amazing (it's gone now, unfortunately) where Harry and Luna were together and I just didn't like it. They weren't the main relationship, it was Draco and a made up character. But Harry/Luna was the only thing about it that I didn't like. It was extremely well written, and I'm a tough critic as far as making Draco a good guy. I just didn't like Harry and Luna together.

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Luna married a descendant of Newt Scamander that was never mentioned in the books. I forget his name, but I recall that JKR said their children were named Lorcan and Lysander.

ScottieBears MiaKitty
See, Luna married someone who never existed until someone asked who she married! That should not have happened!

Puppy love forever.

Ack, I was going to post an icon here, it's my absolute favorite icon ever. But now it's missing.. drat.

Anyways, it says 'My Ship' and then it shows the scene from PoA where Harry slams into the front windshield of the Knight Bus, and freezes on his face on the windshield. It then says 'Harry+Window 4 EVA!' XD

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 am
Thank you for quoting that for us, Mia! heart

Ah, there's when I still used to use the Minerva the Whore 4 Books account. *points two posts above me* I like this username better, but I still agree with everything that I said in that post. biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:30 pm
My favorite couple is one that didn't happen. Draco/Hermoine, they are alike in many ways. I didn't like how Hermoine ended up with Ron, they didn't have anything in common except for Harry.

I also like Sirius/Remus, They had a relationship. They were friends, they were close and nobody could deny that. They both were like godfathers to Harry. I agree with Minerva about you can't convince me they weren't together.

steeler_fan_7

BekahBear218

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:28 pm
In the book, Ron/Hermione, definitely.

In fanfiction, I love Draco/Hermione though smile  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items