35%  [ 6 ]
Other
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:09 pm
king_of_randomness16
I know all too well about moral relativism, that's why I worded some of my questions the way I did

No, you worded it that way to make sure that only (perceived) choices were support of homosexuality and 'homophobia'. You asked a loaded question, either to garner support for yourself in the case of a debate, or to justify your dislike of Christians who's viewpoints you disagree with (by being able to dismiss them as 'homophobic', rather than having a (relatively) justified viewpoint. No comments as to how right or wrong that viewpoint may be, but it has (usually) got far more to do with logic and faith than you'd apparently like to think.

Quote:
Your dodging my question by telling me that I don't know how I asked it is more or less sounding like an excuse not to speak your convictions, or to get out of answering all together by picking out flaws in my wording.

If I 'didn't want to speak to [my] convictions' in this thread than I simply wouldn't have answered. It's not like it's compulsory.

Quote:
Everyone else seemed to be fine with replying, and gave me actual answers. I worded the question just fine.
You make it seem like I should care. If everyone else wants to fall for your verbal trap, then that's their problem.

Oh, and you probably don't want to start an argument with Lordstar. He's a troll, in all likelihood.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:30 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
king_of_randomness16
I know all too well about moral relativism, that's why I worded some of my questions the way I did

No, you worded it that way to make sure that only (perceived) choices were support of homosexuality and 'homophobia'. You asked a loaded question, either to garner support for yourself in the case of a debate, or to justify your dislike of Christians who's viewpoints you disagree with (by being able to dismiss them as 'homophobic', rather than having a (relatively) justified viewpoint. No comments as to how right or wrong that viewpoint may be, but it has (usually) got far more to do with logic and faith than you'd apparently like to think.

Quote:
Your dodging my question by telling me that I don't know how I asked it is more or less sounding like an excuse not to speak your convictions, or to get out of answering all together by picking out flaws in my wording.

If I 'didn't want to speak to [my] convictions' in this thread than I simply wouldn't have answered. It's not like it's compulsory.

Quote:
Everyone else seemed to be fine with replying, and gave me actual answers. I worded the question just fine.
You make it seem like I should care. If everyone else wants to fall for your verbal trap, then that's their problem.

Oh, and you probably don't want to start an argument with Lordstar. He's a troll, in all likelihood.

Grog want smash!

if the probelm is a loaded question (your right it is) then unload it.

there is no reason you must answer with one of the supplied answers
go beyond the bubbles
perhaps rewording the question  

lordstar

Mountain Rose

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:42 am
This topic has become a little more interesting than I anticipated. I'm not sure what else to say except I like how everyone has ignored my previous post completely. For some odd reason (and this really is odd for me), I want to see what other people think of my essay.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:44 am
Rose Spuds
This topic has become a little more interesting than I anticipated. I'm not sure what else to say except I like how everyone has ignored my previous post completely. For some odd reason (and this really is odd for me), I want to see what other people think of my essay.

In fact, I believe I'll make a whole new topic in here devoted to the subject ... well, maybe I'll put it in a subforum ...  

Mountain Rose

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:17 pm
lordstar
Seraph68
lordstar
God could never reject such good hearted people.

So basically you are saying that if you are a good person, you go to heaven. That is not scriptural.

Romans 3:23-24
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

It doesn’t matter how “good” people are, they still need Christ for salvation.

lordstar
a god without love for all creation is unworthy of my devotion

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Even though we are sinners (Homosexual, Adulators, Liars, Murders, Selfish, Hateful, Immoral…) against God, He still sent Christ to die for our sins and be brought back to Him.

i really don't care for scriptur and i know im not along in thinking that the bible texts have been corrupted with age

and for the record the death of Christ doesn't count as God showing love
My statment stands

God send his own SON to die on the cross for us, for YOU, and you dont think thats LOVE ?!?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:39 pm
I'm not a really good Christian, but I've never seen a probelm with homosexual behavior. That being said, it seems God condems it in the bible. But maybe he's softened his stance on it. After all, he once banned eating shellfish and working on the sabbath, but those things no longer apply in the new Testament. So maybe homosexuality will one day be seen by him as a non sinful behavior.

That being said, don't listen to me. There are others in this thread who are much more well versed in Scripture then I, so take their views with more weight then my own.  

Dark Seeker

CCubed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:02 pm
States of being are perhaps the most difficult things to argue for. Most states of being are not sins, they are just natural human states of being. That being said, being homosexual is no sin. No where does God say that the state of being homosexual is a sin, he does however not condone the actions of homosexuality. It's very apparent, considering he destroyed both Soddom and Gamorrah for that, among many other sins.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:59 pm
lordstar

Grog want smash!

go beyond the bubbles

A) His question. I'm not gonna re-word it for it.
B) my way is more fun.  

ioioouiouiouio

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:23 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
lordstar

Grog want smash!

go beyond the bubbles

A) His question. I'm not gonna re-word it for it.
B) my way is more fun.

as long as you're having fun  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:33 am
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar
Seraph68
lordstar

So basically you are saying that if you are a good person, you go to heaven. That is not scriptural.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

lordstar

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Even though we are sinners (Homosexual, Adulators, Liars, Murders, Selfish, Hateful, Immoral…) against God, He still sent Christ to die for our sins and be brought back to Him.

i really don't care for scriptur and i know im not along in thinking that the bible texts have been corrupted with age

My statment stands

God send his own SON to die on the cross for us, for YOU, and you dont think thats LOVE ?!?

um no

Barbaric, insensitive, evil, wrong, satanic
those are some of the words I would use...not love  

lordstar

Seraph68

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:04 am
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob

um no

So, what reason did God have for having Jesus sacrificed?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:22 am
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar
Seraph68
lordstar

lordstar

My statment stands

um no

not even showing his LOVE for you, as His CHILDREN ?!?  

sunshinehearttrob

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:25 am
Seraph68
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob

um no

to save His Children, you, from your / our sins. so we can obtain forgiveness and be given the chance to go to heaven after death. so we can be with HIM in heaven. Jesus is the bridge from us to our Father in Heaven.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:08 pm
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar
Seraph68
lordstar

lordstar

My statment stands

um no

Yeah, Jesus's death was" Barbaric, insensitive, evil, wrong, and satanic." But keep in mind we are the ones who killed him. We had many chances to spare his life, and yet humans went ahead and murdered him. Therefore, we are the ones to blame in this situation. also keep in mind that Jesus possesed free will: he could have walked away at almost any time, and condemned the human race to damnation, but he went ahead and gave himself up for us to torture, mock and kill. I personally think that was a very noble, selfless, and loving deed.  

Dark Seeker

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:15 pm
sunshinehearttrob
Seraph68
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob

um no

to save His Children, you, from your / our sins. so we can obtain forgiveness and be given the chance to go to heaven after death. so we can be with HIM in heaven. Jesus is the bridge from us to our Father in Heaven.

and God had no other way to allow him/herself to forgive the wrongs of mankind

some all powerful being indeed

this is how i see it

there was a man named Jesus of the house of David (thus people called him lord...duh)

he rallied his followers to reform Judaism
and finally made himself a martyr
and unknowingly ushered our world into thousands of years of chaos (perhaps there were good days in there someplace)

btw
the point of Islam was to reform Christianity

Here’s one of my favorite stories

a servant of the devil paid his master a visit
he said "master master i have terrible news. there are people within the kingdoms of man that are figuring out the path to God."

and the devil replied
"worry not, for all we must do is turn their beliefs into religion and the path to the divine will once more be obscured."  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff