Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 ... 2593 2594 2595 2596 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Depending on when it is, I might put together a cosplay of my Ilvermorny OC. Ever since the Fantastic Beasts film came into fruition and we learned about the American magical school, I've wanted to cosplay as my American magical counterpart.

Definitely would stand apart from all of the Hogwarts students that would be wandering around, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:10 pm

1. Magical creatures in general - I've always been drawn towards dragons. I love how they can be both strong and gentle, intimidating but fascinating, beautiful and scary at the same time.
In the Wizarding World - I would have to go with the Thunderbird. It's quite beautiful.

2. Newt Scamander. He's essentially my FB counterpart. Socially awkward around humans but in our element around animals, no matter how scary or troublesome they are.

3. I prefer the term "Muggle". That might just be because I've grown up to that term for non-magical folk. Plus I like to think that like my fascination with British culture and bits of it seeping into my lifestyle, my FB version would let some British Wizarding World terms seep into her life.

4. Thunderbird Pride!

5. Acromantulas. I'm not fond of spiders... and just the thought of there being gigantic ones is a bit unnerving.

6. Hmm... I'm not sure if I ever developed a least favorite in the FB universe.

7. I loved it! I'm glad to see new era of the Wizarding World begin and expand my magical universe.

8. There's still quite a bit of Macusa to be explored, I think, before I develop an official opinion on which one I like more.

9. I'm more of a Tina - constantly trying to prove ourselves in a world that wants to keep us as the innocent, meek person we used to be.

10. Newt for sure.

11. I'm really torn between the two. I love Hogwarts because that's the magic school I've grown up knowing since starting the Harry Potter series. But I feel connected to Ilvermorny because... well.. I'm American... and that's the school I would most likely attend if I was a witch.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:11 pm
Alright, I'm going to head off. It would be nice if I could squeeze in another finished book before the month is over. So talk to you later!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:47 pm
I might be able to finish Switched before the month is over. It's a pretty fast read, so it won't be too much of a challenge.

Plus I only work one day this week at the theater. A 3-hour shift in the evening to be exact. Strange hours but it's nice to get a bit of a break for once.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:49 pm
Looking forward to being off work. Things have gone smoothly and had no issues... I just am in the mood to relax and be at home.

Might be just saying that because I'm already finished with everything for the day and still have several hours to go before I'm off work.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:53 pm
So, Sherlocked Con is having these Drink Receptions where attendees could drink and have snacks on a more intimate level with some of the celebrity guests. I had looked forward to actually attending one of them - especially for the group that had Benedict's parents (Timothy Carlton and Wanda Ventham) in it. Unfortunately, the tickets for the drink receptions went on sale on Thursday evening and within 40 minutes the group I was interested in had already sold out. Of course, I didn't know about it until yesterday evening. cry

There was still a few tickets left for the other group but besides Andrew Scott and Steven Moffat, none of the other guests in that group interested me. Especially when it costs $90 for the event (or "activity" as they're calling it on the con website). Not worth spending that much money when I'll be able to see Scott and Moffat in other ways like Autographs and Photo-Ops.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:55 pm
Still no word on whether Benedict Cumberbatch will be attending or not. Probably won't know until it's closer to the convention, especially with his filming schedule lately. My goodness, is he a busy guy!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:57 pm
Trying to decide if I want to go straight home after work or go see a movie since my parents most likely will be eating out after visiting with my grandma.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:00 pm
*looks at movie times* Meh. Looks like I'm going home after work. There's nothing starting up around the time I'm getting off work. I don't feel like waiting around for an hour before one starts.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:05 pm
*visitor of resident shows me picture of newborn baby that happens to have its fingers positioned that it's giving the bird*

Me: Hmm...

*looks over at resident*

Me: (thinks) Why you looking at me like that?! He's just showing me a picture of some baby.

---

She looked like she was glaring at me... so random!

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:06 pm
La di da...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:10 pm
One thing that sucks about sharing an e-mail with the other receptionist is that there's a bunch of e-mails that I personally want to delete because I figure they are no longer relevant since we no longer have the particular resident they were intended for originally... but I can't get rid of them because I don't know whether they might use that same provided information for potential situations for other residents (despite it being several months since we first received it).

If I had my own e-mail, I probably would only have a couple left. Not the 40 or so e-mails that we currently have in the inbox.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:12 pm
My left ear has been in a weird plugged up state since this morning. I haven't been able to get unplugged despite trying to clean it out. It's quite annoying because I can really hear anything from it at this time... and it's the ear I've realized I use for doing all my calls with.

Thankfully I've had limited calls today, so I haven't had to worry too much about it. And I haven't had to chat with too many residents to worry about being able to hear (and understand them - harder to do when you only have one fully functioning ear).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:13 pm
*sings* Time goes by... so slowly!

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:19 pm
I discovered a new --- well, to me, it is--- feature in our system that we keep track of our resident's information. I saw one of our med aids do her med pass tracking (since theirs upstairs was being finicky). Pretty cool to see.

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 ... 2593 2594 2595 2596 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games