Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:40 pm
Prof. Moonie
We already watched Angels and Demons last night. I liked it. I've never read the book, so I don't know how it compares to the book.

The element words that were featured reminded me of something one of my friends found ((and now has as a tattoo on her ankle/lower leg)). One direction it says "Life" and then when you flip it around it says "Death."

I posted that on March 20, 2010.

So, apparently I did see Angels and Demons before. And now I can say that I finally got around to reading the book... five years later. The movie takes basic elements from the book but that's about it. There was so much important information and events that happened in the book that never happened in the movie.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:46 pm
User Image
In some of my earlier posts in this thread, I keep mentioning that I was chatting with a friend. I wonder which friend(s) I was chatting with that I felt compelled to keep mentioning them here.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:48 pm
Prof. Moonie
I've been looking at all of the costumes that JoEllen has done ((see them at www.firefly-path.net))... and now I want to cosplay some more. 3nodding I even want to try making my own pair of fairy wings ((since she's got a lovely tutorial on her site)).

Ooo... that would be so much fun. blaugh

I haven't made my own pair of fairy wings yet... but I did use JoEllen's tutorial to create the base for my angel wings I made for my Fem!Castiel cosplay. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:55 pm
User Image
It's really interesting reading my past posts and hearing the young thought processes in them while comparing them to my posts today. I seem to be so much more philosophical now a days, lol.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:58 pm
Prof. Moonie
There are just some people that just don't look good with dyed blonde hair.

My "arch-enemy" ((as some of my friends and what not have called her, lol)) is one of those people that looks bad with the blonde hair.

She's naturally a brown haired girl, but now she's blonde. So does not look good on her. Though... it does suit her personality... not the smartest cookie and she's definitely got that "everything must revolve around me" attitude. Not that I'm saying all blondes are like that. But she definitely falls into the stereotypical image of blondes. xd

I just recently look at her Facebook page the other day and thankfully she's back to her normal hair color. That blonde hair color totally didn't suit her.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:09 pm
User Image
It's actually pretty fun looking back at my old posts and making comments on some of them. Seems suiting considering the current Throwback Memories event that Gaia has going.

So, I'm going to continue looking through them later. I left off on page 50.

Heading off to work now. Later!

User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:38 pm
User Image
Good evening everyone. I'm just going to be posting for a bit here before I decide to head to bed and read for a bit before calling it a night.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:43 pm
User Image
After hearing so many of my co-workers and online friends talking about how much they loved Mad Max:Fury Road, I decided to go see it in 3D after my cat socialization shift today. BEST DECISION EVER! The movie was absolutely fantastic. I enjoyed seeing all of the vehicles the characters were driving and the cast was fantastic. The post-apocalyptic world setting was pretty neat too; it really added to the storyline.

If you haven't seen the movie yet, I definitely suggest you check it out.

User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:46 pm
Prof. Moonie
There's a scholarship I found earlier this morning that I'm going to try applying for.

Not many scholarships out there at this time.

Things just seem so sucky right now. Barely any jobs out there... and college tuition prices keep going up. Doesn't seem to make any sense... what happened to making sure everyone has the chance to get the education they need? How does anyone expect to get the employees they are looking for when they can't get the degree they need because of the price of education? *sighs* I don't know...

Five years later and things are still the same. Tuition at schoosl continue to climb. Hardly any jobs out there for people on the lower end of the experience/degree area.

Sometimes I feel like finding a job in the past was much easier than it is today. Or maybe that's just how history books make it out to seem. Maybe it was just as bad back then as it is now.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:10 am
Prof. Moonie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Madam, I need you to remain calm. And trust me, I am a professional. Beneath this pillow lies the key to my release."

Still a favorite quote of mine from that movie. whee  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:11 am
Prof. Moonie

"Madam, I need you to remain calm. And trust me, I am a professional. Beneath this pillow lies the key to my release."

Still a favorite quote of mine from that movie. whee  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:16 am
Prof. Moonie
This place is really cute! Though it would be a bit big for just myself. If I did buy it, I would invite my friends to come live with me. xd Plenty of room for everyone. 6 bedrooms!

Although it's been years since I posted this and changes in our lives would interfere with the original plan, the idea of living in a place with a friend or more is still possible. My friend Melissa keeps suggesting that we should move in together in the near future.

In fact, she's recently been scheming about moving to Anaheim. She seems pretty intent on encouraging me to move with her, lol.

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:21 am
User Image
It's because of Melissa's little moving scheme that pushed me a bit closer to go to CatCon LA. With going to this event, I'll be accomplishing various things:
1) Adding another type of convention to the list of ones I've attended ((anime, comic book/pop culture, and now cat-oriented))
2) Travel - by myself as well
3) Getting an idea of what it's like in Southern California ((the farthest south I remember traveling in CA is the redwood forests; Melissa goes to Disneyland annually, so she's pretty familiar with the area.))

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:28 am
User Image
Oh, by the way, I had applied for a few jobs a few days ago. I don't remember if I mentioned it before when I was actually doing it... so, sorry if I'm repeating information. Originally, my plan was to try to find a job that was closer to my field of interest (writing, library, etc.) and degree (English). Unfortunately, many of the places that fall into that category are either not hiring or if they are, it's for positions that I don't have the right amount of experience or type of degree. So... in the end, all of the jobs I did apply for ended up being pet-oriented where I'm assisting in the vet clinic area ((no medical experience needed)) or administrative.

Anyway, the reason why I bring this up is... I received call earlier today to set up an interview for one of the places I applied for. It's amazing how quickly I heard back from them; totally was not expecting that. So, it should be interesting how the interview goes... and hopefully will gain more information about the position (i.e. pay rate, medical benefits [if any for a part time position], etc.).

User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:30 am
User Image
Alright, so this "walk down memory lane" with my posts is slowly getting boring. Therefore, I'm not gonna do it anymore. It was fun for the time being but it's become dull.
User Image  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games