Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ OPEN 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Sorting Hat

kiska166
User Image
                                              You got a f a s t car
                                              I want a ticket to a n y w h e r e

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Mason Olson
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Halfblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Mason had started his journey to Hogwarts with his sister, who had eventually ditched him to hang out with her friends. He didn’t really care since at that point, he had already mustered up the courage to explore the train. While he explored, he stumbled upon a few other first years and had ridden in their compartment the rest of the way to Hogsmeade. The boat ride was relaxing, if a little underwhelming, but the view of the castle getting bigger as they approached was wicked.

Back on land, the first years were led into the Great Hall, where they piled in front of the Sorting Hat and waited to be called one by one. Mason didn’t know where he wanted to be placed. His mum was a Slytherin, his dad a Ravenclaw, and his sister a Gryffindor. To be frank, he didn’t really care where he’d be placed. However, after hearing Taylor rant about the Wellbeloves over and over, he decided he least preferred to be sorted into Slytherin, where three of the quadruplets were sorted. The boy was apparently sorted into Ravenclaw, but from his sister’s wild stories, it didn’t sound like he hung out in that common room much, so maybe he wouldn’t pose a problem.

Then again, the Wellbeloves’ mother was his own mother’s direct competition in the designing industry, so maybe it was best if he could avoid being sorted into either of those houses. Once his name was called, Mason walked up onto the platform and sat on the stool. Hey mister Hat, you can hear me right? he thought once the hat was placed on his head. If you can, can you please put me in either Gryffindor or Hufflepuff? Or if you have to, Ravenclaw. Definitely not Slytherin, please? he pleaded.

COOPERATIVE Despite possible differences that they might have, Mason has the ability to work together with others to reach a common goal by attentively listening to what they are saying.
                                              WELL-ROUNDED Not only is Mason an honest, courteous, and respectful person, but he puts his all into everything he does and is confident that he can get good results. He has learned that he is most successful in achieving his goals when he puts time and effort into developing his passions. Knowing that practice makes perfect, he rarely feels discouraged if he doesn't get the results he is aiming for on his first try.
                                              CASUAL Although Mason dresses well, he does dress more casually than other members in his family. Coming from an upper class family, his attitude towards money is also rather casual, and he doesn't think twice about what he spends it on.
                                              PROUD Mason has succeeded in many things that he's tried to do over the span of his rather short life. He feels deeply pleased and satisfied as a result of his achievements; therefore, he tends to brag about himself. However, he never embellishes his achievements.
                                              REPENTANT Whenever Mason behaves in dishonest or disrespectful ways, he always ends up feeling incredibly guilty and sorry about it. He knows that this is not who he is, and that he was brought up better than that. He truly tries his best to be a gentleman.
                                              ASSERTIVE Mason is able to get his point across in a typically calm and positive way, without upsetting others or himself. He will stand up for himself and others if he feels as though he needs to, and will never passively accept 'wrong.'

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Maybe we make a d e a l
                                              Maybe t o g e t h e r we can get somewhere

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Not Slytherin, eh?
That won't be a problem, dear boy
No, I think you'll fit best in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:20 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cinnabun Gryffie
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Hogwarts Great Hall
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Sorting Hat, Anxiety
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Getting Sorted
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Anywhere but Hufflepuff

Lem wasn't super excited to be here. He had begged his mom for weeks to send a letter amending his last name to Darby, but his dad overheard and said no way. Apparently it was his job to make up for all the nonsense his cousin put their family through. He didn't think the damage was reparable, especially since stupid Awstin kept committing murders and shaming the family again. When he hopped on the train, he felt a bubble of relief. For a few short hours, no one would know who he was, he could be whomever he wanted. Of course, when sorting came around, they'd most likely call his name and everyone would give him that look of fear and shame that he'd gotten so used to.

As the train wound to a stop, Lem followed his future classmates to the boats, then into the castle itself. Several of the kids were oohing and aahing at the castle entry, but Lem was pretty sure it was gonna be boring. Sure, he was finally away from home, but any moment the delicate bubble he had was going to burst. Walking into the Great Hall, Lem looked around at the hundreds of people. God, his whole life was going to be ruined. He probably had enough money to run away for a while.... but most likely the Ministry would find him and either drag him back or take him to his parents.

"Tittensor, Willem?"

Lem sank down a bit, feeling several people turn to examine the first years. If he walked out... they'd all know. For now, anyone could be the mysterious Willem. After a deep breath, Lem stepped forward, staring at his feet as he moved. He could feel eyes on him and it made his cheeks warm tremendously. He was doomed to bear this family shame all because his mom wouldn't just sign a letter. Maybe he should've forged one.

Lem sat on the stool, still not looking up at the crowd. The hat was placed on his head, dropping over his eyes. Thank goodness, a momentary reprieve. "Please, please Sorting Hat. I know you can take requests in mind... Please don't put me in Hufflepuff. It was Awstin's house and I'll never escape his legacy otherwise." He curled his hands into fists, anxiety swelling inside. He could feel his heart racing, but he held his breath, excited and terrified for the end result.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxSʜʏ:
                                                                Despite having an urge to make friends and be social, Lem is terrified to step into the spotlight, in case people realize he’s secretly awful or some other such nonsense. He’s learned to hide back and avoid people whenever possible.

xxxxxJɪᴛᴛᴇʀʏ:
                                                                Years of always being on the lookout for your own last name in the news made Lem a bit flighty. Whenever people call to him in a loud or annoyed voice, he panics and will often flee.

xxxxxPᴇssɪᴍɪsᴛɪᴄ:
                                                                Nothing good ever comes from the Tittensor family. That’s what he grew up hearing. He could clearly never be enough, even if he tried to defy expectations.

xxxxxTʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛғᴜʟ:
                                                                Spending time isolated, Lem spent most of his time trapped deep into his thoughts. He read books, studied manuals, learned all he could so at least his thoughts might be a happy place.

xxxxxAʀᴛsʏ:
                                                                A great way to express emotions for Lem was to draw them down. He spends lots of time drawing (haha) inspiration from his surroundings and from his imagination.

xxxxxPᴀʀᴀɴᴏɪᴅ:
                                                                Lem always seems to feel eyes on him, even when alone. He is constantly worried that the other shoe will drop, causing his carefully crafted life to collapse in a mess.

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies. Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore. Now I will tell you what I've done for you
50, 000 tears I've cried, screaming, deceiving and bleeding for you
And you still won't hear me! Don't want your hand this time, I'll save myself
Maybe I'll wake up for once, not tormented daily defeated by you
Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom, I'm dying again

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Family legacy can be a terrible thing
I'm certain you could rise above it no matter where you went
But, escaping into a book or art is a tried and true method
Just make sure you don't get lost

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:23 pm
The Sorting Hat

Cinnabun Gryffie
User ImageUser Image
xx 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓂 ℐ? Hogwarts! Great Hall!
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Miss Hat and the Professors
xxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃? Sorting!
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? I hope I go somewhere nice!

Cass was excited for some normalcy that would come with school. Sure, it was going to be a bunch of magic and stuff, but at least it would be consistent. She had spent the summer in a veritable whirlwind and honestly she just wanted somewhere to rest. She was currently living at Wool's, but there was only chaos there. Between bunches of little kids and tons of adults constantly checking on her, it seemed she never got any alone time. Perhaps at Hogwarts she'd get a nice comfy bed in a room all her own. That was the thing she missed most about her home, even though lots of the adults acted like that was the least of her worries. It wouldn't be bad if they just... let her live in a hotel for a few months! It wasn't like she didn't have money. Then again, none of the adults knew about the things she'd taken with her.

As the group of first years walked into the huge Great Hall (what was that, anyway? Like a big dining room?), Cass happened to glance upward. Man, the stars were beautiful tonight. There were floating candles interspersing the view, which the blue eyed girl thought was just wonderful. It added a certain... charm to the room. She pushed to her tiptoes, trying to look at everything there was to look at in the expansive room. Four tables, probably for the famed four houses, and a long one perpendicular to those. That table was full of adults, so Cass figured it was probably for all the teachers and other people who worked here. Made sense they'd have a dinner table too, anyway. Not like a bunch of kids wanted to eat dinner next to their teachers...

"Nightingale, Cassiopeia?"

She almost didn't notice her name (partially because she usually went by Cass, part because she was entirely distracted), but once she was sure it was her, Cass practically raced to the front of the room. Man, this was so cool! The dark haired girl spun around and sat down, grinning when the hat fell over her eyes. "Hello, Mister Hat. Well... Maybe Miss Hat, I don't quite know. My name's Cass and I'd sure like to be put somewhere I can feel at home. I wanna make friends and always feel included and stuff. Please, Miss Hat?"

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxAᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴏᴜs
                                                              Cass is driven by wanderlust and a curiosity for the wider world. She wants to see everything the world has to offer, to learn and grow.

xxxxxEᴀʀᴛʜʏ
                                                              Not only is Cass fairly down-to-earth in personality, she feels attuned to the earth in ways most others don’t. Look to her to be talking to plants and watching bugs crawl about.

xxxxxSᴏᴄɪᴀʟʟʏ Nᴀɪᴠᴇ
                                                              Cass has never been around people before, she has no idea how to read them. She’s able to learn with a bit of time, but usually upon meeting her, she would seem awkward and out of place. She does learn from past mistakes, luckily.

xxxxxWɪʟᴅ
                                                              It’s not that Cass tries to run around with dirt and sticks in her clothes and hair. She just doesn’t notice it while she’s embarking on her grand adventure.

xxxxxSᴀssʏ
                                                              Cass has always had something to say. If anyone comes at her in a way she perceives as a negative, expect her to say something a bit snarky. Unfortunately, due to her social naivety, she doesn’t necessarily get the timing right every time.

xxxxxRᴇʙᴇʟʟɪᴏᴜs
                                                              Cass has always known the world has clear rules and set expectations.... Which makes it all the more fun to throw those to the wayside and push on like normal. Who needs rules anyway?

Hᴇʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴀ ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
A ᴛɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ
Sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ sᴀɴᴅ, ʟᴇғᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
Mʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀᴜᴍʙʟᴇ
Wʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sʜᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴏʀ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇᴅ! Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴇᴛ!
Wᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴍʙʟᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ɪᴛ
Aʟʟ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪs I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏ sᴘᴇᴇᴄʜʟᴇss

You know, I don't think anyone's ever thought I might be a Miss
Now then... You've been through a lot, for one so young
And handled it with grace and strength
There's only one place for you

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:25 pm
The Sorting Hat

addaellis

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

first year || unsorted || pureblood

Gryffindor House was xer family’s theatrics, the odd ones who had wild dreams that took them far from the Estate but always brought them home: Callum, Sparrow II. Hufflepuff House was their legacy, the people who led them because their hearts were attuned to the family and community: Eliam, Anthony, Cohen. Ravenclaw House were the ones who never quite had enough time for everything they were interested in: Verine, Sonora. And Slytherin House were the ones who were sharper than anyone and knew themselves precisely: Scytharia, Sparrow I, August, Wren.

Robin didn’t know which house xe wanted. If the past year had taught xem anything, it was that family was the people around xem, not necessarily the blood and lineage, and that “repairing” a family was more about building a new one than bringing the old back from the dead. In a moment of somber lucity, Wren had held Robin’s shoulders and made xem promise to learn and experience Hogwarts for xemselves, and not worry about the family or Estate. Robin had hesitated. Xe didn’t even know if xe could honor such a promise. But xe agreed to try, on the condition Wren write xem weekly with reports. But even after a train ride of sleeping and reading, Robin just wanted to curl under a blanket by a gentle fire, sip some kiwi juice, and talk to a sibling about their first hour at Hogwarts. Had they seen the night sky reflected in the lake? Was the sight of the castle what they had expected from “school”? Had they missed home?

”Winchester, Robin”

As xe finished clapping for the previous student, Robin heard xer own name. Xe straightened and strode towards the stool in measured strides, like xe was approaching the Foundation’s advisory board. Xe settled on the stool with a polite ”Thank you Professor Harlowe.” Behind the brim of the hat, xe kept xer eyes open. Xe imagined Wren searching xer mind with legilimens, gently sifting through truths and insecurities and memories. There was no need to hide anything here. Is there anything in particular that determines the Sorting that I can help with?

Personality

METACOGNITIVE Robin generally gives xer full focus to whatever is in front of xem and whatever goal xe has set for xemself. Much of xer young education was in metacognition, self-management, psychology, alongside basic studies of arithmetic, systems thinking, and magic, so while xe has a scattered knowledge of magical and muggle fundamental skills, xe is particularly good with setting and following up on goals and managing xemself. The last year has been a test xer abilities and Robin feels both more confident in xer abilities and more helpless than ever.

RESTLESS Robin’s guiding memory is a fortune that there will be a disaster in xer family that xe will have to stop. Learning about everyone in xer extended family translated to learning about the world and helping everyone in it-- this was supposed to build up to this one destiny. Before the massacre that killed xer family in December 2054, Robin tended to worry constantly that xe wouldn't measure up or be able to do anything. In the year since, Robin has been restlessly working to support Wren in managing the Foundation and in comforting all xer siblings and remaining family, while trying to understand what "world at large" means and how to help this massive, ambiguous world. Xe worries that xe won't be able to continue to do so while at Hogwarts; nevertheless, xe has made a possibly unkeepable promise of trying not to worry overmuch.

PRAGMATIC Per xer family’s motto, for knowledge and wisdom, much of Robin’s modus operandi is supporting learning and self-improvement. Robin has a very practical mindset: xe is mostly concerned with practical, actionable information-something to help improve lives--all lives. Robin, more than anyone else in xer remaining family, is dedicated to service projects and ensuring that their donations actually help. Idealism is all well and good, but Robin cares about actual work and actual help getting done. Once that is known, xe wants the most efficient and effective means possible: whether that be pitching to wealthy donors, directly handing out necessities to disadvantaged groups, or simply sitting down to be an open ear.

OPEN-MINDED Robin’s open-mindedness comes primarily from spending entire years abroad or travelling with extended family, exploring the world, learning what and who is out there and how to help them, if needed. Although xe will always find xer own angle to enjoy, Robin is more dedicated to learning about the hobbies and interests of others. Even though xe feels disconnected, xe tries to communicate straightforwardly and openly, and expects the same from others.

DISCONNECTED Robin’s considers xer darkest secret to be that no matter where xe is, xe feels like the odd one out. Perhaps it’s because of xer obsession with a fortune, or fluctuating gender identity, or blue hair, or just constantly travelling. Robin doesn't feel unloved, just...somehow foreign. The last year has only hammered this feeling in more: xe is a young child playing leader of a family and charity, holding xemself together when xer siblings aren't. Despite this feeling of disconnection, xe has a deep compassion and concern for family and the wider world.

setting Great Hall, Sorting 2055 || with First years
appearance 4’1” spindly || wearing uniform
status where will my house be?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
No one is laughing it’s not a drill
Just look outside the world is ending
Faster, faster, faster, faster, fast
The echoes of that news ring loud (the echoes, the echoes)
No sound can ever drown it out (the echoes)
It breaks my heart, breaks my heart into
A million pieces

❧❦
~"Million Pieces" by Bastille with the Chamber Orchestra of London.

My, what a nice question!
Nothing you need to do, child, just let me have a look
There's quite a bit to see, isn't there?
But I think I know just what to do with you

Ravenclaw!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:30 pm
The Sorting Hat

CatWaffle
User Image

Keep smiling, keep shining
                                          Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
                                          That's what friends are for

Zander was so pleased to be here! He even got to see a muggle train station before going to the magic one! He was delighted Pep could come with him too. While the train and boat ride were uneventful he was still excited! He so hoped him and Pep could get the same house. He had always been looking after his brother so why sould this be any different? He didnt have a preference for a house honestly so where ever he landed he would be fine

FLAMBOYANT Lysander has a more feminine air to him. He always higher energy and a perkiness even in situations it may not always make sense
                                                                                  CLINGY Lysander hatees not to be around those he cares about and will be anxious when he hasn't seen or heard from them sometimes even for less than a day.
                                                                                  ADVOCATE If there's a protest for the right of something Lysander will be there with a sign. He likes to fight for others sometimes even if he has no reason to be interested in the cause
                                                                                  NAIVE Lysander has no understanding outside of the carefully constructed world his parents had for him and his brother. He never experienced muggle things. Though he holds a fascination for the unknown.
                                                                                  PROACTIVE Having his parents die when he was younger made him want to protect his brother and make sure they stayed together. He would help the family elf to make sure there was no reason for them to be rehomed
                                                                                  EXCITABLE Lysander is the first and most excited about things. He loves new things and information and even gossip. Nearly anything can bring him excitement.

For good times and bad times
                                                                                  I'll be on your side forever more
                                                                                  That's what friends are for

Well now, let's have a look
A mind for justice, concern for your loved ones
High energy and enthusiastic?
You'll do quiet well in

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:32 pm
The Sorting Hat

Trickblues
User Image
User Image
You can go the distance, you can run the mile
You can walk straight through hell with a smile
You can be a hero, you can get the gold
Breakin' all the records they thought never could be broke

User Image

Halfblood | Unsorted First Year | Eleven Years Old
September 1, 2055 Great Hall With: The Magic Hat
Wearing: School Robes Status: "I'm finally here!"

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Logan felt like he was living out a quest in a video game, or one of his Nana's high fantasy books. A simple sheep herder from the Isle embarking to a grand castle. Travel by train, then cross a great loch on boats to a grand castle? He was going to live there? He thought something like that could only be in his wildest dreams, yet here he was. How could Nana Biddy and Old Man O'Hannigan not tell him about all of this?! And were those candles floating in the air?

One thing was for sure; he wasn't in Doolin anymore.

It felt like ages waiting for the S's to be sorted. Truth be told, Logan didn't have much of a preference where he ended up. His whole family was scattered between each house, so it wasn't like there was any wrong answer to be had, but it sure would put a smile on Nana Biddy's face if he were sorted to Hufflepuff. The house wasn't important though. What was really important to Logan was hopping on a broom and playing some Quidditch as fast as magically possible. Five years of waiting was finally going to pay off!

"Strife, Logan."

Finally! he thought. Logan made his way to the stool and the magic mind-reading hat. He hopped onto the stool, holding the seat on either side. His left leg bounced in anticipation. Magic hat, do your thing.

CHIVALROUS Logan’s been known to tease others, but it’s really all in good fun. His parents taught him to always respect others, from the elders to women to his fellow men-at-arms, whatever that meant. Playful teasing is one thing, but he won’t stand for cruelty. Logan will be the first to stand up for another, but is willing to take a step back if it’s for the sake of someone maintaining their pride and honor.

ACTIVE There’s nothing better than getting that body moving out in the fresh air! Full of energy to burn, Logan always seems to be out and about. Lazing around on the couch all day just isn’t for him. It’s important to get involved and experience life! Sports, community, nature, anything. In Logan’s book if you don’t doze off the moment you hit the sheets, the day was wasted.

DENSE Sometimes Logan just doesn’t get “it”, especially when it comes to matters of the heart. Why is his classmate suddenly mad at him, when all he did was tell a really good joke? Beats him. Why are those two suddenly avoiding each other? Don’t they walk to Charms together every morning? Not a clue! Logan just doesn’t understand why people can’t be direct with each other and tell it like it is. The world would be so much better without all the beating around the bushes.

HANDS-ON How are you supposed to learn anything unless you do it yourself? Logan is a very hands-on type of guy, in and out of the classroom. He can’t stand bookwork and lives for those practical lessons where he can whip out the wand and show off what he can do. Why read about magical creatures when you can go out and find them? Why focus on theoreticals, when you can go out and do something that actually matters?

OBSTINATE Once Logan’s decided on something, good luck changing his mind. He is headstrong and unyielding to his beliefs and willing to stand up for what he believes in. While his determination is helpful in pushing him to reach his goals, it can just as often get him into trouble, such as when he’s pushing himself too hard and won’t listen to reason.

NAIVE Logan has a tendency to take people at face value. He believes that on the whole, people are honest, and he would much rather trust someone and be wrong than be a skeptic that’s suspicious of everyone. He’s quick to get invested in peoples’ stories, particularly the spooky ones that give him the heebie-jeebies, though in the case of ghosts he’s always relieved to hear when a tale was all in good fun. Despite his want to believe in others and his tendency for things to fly over his head, Logan is not by any means dumb. He believes in what he sees, and if he sees he’s been hurt by a trick, good luck fooling him twice.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Username

Do it for your people, do it for your pride
How you ever gonna know if you never even try?
Do it for your country, do it for your name
'Cause there's gon' be a day, when you're
Standin' in the Hall of Fame

Impatient are we?
Well I'll not keep you, my boy
I think you're quite well suited for

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:36 pm
The Sorting Hat

Trickblues
User Image
User Image
Hey, you might not see it with your eyes
But keep your head up to the sky
The sun is coming through
Here's what you gotta do (well, well, oh, oh)

User Image

Pureblood | Unsorted First Year | Eleven Years Old
September 1, 2055 Great Hall With: The Sorting Hat
Wearing: School Robes Status: Could probably use some ginger ale

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Hours into the day Annalise Watson was already missing Wool’s. She promised to write often, especially to Kiah, but it wasn’t the same as being there. Lucky for her there were those her age and above that were attending Hogwarts as well, so if she ever found herself terribly homesick she knew there were people to turn to.

She had her doubts. The platform was an experience, for sure. She was used to a little background noise from the orphanage, but the hustle and bustle of a train station was entirely foreign to the young girl. Then they wanted her to run directly into a pillar? Highly sus, but okay. Somehow she got through without incident. Annalise hoped the train ride would be more peaceful, allowing her to get comfortable with her music, but early into the ride she found her old MP3 player dying. How could that be? She was sure she plugged it in to charge just last night! What was a day trip without tunes? A dull one, obviously. Annie pulled through though, idly socializing with those in her compartment while she snacked on treats from the trolley.

The train wasn’t so bad, but the boats? All that rocking to and fro was nauseating. It took every ounce of willpower Annalise had in her to resist the urge to toss her biscuits in the black lake. Not on the first day, she thought. I can’t be that kid. I won’t! Annie still felt rather green by the time the students filed into the Great Hall that she could hardly take the time to appreciate it. The sky on the ceiling? That’s nice. Floating candles? Cool. A magic hat that sorts you wherever you’re going to be stuck for the next seven years? Weird. Why not just take a personality quiz if it’s based on that? The wizarding community is so extra sometimes.

Watson was towards the end of the alphabet, meaning Annalise would have to wait until the very end. That was fine. It gave her stomach time to right itself, and as she watched each student sorted before her, she found herself getting into it. She wished those beside her good luck as they went ahead. Based off what she knew of the houses already from the orphans ahead of her, she tried to make a guess where someone would be sorted as the hat mulled. She wasn’t often correct, but it was entertaining enough nonetheless. By the time her name was called Annalise was cool as a cucumber. She was going to do this right. With a flick of her wrist she flipped her white hair over her shoulder and stepped up to the front with an air of confidence about her. She took her seat on the stool, her ankles crossed and hands folded neatly on her lap. As the hat was placed upon her, a tad too big, she took the time to look out across the tables from the shadow of the brim. Annalise hadn’t considered her own sorting. Content as she was at Wool’s, she never felt a true sense of belonging. Supposedly she would find that here, but what if that was nothing but a load of rubbish? Comforting words for anxious first years? There are worse things, I guess. I’ll find my way wherever I go.

AMBITIOUS Annalise is well aware that her current situation hasn't exactly set her up well for life. While she hopes eventually she'll be adopted and have a family to call her own, she knows better than to count on it. She has her own ideas for her future and dreams of self-sufficiency. No matter the cards she has been dealt, she is determined to succeed in any and all endeavors by any means she deems necessary.

FLEXIBLE A loose plan is fine, but it's important to be ready for the curveballs life throws at you. Annie is a roll with the punches type of girl, and as such is good at thinking on her feet. Whether it be a change in the day's plans or a sudden shift in game strategy, she'll face what's coming to her head-on.

UNPREDICTABLE Unbeknownst to Annie, she gets her emotional stability from her mother. Her feelings are strong and can sometimes be overwhelming for her. The good days are great, the bad days are miserable. She doesn't often hold this against herself, viewing herself as the passionate type with a flair for dramatics and adventure. If anything, she likes to keep people on their toes. She tells herself if she's too much for someone, then they simply weren't enough for her. No hard feelings.

PERFECTIONIST Annalise has high standards when it comes to herself and anything she does. She has a keen eye (and ear) for detail. Her homework needs to be thorough. Her hair needs to be just so. When she's drafting new music, she'll spend hours on end until she achieves just the right sound, and then she needs to repeat until it comes second nature to her. No one else is ever held to these standards. So long as they're taking care of themselves and giving it their all, they have Annalise's respect. For herself though, she can't practice what she preaches. She'll never hope to stand out from the crowd with anything less than perfection.

SELF-CRITICAL Annalise's self-confidence is nothing but a front built up from years of bitter disappointment. In all her years, no one has ever wanted her. She thinks maybe, just maybe, if she pushes herself hard enough she'll find some sort of sense of belonging. Yet at the same time she consistently invalidates herself, telling herself she's fundamentally flawed. That even if she can live to her own standards, she may still never be enough. Annalise Watson is her own worst enemy.

NURTURING Despite how she sometimes comes off, Annalise cares deeply for the people close to her. She is happy to lend a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on for those who need it. Although she doesn't treat herself with the same kindness, she will try to give gentle guidance when able, providing a support system she wishes she could have had for herself.

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Username

Any time you feel alone, put on your headphones
Love, love's coming through your headphones
Any time you feel alone, put on your headphones
Love, love's coming through your headphones

Worse things indeed, my dear
And not to worry, there's no 'wrong' way to do this
Looking for belonging? Hogwarts has that
I think you'll find your way just fine in

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:37 pm
The Sorting Hat

The French Auror
User Image Location: Great Hall
------------- With Whom: Sorting Hat
Feeling: Anxious but excited
------------- Thoughts: Knowing my luck, I am going to end up in dreaded Slytherin, please not Slytherin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doors opened and Ferb followed everyone into the Great Hall. The moment he took his first steps in, he looked up in awe at the ceiling and all the details of the area. He saw Gryffindors on one side, and he saw his favorite house, Ravenclaw, on his left. He hoped he is a Ravenclaw but he was fine with any house but Slytherin. He walked to the front of the great hall and waited for his name to be called. "Ferb Stone" he heard name be called briskly, without a second thought the walked past his sister, smiled and sat down on the chair in front of him. He looked around anxiously as the sorting hat was placed on his head. "Please not Slytherin, Please not Slytherin" he thought as he heard the voice of the sorting hat start talking.

~"IT DOES NOT DO TO DWELL ON DREAMS AND FORGET TO LIVE, REMEMBER THAT." ~Albus Dumbledore

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Intelligent He can frequently be found reading a book or doing research in the library, or outside trying to learn more about the wildlife outside the walls.
Accepting He has no hate in his heart and accepts anybody for who or what they are. He always is trying to learn and grow
Protective Even though he is usually laid back, he will stand up for those he loves and are close with.
Logical He is usually always going to take the most logical route forward. If confronted with any issue he finds comfort in finding the most effective route that also makes the most sense. He has no time for ill thought-out ideas or plans.
Athletic He is very agile which makes him good at sports he tries. He has been interested in a muggle sport he heard was called Futball. He is also taken a liking in the basics of quidditch, he can't wait to get the ability to get on a broom to learn more.

Not Slytherin? That's a popular refrain this year
Not to worry, my boy, I think you're better suited for

Hufflepuff!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:39 pm
The Sorting Hat

The French Auror
User Image Location: Great Hall
------------- With Whom: Sorting Hat
Feeling: Excited, Confident
------------- Thoughts: This will be fun

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stella walked through the now open doors next to her brother. They may have different personalities, but she wouldn't want to have this experience with anyone else. She looked around trying to take in everything around her. She thought about what houses she would want to be in, she hoped that she would be sorted into Slytherin, just like her father. Finally what felt like forever, her and the group reached the front of the great hall waiting for her name to be called. She heard her brother's name and knew she will be next. She saw her brother get sorted and then it was her turn. "Stella Stone", the voice sounded like yelling in her ear and she walked briskly up to the chair, sat down and smiled as the sorting hat was placed on her head.

~"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and
some have greatness thrust upon 'em." ~Shakespeare

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ambitious She always knows her next step and makes sure to get it. She doesn't wait for confirmation, she just goes for it and tries.
Cunning Always creating a plan that will fit her own agenda, though she rarely uses these plans with her family, she often tries to trick people into using for her plan. Though never really anything bad
Protective Will do anything possible to protect those close to her and around her.
Athletic She is very agile which makes her good at sports she tries. She has been interested in a muggle sport she heard was called Futball. She is also taken a liking in the basics of quidditch, she can't wait to get the ability to get on a broom to learn more.
Outgoing She enjoys the company of others and enjoys talking and hanging out.
Smart Though she is not a book worm like her twin, she is very smart, especially with getting ahead on her spell work.

Let's see now, shall we?
Quite a different sort than your brother, that's for sure
Oh, yes, I think you're quite suited for

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:41 pm
The Sorting Hat

addaellis

User Image👻🥜
PEPIJN COEN TER AVEST

Pippin had only just arrived at Hogwarts, but he was already learning things. First, “train” transport took a very long time. He supposed that Hogwarts was very far away, in a place that could only accessed by this shaky row of seats. They arrived and were taken to small boats, on a short walk uphill and up stairs, and finally into a giant hall.

Hogwarts was big. It wasn’t like the forests around home, but..maybe like a forest of people! Pepijn couldn’t quite remember when he had been around so many people. He wasn’t even allowed to have his squirrels with him! (Seriously, what self-respecting institution didn’t allow squirrels?!)

Pippin clung to Zander’s arm as they were led in. He dug his fingers in, eyes flitting quickly about all the people around them. He wasn’t scared so much as nervous, and every time someone stepped a little too close he squeezed closer to Zander.

“Ter Avest, Lysander.” The nice Professor Harlowe who had led them into the hall called Zander's name. Pep followed as Zander started moving towards the stool, but was soon stopped. “Dear, it’s not your turn, you need to wait, please.”

Pep glanced at Zander and back at Professor Harlowe. He gave Zander an extra squeeze of his hand, then stepped back off the stair as the old hat decided which house name to scream.

”Ter Avest, Pepijn.”

”Oh! That’s me! It’s my turn!” Pepijn squeaked, scrambling up to the stool Zander had just vacated. He gave his older brother a little wave and took his own turn on the stool. He wasn’t sure quite what to expect, but his stomach growled as he saw just how many empty plates and goblets were arrayed along the four long tables. I hope the van Acorns are having a feast tonight as well.

Personality

EPICUREAN Pepijn loves all things food related. Eating food. Smelling food. Making food. Critiquing food. Photographing food. Decorating food. The entire process and matter of edible matter is of deep appreciation for Pip. He doesn’t even have a particular aversion to rotten food, since then it becomes something that ghosts can enjoy, and nourishes the earth. Beyond food, Pip has an appreciation for the simple luxuries of life, and takes an epicurean philosophy towards existence: minimize suffering and maximize pleasure in as simple, sustainable, and humble means as possible.

SQUIRRELY Pepijn is particularly shy around strangers, and clings to Lysander whenever they go out. But after a while of hiding where he knows it’s safe, Pip’s curiosity brings him around. He’s always curious about things going on around him, and he’ll spiral back to things that frustrated, frightened, or stumped him before. If he just understood it more, maybe it would be less scary, he thinks. (As he will find, this is not always the case, but it doesn’t stop him from trying.)

PIPING Curious and easily excitable, Pepijn isn’t particularly logical or sensible, but he is always willing to be a little reckless at least twice. From “Good morning, birds are singing, squirrels are chittering!” to “Time to hibernate! Goodnight!” Pip reacts animatedly to everything around him. He is also easily entertained at home: between making and snacking on foods, playing the marimba, painting, taking walks in the woods around their house, and training his squirrels, there has always been much to do for an easily distracted lad. When in doubt: “Mix and Match, Flavor Twist!”

FLAKY Given his parents are ghosts, Pepijn operates very much on his own timetable and clock, as there wasn’t much they could do to actually enforce he do anything at a particular time other than nagging. He doesn’t intentionally try to be late or forget things, but aside from food and squirrels, he generally has the attention span of a squirrel.

AGED At first glance, everything seems to scare or startle Pip: darkness, bright lights, loud music, bugs, long shadows, clowns, crowds, you name it. But when it comes down to serious takes like facing death and philosophical truma, Pepijn has always displayed a surreal sense of calm and acceptance. Not stoicism, but acceptance: “Sometimes we are the hawk that eats the squirrel. Sometimes we are the squirrel that is eaten. Such is the way of life.” This, in addition to his complex thoughts about life and living, gives Pip a slightly more complex and mature flavor than might be expected.

setting Sorting 2055 || with First years
appearance 4’9”, chonky || wearing uniform
status Zander and I have to get the same home right?

The pines were roaring on the height
The winds were moaning in the night
The fire was red, it flaming spread
The trees like torches blazed with light
🥜👻
"Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold”. Lyrics by J.R.R. Tolkien, cover by Geoff Castellucci

My my, quite an interesting life you have
And you've taken it all quite in stride
Impressive for one so young
I think you'll do quite well in

Gryffindor!

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

Amata lead the first years from the antechamber into the Great Hall, approaching the stool and the hat with the group lined up behind her. She unbound the scroll, and began reading off names to start the sorting so the evening could get underway.

»» gяуffιи∂σя αℓυмиυѕ & нєα∂ σf нσυѕє »» ∂єρυту нєα∂мιѕтяєѕѕ & мутнσℓσgу ρяσfєѕѕσя »» мαяяιє∂ тσ gяαуѕσи ρσωєℓℓ

fєєℓ уσυя вяιттℓє вσиєѕ ѕнινєя ѕнαкιиg fєαтнєяу
                                                    ѕнє ιѕ вєαυтιfυℓ fℓєєтιиg αѕ α мємσяу
                                                    тнє ѕку'ѕ вєєи fαℓℓιиg тняσυgн ∂σωиρσυя'ѕ gяσωιиg ¢σℓ∂
                                                    ѕнє ℓαυgнѕ αт єνєяу fσσℓιѕн нσρє ωє нσℓ∂
                                                    fσя ωιитєя ιѕ ¢σмιиg ∂σωи тнє яσα∂

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:44 pm

User Image🦜🎹
AURAIS FLINT AURELIUS

Aurais’s expression had its usual placid and unexpressive look to it, but wide eyes soaking in every detail of the hall betrayed his curiosity. Astyth, his gray parrot, shifted on his shoulder and fluttered her wings with excitement. ”Big place,”, she repeated from her first impression of the castle, mirroring both their thoughts. Aurais’s fingers trembled lightly as he lifted them to stroke her.

Astyth found Valerius first. ”Hello Val, Hello Val,” she chirped fluttering a wing in a wave. Aurais waved himself once he spotted his brother at the Ravenclaw table. They had spent the entire train ride together, but it was still cool. Aur was hoping to he'd be in Ravenclaw too--it sounded really neat-- but he was mostly excited to just be at Hogwarts. In his head, Aurais felt like a symphony of strings building up beneath a horn melody-- a nervous kind of energy. He couldn't wait to actually see the moving staircases and cast magic and make his own potions. He also had to find something cool to send home--he'd promised to include a "cool" souvenir back to his sister with his first Flintzine--a zine of random stories and doodles--away from home.

“Aurelius, Aurais.”

”Here!” Astyth squawked. She flew forward, settling on the stool as she had seen another student before them do. She shifted gingerly on the stool, claws clacking lightly against the surface. She looked up at the hat.

Aurais caught up quickly and signed a ”Sorry,” to the professor before holding his hand out to take the seat– unless the hat wanted to sort Astyth as well.

Personality

ANALYTICAL Aurais loves to get into how things work. He has a sharp mind for systems and processes, and the more gorey detail he can get, the better. He thinks in terms of not what is but what could be or might be. He loves overthinking theoretical or hypothetical situations, and loves diving into the logistics of things. How to make fantasy things happen or translating an idea into an actionable project is an area of fascination. Actually making or doing things…is less exciting.

AMBITIOUS Aurais always has at least three creative projects on his plate at any time and somehow still stumbles into more. Even if he’s focused and working, he just runs into some new interesting thing or has a new idea and bam, new project to do. Unfortunately, while he’s great at the planning, analysis, and reporting phases he’s not as great at doing things and thus often has a lot of incomplete or partial projects that are “stuck”. Aurais has often tried to take on too much, burns out, and gets upset and miserable because of it, then cheers himself up by taking on even more things. It’s a problem. He knows this. He still does it.

MEDITATIVE Perhaps it comes from eating particularly slowly due to trouble swallowing, or expressing emotions being particularly hard, but Aurais moves through life at a turtle’s pace, always thinking and thinking some more before actually doing something, if anything, about things. The only times he rushes are to get through a book faster to the interesting part, when he’s trying to write everything down, or during a fast piano piece. His mind is either zeroed in absolutely focused, or wandering a half-dozen directions at once.

PEACEMAKER Aurais generally tries to get along with others and tries to get others to get along. He believes everyone can be kind, no matter what, and tries to be supportive and polite if nothing else. He gets inspiration from people and wants to work with other people on his projects, so he’s happy to share ideas, but also partially fears someone taking over or stealing the ideas he’s working with. For someone who is silent, Aurais does not fade into the background.

GROUNDED As much as Aurais enjoys creative possibilities and projects, he likes things that are doable and within his wheelhouse. He’s more sensible and reasonable than floaty, and his idle daydreaming time is usually spent thinking of how to work on one of these projects. His ideas should be built off of something, not just dangling off nowhere, and even when he’s writing fanfiction, he needs it to be firmly grounded in some form of canon or system of rules; out-of-character is a terrible insult unless it’s done with meaningful purpose!

setting Sorting Feast 2056, Great Hall || with first years
appearance 4’8”, spindly || wearing uniform
status This is exciting :O
Astyth status Trying to get sorted herself

There, along the road, was a tiny home
The yard held dead machines behind its fences
Like they were its kids
Broken down, but still worth a lot to someone
It made me stop and grin
🎹🦜
"Along the Road" by Radical Face.

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:11 am
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Benjamin Olson
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Halfblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

After hearing so much about Hogwarts and all of the cool classes his siblings were in, Benjamin couldn’t wait to join. And now, he was finally there, in the Great Hall that looked like it had no ceiling and he was instead looking up at the night sky. Shuffling to the front of the room with the rest of the first years, Benjamin’s attention shifted to the Sorting Hat as it began to call on his fellow classmates. He had been so mesmerized with his surroundings that he hadn’t even thought of finding Taylor or Mason’s familiar faces at their tables. Once his name was called, Ben bounded up to the stool and sat down, eager to know which house he’d call home for the remainder of his time at Hogwarts.

MAGNANIMOUS Benjamin is usually very generous and forgiving, even when he is wronged. It doesn't take much for him to drop everything he is doing and help others with whatever they need, whether it be a friend or acquaintance.
                                              FLEXIBLE Benjamin isn't strict with plans. He is ready and able to change in order to adapt to different circumstances. Plans changing do not bother him as he figures he can always move things around and reschedule. Perhaps this is one reason why he is able to drop what he is doing if someone needs him.
                                              BIG-THINKING Benjamin is very much future oriented. He is always on the lookout for possibilities, jumps onto opportunities, and comes up with ideas and solutions to problems. He is willing to take big risks because he sees the chance to win bigger. However, his risky behaviour does get him into his fair share of trouble.
                                              DRIVING Once Benjamin has his eyes set on a goal, he will do whatever it takes to achieve that goal (unless of course, someone needs him). He is very quick to take action, but can come across as arrogant when he does so.
                                              STRONG-WILLED Benjamin does not give up easily as he is very determined to reach his goal when he sets his mind on something.
                                              BLUNT Unlike his brother, Benjamin does not sugar coat his advice or opinions for the sake of feeling like he is being respectful. He does not hold back, whether sharing his opinion, defending a friend, or discussing his views.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

H e a r t ' s on fire, leaving all b e h i n d
                                              Dark as night, let the l i g h t n i n g guide you

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:15 pm
User Image User Image
Summer Rose Sweetwater

Unsorted First Year
Muggleborn Free-Spirited Plant Lover

Location : Great Hall - Sorting (2056)
                                                        Company : Other First Years and a Magic Hat

Summer was interested about Hogwarts the moment she heard about it. For her Hogwarts wasn’t so much a school but a place she might find a family. It was hard to say where that family might be, but it was an adventure all its own. She was excited, nervous, and terrified all in one sitting. Getting on the train she was excited by the end she was definitely tired from the travel. Then came the boat ride where she was excited all over again.

Following the Deputy Headmaster into the great hall, Summer was in awe of the space. The night sky with the candled lights were amazing. Magic truly was a hundred percent worth it in her eyes. One by one the first years were called, and the closer it got to her the more Summer’s nervous grew. Though she wasn’t against being the center of attention she was also pretty shy.

“Summer Sweetwater”

Summer stared blankly for a moment before realizing her name had been called. Looking around she took a deep breath before walking up to the stool. Taking a seat, they young orphan girl glanced up at the hat. “Are you a magic hat?” She questioned aloud before finishing in her head. ‘It would have to be... That’s pretty neat.’ What ever kind of hat it was, it would decide her fate. Kind of an odd turn of events if you asked her.

OOC : - - -

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ■ CHEERFUL Summer is very much a happy carefree kid. She’s always smiling and hardly bothered by anything. Not much brings her down and her cheerfulness can be quite infectious. Overly bubbly she enjoys even the most mundane things that others would find boring.
                                                            ■ FORGIVING If things do go wrong with someone, Summer is genuinely one to forgive. Though she’s hardly one to be bothered by what someone says, she’ll accept most forms of apology. It doesn’t take much to convince her to move past an issue. Not wanting to let it get in between a friendship she’ll move on before you know it. Water under the bridge as one would say.
                                                            ■ NURTURING With a gentle hand Summer cares for every living creature and plant that comes her way. Especially plants as she’s got quite the green thump. She helps any and all who need it and is always there for encouragement. You’ll never be shot down by Summer. In fact, she’ll assist someone with whatever task they are trying to get done. No matter how crazy.
                                                            ■ GOOD NATURED Summer is a gentle soul. She could never hurt a fly never mind a human being. As such she’s also kind and patient. She’s open to what others have to say and is very easy going. There is no need to feel rushed around her as she’d never make someone do so. She’d definitely be a decent friend with the amount of kindness and flexibility she has towards others. She loves hearing another’s ideas and happy to support the idea in question if she finds it to be a good one.
                                                            ■ GENIUNE In short, Summer is an honest individual. If she doesn’t think something is a good idea, she’ll be sure to say so. She won’t go about knocking down someone the hard way, but she’ll be open and upfront about her feelings. She tries her best to be as authentic as possible. Even if that means shooting someone down.
                                                            ■ SHY Summer can also be quite timid at first when meeting new people. She starts out quiet and works up to being talkative. She can be nervous around those she doesn't know but despite her hesitance she comes around rather quick.
                                                            ■ QUIRKY Summer can also be a bit of an oddball. She’s quite the plant lover and spends her time talking to any sort of plant life. She spends a lot of her time appearing to be out to lunch. Seemingly staring at nature like it has something to show her. She might even say that nature talks back to her as if plants could have a conversation. Though they may not actually speak, Summer is certain they are speaking in their own way.

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:29 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

My day has finally come’ thought Brianna, as she looked around the Great Hall, where she was soon to be Sorted into the House which would be her home for the next seven years. After watching her brother, Ron, board the bright red Hogwarts Express to be whisked away to his school for months on end, while she was stuck at her school and dealing with the boring stuff which came it, it was finally her time to come to Hogwarts too.

Last night, she had all her clothes and books packed into her school trunk, but Mom insisted on checking and rechecking that she had everything. It was all rather annoying actually, as she knew what she was taking with her, and worked out a list well ahead of time. After seeing Mom and Dad help Ron pack for the last four years, they gotten this all down to a bit of a science now. The only issue they had was when they found out that poor Bubber wouldn’t fit in the cat carrier anymore. It was the same soft-sided carrier Mom used when she would take Sassy to Hogwarts with her, but the sling bag was just too small for Bubber, and he growled unhappily when they tried stuffing him in it.

Well if you weren’t feeding him table scraps all the time, he wouldn’t weigh as much as you do,” was Ron’s comment on the subject, which just made Brianna mad. Her brother called the cat ‘Blubber’ on more than one occasion, and before there could be an argument, Mom made them stop, and told Brianna that if she wanted her cat to go with her, she would have to lug him around in her arms. ‘Well, of course I’m not leaving Bubber behind,’ was Brianna’s thought on the subject.

So, she walked into train station with a fifty-pound black cat, carrying him like he was a baby, in a sling which Mom used to carry both Brianna and Ron around when they were infants.

Brianna was disappointed that Dad couldn’t stay long enough both of them off; he needed to go into the Astra-Zeneca London facility for an ‘all hands on deck’ emergency meeting which couldn’t be handled remotely. They had to settle on taking photographs outside the station before he needed to depart. She also saw the look Mom gave Dad when he left, and it made Brianna feel pretty crummy for being so excited to be leaving; tonight was not the night Mom wanted to return to a house nobody else would be in.

While they were on the platform, Brianna had to suffer through the indignity of having Mom fuss over her appearance one more time, and double-check with once more that she had everything in her trunk. She also made Brianna promise to stick with her brother on the way up to school, and to listen to what he told her. “Sure, Mom, I’ll listen to him, as long as he doesn’t say anything completely stoopid,” was the closest thing to a promise Brianna was going to give. Mom then turned to Ron, and told him, “Ron, I know you’ll want to do things with your friends, but Brianna is your little sister, and this is all new to her. Promise me you’ll watch out for her; she’s going to have to be your responsibility now

Ron gave her a wide-eyed look, glanced down at Brianna, before nodding his head. “Uh, um, yes, Mom, I promise to watch out for her. You don’t need to worry about us” Brianna rolled her eyes dolefully, as she thought, ‘Gee, thanks, Mom, for that ringing endorsement, oh, and for guilting Ron into being a danged babysitter that I don’t need. He took that like a Bludger to the face

Mom then clutched at them both in a hug which caused Bubber to remind them all how much he didn’t like getting squashed, and she started snuffling and tearing up. Brianna heard Ron tell her in a quiet tone, “Please, Mom, please don’t cry; it’s going to be okay, we got this.” Brianna saw how Ron was holding himself a little bit taller and straighter now, and she gave him a smile. Mom also seemed to notice, and she smiled through her tears, and said, “You’re getting to be more like your dad, Ron. Right, off you go; don’t want for you to be late.” She gave them both another big hug, before kissing them both, and promised to pick them up in Hogsmeade for Christmas break.

The ride up to Hogsmeade Station was a bit of a blur for Brianna, and they didn’t get in until later than she was expecting. It all seemed a bit unreal to her, right until she got her first glimpse of the castle rising majestically above the Black Lake, with all the lights glowing in the windows.

Now, she was waiting her turn to be Sorted, and her surname put her towards the end of the proceedings. When her name was called, Brianna walked up, glancing at the tables full of students, wondering where she would be going. She sat on the stool, and when the Sorting Hat was placed upon her head, she said quietly, “Magic Hat; didn’t see that one coming. Hope you’re not expecting me to pull a rabbit out of you. Okay, so how does this work? Am I gonna be a Gryffindor like Mom, a ‘Puff, like my big brother, Ron, or maybe a Ravenclaw, like Dad totes would have been, if he’d been … like magical, and all?

Personality:

■ Driven: When I see a goal, I’ll work really hard to see it done. I’m not afraid of getting my hands dirty and doing it
■ Pragmatic: Good thing for me I inherited Mom and Dad’s sense of making sure that I want to do is actually, you know, doable, and I’m pretty good at figuring out the steps.
■ Independent: I’d like to think I can take care myself, whether others see it or not. Yeah, I haven’t much of a chance to prove it, but when the rest of my family is off doing things, I got this.
■ Loyal: My family is my family, my friends are family. Mess with them, you deal with me.
■ Sensitive: I won’t show it, but if you hurt me, I will feel it, and it will take a long time for me to get over it.
■ Quiet: I don’t like loud people, and I see no reason to be loud myself. They can blather on all day long about how good they are, I’ll let my work do my talking for me.

■ I love it when Dad orders pizza from the place near where we live, and he gets me an order of garlic bread knots and dipping sauce.
■ Chocolate. I was told there would be chocolate at the end of this interview. There is chocolate, yes?
■ The Holyhead Harpies, love listening to their games on the Wireless
■ I collect books, especially on British and Welsh history
■ Watching ‘Stranger Things

Dislikes:

■ Brussel Sprouts and cauliflower are evil, just take my word for it. Ron has that one right.
■ Don’t like it when people lie to me. I try very hard not to lie to others; I expect the same from them.
■ Getting smothered by Mom. Ever since Ron started at Hogwarts, she pays a lot more attention to me.
■ The mood I get in when things just don’t work out for me. I try to hide it, but when I get down on myself, it’s not pleasant; especially when it comes with migraines.
■ Girl Drama- it comes with noise and headaches. Did I mention I don’t like loud people?

Hobbies:

■ Quidditch. I want to play just like Mom did.
■ Wizard Chess- it makes you think and plan
■ Soccer- because Mom won’t let me play rugby

Strengths:

■ Work Ethic: Nobody’s calling me a slacker
■ I’m told I’m a really smart kid.

Weaknesses:

■ Okay, I’m just flat out stubborn. Ya’ happy already?
■ I could be something of a smartass, but that’s better than a dumb one…

Fears:

■ That I can’t meet my parents’ expectations of me.
■ Someone breaking my heart

OOC:
mc2
Any chance Ron can hang with Aria at her table?

User Image
                  "You're lost little girl, you're lost little girl
                  You're lost, tell me who are you?"

"I think that you know what to do
                  Impossible? Yes, but it's true
                  I think that you know what to do, yeah
                  I'm sure that you know what to do "

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games