Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ Mission ORP ] Rise and Shine - CONCLUSION PAGE 27 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:00 pm
"Alright! I'll guide then, is that alright?"

Keeping her hold on the guy, Cass moved quickly, albeit carefully, to the tent that she'd neglected heading into earlier. She made a face at the rows of body bags inside, a choking noise in her chest before she finally stepped over an empty body bag and carefully set the man inside (was it a man? She hadn't even checked that...).

She waited for Aleister to be settled as well before she zipped it up.

"Okay, I think it is definitely time for clean up.." she said, retreating back out of the tent and outside to start washing off. Taking up a water bottle, she unscrewed the lid and all but poured it all over herself. And yet, it still felt disgusting. There was no real way to get the filth off of her. Not that the fallen was filth, but..the blood, the slickness, the textures..they were ingrained into her touch reception and she was just going to have to work at it to get the feeling to go away.

It was horrible.

It was awful.

She hated it. She wanted to go back to the base and shower and curl up underneath the covers and possibly cry.

LP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:05 pm
It was time to face facts. It was impossible to deny, Leon knew whatever he was carrying, was once alive and had dreams. And all those dreams and hopes were going to be transferred to a dark bag to be locked up and disposed of. "Even though I'm in the Life branch, I'm actually not sure what they do with any.... casualties." he said over the headset system as he tugged the rubber like appendage into a more comfortable position to bear its weight.

"You think they would bury them, use them for research or.... something else?" he asked warily, unsure if he really wanted to learn the fate of the Don Joe the swashbuckler and himself was trying to carry over the sand dune ahead. The whole field of gray that encompassed the heat vision goggles was disorientating to say the lest. yes there was nothing but gray in front from what his eyes could see, but touching the sand that threatened to push them down and into its depths made it impossible to match up the situation.

Not to mention that the body was heavy as it is and struggling with extra weight was exhausting enough and Harrison was setting the pace in front. "Hey, lets get this thing up and over before we fall into a ant lion pit or something equally as horrible." after what he saw from the last mission, it wouldn't be surprising to see a 20 ft giant ant-lion try to emerge from the sandy depths and drag them under into a brutal suffocating death.

Really, anything was possible and they still had no clue what caused the massacre and the boxer really didn't want to find out.

Toshihiko Two

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

Chobi_Chocobo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:27 pm
Syusaki
LATE REPLY IS LATE I IS SORRY

Tikaanis grabbed the body with Wilson and at first the teen was able to hold on. At first. But the strong odor and the sinking in feeling that this used to be one of them. Human. It all sunk in at once. In a very unprofessional manner, Tikaanis dropped the body and shook her head.

She couldn't. This was a dead person. She couldn't do it.

The heat was probably getting to her under all that fur.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:31 pm
demon_pachabel

All Aleister could do by this point was nod as he followed Cass. He wished he could've kept his eyes on the floor however, they had found a place on the tent wall when they entered and stayed there until whoever this was, was in the bag and they'd zipped it up and were able to leave.

He moved quickly out of the tent grabbing a water bottle to try to clean his own hands. Ugh he just wanted to burn these clothes and the fact the feelings were still on his hands. He looked around before stooping to pick up some what he hoped was clean sand and scrub it to his hands.

That would help for now, maybe not remove the memories but the feeling of the blood... He sighed standing near Cass watching idiots fight. He'd finally gotten the ability to speak back after swallowing a few times, "Why does it seem like they think bickering like children here is apporipiate?"

<Soo you think they shouldn't be fighting 'cause of all those bodies?>

<It's disrespectful, so no they shouldn't be. I might jump at shadows at inappropriate moments but I sure as hell ain't starting fights in places like this.>

He was still playing with the sand he'd picked up in his hands. Hoping their next task wasn't something just as hard while he explained to pookie why fighting in the middle of a blood-bathed field was bad manners.  

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 pm
Cass finally ran a piece of canvas over her hands to try and get rid of the feeling of slick and sinew. It didn't really work.

"Don't burn 'em without permission. I don't know if we get extras." Cass said weakly, seeming put off by the entire scenario, but still working to clean up the blood and the mess off of her. It felt like it just wasn't going to come off. Why, why, why why?? It was strange how suddenly it hit her and after a moment she made another choking noise, pulled her mask off, and retreated away from the boy for a while.

There was no question as to why that was, however. It would be about five minutes before Cass returned, replacing the mask over her face pathetically. Funny how it was, dead bodies making one sick. It was good. It reminded her she was human and not..

A monster? It really isn't that bad.

<>

Nicodemus had apparently just been rejected, but Cass didn't say anything beyond that, just settling back in with her partner with a sigh. "It's stupid to fight in the presence of the dead." Cass said after a moment. "Because why are they dead and does it really mean nothing at this point?"

LP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:42 pm
Bloodlust Dante

The retching noises over the headset were not encouraging. Harrison ignored them too.

"Yeah. But someone's got to recover these guys. How'd they all end up in the middle of the desert? Nobody lives in the Sahara. Guess they could have been - villagers. Are they were all our guys? There's a lot of bodies but I don't see any weapons."

He helped Leon get the body into the tent, and towards a bag. He was feeling nervous, and talking too much. Part of him just didn't want to say anything. What could you say? He was glad he was out here with a team, in uniforms, shoulder-to-shoulder with other people picking through and carrying. The tents, the feed over the headsets, they said normalcy, handling it.

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 pm
For half a heartbeat Sherry was afraid of the thing breaking again. She almost sighed in relief when it didn't. But they weren't finished. They still had to get it all the way back to camp. We can do this. She just needed to not think about what it was, or the fact that it was dripping. As long as it didn't fall apart, it would be fine. She had to tell herself something.

Sherry was glad to let Madison take the lead, and slowly, carefully they made their way out of the pit. All they had to make it across the sand and back to the tent. Then it would be over. She could do this. She wasn't about to let herself, or Madison, down.

"I see...the tent," she said in between breaths. It felt heavier with each step, but they were almost there. Soon, she could put this little task behind her.

Sosiqui
Yay, success!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:02 pm
demon_pachabel

He nodded with a sigh, "Why did they have to be white..." It'd probably take forever to get out the mess. He felt a little queasy but trying not to think about it and staring at those fighting somehow made it go away.

He had glanced back when Cass retreated suddenly, and then faced away from her. His eyes were closed and he was trying to picture something more pleasant than this. He heard her come back and ask why. "I guess.... you know I don't know... maybe it's something with the dehumanization thing the media seemed to promote a lot."  

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:07 pm
Dragain

"Yup, Native American." He nodded, "Cherokee to be exact, I come from a long line of Wiseman in our tribe hence why...." He quieted before shrugging, "Why I can see those figures from Halloween."

He laughed though at her comment before waggling eyebrows under his mask. "You got me all curious there Sugar. I'll learn your secrets one day." He shifted again as they got closer to the camp, Julie's voice broke through and he gave a small sigh at the woman. She was WAY to stressed out, but then again seeing as what she had to do well....He couldn't blame her.

Two?

They entered the tent with their body and Dakota simply just glanced at the body bags. Damn, they sure collected out here didn't they. He watched as Ariane grabbed one for their body before stuffing it in, shoving the body in. He was pretty sure he felt his hand push into the leg of the body and made a small bleh sound.

Yeah, best not to think of it. He grinned before wiping his hands off on the tent flap. He perked at her offer, without any thought, without any hesitation.

"Oh a shower together Babe? We might be moving a little fast but you know, I don't mind bonding in a desert covered in human goo with you. One might say gross, I say...true romance."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:26 pm
"You- You... I can't believe you sent them here!" The shriek blasted through everyone's earphone, rather unexpectedly. "Those are honest to God dead- cor- victims, what were you thinking?"

"Julie. Are you fully aware of the situation at all?" And there was Caelius's voice, making everyone sound equally incompetent.

An uneasy pause. "It doesn't matter why, it doesn't change the fact that you are sending trainees to-"

"I will explain the situation to you. Do you honestly think these victims showed up here in the middle of the ******** Sahara magically? Someone - or rather something - brought them here. It hid over two-hundred and still counting bodies from us, and is probably still collecting as we speak. The next victim could be us, it could be those trainees over there, or more likely it could be regular people. And I'll let you in on a little secret between you and me. There is more-"

The headset suddenly buzzed as a sudden low roar shook the entire expanse. The very sand below the trainees seemed to shift, abnormal shapes swimming underneath. Without warning, long ridges of sharp bone - a foot in length for each segment - jutted out from the sand right where the brunt of the trainees were stationed. From the segments stretched a long tail, and then a body, and finally a long reptilian head, sand dribbling down its sides to reveal black rotting flesh underneath. It turned, slightly, exhaling black plumes from its nostrils.

BOSS BATTLE

BOSS BATTLE: 100 HP
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- This is a boss fight!
- If you don't know how to battle check out the battling mechanics and information!.
- Hunters can only used their charged ability after the have gained three charges
- You can only get one attack per GM round/phase
- Before you attack, ROLL A 6-sided dice. If odd, you take 10 damage from the spines if even, they miss you. If hit, you cannot attack this round. Otherwise continue on to the attack phase.
- You can have unlimited rp reactions, but once again ROLL ONLY ONCE PER ROUND.

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

OnionGrump rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:33 pm
Ryan winced at the voices coming through the headset. Suddenly he wished there was a volume setting on them that he could tamper with.

"What are they talking about..?" He asked Jerry, as the man continued his way through the 'garden.' Not that he expected a proper answer from him. Or at least, not in this state. The conversation going on, however, was strange... but before they could find out anything more, a low roar shook the area and the sand beneath their feet shifted.

"What the he--"

:RYAN MOVE!:

Too late to respond, the creature appeared, it's spines tearing through the trainees and knocking them all back.

"s**t ow--s**t!"

User Image

HP: 30/40
ATTACK DISABLED FOR 1 TURN

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:33 pm
Edit - derp wrong dice hold on  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

demon_pachabel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:34 pm
"I guess so..." Cass agreed hesitantly, patting Aleister on the shoulder. "I'm sure I can help with any stains though. I've dealt with..enough..of them it seems." She didn't really clarify. Maybe it had something to do with that last mission they'd been on? Either way, after a moment she winced, her ears suddenly filled with an arguement between the Moon-woman and their ever so responsible leader.

That was good..she guessed.

And yet, it seemed that Caelius was more..willing to fill them in on the situation and Cass made a face underneath her mask. "Okay, definitely going to be needing your weapon at some point, Al." she said, and it seemed that right on cue...

YEP. There was the shaking ground, throwing all of the hunters off balance an- oh god. Spines everywhere. Cass was fortunate to be missed by them, moving and reaching for the chain on her waist, immediately pulling it apart, each end reforming into a connected weapon, blade in one, gun in the other. "Hey Al, you alright to go at this thing for a test run?"

LP

Chobi_Chocobo rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
Syusaki

Not being able to deal with picking up a body was not the only thing that seemed to be wrong with Tika. The teen was smacked by something and on the sandy floor in seconds by Wilson's feet. Not only was she by her partners feet, she was by the dead body.

It hadn't registered that she was sharing the ground with the dead yet.

HP: 30/40  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

The water and piece of canvas he had been given wasn't a whole lot to get himself cleaned up. It at least kept him a little preoccupied for the time being, at least until he felt the sand begin to move beneath his feet. Pausing, he stayed still, trying to make sure he wasn't imagining things.

No. The ground was definitely moving.

And then before he knew it, something came erupting up from the ground. Letting out a startled cry, he fell back, staring up at the.... thing. It was no Thrasher Maw from what he could tell, but it wasn't any better either. Eyes wide, he stared at the beast. It was hard to see the details through the heat vision mask, but it was just bad news.

Wait... that was probably what caused all those bodies! Why was that still here? Shouldn't they have killed it before sending them all? Bad day. Bad day.

HP: 40/40  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games