Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Back to Guilds

A guild for adult gaians 20 or older. 

Tags: Adult, Mature, friendly, 20 and older, older 

Reply Adults Gaia Anonymous
A.G.A. Chatter Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:35 pm
Sammirah
Furrie Princess Nala
Exxos
Furrie Princess Nala
Exxos
Sammirah
Boof! What's new, my homies?

I'm getting discouraged by my weight and attempts to get healthy. I have plateaued out regardless of pushing myself further and am basically just a mass of bleeding sores for the effort. That on top of a lot of personal problems, has me fairly upset.

It's why I have been so quiet and my contributions to the guild have seemed so forced as of late.

To be honest knocking yourself out with workouts and dieting do not always work. Try using chai tea. I drank one or two cups a day for a week while watching what i eat and i lost ten pounds in that week. Also a mild workout. (or just do some outside work.)

I already drink chai, so it's effects are already in the equation. But if you know any way of upping those effects, it would be helpful.
Well chai tea does help control hunger and help burn off weight try doing about ten minutes of yoga or tai chi/tai bo. They tend to be very demanding on the body and a good way to not only help balance your chi but tai bo/tai chi also give the body a much great workout. (I myself did karate everyday for about ten to fifteen minutes a day while drinking 2 cups a day of chai tea.) It may take more or less depending on how much you want to lose and how quick. also try not to worry so much as it tends to make things harder to lose weight.

I love chai but I must say I've never really heard it touted for its health benefits. Is that because of the spices and the black tea? Do you make yours from scratch?

All tea is healthy for you but each tea also has its own health benefit. Chai teas spices and black tea helps control hunger and boost metabolism. Chamomile tea helps rest the mind and body for a more natural sleep. Of course these are just a couple examples. And I did at one point but lately I have had to by the store version and while it works it does not work as well as the homemade chai tea. (Also do not add sugar to the chai tea natural honey works as well and will not have the backlash sugar does.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:07 pm
Furrie Princess Nala
Exxos
Furrie Princess Nala
Exxos
Sammirah

I'm getting discouraged by my weight and attempts to get healthy. I have plateaued out regardless of pushing myself further and am basically just a mass of bleeding sores for the effort. That on top of a lot of personal problems, has me fairly upset.

It's why I have been so quiet and my contributions to the guild have seemed so forced as of late.

To be honest knocking yourself out with workouts and dieting do not always work. Try using chai tea. I drank one or two cups a day for a week while watching what i eat and i lost ten pounds in that week. Also a mild workout. (or just do some outside work.)

I already drink chai, so it's effects are already in the equation. But if you know any way of upping those effects, it would be helpful.
Well chai tea does help control hunger and help burn off weight try doing about ten minutes of yoga or tai chi/tai bo. They tend to be very demanding on the body and a good way to not only help balance your chi but tai bo/tai chi also give the body a much great workout. (I myself did karate everyday for about ten to fifteen minutes a day while drinking 2 cups a day of chai tea.) It may take more or less depending on how much you want to lose and how quick. also try not to worry so much as it tends to make things harder to lose weight.

I'd like to lose 90 pounds in 90 weeks. I am not sure if that is insane or not.

I managed to put a 2 inch tear in my skin this morning getting out of bed. I stepped down and just the weight of my body on my heel made it decide to bust. My body seems to have reached a maximum of sealable fissures for the moment. razz  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:15 pm
Exxos
Furrie Princess Nala
Exxos
Furrie Princess Nala
Exxos
Sammirah

I managed to put a 2 inch tear in my skin this morning getting out of bed. I stepped down and just the weight of my body on my heel made it decide to bust. My body seems to have reached a maximum of sealable fissures for the moment. razz
Umm i do not mean to sound rude but that much of a weight loss could be deadly. I am not fully sure but if i knew your height, current weight and age i could tell you if that would be safe or not. (Though i can say this unless your younger then 12 years old and less then four feet tall you do not want to weigh less then 100 pounds.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:18 pm
Furrie Princess Nala
Exxos
Furrie Princess Nala
Exxos
Furrie Princess Nala

Umm i do not mean to sound rude but that much of a weight loss could be deadly. I am not fully sure but if i knew your height, current weight and age i could tell you if that would be safe or not. (Though i can say this unless your younger then 12 years old and less then four feet tall you do not want to weigh less then 100 pounds.)

6'2.625" 265lbs, 33 years old. Also it should have been 80 in 90 weeks. I was figuring that a little less than a pound per week over almost 2 years seemed right. I felt my best around 165, but 185 would be okay.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Furrie Princess Nala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:34 am
Exxos
Furrie Princess Nala
Exxos
Furrie Princess Nala
Exxos
Furrie Princess Nala

6'2.625" 265lbs, 33 years old. Also it should have been 80 in 90 weeks. I was figuring that a little less than a pound per week over almost 2 years seemed right. I felt my best around 165, but 185 would be okay.
for someone of six feet tall and 33 years old I think 190 to 200pounds is the lowest you should go. Also keep in mind muscle weighs more then fat. I myself am 5'7" 224pounds but, I also am mostly tense muscle so about 190 is the lowest I could ever hope to go.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:46 am
There were two more winners in the Birthday/Revelry thread!!

AntiqueEntity won the June Monthly Collectable! wow!

and Sammirah has one the Fatale Monstrum!!

Congrats to you two!!!

Don't forget that all guild members can try their luck once per day at rolling a winning number smile

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:09 am
Furrie Princess Nala
/quote]for someone of six feet tall and 33 years old I think 190 to 200pounds is the lowest you should go. Also keep in mind muscle weighs more then fat. I myself am 5'7" 224pounds but, I also am mostly tense muscle so about 190 is the lowest I could ever hope to go.

I don't know.... what he's suggesting doesn't sound all that unreasonable. I'm fairly sure most docs would say one pound per week is nice and slow and steady amount and the weight goal seems pretty good too.

You of course have to factor in frame size but here's a typical weight chart:

User Image

Obviously, not every single person will find their own personal "healthiest" weight within these boundaries. You have to pay attention to how you feel and how much energy you have to find what's best for you. (as well as paying attention to other factors such as blood pressure and cholesterol levels)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:22 am
Camwen
Furrie Princess Nala
/quote]for someone of six feet tall and 33 years old I think 190 to 200pounds is the lowest you should go. Also keep in mind muscle weighs more then fat. I myself am 5'7" 224pounds but, I also am mostly tense muscle so about 190 is the lowest I could ever hope to go.

I don't know.... what he's suggesting doesn't sound all that unreasonable. I'm fairly sure most docs would say one pound per week is nice and slow and steady amount and the weight goal seems pretty good too.

User Image

Obviously, not every single person will find their own personal "healthiest" weight within these boundaries. You have to pay attention to how you feel and how much energy you have to find what's best for you. (as well as paying attention to other factors such as blood pressure and cholesterol levels)
This is a good guide to go by but there is two things it can not take into effect. One is muscle density and the other is age. I mean if you have a 12 year old who is 4ft 7inches tall and built with mostly muscles he is bound to weigh more then a normal person that age. there is also genetics to think about a person who comes from a overly heavy family may get sick if trying to reach those weights.(I actually dropped down to 159pounds about nine years ago and I ended up in ICU after one week.)  

Furrie Princess Nala

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:18 pm
Furrie Princess Nala
Camwen
Furrie Princess Nala

User Image

This is a good guide to go by but there is two things it can not take into effect. One is muscle density and the other is age. I mean if you have a 12 year old who is 4ft 7inches tall and built with mostly muscles he is bound to weigh more then a normal person that age. there is also genetics to think about a person who comes from a overly heavy family may get sick if trying to reach those weights.(I actually dropped down to 159pounds about nine years ago and I ended up in ICU after one week.)

The chart is of course for adults 25-59 and is a general guideline for people on average. There will always be exceptions to the rule - as it seems you are.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:46 pm
If we take into consideration my condition as well as when I actually feel my best, I should be 165 to 170 pounds.

My weight itself puts too much strain on my muscles and skin though. So I am at this frustrating point that my body is falling apart from trying to lose the weight that is contributing to it falling apart. The wear and tear on the muscles trying to build them up also has the effect that because I don't heal or recover at the same rate a normal person would, I tend to find it far more difficult to get the same level of success – where a normal, out of shape person might be sore for a day after some exercise, I am a mess of tears, rupture spots, and pain for 5 to 10 days. So this wall I am up against is something of an issue that my body seems to be physically incapable of passing; anything more and I will be so injured, that I won't be able to keep it up and be sedentary until the pain dies down enough to move decently.

In the past, the only way for me to drop the weight was pneumonia. Not exactly the weight loss option I want to consider! rofl  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:11 am
Exxos
If we take into consideration my condition as well as when I actually feel my best, I should be 165 to 170 pounds.

My weight itself puts too much strain on my muscles and skin though. So I am at this frustrating point that my body is falling apart from trying to lose the weight that is contributing to it falling apart. The wear and tear on the muscles trying to build them up also has the effect that because I don't heal or recover at the same rate a normal person would, I tend to find it far more difficult to get the same level of success – where a normal, out of shape person might be sore for a day after some exercise, I am a mess of tears, rupture spots, and pain for 5 to 10 days. So this wall I am up against is something of an issue that my body seems to be physically incapable of passing; anything more and I will be so injured, that I won't be able to keep it up and be sedentary until the pain dies down enough to move decently.

In the past, the only way for me to drop the weight was pneumonia. Not exactly the weight loss option I want to consider! rofl

heh no that would be a terrible way lol!
I suppose it's incredibly hot where you are now too. That can't be helping things at the moment sad  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:11 pm
Camwen
Exxos

heh no that would be a terrible way lol!
I suppose it's incredibly hot where you are now too. That can't be helping things at the moment sad

Hot and dry. Yesterday it was 119º and the coolest it got at night was 101º. And as everyone knows, I am the guy that starts bitching about the heat when it goes over 55º. rofl  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:59 am
gaia_nitemareleft

Good morning everybody! ... or well ok, it's already noon in here. xd I'm on my summer holiday finally and I've let my self sleep in the mornings as long as I feel like. Yesterday I woke up at 2pm. I was so exhausted after the weekend. Getting married is hard work, especially if you want to have a good party. xd

gaia_angelright

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:44 pm
Lilygwen
gaia_nitemareleft

Good morning everybody! ... or well ok, it's already noon in here. xd I'm on my summer holiday finally and I've let my self sleep in the mornings as long as I feel like. Yesterday I woke up at 2pm. I was so exhausted after the weekend. Getting married is hard work, especially if you want to have a good party. xd

gaia_angelright

Sounds like you did have a good party then xd
Congrats again on your wedding!! heart  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:24 pm
FYI: I'll be gone from tomorrow through Saturday! I hope you all have a wonderful week. Have a happy 4th to those in the US!

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games