Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:46 pm
Falienn
He managed not to jump when Orri reached out and actually touch him, but it broke Falienn's fixation on the Hufflepuff hatchling. For a moment. "Getting along's good..." He...guessed. It was good. To have Orri alongside. He almost grimaced at the (pointless, sappy) words the kid was muttering then but...well. It felt good to have a friend nearby. To not be alone.

When he looked back up, the hatchling behind Hufflepuff's shell had moved. Gone...to the girls. That tint. She was...oh. Something inside that'd dared to begin to blossom stilled.

Punctured.

Wilted like a trod upon dream.

He swiftly crammed those feeling away deep inside, sucking a shaky breath at the sight of rainbow in those too-yellow eyes and plastering over the spreading cracks with feelings of gratitude, of acceptance, of joy to see things had gone as they ought. She was happy. She would be loved. That was good. It was all good. He leaned just a bit more into Orri's touch.

It was all just perfect...
medigel
@Orri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:49 pm
Just a few minutes after the first bronze Impression, the little worried gold wobbled off to Impress as well. Well, that was a relief. It seemed the dragons knew just who they were looking for and Shar hoped that the Candidate would get her new queen off the sands quickly to comfort her a bit. The less anxiety on the sands - from human and dragon alike - the better.

More eggs were wobbling now and she waited patiently to see what else might pop out, the lone bronze and two greens the only dragons still on the sands for the time being. Perhaps they'd take interest in the Candidates soon.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:52 pm
Siv

Good! With the baby gold Impressed, Siv relaxed to watching the remaining dragonets and the eggs, humming calmly. It was good luck -- two metallics were Impressed. Good Omens!

Amila

Amila, for her part, remained in her space of hiding. She remained on the stands, and she was therefor TECHNICALLY not breaking rules, but for now she was just too scared to risk hurting any of the babies by being there. She just wanted to wait, and then!...Go back to bed.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:54 pm
Dehka

Confusion flooded through him, and after a moment, the boy turned. She was... upset. Really, really upset. Carefully, he reached out to take her by the shoulders, his bright eyes serious. "Soui," He said, his tone quiet, but steady. "You didn't do anything wrong. You didn't do anything to her, not on purpose. You deserve to be here, just as much as everybody else. You're kind and empathetic and you worry about--about everyone. Your dragon knows that you're the best person here... and maybe they haven't been laid yet, but I know they'll find you one day."

He believed that with all of his heart. And maybe he could convince her to believe it, too.

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:03 pm
SOUIi

Maybe she was doing her best not to have a repeat of the touching, a two-point-oh if you will, but when the golden dragonet impressed safely and Dehka was telling her she was okay and it wasn't her fault it felt like all the stress she'd been holding in was suddenly released. Tears threatened the corners of her eyes for a moment or two before they actually started to fall, and she had to bite her lip to prevent a wail that she knew was coming. Instead she muffled it against Dehka's chest, her arms wrapped about him as she ignored the time and the place.

Let the Candidatemasters and Weyrlingmasters remove her from the sands, she'd be okay with it. She was just...so happy she hadn't hurt the dragonet, that she wasn't responsible for ruining a life before it started. "I'm just so glad she's okay, that she found her lifemate and I......I'm just so relieved. I didn't want to hurt her or ruin anything, I just want to be a dragonrider. I want to do what I want."

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:05 pm
Theo
Theo gingerly took the ink-smeared hand that was offered, shaking it with genuine pleasure, entirely proper and polite despite the risk of the ink getting on himself. He WAS a harper after all, and was used to dealing with such dangers. A quick swipe after with a bit of cloth from his pocket set things to rights. "O-oseathiol...but Theo is fine. Well, well, you see...not that it's quite good enough to be performed anywhere special. Uhm. Yes. About the hatching, actually." Thinking of those perfect little dragonets set some fire inside him, helped the chains of shyness slacken a bit. "I don't know of many...any other double hatchings at once so...It seemed an auspicious subject!" He really hadn't quite planned it all out yet, but something...a song at least, should come of this, right?

Sylfie's silence at his side drew his attention away then, and with a polite smile to Korbet, he shifted to give her a quick (and certainly not inappropriate glance). She had to know, that given the chance, he would rather happily give her all his attention over anyone else. Regory had retreated from the greens into her actual lap, and it plucked some string deep in his chest to see her cradling the tiny fat thing so gently. She was truly a treasure of a woman...and far above his station. He would, he resolved quietly, simply enjoy what time he had in her resplendent company. "My, look!" He gestured down to the sands. "A precious little gold. I wasn't sure there'd be one at all."

An almost coy smile crooked one corner of his mouth, the words slipping out before he could mind himself enough to stop them. "She reminds me a bit of you, I think. So gentle, but utterly perfect...!" And then he was nose-deep in his papers, writing frantically and looking anywhere but at his companions.
Meepfur
@Sylfie
Smerdle
@Korbet

ShinosBee

Nerd

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:10 pm
Dehka

O-Oh... He froze for a moment upon seeing the tears well in her eyes and spill down their cheeks, and suddenly she was burying her face against him. "I-It's okay!" He said softly, slowly wrapping his arms around her as well. "It's okay.... I... I didn't realize you were so worried, and you've been probably thinking about her all this time..." He could feel a lump threatening to well in his own throat, stubbornly swallowing it back down. "B-But you're okay, and she's okay! She found Hers and..."

He trailed off at her last statement, brows furrowing. Had she not been able to do what she wanted before? Dehka was quiet for a long moment, thinking that over. "It'll happen." He finally said. "Maybe not today. Maybe not for a few Turns, even. But I think... if you don't give up, and you keep at it... then you'll find everything you're looking for."

houllow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:12 pm
Orri (phone)

Maybe it had been selfish of him to hope that the parallels between Once Upon a Dream and Hufflepuff against he and Falienn was a sign, one soothing another and all. (And one at least a bronze.) Orri wouldn’t dare to air that part of his thoughts, of course, and he felt shame in how long it took to quash that idea once the dragons had impressed to others instead. This was just his first, after all, he had no reason to turn sour over something so petty.

Falienn, though...Faranth, he couldn’t imagine. This was a far cry from the man who had smirked at him from the other side of the sheets. He looked absolutely crushed. Would talking make it worse? “Listen. It hurts for a while. But you two had a moment, right? She wouldn’t forget that,” Orri told him softly. “She’ll find you, when it’s all finished. You’ll see.”

It...wasn’t anything close to a salve for a wound like that, but Orri couldn’t just stand and be quiet. He had to believe something good came out of this.

ShinosBee

medigel

Anxious Spirit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:16 pm
Martirae

As the gold drew closer, Marty couldn't help but pass another purposeful look at the girls she stood with. Zyamel certainly was hoping for something a bit more...green, but Iathe. Iathe was definitely a fair option. And in fact, as the little gold looked the young woman over, Marty was more certain of it than she'd been in her entire life.

Yet the touch against her knee nearly caused Marty to step back - like an ingrained warning to not get in the way of any baby. But when she looked from Iathe down to the lovely gold, she found that it wasn't Iathe who was being looked at. It was her. Martirae herself had eyes whirling with rainbows turned up at her.

It was as though the world had been pulled right out from underneath her feet. Every ounce of worry that poured into her had the woman reaching out with both hands to grasp that perfect, beautiful, golden head, dropping down on a knee like a knight before her lady to lean her head against that of such a magnificent being. Maybe it was simply a will power that kept her from falling into tears, or it was a fear that if she cried, this sweet, worried darling of a dragon - her dragon - would think it her fault.

"There is no better, beloved," there was no murmur, no doubt, and all would hear her say it. There was no hiding those words. "You are worth every moment of waiting, and as much as I am yours, you are mine." Her hands idly stroked the knobs of Anakumath's head as she unwound that knot of every feeling of want that had been glued down into place over all of this time. There was want in her heart, and if Anakumath had been expecting there to be none left for her - she was sorely mistaken.

Resting her head against the woman's shoulder as she kneeled, the rainbows of impression gave way to a perpetual shade of yellow, which bled into flecks of green, and then purple as love and want were poured into the newly formed bond between girl and gold. Anakumath could not argue with the downpour of love she was given - and Marty would make sure she never did.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Sulamol now S'mol of Bronze Valseth!
Impression Post

Sulamol was making new friends all over the sands today. He smiled at Tarnaria. He always had his slightly gap toothed and crooked smile ready for a pretty girl. "Following their parents fine example, off too a good start. And I think their show is keeping even the most nervous candidates positive. That's what a proper good hero is right there, keeps everyone else good too." Likely why there had been no show of the dreaded blood that Sul had kept hearing murmured and muttered about around the candidate brackets.

However the large lad had not finished making new connections on the sands. Once he was able to drag his eyes away from the distraction of the pretty girl to tract the newly hatched champions he was shocked to see one coming directly for him. The most handsome bronze creature, perfectly formed and the second to hatch out that day. Sul had never been a shy man, he had always been sure of himself, comfortable in knowing himself and his own strength and weaknesses held fast by his dreams. But in that moment he felt unsure. To have a dream was one thing, to see that dream striding purposefully towards you is something else entirely! He looked to his left at Dhawson, to his right at Tarnaria. He tried to track the bronze's determined gaze to either of them but nope, he was the focus. The only focus.

As he manically mentally scrambled for his next move, trying to bring forth his hasty and minimal lessons a voice entered his mind and washed away all doubt.

A prize you say, SulamolMine? There was a hint of laughter and amusement within the words. A mix of fondness and trust affection. If that's the case, than you're certainly the lucky winner! I've dreamed of meeting with you for so long, that I couldn't possibly wait any longer. With you as my own, I know there's nothing we can't accomplish together. Let's go be heroes, Mine. For now and for always.

It was the second time since his search that he had heard a voice in his head that was not his own, but this time it was completely different. This time it was right. Part of him that he did not even know he was missing. He automatically bent down to meet the dragons embrace and the two of them held each other tight in the middle of the hot sands. Unaware that they were being stared at. Now in that moment, all that mattered was the other half of their soul. Sul had been sniffling with happiness mere moments ago, but now his face was dry. Part of it was shock, but the other part of it was being in a state beyond tears. This was something he had to experience without becoming overwhelmed, which would be all too easy.

Winner. Well I think that might be an understatement. Now I know why I had to leave Ma and my cot hold. To meet you. And save pern. As Hero's. I just needed a good partner. Everything made perfect sense.

Yes, I knew you were the one and that is very important but...Well before all that, can we get something to eat? I'm starving. The bronze pointed out with wry amusement. We can still keep an eye on sands, just encase anyone else needs help.

Ah of course. You know i can tell. I didn't know that would be happening. Hungry but not. It'll take some getting used to, so lets get you fed.

At last they parted and S'mol, the new bronze rider straightened to his full height in his ripped robe.
Side by side they headed for the feeding area but on the way S'mol paused, he turned and faced down Krahsujunth, the one who had searched him and made all this possible, he bowed then, long and low. It seemed the right thing to do. His silent thanks issued to the blue, he turned back to Valseth, his beloved new partner and exited the stage of the hatching to let the rest of the days show and drama's play out.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:20 pm
Calla --- High Reaches

Then... it happened. A bronze waddled up and chose its rider, someone that Calla didn't know. A tiny pang of jealousy sparked in her chest, but she swallowed it down, went back to her training -- only to see next that the bashful dragon from the Hufflepuff egg was, in fact, a queen and emerging from behind her father. Whoa, a gold. Plenty of clutches came and went without golds, but here one was -- and only one of the first eggs to hatch. So many metallics so quickly.

No sooner had the gold made her full appearance, and she chose. Was this how it would go now? The girl imagined Impressions sparking off around her like flashing stars. Would one flash be hers? Calla had no basis for comparison. She stood calmly, but inside was full of intense focus, which she mostly succeeded in keeping off her face.

The girl from the Touching, the one who had cried after some trouble around the Hufflepuff egg, seemed upset again. The judgmental streak in Calla began to flare, but she swallowed hard against it. No, she refused to be the cause of any dragonet panicking or going between. She held herself to a better standard than that. Other people were calling out congratulations, or continuing conversations. It was a bit boring to stand in silence, but distraction was not something Calla felt she could afford. Maybe if she had been here longer, she would have more friends to lean against, but in the end, Calla knew she could always rely on herself atleast.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:22 pm
Talis
Rhianth's bronze made his choice, and then, finally, the distressed little baby who'd been hiding with Kronoseth made its move...her move. It was a little Queen, a detail she noted with the same muted interest she'd have had if it had turned out to be brown, or green. There was no inherent covetousness that flared up on noting the sheen and color of the hatchling's hide - no disdain either, of course! - it was just another dragon looking to find Theirs, who was almost certainly not her. There were only so many dragonets, even with two large clutches, and the candidates far outnumbered them. Some of them were bound to be left standing, and Talis was enough of a realist to know and preemptively accept that she could well be one of them. And to know that she just wasn't a gold sort of person.

"There's one less to worry about," she observed with a nod as the gold found just who was their sort of person. "All metallics and greens so far...what are the blues and browns waiting for, I wonder?"

Tsunake

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:30 pm
Arcadin (phone)

So...metallics and greens do far. Arc kept his arms crossed as he watched, removed from the emotional aspects. Calculating. The more interesting ones still sat in their eggs, the ones he had posed questions to and discussed and probed. It might be a bang of a start, but he was here for the long game. And there were still plenty of eggs to go...

He dug his feet into the hot sand and remained silent.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:31 pm
SOUI

Maybe Dehka's words had some comfort, but that didn't stop Soui from clinging to him still like she was using him as support. She'd only hold on until her anxiety was gone and then...maybe run away from him? Wasn't she getting him in trouble too for doing this on the sands? She needed to let go and walk away and stand by herself and just think happy thoughts to the dragonets who came out and found their loved ones. She had...time. There was no need to rush, no need to feel like she had to do things right the first time.

"Th..thank you." Softly she peeled herself away from the taller, older teen, and looked up at him with a puffy faced smile. "You're...really entirely too kind to someone like me, you know? Better be careful or..." She couldn't even make a joke, not like this. Not when...she needed to focus on the sands and the eggs. The list of people she needed to apologize to was growing longer and longer and the back of her mind still echoed with words. "Just...thank you."

With her arms no longer around Dehka, Soui wrapped them about herself and looked to the side, wondering just where she needed to go. Not here, not where she could cause more issues. Surely there was a spot she could be where she wasn't alone but also not depending on others to try and make herself feel better. A few steps had her start to move away.

Tsunake

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:33 pm
Nonami - Western Candidate

An actual squeak eminated from Nonami, surprised to gain Dynzrak’s attention. They considered trying to hide behind Amare’s side, but.. They were going to be brave. They’d wanted to, after all! Plus, he was someone who meant something to their sister. They should be kind! Swallowing a bit, they smiled back. “I- I’m Nonami -- Amare’s sibling.” Half sibling. That mattered to some people..

Oh, the gold was on the move..! But, had found impression in another, not their sister. They were happy the shy baby had found Hers, but hoped dear sister might find Hers, too...

”Tsunake”

/ / / /

Ielin - High Reaches Candidate

Two bronzes, two greens, and a gold? With all those eggs rocking and twitching, it wouldn’t be long before more spilled out onto the sands, much like how the A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes green had. He smiles, and hopes the sweet green has luck finding hers, while he shifted from foot to foot. The little queen had found hers, someone he didn’t quite know but looked vaguely familiar from their time at the beach. A western candidate, perhaps..?  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games