Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lands of Imagination (RP Guild)

Back to Guilds

A roleplay guild where everything is possible! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Romance, Action, Horror, Adventure 

Reply [26] Survival
Running On Borrowed Time (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anyone interested in this roleplay?
  I am! c:
  Not me. >:c
  Bugger off, muppet! D:<
  The faces got me, sign me up! xD
  I'm doing this so late but I can't sleep because of some foppish insomnia. x-x Halp.
  :{D Moustashio!
  I'm just here for the potato. (::)
View Results

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:19 pm
User ImageUser Image
☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ ☩ x ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫ ✫

ℭain ℑchimaru ↔ Nitori Graysen

"Hallo mein Lieblingskind; meine Lieblingsfraulein. Wake up, we have to go now." Nitori gave out a little groan as the familiar voice woke her up. She sat up and rubbed her sleepy eyes before opening them and giving a tired smile to Wilhelm. The little girl was glad he was here, she was afraid that it had all been a dream when she had been reunited with him and Loretta, but they were both there now and she felt safe with them. Her smile turned into a frown quickly though when she heard a horrible noise, almost like metal scraping against metal. "What's that?" She said looking behind Wilhelm at the doorway where the horid sound was coming from. A high pitched scream of terror came from her as she saw the eyeless monster grinding it's massive teeth together and posing to attack.

As Wilhelm turned to see the creature, a curse escaped his mouth before pandimonium was unleashed on the survivors. The mutated zombie hissed and lunged forward as panic ensued from the humans it was preying upon. Cain watched as the large blond man grabbed ahold of the male child and ran, luckily the infected mutant didn't follow them like most preditors would have out of instict. Wilhelm pulled his weapon out at the same time as Cain, using the gun he had been given earlier. The masked man with no name pushed the blonde female in to the supply room with Loretta and Nitori while The teen with red hair who had been fooled into thinking he was in charge of all of them, foolishly ran straight at the monster with nothing but a wooden baseball bat. It only took milliseconds for the creature to make quick and bloody work of him. Cain's eyes were wide with horror as he watched the scene unfold. How could this have happened? He was always so careful to make sure he was aware of his surroundings, and yet this nightmare had mannaged to follow them without Cain having any idea of it's presence until it was too late.

Cain heard ringing in his ears that drowned out eveything else and his vision was black around the edges, forming a tunnel that surrounded the bloody sight of Dylan lying on the floor. He felt like collapsing but couldn't move until his name was called, snapping him out of his shock. He flipped his head around just intime to see the gun that was being thrown at him by Wilhelm, his reflexes kicking in to catch it before it hit him. It took a few moments for Wilhelm's words to sink in but then he jumped into action, rounding up anyone left outside of the supply room and getting them inside as quick as he could. He shut the doors behind them. Nitori was still screaming in the corner, clutching to Loretta as she yelled for Wilhelm who was still outside with the monster. Cain went over to her and took her face in his hands, making her look at him.
"Nitori, stop, listen! I know you are worried and afraid, but I promise you, Wilhelm can take care of himself, and I'm going to go out there and help him. He and I, and everyone else here, we won't let anything happen to each other." He didn't have the heart to tell her about Dylan, who was lying on the floor outside, just out of her sight from before, bleeding to death as he spoke. He probably woulnt' make it, but Nitori didn't need to know that right now. Hopefully they could move the body before she ever saw it and she would never know, since she didn't get to meet him beforehand anyways. It was sad, but Cain didn't want to ruin her innocence and scar her like that. "You will be alright... I promise." Cain and Nitori just stared at each other for a moment, silently, before the child gave a small nod to him.

Cain stood up and looked at the others now.
"I'm going out to help them. You all need to close and lock the doors behind me. Barricade the door with anything you can find, use the shelves, boxes, anything and everything. Do not open the door until we tell you it's safe. Do you hear?" Cain said, glancing at all of them to make sure they understood.
With that, Cain Opened the door again, shutting it tight behind him. He kept one of his guns hanging at his hip from the strap on his shoulder and lifted the other one that had been given to him by Wilhelm moments ago up and ready to fire. He didn't even glance at Varyn and Dylan, not willing to chance going in to shock again, before running after Wilhelm and the Gnasher in persuit of Zach and Liam, unaware of the fact that the second he left the room, Nitori had started crying again. She didn't believe him.

OOC: Pardon any grammar or spelling errors that might be there, I was to excited and in a hurry to care much, lol. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:49 am
Stanislav Dvornyev
Former Medical Surgeon

Tools of the trade
Swiss army knife / cheese-wire (50m) / pliers / a 20cm butcher's knife / an old Kalashnikov / water bottle / a first aid kit with 50 disinfectant pills
two rolls of bandages / All these in the runner's backpack he used for his hobby of cross-country running

User Image

Stanislav wiped his forehead as he crouch in darkness. Well, not complete darkness. He had an emergency lamp flickering it neon light here and there for what it was worth.

His heaving back was up tight against the cold metal of the file case in what had once been his department's head's office. Now all the familiar and friendly things, all the items he had previously associated with his superior and friend were now strewn this way and that, loosing all semblance of the world he had once known.

Pulse thumping dully in his ears as he clenched the Kalashnikov he had managed to procure from the vaults behind his bosses desk. He had remembered the old man, who had been a close friend of his father's, proudly showing him the still-operational rifle he had and still used to take out to the firing range on the weekends. Stanislav had raised his eyebrows at this hobby, but now was all the more thankful for the old man having such a strange fetish for arms.

He was also pleased that he had sucked up enough to the old man to have been taken a few times to the firing range and taught basic need-to-know things about the thing and how to use it. Stanislav hope it would be enough to let him live long enough to learn the rest on the fly.

Story of my life, he thought to himself with a slight, wan smile playing over his pale, strain features.

He had gathered together a 'survival pack' of sorts from what he could manage to scavenger from the hospital which could, he thought, be useful, but with this done now, he was not at all sure what to do next.

Stanislav had not run into any other healthy survivors since he had come to and this was not something he was particularly happy about. All he had come across where those strange creatures that had shocked even his placid and sanguine character into a shout before he had fired more ammo than he probably should have.

He shook his head at his own folly.

"I'm going to have to keep my head or I'll run out of ammo before I know what's what and where I can stock up." He berated himself, hearing his late father's voice in his head, also berating him, as he did.

Letting out a gush of air that was something between a sigh and a nervous hiccup, Stanislav pulled his shattered senses together and took a deep breath, bringing up the state of mind he usually did before he went into a surgery. This was what he and his colleges had called the 'Green Zone'; a state of mind that helped them focus on the job at hand and not allow reflexive responses to cloud their thoughts.

He had to be cool precise and keep his thoughts clear of personal feelings and be able to assess what was going on or he was going to be fodder for these monsters before he could sing Little Bo Peep backwards.

Checking that everything he had was in order, Stanislav stood up and left the room, rifle at the ready and grey eyes keen.

Moving stealthily down the corridors he once knew and knew like the back of his hands, Stanislav went through the facility, looking for anyone who was like him, but finding nothing, not even the monsters. Mind you, the latter made him feel better.

Then he froze, hackles risen as he heard the horrible sounds of a desperate fight coming from along the East Wing, where the Oncology Department had been.

Eyes now narrowed and keep a hood on his fear, Stanislav heard voices echoing back to him....human voices. Desperate voices. As horrible as the other sounds were, these voices have surge to a necessity to find the source and he took off running in the direction they had come from.

Coming across a limp form of a mauled man on the ground, Stanilsav slid to a stop.

There was blood everywhere, but that was not going to move him much. It was going to take more than blood to pull him out of his Green Zone. As a doctor, he had seen enough to steel him against most things even this topsy turvy world could throw at him.

That said, Stanislav immediately trained his old piece of army machinery upon the strange entity crouched over the fallen man; a, well, bush, from the look of it. An animated one.

If things would have been running along the normal lines of how a day would look for Stanislav, he would have been doubting his own sanity to find this anthropomorphic bush hunkered over one of his patients.

"I would suggest you step away from the body nice and slowly, there, friend." Stanislav stated in no uncertain tone with all the air of the future hospital head in his voice. "That is if English is something you can comprehend. If not, then I'll have to waste some more ammo, I'm afraid. I've just about had it with all this s**t about in my hospital. I can't even seem to find Mrs. Lajka, the cleaning lady, which is making me rather irritable, as you can imagine..."

"Only reach as far as your blanket allows
and remember, the Boogey Man lives beyond that..."

☢Peeka-boo:☢ In the Hospital
☠Group:☠ Everyone
☠Abstractions☠ Seriously? After all those exams at uni?
☠OOC:☠ Hi all! Mind if I drop in? XD

Yoshielite

Lady Robotic Pink

Fashionable Kitten

4,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:19 am
Known Survivor Population: 11
Season: Late Summer
Time of Day: Evening
Weather: Slight Wind Building
Zombie Concentration: High
Known Mutated Zombie Population: 1
Danger Level: High

User Image

NPC Event

Varyn stared at Dylan after he passed, kicking himself for not being able to save the kid. He really hated that he hadn't been more forceful and taken control of the group. This probably wouldn't have happened if the kid didn't have some misplaced notion as a young leader, like he had to take care of everything himself. He closed the eyelids on the boy and continued to starer at him, unsure of what words he could offer as a eulogy. He was sure that he would figure something out eventually, as he would need to say something. The boy's last words rang in his ears, "Tag mystery man, you're it." A small grin cracked the cold demeanor on his face, safe behind his mask. So it's tag now, hm? He let his mind probe the statement. I guess the kid left me as the leader after all... too bad he doesn't know how true his statement was. A bad joke that had too much truth to it.

Absorbed in his thoughts, he was not paying attention to the movement or sound coming from down the hallway until he heard cautious footsteps approach. Where the hell should I put his body? he wondered before returning to reality as a voice threatened him. His eyes scanned the man in front of him, taking in his stature and the fact that he had one old Russian rifle in his hands. It seemed as though he was caught in a predicament where the situation was misunderstood. Varyn quietly got up and turned to face the man, exposing the small gap in the suit that held a gas mask. It was a rather odd get-up, but it made him more human-looking when the mask was visible. He took another look at Dylan's body before returning his gaze to the new survivor in front of him. It was a delicate situation: he wasn't sure how mentally stable the man was, but he inferred that the man had worked in the Hospital prior to this incident. He was surprised that he had never seen the man before now if that was the case. He stood wordlessly in front of the man holding no weapons, and the only visible weapon he had was the large heavy caliber sniper rifle slung over his back.

Varyn stepped to the side of the body towards the wall, not wanting to leave the kid there and not wanting to get shot. He contemplated his options in the scenario. If he stayed passive, something he was not good at, he may be shot or used as some lackey. If he attacked the man or reached for a weapon, he would most likely be shot. He wasn't sure how accurate the man was with a rifle, but judging by the fact that it looked like an antique and he looked young, he would have to say that he was probably not that experienced. However, that was not something he was looking to chance and find out first-hand while on the wrong side of a gun barrel. He simply stood still and waited. If the man decided to get any closer to him or threaten him, especially within close-quarters-combat distance, he would disarm the man and cast his weapon aside. He wasn't looking to kill anyone or hurt anyone. He just wanted to get everyone out alright, and it seemed like it was getting more and more difficult with every passing second.

[[OOC: Welcome to the roleplay, hope you don't mind a hostile welcome! ^^]]

Lady Robotic Pink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:12 am
      User Image

E S M A I x & x L I A M x

he who lights his own fire burns longestdumb luck

████████████ ( )████████████

__________________________________________________________

health: bandaged cut on arm / fine, hungry .. company: Cain, Xenia, Zach, Varyn, Dylan, Emma, Jacqueline, Wilhelm .. location: hospital

It was the fast and assertive action of both Varyn and Wilhelm that may have just saved the lives of a number of less responsive members of the group. Esmai couldn't entirely tell how the companions with her were fairing when confronted by the monstrosity of a Gnasher. What had her reeling the most was not it's teeth nor it's hiss. What she saw in it's maw was what she thought was fresh blood and fragments of flesh. It was killing people. May have killed her too if Varyn hadn't hauled her into a side room along with a number of other people. She planted her feet in the room once she stopped being moved. The situation was desperate and that creature was dangerous, clearly. Varyn wasn't turning that into a trial session or telling her to do something. There was nothing she was supposed to learn from that thing. There was nothing she could do. Standing stock still in the supposedly safer room, she stewed. Self pity and vitriol were easy to overcome someone in such pathetic situations.

In the end, she remained in the room and ignored the women with her to stay inside her mind. Dressed in guns or not, she couldn't fight that thing. She heard the gruesome spilling of blood and flesh outside of the door. There was struggle and fighting but a heavy weight hit the floor. A man was down- no doubt outed by the mutant that terrorized them. But who? She only knew one person out there a little better than the rest. There was no way he'd find his end by a toothy zombie... right? She didn't dare leave the room, hands still shaking, but she did creep close to the door and pressed her ear to it so she could listen to the hallway.

Liam would be less fortunate. Nobody pushed him into a safe room and he wasn't fit to shoot a gun. He wasn't carrying it, anyways. Instead, he was carrying Zach and sprinting as fast as his feet could possibly take him. That wasn't fast enough. He turned down halls and charged all he could but the grinding teeth were too soon to start again. He panicked immediately, but instead of stop or think about his options, he acted. He knew only a few things. He knew that he was being pursued by the tooth monster. He knew he had to keep Zach safe. He knew his ax hadn't fail him yet. The man took down a Brawler with it in a fit of adrenalin- could he do it again? He'd have to try. He skid to a halt and set Zach on the ground while there was still time before the tooth monster caught them. With a big hand on the boy's back, he shooed him forward forcefully. "Run!" Was all he had time to get out.

The monster was upon him. Between fight or flight... He pulled the ax. Rather then let the monster have what it wanted and pounce him while he stood ready, he charged the mutant with fury. Liam missed his target when he swung for it's facial region, much to his fortune. The blade wedged itself into the mutants arm instead. It must not have expected that nor that the ax was driven with enough power to slice though and leave it with one less limb. Irony.

He didn't have much time left and he dearly hoped that Zach was making headway while he held off the Gnasher. Ax in hand, he swung again. Like he intended, he did his his mark! The gaping maw it was!

Esmai listened to the monster run away, or so she thought. She couldn't tell the direction but it grew distant. After it, two sets of feet chased with haste. Esmai wasn't sure who was who but thought that meant was still by the door- if anyone. With the silence that came over, she had to assume it was cleared. But safe? She had to know who was hurt out there. Tentatively, she set her hand on the door handle and twisted as slowly as she could physically make herself. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears and anxiety built fast but she never opened the door. Before the handle was even half turned, there was a new voice introduced. Immediately, she froze. Male voice. Was he talking to.... them? In the room? She didn't recognize the voice. It wasn't the either of the teenage boys, Varyn, Wilhelm, or Liam. Stranger. He sounded angry and dangerous. Esmai tried to slowly tilt the doorhandle back to it's original place after silence set in again, but her hand slipped and the doorhandle released. It was hardly a sound but it felt deafening in the tense quiet.

oooooooc: have fun with liam!! emotion_bigheart

Qunarri

Victorious Ally

Yoshielite
    Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:25 am
    Survivors Affected: Liam, Zachary, Cain, Wilhelm
    Event: Mutated Infected
    Zombie Concentration: Low
    Known Mutated Zombie Population: 1
    Danger Level: Very High

User Image

RANDOM ENCOUNTER

The Gnasher could hear others approaching and its mouth seemed to spread further across its face in excited anticipation. It was still feeling unsatisfied after ripping apart the person earlier in the hallway. Its muscles twitched in joy as it remembered the feeling of his flesh coming off in its teeth and feeling the spray of blood. It felt so alive, and it was reveling in every second of the foreign craving that it so desperately craved. It crept closer as it heard the man ahead of him yell something and small footsteps scurry off. That was alright, it didn't mind that the Hoarder got away- those things just brought more zombies and made things less fun. As it approached the man, he heard his strong heartbeat accelerate and then the footsteps rushed closer. It opened its maw, letting some of Dylan's skin and blood drip from its mouth to the deck. It crouched a bit and dodged the vicious blow from the big human's hatchet only to find that the object buried itself into its arm. The mutant let out an angry hiss and lashed out, missing the man and feeling its arm break off with the removal of his deadly tool.

The Gnasher took noticed of the sounds happening around it and the feeling of the air currents. The sharp implement was heading straight for its face. It was faster than the brutish human, snapping out with its jaws and shattering the blade of the hatchet between its teeth. Now the zombie looked at the mans arm and grabbed Liam's hand and hatchet handle with its one free claw hand. It bit down on his arm with a vengeance, taking the limb off at the elbow. Its teeth cleanly sliced through the bone and flesh, giving it a satisfying spray of blood. It threw down his arm by the limb it had lost and seemed to grin at the survivor maliciously. It wanted to torture him; make him feel the most amount of pain and suffering possible. Its ears twitched as the pounding steps from the boots and another survivor got closer, distracting it for a moment.

Zach had ran away like Liam had asked, trying to pump his little legs as fast as he could. However, a weird feeling came over him and he turned around to hear the sounds of the Gnasher and he... he could feel its anger and bloodlust, almost like an instinct. He ran back, confused and scared. He knew that Liam was going to die. The monster was roaring for blood and he closed his eyes as best as he could, running straight into the situation. "Liam you can't die!" the little boy screamed as he plowed into the Gnasher and knocked it a bit off-balance. The creature hissed and turned to its new assailant, shoving its free claw through Zach's stomach. Some cold stale blood sprayed out of the wound, but it didn't bleed very much. In fact, Zach seemed just fine, pounding his little fists on the zombie as if he wasn't even hurt. The Gnasher hissed and tried to get the boy off but found that it couldn't. Now it was stuck with a weight on its only usable arm and two approaching survivors, completely forgetting about the mildly incapacitated survivor behind it.

[[OOC: Things are getting pretty ugly here- the crew is gonna need to move out soon! o:]]
    Xelyn_X13

Qunarri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:48 pm
    Stanislav Dvornyev
    Former Medical Surgeon

Tools of the trade
    Swiss army knife / cheese-wire (50m) / pliers / a 20cm butcher's knife / an old Kalashnikov / water bottle / a first aid kit with 50 disinfectant pills
    two rolls of bandages / All these in the runner's backpack he used for his hobby of cross-country running

User Image

Stanislav kept on eye right on the bush-thing while tensely keeping as much of the rest of the world in his field of vision as possible. The idea of something jumping out at him from behind was not one that he cared to entertain all that much.

A flicker of a thought through his highly-strung brain was enough, thank you very much, indeed.

The fact that the bush-wossname responded to his directions and rationally so sent a shot of relief through his adrenaline-soaked system; it was nice that it was not rushing at his throat. He let the nose of his Kalashnikov drop a bit, showing that he was not going to shoot unless provoked and wondered what the blazes it was.

Maybe just some weirded out guy in a fancy get-up? He wondered, But then, why doesn't he bloody speak up?

"What are you? Who are you and what's going on here?" He demanded, not liking the time this was taking. They were basically out in the open and that was not a place he felt all to comfortable in with crazy-a** things walking about.

Stanislav jumped as there was a screech not too far away. It really was just like an ER situation, like when he had been training. They had been put through the wringer with 72 hour shifts and the like. Goodness knows Stanislav hated his superiors for it, but now it seemed it was experience working towards his advantage.

Humans were about.
    That meant allies, which, in turn meant a greater survival rate.
    There was absolutely no point of surviving if he was the only human left standing.
    None at all.

And Stanislav was not much in the mood for being suicidal.

"Doesn't anybody read the quiet signs in the damned hallways?!" He griped through clenched teeth. "I hope you all realize that I've bloody well had it for today!"

With that he ran off towards the sounds and came face to face with a scene he had thought he would never see outside of his videos games.

On the floor was a face-less monster with a wide, gaping maw and it was thrashing about with a kid on this thing.

And there was blood everywhere here as well. Mrs. Kajka was going to be so freaking ticked.

"Keep still kid!" He snapped and shot three rounds into the beast, and clear into the head area of the thing as he could manage.

Stanislav would have never thought that the cool head and steel nerves that surgery had imprinted upon him would become useful for taking lives instead of saving them. Then again, he knew full well what a b'tch Life could be.

He waited, wondering if he had managed to kill the mishappen, violent thing. He was not going to go anywhere near the thing, kid or no kid, if it was not subdued. If he got gutted, he would not be able to help the kid anyway, after all.

☠Group:☠ Everyone
    ☠Abstractions☠ Mrs Lajka is going to be LIVID about the floor...
    ☠OOC:☠ Oh, please, this is hostile? /you weren't at our family's Xmas dinner..... razz ...Oh, and what level of cussing is allowed? I hope like blazes that the Gnasher was in hearing range as I'm not quite feeling this yet...XD/.....If not, kick me and I'll edit......XD

Yoshielite

Qunarri

Lady Robotic Pink

Fashionable Kitten

4,075 Points
    • Happy Birthday! 100
    • Millionaire 200
    • Dressed Up 200

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:19 pm
    User ImageUser Image

ℭain ℑchimaru ↔ Nitori Graysen

Nitori watched as Cain left and another girl moved towards the door. She just stood there for a moment, with her ear pressed against it to hear what was going on outside. Nitori didn't understand why. All she wanted to do right now what plug her ears, close her eyes and pretend that she was somewhere far away. But she had to be strong for Loretta and the others, so she didn't.
    The girl close to the door had pretty blonde hair like Nitori's, but she was grown up and much prettier, or at least that's what Nitori thought. She hoped she would grow up to be as pretty as this woman. Nitori stood up and walked over to the girl, stopping just a few feet next to her. She didn't say anything, just watched. The sounds outside were scary. Suddenly the grown up lady reached for the doorknob as if she were going to open the door. Nitori yelped in alarm.
    "No! Don't do that! Cain said to block the door with stuff so the monster can't get in, we should listen to him! So don't open it!" The little girl spoke with desperation in her voice as the words spilled out of her mouth. She was terrified of what might be going on out there and couldn't bare the thought of facing it... not again. Not after what happened at her school.

Meanwhile Cain was running through the halls, following the wretched sound of knives grinding together and panicked footsteps. Eventually he caught up to Wilhelm and they ran together towards the beast without exchanging any words. The two of them arrived just in time to see the gnasher rip Liam's arm clean off. It looked like Liam had already done the same to it though, as the mutated zombie had only one arm now as well. Cain started to aim his M4 at the gnasher and had his finger hovering over the trigger right as Zach ran right into the line of fire, tackling the beast. Cain's gut wretched as he saw the child get impaled by the monster's claws. He wanted to throw up, but couldn't, he had to keep his head. He again took aim when a second distraction tore him from his target. Someone stepped in right behind Cain and shouted at Zach to hold still. As Cain turned his head to quickly grab a glance at the person, he first mistook them for the redheaded teen who had been torn apart earlier, because of their fiery hair. But after a double take, Cain realized this was an older individual, someone he had never seen before.

The stranger took a shot at the gnasher, aiming for it's head. Even though it looked like the bullet landed, it was hard to tell with so many teeth taking up that area. It was evident the thing wasn't dead yet though, as it let out a horrible shriek of pain and anger. Before, it had been trying to shake Zach off of it's claws, frustrated that he was stuck there. Now it was too enraged to even care and started running toward the person who had shot at it... and unfortunately, Cain was standing right next to that person.

Sick of being interrupted every time he tried to take a shot at the thing, Cain waited until the gnasher was right in front of them and used it's own force against it as he shoved his rifle straight into it's gaping maw with quite a bit of force. The creature started to bite down on it but before it could get it's teeth completely through the barrel of the gun, Cain pulled the trigger. His gun was aimed through the roof of it's mouth and the bullet went straight into it's head and out the other side with a spray of blackened blood. He kicked the infected off of his gun and it landed on the ground with a sickening thud. Cain stared at it for a few moments, before a sort of creepy smile crept on his face. It was finally dead. Cain looked up from it, still grinning, until he saw Liam. His face soon dropped and, if possible, he turned even paler than he already was. Not only was Liam losing massive amounts of blood from losing his lower arm, but he also had a bullet wound in his opposite shoulder. One just about the size one of his would make.

When Cain had shot the gnasher, the bullet went straight through it and out the other side, therefore, continuing on it's path and happening to end up straight in Liam. Cain realized this and immediately dropped his gun. He stared at Liam in disbelief for what seemed like an eternity to him, but was probably only a few seconds, before turning his gaze over to Zach, who would surely be dead by now after being impaled by the monster's claws. Cain dropped to the floor in shock over his own guilt. He should have come in time to save Zach. He should have known to aim away from Liam so he wouldn't hit him too. He - wait a minute.... Zach wasn't dead.
    He was still attached to the now defeated creature's claws, but struggling to pull them out of his gut. The kid was fully functioning, didn't appear to be in any pain at all, but still had a giant gaping wound in his stomach... Cain's head was overloading. He couldn't comprehend what was going on, deal with the stress of the situation, and take the guilt of accidentally shooting Liam.

Suddenly a wave of nausea washed over Cain, the colors in the room got more vibrant, every tiny sound was deafening, the feel of his clothes touching his skin was painful, all of his senses were overloading and he couldn't think straight. The sensation was overwhelming and Cain's body tensed up and started to convulse as he hit the floor and started to have a grand maul seizure.

OOC: Here, have some more stress and bad timing! Hope you don't mind the slight bit of godmodding I did for the creature and anyone else I might have manipulated a bit. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:54 am
    Wilhelm Steinherz

"Verrücktes Wunderkind"

User Image
    ☢Just Another Day Here:☢ The Hospital
    ☠Other Survivors I’m With:☠ Cain, Zach, Liam, and Who The Hell Is That?
    ☠And I'm:☠ Taking Over This Situation.
    ☠What’s On My Mind:☠ We need to get out of here.
    ☠OOC:☠ ((Well damn... I did not see that coming!))

Wilhelm was surprised when he heard more footsteps behind him, and turned for a moment to spot Cain heading his way. He had half a mind to chastise the kid for chasing him down and leaving the others, but he had to focus on killing the abomination first. Wilhelm wheeled around the corner and took aim at the Gnasher as Liam cleaved one of its arms off. He frowned, knowing that hand-to-hand combat was definitely not the way to approach this thing. Unfortunately, he noted that the thing's teeth sliced through the blade of Liam's hatchet, shattering it. His eyes widened, realizing the implications of that simple fact. If its teeth were stronger than reinforced steel, then bullets could be deflected in that manner and the others would not be as safe as he thought behind the metal storage door. His eyes narrowed as he saw blood gush from a new wound, glancing to note that Cain had arrived in time to see Laim's arm removed. His shotgun was still trained on the monster, but he could not shoot since Liam would undoubtedly be hit by the shrapnel from the scatter shot.

As if to make things worse, the little zombie came running in and tried to stop the Gnasher as it turned to face Wilhelm and Cain. Just as he was about to open his mouth to tell Cain something, he saw it impale the child on its remaining claw and watched as Zach seemed to move and squirm as if nothing was wrong. That confirmed his suspicions; the boy was a Zombie Hoarder. Sheisse. The curse ran across his mind quickly as he tried to think of a good next move. Cain raised his weapon to aim at the Gnasher, ripping Wilhelm from his thoughts. "Don't-!" he started to yell before another person showed up and startled both of the survivors. He looked at the man, and would have turned to face him fully if he hadn't started shooting his rifle at the mutated Untoten. The first bullet missed, catching the Gnasher's attention. The second bullet deflected off of its teeth, heading off to the side. Wilhelm had to duck to avoid the ricochet of his bullet, letting out a loud curse at the man. "Vedantaven Asher!" He didn't have time to get back up before the third bullet entered the monster's face, blowing off part of its head. It hissed in anger, charging at both Cain and Stanislav. Wilhelm was mortified and reached for his Seiga-12, hoping to be able to bring it to bear in time. He was too slow. The creature's maw opened up towards Cain and the boy fired. The bullet passed between the gap in its jaws and blew a plume of blood and gore out behind it. Wilhelm's gaze stopped on Liam because he had seen another plume of blood- this time fresh. Wilhelm knew that the bullet would have the decayed matter on it, making it a prime candidate to cause severe infection.

Wilhelm watched the undead corpse fall, taking off the front of Cain's gun with its teeth as it fell to the floor, dead. Wilhelm got up and rushed over to Liam, observing his wound. "Sheisse, sheisse, sheisse!" His eyes looked much different; much colder. He was back on the front lines, away from the Hospital and zombies. They were on a raiding mission that went south. He started speaking to Liam in German, calling him something other than his name while pointing to things. "Emil, kannst du mich horen?" ("Emil, Can you hear me?")he asked, looking over at his missing arm and pulling his pack off of his back. "Wir muss das Stauschlauch am Arm abgebunden!" ("We need to use a tourniquet on your arm!") He searched his pack quickly for the field medical kit and removed it, splaying the contents open with a violent flick of his arm. "Platz Emil, platz!" (Lay down Emil, lay down!) he shouted at Liam, easing him back so that he was laying down. "Kommt Hier! Seine Schusswunde unter Druck setzen! Jetzt! Jetzt! Schnell!"(You, Come here! Apply pressure to his bullet wound! Now! Now! Hurry up!) he yelled, pointing and looking at Cain before he collapsed into a seizure. Wilhelm was not seeing reality, so he just saw two of his squad members standing there. He turned back to Liam and put gauze over the wound, fixing the instrument to his arm and beginning to tighten it. During the process, he reached down and placed a wooden stake in Liam's mouth. "Beisst es an. Es wird geschmerzen." ("Bite down on this. This is going to hurt.") With that said, the German tightened the tourniquet carefully but quickly, causing immense pain but closing up the wound to stop the bleeding. Once finished, he wiped the sweat from his brow, smearing some of Liam's blood accidentally on his forehead.

During the commotion, Zachary stared at Liam in confusion, but the scary man was helping him and he didn't want to get int the way. He heard a thump and turned around, seeing the nice boy that was new shaking on the ground. He was so confused and scared, running over to Cain and trying to stop him from shaking. "Somebody help! He's just shaking and stuff!" The little boy didn't know what to do, so he just hugged onto Cain's body, trying to stop it from shaking. "Stop it! Why are you doing that!" he yelled at Cain's convulsing body, completely oblivious to the fact that Cain couldn't hear him.

Then Wilhelm got to work on the boy's bullet wound, noting that it embedded itself in his shoulder. "Sheisse..." he muttered, taking out his pocket knife and dumping some alcohol on it to sterilize it. This wound wasn't bleeding as badly, but it would need to be disinfected after the bullet was removed. He placed his hand down on Liam's chest and leg on his arm, putting his weight on the man so that Liam could not struggle and make things worse on himself. Wilhelm dug the blade in carefully, pulling the bullet from the wound. It had to have hurt, but Wilhelm was focused solely on the task at hand. He tossed the bullet to the side and took out a water bottle, pouring some of it onto the wound to clean it out. Then he grabbed some of the alcohol and poured it on, trying to move quickly in case Liam started really moving from the pain. The boy was physically much stronger than he was, that much was clear. Wilhelm placed gauze on the wound and applied pressure as he taped it and then wrapped it. Once he was done, he climbed off of Liam and sighed, chuckling at the job he had done. It was nothing like what a medic could do, but it got the job done for the moment. He would definitely need medical attention from the Medic Corps. Just as he was about to call for a chopper evac, he saw the sky fade to artificial lighting and his eyes widened.

He was in the Hospital, Liam was all wrapped up and missing half of his arm, he turned around to see the zombie child hugging a convulsing Cain, and then there was the other guy, doing whatever it was he was doing.
    "Sheisse."

[OOC: Oh I do love you guys! These things always get so much better than I anticipate when you post! ^^ Also, I don't mind how much you cuss, as long as it's within good context. I just don't want a person's dialogue to be completely litterred with swears. I know Wilhelm has put in his fair share this post, but it was in context. xD]

Lady Robotic Pink

Xelyn_X13

Qunarri

Yoshielite
    Vice Captain

Lady Robotic Pink

Fashionable Kitten

4,075 Points
    • Happy Birthday! 100
    • Millionaire 200
    • Dressed Up 200
    PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:59 am
    Stanislav Dvornyev
    Former Medical Surgeon

Tools of the trade

User Image

Stanislav stayed tensely still as his bullets hit the writhing thing in the head. He may have been an expert on human anatomy, but he did not have the slightest clue what to do or think about the physical qualities of this entity. It was humanoid and bled and felt pain, apparently, but that was all he could figure out.

Oh and it could be killed. That was for certain.
    Anything that bled and felt pain could be killed, of this he was certain.

Then it jumped up and before Stanislav could do anything, the horrible being leaped towards in a dash of fury at a dark-haired man who was sporting a gun.

A struggled ensued and a shot went off so quickly Stanislav had a difficult time of following it. He had is rifle trained on them, but the fight was so close, he could not risk a shot, in case he hit the other human.

Then the frenzy stopped.

An arm was on the floor.

Then strange things happened and Stanislav only realized what was happening when he found himself taking on the role of medical practitioner, which came far more naturally than the one of lone fighter.

The man was on the floor, who had been attacked and Stanislav was almost immediately besides him, on his knees and running through the standard order of what to do with a patient suffering some a seizure.

He made sure the man was on his side, to avoid having him swallow his own tongue by accident or choking on any fluids that may be evacuated, he then swiftly loosened his clothing and check his eyes while holding his head still, least he bang himself into oblivion.

"Don't hold his legs and arms down!" He snapped at the child, but Stanislav was not paying them any real attention, fixed upon his patient. "We'll dislocate a limb if we do."

Momentarily, he glanced up and saw that the other man had been wrapped up post-haste by the bush man.

"Get over here and make sure this one isn't going to drown in his own body fluids. I don't suppose any of you know what's going on, do you?" He said, not noticing he was taking on command as he did in the ER, feeling much more in his own native environment. He knew how to deal with medical emergencies. "I'll have a look at those injuries." He added, moving over to the amputated man who was look understandably pale.

He checked the pulse and the pupils of the man, he was in heavy trauma, but Stanislav was more worried about the shock, especially the septic shock that might as well set in if he thought about the situation. He would get heavy infections, cleaned wound or no. Hypovolemic shock was a danger too, as he had lost a good deal of blood as well.

The symptoms looked mild for now, but Stanislav knew full well that this was a false friend. Once the adrenalin of the fight wore off and fatigue set in, ever mind when his consciousness caught up with the happenings, things were probably going to go downhill fast for this person.

Stanislav knew he was going to have to get this one on oxygen and some blood transfusion, at least, to keep him alive and that just for starters.

Taking a look at the cut, Stanislav saw that is was very clean, not as ragged and torn as he thought it would be.

"Get the arm." He said over his shoulder. "Someone get the arm, keep it as clean as possible and as cool as possible and someone help me clear the way. I might be able to put his arm back on, if you hold off little critters like that."

Moving his Kalashnikov around to his back, out of his way, Stanislav did his best to gently pull the mutilated man onto his shoulder and made his way to ER no. 4 which he knew was just down this corridor.

It was, thankfully, empty and more or less in tact so Stanislav laid his newest patient onto the bed and set to work.

☠Abstractions☠ A doctor's work in never done, especially after an apocalypse, it seems...
    ☠OOC:☠ Over the karaoke night...quick post then New Year's coming up! I'll try to keep continuous posting up, guys! <3
    All fine there Xelyn, don't worry on my account. smile

Yoshielite

Qunarri

Xelyn_X13

Symptoms and effects of shock  
    PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:11 am
    Known Survivor Population: 11
    Zombie Concentration: High, on its way
    Known Mutated Zombie Population: 0

User Image

NPC Event

Varyn watched as the new man seemed to completely forget about his existence with the new shouts and noises coming from down the hallways a bit. It sounded pretty ugly down there, and he was unsure if they needed help. On the same token, he needed to make sure that he kept the people inside the safe room well... safe. He shook his head at the thought and watched the strange new man disappear around the corner. He didn't seem harmful and Varyn knew that Wilhelm was back there, so he figured that things would turn out alright. He looked back at the safe room for a moment; he could have sworn that he had heard the door handle and some voices, but now he heard nothing. He looked back down at Dylan's rapidly paling skin and shook his head again. I've been doing too much of this 'burying the dead' crap lately... he thought before dragging the body down the hall and into a room with two hospital beds. He slowly lifted the boy up and onto one of the beds, pulling the sheets completely over him. At least with that done, he felt as though he had done a partially decent job with giving him what little of a funeral procession that they could afford with the time they had. "Sorry I couldn't save you, kid." he said to the corpse, "I'd bury you, but we'd all die with the time that would take. I hope you can forgive me." I sure as hell know I won't. His thought lingered in his head as he pulled out the manila envelope again and searched for Dylan's picture. He crossed red lines through it and wrote "KIA" underneath it in the small margin. He would have to remember to get a picture of the doctor for the envelope.

Zach was frightened enough already. The big Liam was hurt really bad, the tall scary guy was talking weird, the nice boy was shaking on the ground all weird, and now some other guy was there and yelling at him. The boy let go of Cain and started crying, unsure of what to do and why he was yelled at for trying to help. "What's that mean?" he asked the surgeon between sobs, not understanding the word 'dislocate'. After all, Zachary was just a little boy of about four or five. The little boy's eyes wandered back to Liam, and he rushed over to the big blonde man in a hurry. "Liam! Are you okay?" The big guy was the only one who had really been nice to him besides the other man who was now convulsing on the floor. Since the little boy zombie hadn't felt anything during the time of his impalement, he was completely unaware of the gaping hole in his stomach that showed off his partially rotted innards. It was a sizable hole, probably about the diameter of a breakfast (dessert) plate. He was nervous to be around the weird-speaking guy, but he wanted to make sure that his friend was okay. Then Stanislav came over and began telling Wilhelm to go check on the dark haired boy and someone to get the bog boy's arm. Zach immediately turned around and hefted up the other half of Liam's arm, huffing at the weight as he tried to bring in with them. If he could help, then he would. His tiny footsteps shuffled after the surgeon carrying his protector.

Varyn looked down at the fresh blood on his hands, sighing in distaste. It really did tend to be all of the young ones that dies out the quickest. He went over and tested the sink, surprised when clean water, or water at all came out. He blinked in surprise and quickly cleaned off his gloves, washing the blood down the sink. Shaking them dry, he took one last look at Dylan's covered corpse before moving back towards the safe room. He couldn't hide the pool of blood or splatters on the wall or himself. The unfortunate scene mixed with the fact that Dylan was no longer going to be next to him would be all the conclusion they would need to know what happened to the kid. He sighed quietly and then made it back to the door, placing his hand on the handle and turning it. When he opened the door he found Esmai and the little girl standing right next to the door and frowned behind his mask. He wanted to chastise them both for being so close, but his eyes focused on Nitori. He knew that face. It was a face he had not thought he would see ever again. He had hoped that it was her, even from the moment he saw the dark-haired boy walk with her into the city. That was the reason he had given them the pack of food and water. He wanted her to have a walkie-talkie. He wondered if he would ever be able to speak to her. For now, he kept silent. She didn't want him recognizing him. It wasn't time for a reunion. So instead, he silently faced the duo at the door before stepping back and closing it again. He had confirmed that they were all safe. Now he removed his submachine gun from the confines of his suit and watched the hallways for movements, hoping the others would return soon.

[[OOC: Sounds good! I'll be constantly pumping posts out like I always do. xD]]

Lady Robotic Pink

Xelyn_X13

Qunarri

Yoshielite
    Vice Captain

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
    • Autobiographer 200
    • Hygienic 200
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:41 pm
    User Image
    xxxxxxxηina

ɢvernaxxxxxxx

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Nina held tight to her Katana by her side, by maneuvering within the confines of the hospital she had found a belt and a string that was used in order to have her sword hand by her hip. It required time and effort to complete such a task and zombies were always nearby and moving...well until she goes off to cut their head. Its amazing how easily human heads just came off a body. If it were a living body that wasn't trying to attack her or turn her into one of the many roamers within the city she may have had some more pity on the creature. In her eyes they were just creatures acting on instinct like animals but they were a lot more stupider than animals.Animals could sense when there was too big of an opponent to face but these zombies, at least the ones in the confines within the hospital, were frail and hopeless.

At the start of the apocolypse she had been a bit hesitant when cutting down a zombie creature but after cutting a few heads off it seemed normal like breathing air. She wasn't sure if that meant her humanity was gone she still felt like a human but a human trying to survive the life she was now thrown in to. Being on the roof of the hospital was somewhat relaxing even when zombies were somewhere within the city. That didn't matter because as long as she could wield her sword and have the strength to slice off a zombie's head then she could continue living in this world.

Noise and commotion within the hospital building alerted her to some disturbance from beneath her. Knowing that the elevator was out of order her choice, no her only choice was to go down slowly because making this much noise was odd. She placed her hand on her katana and made sure that her pack wouldn't make any unneeded noise since being quite was the key element to this scenario. She made herself to the stairs and crept down slowly to the fourth floor. She looked around but nothing was in sight so far but that didn't mean that there wasn't anything below, in front, behind, or to her sides. She crept to the other staircase that lead to the third floor. The disturbance seemed to come down at least there. Perhaps the best choice would be to avoid this scenerio but this ruckus could attract more zombies and she wasn't really in the mood of more zombies coming to her shelter. She went down the stairs to the third floor.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

{წ In the Hospital: წ
    I am just jumping in her now, so if there is something I need to watch out for then please tell me because....I'm just jumping in.  
    PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:32 pm
    o
    Survivors Affected: Nina
    Event: Infected Group
    Zombie Concentration: Low
    Danger Level: Moderate

User Image

RANDOM ENCOUNTER

A trio of zombies had been drawn ever-closer to the third floor by the noises made nearby. They had heard metal, shooting, shouting, and other noises from mutated zombies. They had started to move out of the fourth floor area when they had noticed a living human poke her head in and then leave. that gave them more drive to trod down the hallways to the stairs. One of them was faster than the others, finding its way to the stairs quicker. This human girl seemed to be moving very silently along, because it could not hear her. It moved quicker once it saw her at the bottom of the stairs, catching up as she had paused to walk out into the third floor's main hallway. The other two were making their way tot he top of the stairs at that moment.

The first zombie growled and swung out at the girl with its arm, hoping to have hit her. It would follow up with a few more swings of its arms in quick succession, aiming for her head and torso. The other two zombies made their way down the stairs as the scuffle continued, increasing the amount of danger the girl would be in. It didn't help her case that there were some strewn supply carts and gurneys laying about that she could trip over if she wasn't careful or paying enough attention to her surroundings. On top of that, the further down the hall she got, the more fresh blood there would be from Dylan's corpse when Varyn relocated it. This would cause a slippery surface that could hinder her ability to fight, maneuver, or defend herself as well.

[[OOC: Here's you first little taste of things! Be careful! o:]]
    Hope the kind

Yoshielite
    Vice Captain

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
    • Autobiographer 200
    • Hygienic 200
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:05 pm
    User Image
    xxxxxxxηina

ɢvernaxxxxxxx

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

First it was the noise, the noise of footsteps that she had believed to be nonexistent on the fourth floor. It was in a split second that she realized her mistake. Whatever that had been on the third floor could have came in a group and that group just could of possibly split up. This is what her split second thought told her. As it was getting dark outside the lights would flicker on soon. Yet, the time she had been enveloped within the darkness had allowed her to somewhat get accustomed to the darkness that engulfed her everyday. However that could not always be said to her surrounding as many things looked a lump mass of black. Certainly there were things around her that she could remember from memory but she needed to act quickly. She didn't bother to count the numbers because all she knew was that there was something behind her and the way it was breathing signified that it wasn't friendly. If it was friendly it wouldn't exactly run after her after all the time survivors had to go through.

Nina knew that turning around wasn't going to change the situation even though it would be favorable for her and her weapon. Instead she grabbed the side of her katana because at this point there wasn't going to be a better weapon that would create the least amount of noise. Noise attracted zombies, an idiot knew that much so she was always grateful that her weapon was silent. Yet, at this moment there would be enough time to draw her weapon because the heavy breathing and footsteps and closed in on her. This was a do or die situation, not favorable one but it was a situation were little could actually be done.

Going foreword was not an answer due to the many obstacles in her way but at least she knew what was in front of her. 'No zombies in front,' that meant if she needed to make a little bit of noise now would be favorable. If it meant attracting more zombies then the time where it takes the zombies to come to her would allow her to draw her sword and plunge it into some flesh today.

As the noise of footsteps since didn't seem to pause or falter Nina pushed down on her sword so instead of it pointing down it now aligned from her hip to her chest. As she could not estimate the creatures height this difference would at least allow her to make contact with flesh. Next, she pushed the sword background with both hands. Once she felt contact and heard a sound that resembled a humans she took charge. She used the impact of her sword to push herself foreword with the hilt of her sword because what she needed right now was space and her weapon. Her strategy was simple, used the force of pushing her sheath towards the enemy while giving herself distance to that said enemy while also taking her sword out of its sheath.

She took approximately three steps before using the momentum to spin herself around and face the said enemy. The sound of her sheath falling to the floor could be heard through the hallway if one was near enough to the sound. It was in good time that she made her decision when she did since she could hear other zombies coming her way. If she wanted to have a chance she needed to take care of this enemy first before dealing with others. Nina didn't hesitate when she pushed herself off the floor and swung her katana sideways to cut the zombies head clean off.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

{წ In the Hospital: წ
    {წ Katana: Swiss Army Survival Knife Set: Sports Backpack: Sharpener: First Aid Kit: Flint: Stainless Steel Water Bottle (3/4) Filled: How to Survive an Apocalypse Book: Two Bags of Chia Seeds: წ

Yoshielite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:42 pm
    Known Survivor Population: 12
    Zombie Concentration: High, on its way

User ImageUser Image

NPC Event/Random Encounter

Varyn heard a noise that was not so familiar to him, but it sounded like some kind of hollow case dropping mixed with a minor scuffle. He did not like the noise, and it was close. If it was any more survivors, especially ones that were looking for the strange man who had just showed up, it could be a blessing or a curse. If it was a group of zombies, it would be a bother. If it was another damn mutant zombie, he was going to be pissed. Either way, he needed to get the jump on whatever it was before it could do the same to him, and that meant that he had to leave the survivors in the safe house, hoping that they had gotten his silent warning about opening the door. He crept over to the check-in desk, silently working his way around its edge towards the hallway.

The first zombie in the group missed its swing on the account that the girl was too fast for it. The second swing was blocked by her sword's sheath, which clattered to the ground. It's other arm was caught mid-swing by an attack of her own. The sword cut clean through the limb (which absorbed part of the impact of the blow) and stuck part way into the zombie's cranial cavity, causing it to gurgle and go limp. Unfortunately, the weight of the falling corpse combined with her blade getting stuck in its head would prove to be a challenge for her. The other two zombies approached, getting closer by the moment until one was within range to throw a punch.

Varyn took in a long, silent breath, letting his exhale go in a way that made no sound. He readied his submachine gun in both hands, checking all of its specs and ammunition. Once he was satisfied that it would not fail while he needed it, he approached the wall before the bend. He leaned up against the wall, looking over his shoulder to ready himself for the next course of action. He quickly swiveled around the corner with his weapon aimed down the hallway to see that a girl was fighting some zombies. One was attacking her, but it was dispatched easily. He noticed that her sword was stuck in its skull, and could hear the shuffling footsteps and groans of more zombies echoing from the stairwell. He knew he wasn't going to let a survivor die, so he opted to pick his way through the fallen equipment to get closer. He didn't bother staying silent anymore.

[[OOC: Oh, just so you know- the lights are on in the Hospital, at least on this floor.]]

Hope the kind

Yoshielite
    Vice Captain

Lady Robotic Pink

Fashionable Kitten

4,075 Points
    • Happy Birthday! 100
    • Millionaire 200
    • Dressed Up 200
    PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:14 am
    Stanislav Dvornyev
    Former Medical Surgeon

Tools of the trade

User Image

Stanislav looked up from his preparations as a boy came after him with the detached arm. He looked rather desperate and lost.

He knew that feeling all too well.

There had been far too many points in his life where he had been faced with events that had simply happened around him for now reason he could understand, leaving him feeling hopeless and useless while it seemed other depended upon him. It was not something he believed he would ever get used to, but it was something he had understood and felt he could now pull through.

"Well done, there." He said, putting on his best bedside manner, though
    he felt anything but like it. Usually he would have sent someone as disorientated as this kid out asap, but he was going to have to try and keep him about as he had no one else around to help. No nurses, no one. "Just put that down nice and neatly onto that little trolley table there. Thank you."

Laying out what tools he could fine still in their sealed and sterile packets, Stanislav quickly washed his hands and motioned for the boy to do so as well.

Things were more or less in tact in this room. Not enough had happened here, nor had enough time elapsed to have made things unusable, for which Stanislav was rather thankful for. He was certain the hospital's back-up generators would help with lighting, but as the natural light was enough, he did not want to take chances, nor did he want to waste anything he did not need to. He had no idea what was really happening here and all resources were to be counted as precious right now.

He wondered for a moment if what was going on was local or global. If it was an outbreak of some sort, Stanislav knew full well that such a thing could go from local to global in a very sort time, indeed. His mind also popped up the idea that if it was local, then the powers that be might have bombed them all out of the world of the living.

"What's your name, hmm?" He asked, mind switching over to the task at hand, running through the procedures of the operation. "I'm Stanislav. I don't suppose you'd like to help out with trying to get this gent is arm back, would you? I'm going to need quite a bit of help if this is to work at all."

He was not sure if this kid was going to be any help at all, but even the smallest help would be better than none.

Stanislav found a still viable intravenous kit and hooked up the patient to it, also attaching the oxygen from a mask. He was not too happy about not having someone watch the anesthetic levels, preferring to have been able to fully concentrate on the surgery, but he was going to have to make do.

Complete reattachment of the limb was going to be impossible for him like this, but a partially successful surgery would still be far better than going without a limb at a time like this, even with an extended recovery time.

☠Abstractions☠ A doctor's work in never done, especially after an apocalypse, it seems...
    ☠OOC:☠ Please tell me if I'm overboard.....lol....I'm still getting the feels of this play, but SOOOOOOOO nice to be back with a nice, proper RP going!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoshielite

Qunarri

Xelyn_X13

[26] Survival

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out